Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2006, 12:21 PM   #1
IwasHere
Banned

What is LenDale White doing with a chiropractor

Have you seen this article? Scarry Stuff!
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?id...eadlines&ft=ss

Let me guess; they took White to every Sports Medical Doctor in the Denver area and they all said the same thing, Severe Tear, Surgery, and shutting down for a year.

His agent then finds some Quack Chiropractor that says he can cure him with some Vitamins, a little Ginseng, and of course 3 weekly Adjustments in his office before the season starts.

If you read the article, it becomes obvious that this is just damage control by his agent. I just hope whatever NFL team signs him they insist that a real doctor evaluate his hamstring.

A Chiropractor! Why not just bring in a Warlock to cast a spell on his hamstring or rub some chicken bones on it?

Last edited by IwasHere : 04-14-2006 at 12:21 PM.
IwasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Still an early 2nd round pick. McGahee was more hurt during his draft and he went at the end of the first.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:27 PM   #3
rkmsuf
Head Coach

maybe he's been drinking too much dairy and taking hot showers.

he needs some couchgrass and some crampart.

For you see it's in the medical establishments best interests you remain sick. You see, that insures good business. You're not a patient. You're a customer. You see, you are in disharmony. The throat is the gateway to the lung. Tonsillitis, adenoiditis, is, in Chinese medical terms, and invasion of heat and wind.

Last edited by rkmsuf : 04-14-2006 at 12:30 PM.
rkmsuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #4
stevew
Hall Of Famer

MaGhee was also a top 3 pick before his injury, something that White wouldn't have been considered. I'd almost rather my guy have a clean ACL than a chronically messed up Hammy.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:34 PM   #5
John Galt
Pro Starter

What is with the hate of a chiropractor? A warlock? WTF?

Although I do appreciate the evil smurf's Seinfeld reference.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I mean really. What does a warlock know of lumbars.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:38 PM   #7
miami_fan
Coordinator

I think teams are more concerned with a perceived lack of work ethic with White more than anything else. Willis proved his work ethic prior to the draft. White seems to have given teams the opposite impression.
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:47 PM   #8
IwasHere
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
I mean really. What does a warlock know of lumbars.
Last time I checked White wasn't rear-ended in a car accident.

It is a freakin Hamstring Tear, not some Insurance whiplash scam.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #9
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwasHere
Last time I checked White wasn't rear-ended in a car accident.

It is a freakin Hamstring Tear, not some Insurance whiplash scam.

Perhaps if he got his lumbars properly alligned he wouldn't tear the hamstring. A healthy gate means a lot.

And warlocks have terrible bedside manners.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #10
IwasHere
Banned

Quote:
Perhaps if he got his lumbars properly alligned he wouldn't tear the hamstring. A healthy gate means a lot.
Don't forget the Vitamins. Since those Quacks can't prescribe real medicine they love their Special Homeopathic Pills.

Last edited by IwasHere : 04-14-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #11
Franklinnoble
Banned

Unavailable for comment.

Last edited by Franklinnoble : 04-14-2006 at 12:54 PM.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:56 PM   #12
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Don't forget the Vitamins. Since those Quacks can't prescribe real medicine they love their Special Holistic Pills.

You don't know anything about chiropractors, do you? This guy may very well be a quack (I have no idea), but your statements about chiropractors in general are just nonsense.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:57 PM   #13
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Their holistic Jerry. Holistic.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:00 PM   #14
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
You don't know anything about chiropractors, do you? This guy may very well be a quack (I have no idea), but your statements about chiropractors in general are just nonsense.

I think he is on point with some, and not so much with others. Chiropractors that work hand-in-hand with the medical establishment I think can be a worthy thing. Those who cast dispersions on the whole medical profession are quacks. I don't care much for M.D.'s that hate Chiropractors either.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:03 PM   #15
IwasHere
Banned

Chiropractors in general are a joke. What is to know? They want to see you three times a week for 3 years or until your insurance runs out and they try to sell you all sorts of Bullshit Homeopathic Pills.

I dare anyone to find me a bigger rip off than those Quacks. Just because they went to the trade school next to Big Rig driving place does not mean they are doctors.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:05 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg
I think he is on point with some, and not so much with others. Chiropractors that work hand-in-hand with the medical establishment I think can be a worthy thing. Those who cast dispersions on the whole medical profession are quacks. I don't care much for M.D.'s that hate Chiropractors either.

Like any profession, I think there are some good Chiropractors and some that aren't good.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:06 PM   #17
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Chiropractors in general are a joke. What is to know? They want to see you three times a week for 3 years or until your insurance runs out and they try to sell you all sorts of Bullshit Homeopathic Pills.

I dare anyone to find me a bigger rip off than those Quacks. Just because they went to the trade school next to Big Rig driving place does not mean they are doctors.

You really have issues. And are pretty uninformed.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:06 PM   #18
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
Still an early 2nd round pick. McGahee was more hurt during his draft and he went at the end of the first.

I think he still goes at the end of the first round. As others have suggested, I can't see Pittsburgh passing on him if he's available. He's their Bettis replacement.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 01:08 PM   #19
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
I think he still goes at the end of the first round. As others have suggested, I can't see Pittsburgh passing on him if he's available. He's their Bettis replacement.

But if he can't play this year then why take him? Don't they need someone now and the future?
Old 04-14-2006, 01:09 PM   #20
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:

I don't disagree. Some chiropractors are probably not too good and encourage silly solutions. I've never met one of these chiropractors and my experiences with them have always been good. Chiropractors do have a good historical reason for distrusting the medical profession since they tried to force every state to ban chiropractors from working (and almost succeed until the chiropractors won some lawsuits). With that being said, I agree with your point that I don't want one who talks about conspiracies and wears tinfoil hats. I just want one who does spinal adjustments (the same adjustments you can get an M.D. to do) and lets me go about my business.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #21
GrantDawg

Quote:
I don't disagree. Some chiropractors are probably not too good and encourage silly solutions. I've never met one of these chiropractors and my experiences with them have always been good. Chiropractors do have a good historical reason for distrusting the medical profession since they tried to force every state to ban chiropractors from working (and almost succeed until the chiropractors won some lawsuits). With that being said, I agree with your point that I don't want one who talks about conspiracies and wears tinfoil hats. I just want one who does spinal adjustments (the same adjustments you can get an M.D. to do) and lets me go about my business.

Yeah, I can understand the distrust. It is just one of those "through the baby out with the bathwater" deals that both sides are guilty of. There are actually offices out here now that have both M.D.'s and chiropractors in the same office. I hope that becomes more common.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:15 PM   #22
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, I can understand the distrust. It is just one of those "through the baby out with the bathwater" deals that both sides are guilty of. There are actually offices out here now that have both M.D.'s and chiropractors in the same office. I hope that becomes more common.

When I injured my neck, I went to 2 different rehab centers that had all levels of practioners including chiropractors. They all worked well together and I there certainly weren't any quacks that I met. Chiropractors aren't analogous to M.D.'s - they are analogous to physical or occupational therapists. And, in my limited experience, I've actually found the chiropractors to be more knowledgable and helpful than my experiences with physical therapists.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:22 PM   #23
Franklinnoble
Banned

Consider me a skeptic. I don't really need someone to start cracking my spine the way I crack my knuckles.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:24 PM   #24
GrantDawg

Quote:
When I injured my neck, I went to 2 different rehab centers that had all levels of practioners including chiropractors. They all worked well together and I there certainly weren't any quacks that I met. Chiropractors aren't analogous to M.D.'s - they are analogous to physical or occupational therapists. And, in my limited experience, I've actually found the chiropractors to be more knowledgable and helpful than my experiences with physical therapists.

I agree that they are analogous with physichal therapist, but the wars have been fought between M'D.'s and chiropractors. And there still some on both sides fighting.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:26 PM   #25
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
I agree that they are analogous with physichal therapist, but the wars have been fought between M'D.'s and chiropractors. And there still some on both sides fighting.

I wasn't really disagreeing with you (although it probably sounded like it). I agree. I was just adding that chiropractors basically do what an orthopedist does. Just as you could have an M.D. do all your physical therapy, but it really isn't necessary.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #26
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
But if he can't play this year then why take him? Don't they need someone now and the future?

They won the superbowl last year, and don't have major defections. I'd say they can wait.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:37 PM   #27
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Don't forget the Vitamins. Since those Quacks can't prescribe real medicine they love their Special Homeopathic Pills.

You sir are a moron. I personally suffered an injury in football once that sent me to a chiropractor. How serious was it? Well I couldn't even walk due to a back injury.

A real life chiropractor perscribed me with pain medication and muscle relaxors, and then a real life chiropractor performed surgery on me in a real life hospital that really worked! So STFU when you don't know what you are talking about, they aren't all quacks.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #28
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Chiropractors aren't analogous to M.D.'s - they are analogous to physical or occupational therapists.

Again, see my example above. Some chiropractors can actually be M.D.'s.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:39 PM   #29
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Again, see my example above. Some chiropractors can actually be M.D.'s.

That's true, but it is the exception, not the rule.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:44 PM   #30
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

I used to wait tables with a guy who was in chiropractic school while I was working on becoming a teacher. He was a real asshole and used to always talk about how those who can't teach. I think my jaded view of chiropractors is at least in part due to him.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 02:48 PM   #31
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
maybe he's been drinking too much dairy and taking hot showers.

he needs some couchgrass and some crampart.

For you see it's in the medical establishments best interests you remain sick. You see, that insures good business. You're not a patient. You're a customer. You see, you are in disharmony. The throat is the gateway to the lung. Tonsillitis, adenoiditis, is, in Chinese medical terms, and invasion of heat and wind.

But wasn't Tor Eckman curing George's tonsilitis? I don't think he was a chiropractor. Of course Bob Sacanmano got screwed over by doctors.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:08 PM   #32
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Good grief ... me & John Galt in apparently complete agreement on something.
Close the thread now, the subject is settled.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:14 PM   #33
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty

God i hope not. Not the Steelers type of player, and we already have one gimpy legged back(Duce). I think if the Steelers take a back it will be Maurice Drew or Joseph Addai. Staley/Parker/Haynes will do a solid job.

They might be throwing up a smokescreen, but he hasn't even had a private interview, while 20 odd other guys have.

Last edited by stevew : 04-14-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:16 PM   #34
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If LenDale is going to fall that far, I hope the Colts take him. We need to replace Edge anyway, I'm sure that LenDale will play at some point this season. Heck, look at what he did at USC, he performs on gameday. Anyone good enough to take carries away from the top talent in the draft is a good player.
Old 04-14-2006, 09:16 PM   #35
IwasHere
Banned

Quote:
You sir are a moron. I personally suffered an injury in football once that sent me to a chiropractor. How serious was it? Well I couldn't even walk due to a back injury.

A real life chiropractor perscribed me with pain medication and muscle relaxors, and then a real life chiropractor performed surgery on me in a real life hospital that really worked! So STFU when you don't know what you are talking about, they aren't all quacks.
I am pretty sure this Doctor was an MD. Unless you live in some 3rd World Country; then all bets are off.

Chiropractors can not prescribe medicine and are not allowed anywhere near an opperating room.

You may want to check your facts again.

Last edited by IwasHere : 04-14-2006 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:06 PM   #36
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Chiropractors can be MDs, you know? There isn't a rule against it .
Old 04-14-2006, 11:29 PM   #37
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Chiropractors can be MDs, you know? There isn't a rule against it .

It's awfully unlikely. An MD working as a chiropractor would be like Anthony Hopkins doing dinner theater. I mean, it could happen, but it's probably not the career path he'd take.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:51 PM   #38
IwasHere
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
It's awfully unlikely. An MD working as a chiropractor would be like Anthony Hopkins doing dinner theater. I mean, it could happen, but it's probably not the career path he'd take.
I could see it happen if it went the other way. A chiropractor who decides he wants to become a real doctor and goes back to school.
Old 04-14-2006, 11:52 PM   #39
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

But at the same time, it's hard to turn down $20 just to crack someone's back, even for an MD.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:53 PM   #40
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
I could see it happen if it went the other way. A chiropractor who decides he wants to become a real doctor and goes back to school.

What do you call a docter who fails out of med school?

Sorry, couldn't resist a Seinfeld-esque joke here.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:53 PM   #41
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:

I might have to speak with you more Mr. Galt. A month ago I fractured my C-2 vertabrae in an accident, and my neurologist recommended I don't see a chiropractor in the future. Being that I never have before I didn't really look too much in to it. Not sure if he personally feels that they are no good, or that my injury isn't worth the risk. In about 2 months (hopefully less) I will begin rehab on the neck, so I will mention it to them and see what they think.

Getting back to LenDale. I know this thread isn't so much about how he will perform, and mainly basing this on a gut feeling, I believe as long as he stays healthy he will be a vey solid RB in the NFL. I base this just on watching him play in college, to me he seemed like the real deal. An ideal situation to me would seem to be in Indy, but knowing how Denver handles their RBs he seems like he would be a good fit there as well. I also think Pittsburgh would be a great place for him but as it was mentioned, they are probably looking for someone who can make more of an impact this year.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 11:58 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree. The amount of debt that most medical students take on, and the fact that chiropractic work is not in the field of medicine in that there are no residencies after medical school in "chiropractic" medicine makes this a very unlikely career path. I think it is more likely that someone would be a chiropractor and then decide to go to medical school.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:38 AM   #43
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
God i hope not. Not the Steelers type of player, and we already have one gimpy legged back(Duce). I think if the Steelers take a back it will be Maurice Drew or Joseph Addai. Staley/Parker/Haynes will do a solid job.

They might be throwing up a smokescreen, but he hasn't even had a private interview, while 20 odd other guys have.

Okay, it does look like the Steelers are bringing White in now, after all. I think the team could deal with him sitting out most of this year, I'd rather have a saftety at 32nd, though. I just think the recent success has been due to the team getting hard working players with minimal attitude, and it just doesnt seem like Lendale has that kind of history.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:41 AM   #44
watravaler
High School JV

Lendale White...Carolina or Indy, I'll be taking him fairly high in my FF draft. Put it on the board, YES!
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 04:08 AM   #45
IwasHere
Banned

Quote:
dubb93, I think I am going to have to call BULLSHIT on this.

Could you please provide a link or even a name to this chiropractor who prescribes medicine and performs back surgery.

dubb93 I think your lying through your teetth In other words; "YOUR A PHONY, A BIG FAT PHONY. HEY EVERYONE LOOK THIS GUY IS A PHONY, A BIG FAT PHONY" (FG)
Old 04-15-2006, 09:41 AM   #46
duckman
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19
I might have to speak with you more Mr. Galt. A month ago I fractured my C-2 vertabrae in an accident, and my neurologist recommended I don't see a chiropractor in the future. Being that I never have before I didn't really look too much in to it. Not sure if he personally feels that they are no good, or that my injury isn't worth the risk. In about 2 months (hopefully less) I will begin rehab on the neck, so I will mention it to them and see what they think.

My neurosurgeon told me the exact same thing when I told me the same thing after my surgery last year. He also told me that no one should go see a chiropractor when having neck problems. I did have my neck worked on a few years back when I first started having neck problems and he said it would not be out of the realm of possibility that the chiropractor made my condition worst. However, he has recommended people in the past to see one when they have middle to lower back problems.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 09:53 AM   #47
Easy Mac

those who say physical therapists and chiropractors are the same have obviously never been to a PT. They're jobs aren't even remotely similar. One cracks your bones, one actually works on a real problem.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:42 PM   #48
kenparker23
n00b

just a quick chiropractor story. We had a patient who had a large rotator cuff tear. My partner fixed the repair. The patient had saw a chiropractor for three visits prior to seeing us. His therapy consisted of the chiropractor putting his fist between his legs and rubbing his shoulder. After he saw us, he went back to the chiropractor and told him he had a large rotator cuff tear. The chiropractor said "that is how those guys make their money".

After his cuff was repaired he went on to have a good recovery. The patient told us his insurance paid us $1100 to fix his cuff and all of the global follow-up. They paid the chiropractor $800 for rubbing his shoulder.

I do think there are good chiropractors out there. But it is things like this that hurt them.
kenparker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:55 PM   #49
Desnudo
Coordinator

The passion about chiropractors brought to this thread is impressive.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #50
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
dubb93, I think I am going to have to call BULLSHIT on this.

Could you please provide a link or even a name to this chiropractor who prescribes medicine and performs back surgery.

dubb93 I think your lying through your teetth In other words; "YOUR A PHONY, A BIG FAT PHONY. HEY EVERYONE LOOK THIS GUY IS A PHONY, A BIG FAT PHONY" (FG)

Well, I just looked at the guy and it appears he has now moved on the "family medicine." He(and I) was fairly young when I went to him, and at the time the doctor that sent me to him told me he was a "chiropractor."

Prehaps the doctor tried to use something I understood? Nevertheless, he did have a very "chiropractoresque" approach, in that he tried to pop my back b/f I told him "no." At which point he ordered an MRI and gave me medication. Later he performed my surgery.