Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Werewolf XLVII City of Wonder (Game Over!)

All your lives you have lived in a village full of magical items and creatures. Sometimes this is great, such as the plows that harvest the fields for you, but other times, such as now, it’s not so great. For the village has now been infected by werewolves. The werewolves, who have assumed the identities of long time village residents, are determined to take over this wondrous place for themselves.

Basic Rules
This game follows normal Werewolf rules. There are villagers and wolves. The wolves may communicate with each other freely, while the villagers may post only in this thread. The wolves must achieve 1-1 ratio to win, the villagers must kill all the wolves. The Day Cycle will run from 9:30 AM Eastern to 10:30 PM. The Night Cycle will run from 10:30 to 9 AM.

Voting
Players should cast a vote each day they are alive. The player who receives the most votes is lynched. Failure to vote leaves a 50% chance that an item will not work if used.

Votes should be at the end of a post and bolded.

Example:
Quote:
You are evil Werewolf22!

Vote Werewolf22

Items
At the start of the game each player will receive at least 1 item. All items below are in the game and some items are in the game more than once. Some items are randomly given to a player with no items. If all players have an item, it will be randomly given to a player who has the fewest items. Items may only be exchanged at night.

Charm of Persuasion – If the vote is tied the possessor of this item will break the tie, even if the person they voted for did not have the most votes. Must be given away each night or it will be randomly given to a player with no items. If used it will randomly go to a new player.

Crystal Ball – Allows a player to spy on another player for 1 night. A wolf may choose instead to find a wearer of a Wolfbane necklace. This player will be randomly chosen among all who have a wolfbane necklace (real or fake). This item is randomly given to another player after being used.

False Wolfbane necklace – Looks identical, except by the item detector, to the Wolfbane necklace. If attacked by wolves, this will cause the player to become converted. A player scanned while wearing this will appear to be a wolf. May be kept for 2 night cycles and then must be given away or it will be randomly given to another player. A wolf may not give this item to another wolf.

Identity Switch – Causes the player using to switch identities with another player for the night. The player whose identity has been switched will not know of the switch. If used no other item may be used that night or the following night. If it has not been used after 2 nights it will be given to another player randomly. This item leaves the game after being used.

Item Blocker – May prevent one player from using any items. After being used will be given randomly to a player with no items. After being used 3 times it will leave the game.

Item Destroyer – May be used to destroy one item in the player’s possession. This item leaves the game after being used.

Item Detector – May detect what item(s) another player possess. The item detector will then go to the player who was scanned.

Item Interceptor – Used against another player. If that player was to receive any items they will go to the possessor of the Interceptor instead. Will be randomly given to a player with no items after being used (whether or not any items were intercepted).

Pardon – If possessed by the top vote getter no lynch will occur that day. Once used it leaves the game. Must be given to a new player each night. Failure to do so will result in that player’s vote not counting the next day and the pardon being given randomly to a player with no items. The wolves may not give the same pardon to another wolf more than once.

Psychic Link – Each night a possessor of the link may name up to 2 other players. If one of those players has the psychic link they will be allowed to talk privately during the following day’s cycle. After a successful link this item is removed from the game for both players.

Silver Knife – May be used to kill a player. If that player killed is not a wolf the person who uses the knife dies. May be kept for up to 3 night cycles but then must be given away or it will be randomly given to another player. This item will leave the game after being used.

Wolf Scanner – Is used to scan if another player is a wolf. That player will know if they are scanned. If not used on a night it will be given randomly to another player. Once it has been used it will leave the game.

Wolfbane leaf– Protects the owner against wolf attack. If possessed by a wolf may overcome wolfbane protection (leaf or necklace). Must be given away or it will be randomly given to another player without an item. This item will leave the game after being used.

Wolfbane necklace – Protects the owner against wolf attack. If possessed by a wolf, it will cause the Wolf Scanner to show the person as a villager. May be kept for 2 night cycles and then must be given away or it will be randomly given to another player. A wolf may not give this item to another wolf. If it prevents an attack it will be automatically given to another player.

Items of Dead Players
If a player is killed by wolves the wolves will randomly receive one of that player’s items (so if the player had just one item the wolves get that item). Any other items will be randomly given to players.

When a player is lynched each item will be randomly given to a player who voted for them. Each player can only receive one item this way. If the lynched player had more items than players who voted for them, the remaining items will be randomly given to other players.

Order of Night Actions
1. Items being given away are sent
2. Items being used are activated
3. Wolves attack
4. Items which are randomly given are given

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-25-2007 at 07:53 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #2
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Roster
1. Alan T
2. st.cronin (Lynched Day 2) Wolf
3. Lathum
4. Pass (Killed Night 2)
5. path
6. Lonestargirl
7. Daddy Torgo (Lynched Day 1)
8. Render
9. saldana
10. Chief Rum (Killed Night 1)
11. hoopsguy (killed Night 2)
12. ardent enthusiast
13. Swaggs
14. ntndeacon
15. Golden Eagle

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-28-2007 at 09:01 AM.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:46 PM   #3
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Place holder 2
Old 06-24-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Sign-ups will continue until Monday at 8 PM Eastern. Roles will be sent out shortly after that and the game will start after all the roles (and items) have been sent.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #5
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sign me up - I really enjoyed the last item game I played.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #6
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm in if accepted.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:44 PM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:48 PM   #8
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I'm in if accepted.
It's good to have you back.

And a quick note: If we get up to 14 players I'm likely going to add in a couple more items that I'd left out considering the smaller nature of the game.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-24-2007 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #9
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'll play again.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:47 PM   #10
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

is there a thread in the GD forum?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:39 PM   #11
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
is there a thread in the GD forum?
No. A good idea. I'll post it tomorrow in hopes of catching the work crowd.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:46 PM   #12
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

in por favor
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:54 AM   #13
RendeR
Coordinator

This sounds downright interesting =) glad I got in on this one!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:51 PM   #14
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

when are roles coming out?
Old 06-25-2007, 02:54 PM   #15
SnDvls
Pro Starter

This game is starting on July 2nd correct?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:06 PM   #16
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
This game is starting on July 2nd correct?

I doubt it.

that would be a week from now. I was under the impression it was starting today
Old 06-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #17
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm in if accepted.

you can play, i will just kill you on the first night again

btw, that was a respect kill, not a spite/revenge kill as had been suggested...i asked the others if we could take you out because you are usually very good at catching me when i am a wolf
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:18 PM   #18
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

btw, that was a respect kill, not a spite/revenge kill as had been suggested...i asked the others if we could take you out because you are usually very good at catching me when i am a wolf

Vote saldana
Old 06-25-2007, 04:14 PM   #19
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I doubt it.

that would be a week from now. I was under the impression it was starting today
This is correct. I'm sending out roles and items tonight and Day 1 will start then.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:25 PM   #20
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
This is correct. I'm sending out roles and items tonight and Day 1 will start then.

ahh ok I'll have to pass then as I'm going out of town later in the week.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:26 PM   #21
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post

No worries, I wasn't aware it was thought of as a spite kill, though I could certainly understand that reasoning.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:07 PM   #22
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
No worries, I wasn't aware it was thought of as a spite kill, though I could certainly understand that reasoning.

That was me - just trying to figure out why you were offed first, as I didn't see a whole lot in your postings on Day 1 that should have made you a target.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:08 PM   #23
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I can't even remember what I posted.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #24
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am ready to play! Although I am flying to Houston on Thursday till the 4th... but I will have computer access. I am trying to talk golden eagle to play this game but we will be busy wednesday cuz he turns 23. But as soon as he gets home Ill tell him to get online and join
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:27 PM   #25
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I am ready to play! Although I am flying to Houston on Thursday till the 4th... but I will have computer access. I am trying to talk golden eagle to play this game but we will be busy wednesday cuz he turns 23. But as soon as he gets home Ill tell him to get online and join

23. sigh...

he should, I always enjyed playing in games with him
Old 06-25-2007, 06:02 PM   #26
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't even remember my 23rd bday. I just know I lived in Texas back then
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 06:16 PM   #27
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I wish I was living in Texas right now Alant.

Anyway, I used my womanly powers to convince GE to play this game so sign him up.

Now if we can only get Kwit and whoever else stopped playing because of Blade/Bek back in the game we will be set
Old 06-25-2007, 06:46 PM   #28
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

sweet, welcome GE
Old 06-25-2007, 07:13 PM   #29
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Glad to have GE aboard. Rules have been finalized. Roles will be going out shortly. It should be noted that the wolves are receiving the template used for villagers in their PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #30
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Got my role PM and checking in!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #31
saldana
Pro Starter

villager checking in
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:03 PM   #32
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The rumors of the wolves have turned out to be true.

For generations your city has been a fantastical place. A place that has worked hard to seal itself off from the outside. From vampires. From werewolves. From the evil that seems to pervade other places. And why not? The life of most citizens is a pleasant one. While most of the world is corrupted by magic, held captive to it, this city has harnessed it and used it for good. Need something swept up? No problem a broom will do it for you. Need to get somewhere quickly? Surely a neighbor can lend you some horseshoes of swiftness. It is a privilege and honor to be part of the city. People cherish the magical heirlooms which have been handed down from generation to generation, whose purpose has long been rendered moot.

But now all that has changed. A few of the citizens had reported seeing wolfish creatures when last journeying outside the city’s protected area. The typical precautions were taken. Never before had there been demonic penetration with-in the city thanks to a combination of vigilance and magic.

Yesterday when it was discovered that there had been a tear in the magic, the city went into a tizzy. And now last night one of your long time residents, Barkeep, was found murdered, mauled is more like it. And so it is clear that the wolves have somehow made their way into the city. The city elders are fairly confident that the evil was contained into a small area. A citywide search was performed, but nothing was turned up. This can only mean that they have somehow incorporated themselves into citizens. The small area effected, consisting of about 15 citizens, has been quarantined. The elders are confident that they will know when the evil has been eliminated. It is up to you few to find, and kill, any who might be part of this evil.

Good luck.

Day 1 has begun. Day 1 voting deadline is Tuesday at 10:30 PM.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-25-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:08 PM   #33
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

villager checking in
Old 06-25-2007, 08:11 PM   #34
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

another villager checking in.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #35
Barkeep49
Coordinator

VERY IMPORTANT

I meant to add this in to the rules, and was not sent to the wolves in their role PMs:

Twice per game two wolves may attack at night, for the potential of two night kills.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 06-25-2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #36
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wolfbane necklace – Protects the owner against wolf attack. If possessed by a wolf, it will cause the Wolf Scanner to show the person as a villager. May be kept for 2 night cycles and then must be given away or it will be randomly given to another player. A wolf may not give this item to another wolf. If it prevents an attack it will be automatically given to another player.

1. Items being given away are sent
2. Items being used are activated

So, in the order of actions if I was to give this item to someone, who was then attacked by a wolf later that night, would this activate automatically? Or would they have had to possess it earlier in order to activate it in the event they were attacked?

Just trying to understand the strategy behind some of the items and picked this one as an example. People should not read into this as suggesting that I possess the listed item.

Oh, and villegar checking in - just in case people put weight behind those statements.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:28 PM   #37
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well the wolfbane items are passive defenses that only activate if used. But yes you could pass someone the wolfbane necklace and if that person was attacked later that night they would be protected.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #38
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Role received. Hopefully I can remember how to play.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:42 PM   #39
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

hmmm so hoopsguy has wolfbane necklace. I must remember that.

I recieved my role. This is going to be a difficult game for me because I am all about action but since it seems most the items are out of the game after they are used I am going to have to wait to use them.

Wish me luck :P
Old 06-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #40
path12
Coordinator

Should all the roles have been sent? I don't have mine.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #41
RendeR
Coordinator

Yay I get to be a villager again! I haven't been a wolf in any game yet. Not sure if I should be happy for dissapointed =)

Question: You give items away as your night actions, correct? or can it be done during the day? And in order to give it away one must PM you stating "Give XXXXX my XXXXXX item"? And if I fail to PM you you randomly relocate my item(s) to another player?

I just want to get these item mecahnics down pat.

Last edited by RendeR : 06-25-2007 at 08:49 PM.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:50 PM   #42
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Should all the roles have been sent? I don't have mine.
Indeed. Will send yours along shortly as I must have missed you.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:04 PM   #43
Swaggs
Coordinator

Got my PM and checking in.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 09:08 PM   #44
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Question: You give items away as your night actions, correct? or can it be done during the day?

Items can only be given away at night.
Quote:
And in order to give it away one must PM you stating "Give XXXXX my XXXXXX item"?
Correct
Quote:
And if I fail to PM you you randomly relocate my item(s) to another player?
If an item must switch hands and I have no PM on who to give it to, it will be done randomly. Some items are always switched randomly (crystal ball for instance).
Old 06-25-2007, 10:12 PM   #45
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Villager here.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:11 AM   #46
st.cronin
General Manager

Villager checking in. I have an item. I think all players have an item, is that right?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:41 AM   #47
path12
Coordinator

Checking in. I have an item also.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:38 AM   #48
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

villager checking in. i do believe I have 2 items (if i recall what i read yesterday night correctly), and one of them should prove very useful to the village
Old 06-26-2007, 06:43 AM   #49
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

LSG...womanly powers? all about action??

Ummmmm
Old 06-26-2007, 07:12 AM   #50
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Villager.

I'll be gone most of the day, as usual, on Tuesday. I'm going to try to log on before I go to my second job, though, to put in a more meaningful vote. If you don't dee me, though, that's why.

Hope we catch a wolf.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote