Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
sabotai
General Manager

Crusader Kings II - House Staden

House Staden in 1066

Head of the House: Duke Lothar-Udo II of Brandenburg
Wife: Duchess Oda of Brandenburg (age: 16)
Children: Heinrich Staden (Son, Age 1, current Heir), Adelheid Staden (Daughter, Age 1). Both children are from Duchaess Oda.

Current Demesne
Duchy of Brandenburg
County of Brandenburg
County of Anhalt
Barony of Stade (in the county of Bremen - Duchy of Saxony)

Also, Duke Lothar-Udo II has the most votes to become the next Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire, although that will probably change soon.

Short Term Goals
1) Build up the settlements in Brandenburg. I need to increase my economy and my ability to raise soldiers.
2) Before I do that, build up an "emergency fund". I'll be using 120 gold as my minimum. This will allow me to hire a small band of mercenaries, and keep them employed for a good while, should I get attacked. Current gold is at 65 and will take a few years to get up to 120.

Long Term Goals
1) The usual, build up my holdings. Try to take some pagan lands to the north.
2) My goal for this dynasty is to create a dynasty. I want to spread House Staden as much as possible. I want Germany to be House Staden. Even if the rulers of the kingdoms and duchies are all distant relatives, I want them all to be House Staden. May not be possible, but that's what I'll be driving towards.

Last edited by sabotai : 02-18-2012 at 01:58 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
sabotai
General Manager

Duchy of Brandenburg

The Duchy of Brandenburg currently consists of the Counties of Anhalt and Brandenburg (controlled by Duke Lothar-Udo II), the County of Altmark (currently controled by Count Friedrich of House Goseck) and the Barony of Stade (held by Duke Lothar-Udo II in the county of Bremen)

County of Brandenburg

County Tax: 10.1 / 25.0 (10.1 paid to me yearly, 25.0 total income)
County Levy: 347 / 472 (347 troops I can raise, 472 max)
Military/Economy/Culture Advances : 5 / 1 / 5

Culture: Pomeranian
Religion: Catholic
Supply: 25k
Revolt Risk: 2%

Capital: Barony of Brandenburg (no construction done)
Bishopric of Havelberg (no construction)
City of Jüterborg (Town Palisade built, nothing else)

County of Anhalt

County Tax: 10.2 / 29.4
County Levy: 411 / 697
Advances: 5 / 5 / 3
Culture: German
Supply: 24k
Revolt Risk: 0%

Capital: Barony of Zerbst (no construction)
City of Haldensleben (Town Palisade, nothing else)
Bishopric of Magdeburg (no construction)
Barony of Querfurt (no construction)

County of Altmark

County Tax: 0.0 / 26.2
County Levy: 96 / 472
Advances: 5 / 4 / 2
Culture: Pomeranian
Supply: 25k
Revolt Risk: 2%

Capital: Barony of Stendal (no construction)
Bishopric of Halberstedt (no construction)
City of Walbeck (Town Palisade, nothing else)

Barony of Stade

I get 4 gold per year from the Barony and a levy of 225. There's also no construction done here.

All total, I can raise 1079 troops. Not enough for an attack on the pagan north.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
sabotai
General Manager

15h of September, 1066

Gold: 64 (+2.09 per month)
Prestige: 30 (+1.04 per month)
Piety: 15 (+0.46 per month)
Demesne Size: 3/6
Realm Size: 11
Score: 0

27th of September, 1066

Kaiser Heinrich IV asks for Limited Crown Authority and I approve.

12th of October, 1066

Kaiser Heinrich IV declares a Holy War for Mechlenburg on High Chief Krutoj I.

27th of November, 1066

Kaiser Heinrich IV has raised troops throughout the kingdom.

8th of December, 1066

The pagans to the north have entered Altmark and are laying siege to its holdings. They are 5200 strong.

18th of January, 1067

I raise my levies, but after Kaiser Hainrich IV raised them, my personal levies only amount to a few hundred (344).

Right now, the Kaiser's army is only 3221, but he has a few thousand taking their time coming up from the south.

11th of April, 1067

We defeat an army of about 600 in Hamburg. I'm basically just shadowing the Kaiser's army right now, making sure I end up in the same counties a few days after he gets there.

15th of May, 1067

Of course, we are the target of the High Chief's army. We are neighbors. Altmark is about to fall, but the good news is that I just noticed the the Kingdom of Hungary is on our side as well and 2000 more troops are headed this way. 1500 more from the HRE in the south. Once they get here, we'll crush the High Chief's army.

The Kingdom of Sweden is also on our side, but I don't see any troops coming from their way (I can't see them at all)

21st of June, 1067

Altmark falls to the pagans. Their army now heads to Brandenburg.

5th of August, 1067

The army of the HRE has grown to 7000 thanks to more troops arriving from ships (no idea where they came from) and 1500 more troops from Sweden just arrived.

Now it's time to destroy their army.....but I guess it's also good to stay and continue the siege....

23rd of September, 1067

The county of Mecklenburg falls to the HRE.

7th of November, 1067

"The forest is not big enough for the barons. They demand hunting rights on the Church lands after chasing all the game to the Church's side of the forest and having to stop the hunt unless they'd risk the anger of the Church."

I tell Mayor Johann to stay on his side of the forest (-20 opinion change from him, +25 from Bishop Werner).

16th of November, 1067

The army of the HRE has driven off the pagan invaders. Brandenburg is no longer under siege.

26th of November, 1067

Duke Ordulf I of Saxony has declared war on me. He has a ducal claim to Anhalt. Nice timing, prick.

I have 114 gold. Close enough. Time to hire a band of mercenaries. I hire the Bulgarian Band.

22nd of February, 1068

The Battle of Gifhorn (in the county of Lüneburg). 1665 troops (mostly the Bulgarian Band) defeated 794 Saxon troops.

23rd of March, 1068

The Battle of Hannover. 1516 Brandenburg troops defeated 504 from Saxony.

5th of May, 1068

An army of about 700 from Saxony ran into the pagan army of nearly 2000 from Mecklenburg and were pretty much wiped out.

Down to 24 gold and losing 3.18 per month...

2nd of October, 1068

The HRE finally wins the war with Mecklenburg. They get 3 counties out of the deal and High King Krutoj I, now known as High King Krutoj the Fat, is down to one.

5th of June, 1069

My wife is pregnant.

The war has been going well. They have to keep raising levies and I keep smacking them down.

28th of August, 1069

The county of Lüneburg falls to me. My treasury is up to 37 gold now.

6th of January, 1070

My daughter, Benedicta, is born.

5th of July, 1070

Typhoid Fever is spreading through the lands. 2 of my counties got it.

19th of August, 1071

The war is at a standstill and has been fro over 2 years. I can't get enough troops together to take more land. It takes too long to take a county, and if I wait until i have one, he'll have built up enough troops to take me on. I keep smacking down his 500-600 levies every so often with my 1000 army. I get reinforced after the battle and it's time to smack down more levies.

I'm up to 80% warscore and he still won't give in. I want him to give in to demands because if he does, I get a nice truckload of gold (~150). If we white peace, he just takes a hit to prestige. He'll accept a white peace, but.....

I need my money though. I'm at 22 gold and holding steady. The monthly expense of the Bulgarian Band has decreased to 1.75 per month due to them only being around 500 right now.

It's a war of attrition and one I plan to win.

18th of December, 1071

I think I'm losing this war of attrition....he has a lot more counties to draw troops from. At 88% he still won't give in.

21st of January, 1072

In the last two battles, I took 3 prisoners total. I wanted to cut their heads off but that would cost piety. I ransomed all 3 and all 3 came through. I'm back up to about 100 gold.

19th of March, 1072

My wife is pregnant! This war has gotten someone in the mood...

14th of May, 1072

"It is as if I see Oda for the first time..." - Embrace the love I feel for Oda. +5 Piety and Duchess Oda falls in love with Duke Lothar-Udo II.

27th of May, 1072

Limited Crown Authority in the HRE has been approved.

31st of May, 1072

Another prisoner has been ransomed. Forget peace, this war has become very profitable now that I've started capturing prisoners. Up to 131 Gold

17th of June, 1072

My Steward has collected a tithe in Brandenburg, another 15 gold for me!

5th of July, 1072

Duke Ordulf finally comes to his senses and surrenders (Warscore got close to 100%. Didn't pay attention to where it ended up but it may have been 100% when he offered terms of surrender). I gain 100 Prestige, 189.9 Gold and Duke Ordulf takes a 200 Prestige hit.

After the war, Ordulf is at 168 Prestige, still pretty good, but has -31.4 Gold. HA! Serves you right you opportunist backstabber. We are at war with the pagans you jackass!

This isn't the end either. I'm parking my spymaster in his realms and when the odds are good, I'm taking his people out.

State of the Realm
Gold: 337
Prestige: 211
Piety: 64
Demesne Size: 3/6
Realm Size: 11

With our influx of money, I order Wooden Palisades be built in the Barony of Brandenburg (Cost: 50 Gold; Levy Size: +2.5%, Tax Income: +0.2, Fort Level: +0.5 - but importantly, they are a prerequisite for a good number of other constructions.)

Before I do that, I have my Steward oversee construction, bring the build time down from 356 days to 246 days. I also order a Church Palisade for Havelberg (same effects as above). That brings me to 237 Gold.

I order the building of Militia Mustering Grounds for the city of Jüterburg. They cost 100 Gold and give +60 Light Infantry and +30 Archers.

All 3 holdings in Brandenburg and now under construction.

Gold now at 137, 17 over my emergency fund limit.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #4
sabotai
General Manager

13th of July, 1072

"I don't think it was meant to hurt me, but the criticism still stung harder than it should have." I'll turn the other cheek - 45% of becoming "Patient" - Nope.

1st of August, 1072

The war distracted me and most of Council are sitting on their asses not doing anything.

My Chancellor, Hartwig von Havelbrg, is only rated 10. For most things, there's as good of a chance of failing as their is succeeding, so he stays put and doesn't do anything.

My Marshal, Stefan von Magdeburg, is rated 18. He is training troops in Anhalt

My Steward, Urjasz of Brandenburg, is rated 13. He's overseeing construction in Brandenburg.

My Spymaster, Gotzelo von Havelberg, is rated 12. He is studying technology in Byzantion. I would park him in Saxony, but he's not good enough. His chance of being discovered is the same as success.

My Court Chaplain, Bishop Gottfried of Havelberg, is rated 15. He's researching Cultural Tech in Brandenburg.

18th of October, 1072

A son, Lothar-Udo, is born.

With the birth of a second son, Lothar-Udo will inherit the County of Anhalt and the Barony of Stade on my death, while the Duchy of Brandenburg and the County of Brandenburg goes to Heinrich.

30th of October, 1072

The Culture in Altmark changes to German.

8th of March, 1073

Wooden Palisades built in the Barony of Brandenburg.

6th of June, 1073

"Peddlers selling all sorts of food, clothing, exotic spices and luxuries such as glass and jewels filled the town square with their wares and shouts."

I don't like the merchants, but their wares are fine. 50% gain "Shy", 50% gain 10 Prestige. I got the Prestige bonus.

22nd of June, 1073

"My work tasks me me...". Perhaps I should send for a new bird - 50% Disastrous Falconry, 50% chance Fortunate Falconry

6th July, 1073

"The new bird had not been properly trained...."

I'll try hunting instead - Get "Aspiring Hunter" until 4th of October, 1073: +2 Martial

1st of September, 1073

I decide to go on a Grand Hunt. -5.86 Gold.

7th of September, 1073

HRE declared a Holy War for Pomerania.

10th of September, 1073

"A white hart have been seen in the north of Orbetello. I am told it is a hart of ten and the biggest deer ever seen."

I find no joy in killing such a proud animal. Gunhilda's opinion of Duke Lothar-Udo II (a courtier of mine) -10, +25 Piety.

27th of September, 1073

"The sighthounds thirsted for blood this gentle afternoon and they brought us many hares."

(Only option) This is a fine sport: Gain "Master Hunter" until 29th of Mark, 1074: +0.10 Prestige monthly and +1 Martial.

1st of October, 1073

The Grand Hunt is over. Gain 10 Prestige.

And I see a few thousand pagans headed right at me. Good job waiting a few weeks to raise your levies emperor....

22nd of January, 1074

"There are just too many sinners at court."

Keep quiet. 10% chance to gain "Stressed" (the other option damaged my opinion with my wife and something else - "Duchess Oda is utterly embarassed" whatever that means. Doesn't fire.

2nd of February, 1074

Duke Lothat-Udo falls ill.

14th of March, 1074

The fever is gone. In other good news, the approaching army of the HRE scared off the pagans.

19th of May, 1074

The army of the HRE is taking a county, the army of Sweden just lost to the pagans. Now, the pagans are headed back to Brandenburg and the HRE are not lifting the siege to fight them.

23rd of June, 1074

My wife is pregnant.

27th of July, 1074

The army of Hungary is large enough to fight off the pagans, but they are too interested in taking another county.

1st of January, 1075

After the main army of the HRE takes a county, they turn back and scare off the pagans again.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:19 PM   #5
sabotai
General Manager

6th of January, 1075

The barons are again demanding hunting rights on church lands. I again tell them to back off. Mayor Lucjan of Jüterborg now has a negative opinion of me. He's 32 and has no wife or child, so the succession of the city in unknown. I don't have to worry about his children taking the city right now so he can go and pout all he wants.

24th of January, 1075

A son, Siegfried, is born. 3 sons with not many titles to go around.

1st of April, 1075

The war has ended between the HRE and the pagans. The Holy Roman Empire has taken the county of Stettin.

In other new, Duke Vratislav II of Bohemia invited me to a plot to lower crown authority. I decline.

27th of April, 1075

I have been invited to a Grand Tournament by Kaiser Heinrich the IV. I accept gaining me 50 Prestige.

Now that I am 50 years old, I decide to send my not so good Chancellor to Stettin to fabricate claims. If he fails, I'm going to die soon anyway. If he succeeds, I get a claim and I might be able to ask Heinrich to hand it over. If he declines....I'm dead soon anyway.

20th of June, 1075

I order the construction of a Castle Village in the Barony of Brandenburg. 100 Gold, Tax Income: +1.5. 246 days to construct.

25th of August, 1075

The tournament ends and I was vanquished in the early rounds. -100 Prestige.

27th of October, 1075

Duke Vratislav of Bohemia is now King Vratislav of Bohemia as Bohemia becomes an officially recognized kingdom.

21st of December, 1075

I change my Marshal's job to researching military tech in Brandenburg.

9th of September, 1076

My wife is constantly bored and keeps talking about the new fashion she has heard about. She wants me to introduce it at court.

My money is your money, darling - I gain "Charitable" - Diplomacy + 3.

19th of December, 1076

Looks like someone has been fabricating claims in my lands...Count Adalbert of Plauen, just south of Anhalt.

26th of December, 1076

Count Adalbert of Plauen has used his claim. Duke Otto I of Meissen is his liege. War might be coming soon...

18th of December, 1077

"I don't think it was meant to hurt me, but the critism still stung harder than it should have."

I'll turn the other cheek - 45% Chance to gain "Patient". Does not fire.

28th of July, 1078

I order the construction of a Militia Training Ground in the Barony of Brandenburg. +80 Light Infantry, +10 Archers. 100 Gold.

5th of August, 1079

My wife is pregnant.

2nd of September, 1079

17 year old Count Friedrich of Altmerk (son of the Count by the same name) becomes my Stweward. He collects taxes in Brandenburg (until I build up enough gold to order a new construction). He's rated 14, 1 better than my previous Steward.

In other news, I arrange a betrothal between my 14 year old homosexual daughter with the Kaiser's 10 year old son and heir to the HRE.

18th of September, 1079

My 9 year old daughter Benedicta dies from pneumonia.

21st of December, 1079

A group of Hedge Knights have come to vist Brandenburg.

Welcome them reluctantly (I wanted another option but accidentally clicked this one...). +1 Prestige, lose 1.74 gold.

13th of January, 1080

The Hedge Knights have participated in a minor tournament with out knights in Orbetello. One of the landless vagabonds have been severely injured.

Allow them to stay at the castle while he recovers - Lose 5 Prestige, Gain 5 Piety, Gain "Just" trait (+2 Stewardship, +1 Learning)

6th of March, 1080

A son, Anselm, is born.

2nd of January, 1081

Adelheid Staden is now of legal age. She has become a Charismatic Negotiator. (-1 Martial, +1 Intrigue, +6 Diplomacy, +1 Learning, +5% Fertility)

Her stats: 15 Diplomacy (D), 2 Martial (M), 8 Stewardship (S), 9 Intrigue (I), 10 Learning (L)

Heinrich Staden is now of legal age. He has become a Naive Appeaser (-1 Martial, +1 Diplomacy.)

His stats: 14 D, 5 M, 4 S, 5 I, 5 L

I also arrange a marriage between Heinrich Staden and Oda von Weimer, daughter of the Duke of Meissen. This results in an alliance. She's not that great with stats and traits, but there's not many quality eligible women right now. And I could use an alliance. Heinrich gains 2 Prestige for marrying a member of House von Weimer.

11th of January, 1081

Heinrich and Oda are married. We collect 18.09 Gold.

15th of January, 1081

My son, Heinrich, says he'd be a better Chancellor than my current Chancellor, Hartwig von Havelberg. Quite right. Heinrich Staden is now my Chancellor.

He's off to fabricate claims in Stettin.

8th of June, 1081

I order the construction of Guard Quarters in the Barony of Brandenburg. 100 Gold (it'd be nice the Steward overseeing construction reduced the cost as well....). 228 days. +30 Heavy Infantry, +15 Pikemen

17th of July, 1081

My son Heinrich wants a fief of his own. I told him he is not ready. (I'll be dead soon enough)

19th of July, 1081

I decide to hold a summer fair. -8.31 Gold, +0.05 Prestige for 2 months (so, 0.1 Prestige)

10th of September, 1081

An errant monk is disturbing the Summer Fair by preaching about sins and the end of the world. His drivel is frightening some, but most of the crowd around him is mocking and laughing at him.

He's just another part of the entertainment - -5.00 Piety

I had invited a monkey trainer to the Summer Fair and the performance went well until one of the monkeys refused to ride on top of a pig. The trainer beat the monkey with a stick which led the other monkeys to attack the trainer, biting him and hitting him with his own stick.

Serves him right! - Count Friedrick's opinion of Duke Lothar-Udo II: +15.

22nd of September, 1081

The peddlers are loading their wares and the merchants are taking down their stalls. The jugglers, strolling players and the other entertainers are preparing to leave. The Summer Fair is over for this year.

It was great fun while it lasted. +15 Prestige

13th of November, 1081

Duke Lothar-Udo II of Brandenburg dies are at the age of 56. He ruled as Duke of Brandenburg from November 7th, 1057 to November 13th, 1081.

The Duchy and County of Brandenburg pass to his son, Heinrich (I now play as him).

The County of Anhalt passes to his 9 year old son, Lothar-Udo.

The Barony of Stade passes to his 1 year old son, Anselm.

His 6 year old Siegfried got nothing (he is the first heir to the Barony of Stade)
Old 02-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
sabotai
General Manager

14th of November, 1081

Duke Heinrich's ambition set to "Have a Son".

8th of December, 1081

Steward Duke Friedrich of Altmerk is assigned to collect taxes in Brandenburg.

1st of January, 1082

With the Barony of Stade and County of Anhalt no longer directly in the Duke's control, my tax income has taken a big hit. I'm only collecting 0.49 per month and at this rate, will take forever to build up money.

I change Feudal Taxation to Small. It gives me 10% of my vassal's income, and I take a -10 opinion hit.

9th of February, 1082

The lords above the new tax law. That increase my income to +1.27. Not great, but it's much better now.

14th of April, 1082

With Heinrich now ruling, Hartwig von Havelberg has once again become Chancellor. He's rated 11 and not good enough for me to park in one the Kaiser's counties to fabricate claims. Don't want to piss him off. I send him to neighboring Lübeck, an independent county to fabricate claims. Because really, who cares if he gets made.

12th of July, 1082

Looking around the world a bit, The Kingdom of Hungary is breaking apart. The duchies of Pest, Transylvania, Ungvar and Nyitra have all declared independence over the last few years. Hungary doesn't look to be doing a good job and pulling them back in and this may be the end of Hungary for awhile.

4th of August, 1082

Part of the reason for the breakdown of Hungary was a long war with neighboring Turov. Hungary has just won that war, taking a good chunk of land. Now that the war is over to the northwast, they may just put their vassals back in line.

7th of September, 1082

My wife is pregnant.

18th of October, 1082

There has been a surge of rebels appearing. I decide to park my Marshal in Altmerk (3% revolt risk) to suppress revolts. I think part of the reason is because the HRE was involved in Hungary's war in Turov and many levies had been called away for a long time.

23rd of November, 1082

"The virtue of patience teaches us about endurance trough moderation. By moderation is out life, health will improve."

Eat less food. - Heinrich I +0.25 Health

7th of December, 1082

King Vratislav I of Bohemia wants to marry my mother. If it came with an alliance, I would. But since it doesn't, will not happen. In fact, looking at the options, there is no chance of alliances by marrying her off. So a 32 year old widow she will stay.

9th of April, 1083

Heinrich I's new ambition is to have a daughter.

26th of April, 1083

My mother is concerned that she is still not married.

And here I was hoping she'd take the vows... - Oda storms out of the room.

18th of June, 1083

"The church wants to organize a Miracle play for the local saint in our demesne. They seem to feel that it should fall on our shoulders to pay for it."

It is for the glory of God! - Lose 3.93 gold, +10 Piety.

17th of July, 1083

I send a proposal to betroth my newly born son to the 6 year old daughter of Kaiser Heinrich. He accepts. At six years old, she has the trait of "Genius".

7th of July 1084

My wife is pregnant.

24th of August, 1084

"The cook has prepared a fine meal, but the priest preached about temperance..."

I satisfy my hunger with bread and water. - 45% Chance to gain "Temperate". It fires. "Temperate" gives a +2 to Stewardship.

6th of October, 1084

Mayor Lucjan has a -2 opinion of me and it's causing a slight decrease in tax revenue from him. Since awarding honorary titles don't cost me anything, I name him High Almoner and his opinion is now 8.

1st of January, 1085

In other kingdom's breaking up news, Aquitaine is trying to gain its independence from France. Since the Duke of Aquitaine is also the Duke of Gescogne and the Duke of Poitou, not counting the oversees holdings in Africa and Sardinia, Aquitaine is about half the since of France and is so far winning.

8th of February, 1085

A son, Ernst, is born.

13th of February, 1085

The HRE has taken over Prussia to the north east.

18th of March, 1085

Kaiser Heinrich hands over the Duchy of Pomerania to the 2 year old Duke of Ancona (all the way in Italy). Really?

22nd of March, 1085

Duke Heinrich I has improved his Martial skill while leading troops in battle (for the HRE). +1 to Martial.

27th of March, 1085

My sister, Adelheid, can now marry Prince Heinrich of House Salian. She gets +16 Prestige for marrying into House Salian and +40 for marrying the son of a Kaiser.

11th of November, 1085

I decide to hold a Feast. -3.99 Gold, Monthly Prestige +0.05 per month of 1 year.

1st of December, 1085

"The fire blasted right past my face and I felt how my hair started to curl away from the fire. The fire-eater had been a bit too careless for taste, but his troop and he was clearly greatly skilled."

The guests would be impressed if they entertained at my feast: Lose 2.99 gold

11th of December, 1085

"The best part about preparing a feast is deciding what foodstuff to serve. I must purchase venison, boar and duck, spices, wine and ale, honey for the desserts, cheeses and perhaps even a swan or a peacock."

I will spend lavishly on food: Lose 2.99 Gold

17th of December, 1085

All of the guests have been invited to the feast.

15th of January, 1086

"The guests have finally arrived! All is ready, the cooks have worked day and night preparing the food, and the castle has never looked lovlier."

All of the guests are greeted by Duke Heinrich I

17th of January, 1086

"Count Friedrich spoke up and told everyone how great the food at my feast was...."

Duke Heinrich I's opinion of Count Friedrich: +25

4th of February, 1086

"I started talking to one of my guests at the feast and found them most interesting...."

Baron Anselm's opinion of Duke Heinrich I: +30

"The last of the guests have returned home and everyone agreed it was this year's greatest feast."

+20 Prestige

9th of July, 1068

My wife is pregnant.

7th of August, 1086

I order the construction of a Small Stable in Brandenburg. Since I won't have the money to build another construction for awhile, and there's no hurry for the stable, I just leave my Steward collecting taxes.

Small Stable: 100 Gold, +45 Light Cavalry

10th of February, 1087

A daughter, Oda, is born

Duke Heinrich I's new ambition is to become Chancellor for the Holy Roman Empire.

25th of May, 1087

Leopold von Hoya is the new Marshal. He is terrible but I have no options.

27th of June, 1087

My Steward did a poor job collecting taxes and now my peasants are pissed. +10% revolt risk and both Bishop Gottfried's and Mayor Lucjan's opinion of me change by -10.

21st of July, 1087

Stefan von Magdeburg shows up in my court and claims he'd be a better Marshal. He sure would, he's rated 12 (Leopold was a 4)

1st of August, 1087

A revolt breaks out in Brandenburg. and the HRE have raised levies for various wars and during times of peace, so I'm very low on raisable levies. I guess I just sit here and wait for the HRE to come save me.

18th of December, 1087

My new Marshal is gone. Wasn't told what happened to him so Leopold the Wimp is back in as Marshal.

10th of April, 1088

the army of the Holy Roman Empire shows up and crushes the revolt. Thanks....now give me my levies back!

8th of June, 1088

The Kingdom of Hungary is whole once more. The war in France seems to be turning France's way.

5th of April, 1089

Duke Heinrich I falls ill.

4th of June, 1089

The fever is gone.

21st of September, 1089

I order construction on a Low Stone Wall (upgrade to the Wooden Palisade) in the Barony of Brandenburg. 50 Gold, 547 days, +2.5% Levy size, +0.20 Income, +0.5 Fort Level. I do the same for the City of Jüterborg.

3 of January, 1090

"It is as if I see Oda for the first time...."

Embrace the love I feel for Oda. +5 Piety

8th of January, 1090

Ludwig von Havelberg, son of my Chancellor Hartwig von Havelberg, just turned 16 and wants to be my Marshal. While he'd be a better one than my current one (6 vs. 4 in Martial), he'd make a far better Chancellor (17 vs. 10). Time for you to retire Hartwig, I have a new Chancellor.

Actually, Hartwig has a 7 Marshal skill. Welcome back from retirement Hartwig.

13th of march, 1090

I just noticed that the war between France and Aquitaine is over. Aquitaine is independent.

Northumberland is also now independent from England. Just like with Aquitaine, the Duke of Northumberland had a few other duchies (Lancaster, York, Hereford), and he was larger than England when he broke off. Scotland has also lost a few counties.

25th of August, 1090

My wife is pregnant.

3rd of January, 1091

Duke Heinrich I suddenly dies on the field of battle during the latest HRE war for pagan lands in the north east. He ruled the Duchy of Brandenburg for just over 9 years, from November 13th, 1081 until January 3rd, 1091. He was 26 years old.

The Duchy and County of Brandenburg is now ruled by 7 year old Duke Lothar-Udo III.

4th of January, 1091

Duke Lothar-Udo III's mother, Oda von Weimar, is named Regent. My vassals are not very happy. I will have to break my emergency fund and hald out gifts and honorary titles to get them back in the positive opinion.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
sabotai
General Manager

4th of January, 1091

I give the title of Cupbearer to my Uncle, Count Lothar-Udo of Anhalt. +15 (making his opinion -20). I also send him a gift of 23.1 Gold. Bring his opinion up to 0.

I give the title of Master of the Horse to Count Friedrich of Altmark. +10 (making his opinion -19). I also give him a gift of 27.8 Gold to bring his opinion up to 1.

My 10 year old uncle gets a gift of 20.0 Gold, bring his opinion up to 0.

I think that about does it for now. All of my vassals are at 0 or 1 opinion now...

My gold is now at 71. (Hopefully) I have plenty of time to build my reserve back up.

24th of January, 2091

My uncle, Siegfried Staden, is now of legal age. He is a Fortune Builder. (+1 Martial, -1 Diplomacy, +6 Stewardship, +1 Learning, +10% Fertility).

25th of January, 1091

King Vratislav I of Bohemia wants to marry my mother. Right now she's my Regent and educator, so no.

8th of February, 1091

I marry my uncle, Siegfried Staden, to an Ethiopian of House Solomonid named Jazarah.

26th of March, 1091

My sister, Adela, is born.

31st of October, 1091

"Sometimes, people get upset by my honest opinions. 'Yes, you look fat'. 'You have a big nose.' It's just the truth"

Duke Lothar-Udo III gains "Honest": -2 Intrigue, +3 Diplomacy

5th of November, 1091

Hartwig von Havelberg dies at the age of 61. My new Marshal is....*sigh*....Leopold...

10th of April, 1092

Bishop Gottfried of Havelberg dies at the age of 58. My uncle, Siegfried Staden, is now my Court Chaplain.

28th of June, 1092

A son is born to Siegfried Staden and Jazarah Solomonid. Ehrenfried Staden, he inherits the German culture and the physical traits of his mother.

10th of July, 1092

Money has disappeared from my treasury. Looks like Regent, Ludwig von Havelberg, took some for himself....

I just realized I did not update something. I married my mother off to one of my father's brothers. Got to keep it in the family! So my mother is no longer Regent and Ludwig was assigned that role.

29th of September, 1092

Pope Alexander II has declared a crusade against Jaffa.

11th of January, 1093

My uncle, Siegfried Staden, has embraced the Waldensian heresy.....Arrest him! My new Court Chaplain is Bishop Simon of Havelberg.

Shortly after his arrest, I am merciful and release him. Mainly because it improves the opinion of my vassals.

23rd of January, 1093

My uncle Siegfried Staden has given into my demand that he convert to the Catholic faith.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
sabotai
General Manager

5th of November, 1093

I order the construction of a Small Church Wall (upgrade to Church Palisade). 50 Gold, +2.5% Levy, +0.20 Income, +0.5 Fort Level.

2nd of December, 1093

"I hate Latin, I hate History and I won't do my homework!"

Duke Lothar-Udo III gains "Slothful", -1 to all attributes

20th of December, 1093

Gotzelo von Havelberg, my Spymaster, dies at the age of 59. Mayor Andreas of Jüterborg (House von Oranienburg - he's the only member) is appointed as Spymaster (rated: 9)

3rd of January, 1094

"I find religion fascinating, especially when the priests talk of heathens and infidels, and how they shall be struck down."

Duke Lothar-Udo III gains "Zealous", +1 Monthly Piety, +2 Martial.

6th of January, 1094

"I was reading The Bible when my guardian took it away, telling me to ease off and go outside and play"

Duke Lothar-Udo III loses "Zealous"

10th of January, 1094

I order the construction of a Castle Town (Upgrade to Castle Village). 120 Gold, +2 to Tax Income.

16th of March, 1094

Mayor Andreas of Jüterborg has asked me to lower the city taxes. I need to keep people happy right now so I agree. I get a +40 to Andreas' opinion of me, but I now City Taxes are at minimum.

5th of November, 1094

"Steward Count Friedrich probably did not think I'd notice if a few coins here and there went missing, but the steady disappearance made me suspicious. Might it be that the gold is disappearing into Count Friedrich's greedy fingers?"

I question him....

"I found some more evidence Steward Count Friedrich had stolen the money and confronted him with it. He confessed and begged me to be just when punishing him."

You shall pay back the money you stole, Count Friedrich. +137.69 Gold. Count Friedrich's opinion: -20

I take the money and order the construction of a Town market in the City of Jüterborg. 100 Gold, +2.50 Tax Income

6th of February, 1095

"My friends dream of riches, power and fancy things, but I don't even wanna grow up!"

Duke Lothar-Udo III becomes "Content", -1 Intrigue, +0.5 Piety per month

24th of June, 1095

My Spymaster has uncovered a plot by my uncle, Count Lothar-Udo of Anhalt, to aquire the Duchy of Brandenburg. I go to arrest him and he escapes. Anhalt is now in revolt.

25th of August, 1095

My armies defeated my uncle's in Anhalt. He now flees to Brandenburg and I follow.

27th of October, 1095

After a few battles, my uncle's army is wiped out in the count of Altmark at the Battle of Halberstedt. I march back to Anhalt to begin siege.

1st of January, 1096

I have to reach into my treasury and hire a band of mercenaries. My 188 troops will not successfully take the county. I hire the Swiss Band. 1500 troops, 75 Gold upfront, 6.75 per month

My uncle will pay for this....

30th of June, 1096

The Kaiser wants Medium Crown Authority. I approve.

9th of September, 1096

Zebst, capital of Anhalt, falls.

18th of September, 1096

My uncle surrenders. He loses 200 Prestige and is imprisoned. I gain 50 Prestige.

I revoke his title as Count of Anhalt. He hates me, but the rest of my vassals don't care.

20th of October, 1096

My mother, Oda von Weimar, is back in my court. My uncle will rot in prison forever.

21st of November, 1096

My uncle is complaining about the cell he's in.

Let him rot.

2nd of March, 1097

Gebhard von Querfurt becomes my new Marshal. (Rated: 10)

17th of June, 1098

My Chancellor has fabricated a claim in Lübeck. It will cost me 31.88 gold and 100 Prestige. Do it!

I send him to Holstein to fabricate claims.

I'm now down to 37 Gold. Damn you uncle....

In order to regain some gold, I decide to Banish my uncle. 89.8 Gold will be seized.

He ended up in the far off French county of Perigord, and my treasury is back up to 127.

I declare war on Lübeck. I hire the Swiss Band again.

12th of September 1098

My army, without the Swiss band, is defeated. They can raise more levies than me and refill much faster due to them not being a part of the HRE. Thanks Kaiser...

The Swiss Band will be there shortly to squash their army.

17th of November, 1098

After getting badly beaten by The Swiss Band, my main army is able to run them down while The Swiss Band lays siege in Lübeck.

I finally finish them off on this day and take Count Budivoj of Lübeck prisoner. He immediately accepts terms of surrender. The County of Lübeck is mine.

It'll be awhile before I see a sizable return from the county. The recently conquered tags really drop the tax income (2.2 / 25.4). Levies are at 0 / 250. Tech advances 0 / 0 /0. And those tags don't expire for awhile (5 years for one of them, 20 years for the "different culture" one).

In time, it'll be a nice holding. It's capital is the Barony of Travemünde, it has the Bishopric of Ratzburg, City of Starigard and the potential for 3 more holdings.

3rd of December, 1098

+10 Revolt Risk in Brandenburg since my Steward screwed up in collecting taxes.

I switch my Marshal over to suppress revolts and now the risk is 2%.

26th of December, 1098

I arrange a betrothal between my sister, Adela, and the son of Count Freidrich of Altmerk. (See if down the line, I can get some kind of claim on it)

9th of April, 1099

The regency is finally over. Duke Lothar-Udo III of Brandenburg reaches the age of 16 and becomes an Intricate Webweaver. (+1 Martial, +6 Intrigue, +1 Dipl., -1 Stewardship).

18th of April, 1099

Duke Lothar-Udo III and Princess Ute Salian, daughter of Kaiser Heinrich the Gentle (died a few years ago) and sister of the current Kaiser, are now married. +16.03 Gold.

Kaiser Heinrich V, my brother-in-law, is married to my aunt, Adelheid.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:58 PM   #9
sabotai
General Manager

23rd of May, 1099

My Steward was attacked by peasants while collecting taxes. Lose 10 Prestige.

24th of May, 1099

I look to see if there'd be a better option for Steward, and there is. My uncle Anselm is rated 20 (vs. 14 for the current Steward who has a negative opinion of me). Baron Anselm of Stade becomes me new Steward. I have him research tech in my capital. Haven't had good luck with the events for collecting taxes lately.

16th of July, 1099

I send my Chancellor to Lüneburg to Sow Dissent. Duke Magnus I, the son of Duke Ordulf I, is the current Duke. I have not forgotten that war, and I don't like sitting next to a Duke with 3 Duchies (Brunswick, Saxony and Gelre).

9th of August, 1099

My spymaster uncovered a plot. Jazarah Solomid, wife of Siegfried Staden, seeks to kill me!

She is now in prison.

1st of December, 1099

My spymaster discovered a plot. Count Friedrich of Almark seeks to acquire the County of Lübeck.

He is now in my prison (and that dude hated me).

Here's a few things I'd like to do. I could revoke his title, but that would make my other vassals mad. I'd like to be able to tell him to abdicate his title to his heir, or force him to give up his claim on the County of Lübeck, but I can't. So, in my prison he stays.

13th of February, 1100

Well, Count Friedrich did not last long my prison. He dies and passes on the County of Almark to his 3 year old son. His claim on the Duchy of Lübeck was not inherited.

29th of September, 1100

Pope Alexander II has died. Constantine II is now Pope.

7th of December, 1100

"If there is a God, why is the world filled with hardship, grief and heretics?"

God has a plan for everything and everyone: 45% gain "Zealous". It fires. +1 Monthly Piety, +2 Martial.

8th of February, 1101

My brother and current heir, Ernst Staden, is now of legal age. He became a Charismatic Negotiator. -1 Martial, +1 Intrigue, +6 Diplomacy, +1 Learning, +5% Fertility.

16th of February, 1101

I arranged a marriage between Ernst and Verdana of House Sucib. She is Croatian.

+19.25 Gold

That puts me at 127 gold. Finally built my emergency fund back and and can start planning county improvements again.

3rd of April, 1101

I make Ernst my Marshal 9he was rated 1 better). He's researching tech.

13th of July, 1101

The HRE now has Medium Crown Authority. I need them to get to High Crown Authority for me to change the law in my Duchy to Primogeniture.

23rd of August, 1101

Ernst wants land of his own. I guess I should....I give him the County of Anhalt.

4th of September, 1101

I make my wife Ute my Spymaster. She's rated 5 more than my current one. I have her uncovering plots.

I am mildly concerned about not having children yet....

9th of March, 1102

Jazarah Solomonid dies in my prison at age 33.

1st of May, 1102

"Chancellor Ludwig is doing a super job! I am having trouble with a town and a castle in Brandenburg and I shall of course send my Chancellor Ludiwg to try and increase the relation between them and us, but which one should I start with?"

The castle: Castle Opinion +25 until 7th of July, 1103

10th of February, 1103

Oda Staden, my sister, is now of legal age. She became a Grey Eminence. -1 Martial, +2 Intrigue, +9 Diplomacy, +2 Learning, +10% fertility. She is betrothed to Duke Ugo II of Lombardia. Off she goes.

That gets me an alliance with the Duke of Lombardia

14th of November, 1104

I send my Chancellor to Werle to fabricate claims.

21st of March, 1105

A Grand Tournament has been called for. I attend. +50 Prestige

28th of April, 1105

I order the construction of an Archery Range (upgrade to Militia Training Ground). +20 Light Infantry, +90 Archers

12th of May, 1105

"My zeal and religious beliefs have led me to become more respected and given me more prestige."

+15 Prestige

18th of July, 1105

"The Tournament ends and I have shown time and time again that my glory in arms, even if I did not win I still covered myself in glory."

+100 Prestige

29th of September, 1105

I appoint Leszek, Bishop of Ratzeburg, as my Court Chaplain (he's 15 while my current chaplain is 10)

17th of October, 1105

"Jesters, minstrels, acrobats and dancers, all have gathered to perform at the festival. Inviting noises, tempting scents and alluring sights tries to lure people to various stands, performers and tents."

A festival? Nobody told me!: Gain "Gregarious". +2 Diplomacy.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #10
sabotai
General Manager

26th of May, 1106

The Pope has called for a crusade against Archa.

24th of November, 1106

My Chancellor has created a claim in Werle for me. I use it. Cost 29.98 Gold, 100 Prestige, -25 Opinion from Kaiser Heinrich, and I get a claim on the County of Werle.

26th of March, 1107

Adela Staden is now of legal age. She became a Mastermind Theologian. -1 Intrigue, +2 Diplo, +2 Steward, +9 Learning, -5% Fertility

She has great stats. 16 Diplo, 16 Martial, 12 Steward, 12 Intrigue and 22 Learning.

Even though she is betrothed to the Count of Almark, I decide to revoke Count Friedrich's title. Most of my vassals have a high opinion of me and now is the time to make sure that County is in the hands of a Staden.

20th of March, 1107

The County of Altmerk is in revolt.

29th of May, 1107

I take Bohdan of Halberstedt prisoner.

13th of June, 1107

My Court Chaplain has coverted to the Lollard religion. I arrest him.

Simon of Havelberg is now my Court Chaplain.

1st of July, 1107

My wife is (finally) pregnant.

12th of January, 1108

Count Friedrich accepts terms of his surrender. He loses 200 Prestige, I gain 50 Prestige and Count Friedrich is imprisoned. I then revoke his title.

2nd of February, 1108

17th of May, 1108

I release Bohdan of Halberstedt to gain favor with my vassals.

28th of June, 1108

Ehrenfried Staden (my Croatian cousin) is now of legal age. He became a Scholarly Theologian. -1 Intrigue, +1 Diplo, +1 Steward, +6 Learning, -5% Fertility

23rd of October, 1108

I make Ehrenfried Staden my Court Chaplain.

9th of March, 1109

I build a Small barrack (upgrade to Guard Quarters) in the Barony of Brandenburg. +40 Heavy Infantry, +15 Pikemen

23rd of September, 1109

My current Chancellor, Ludwig von Havelberg, replaced his father when he was young. Now, Ludwig's son replaces him (he's rate 4 better). Hartwig von Havelberg becomes my new Chancellor at the age of 16 (Diplo: 24)

I send Ludwig a severance package of 20 gold to calm his anger over being fired.

17th of October, 1110

"I crave solitude, I no longer seek the company of others."

Lose "Gregarious" trait

4th of March, 1111

My wife is pregnant.

3rd of October, 1111

A daughter, Gertrud, is born.

5th of January, 1112

I am starting to think one of my courtiers fancies me.

It's not appropriate. +10 Piety.

17th of May, 1112

Here's something. King Vratislav I of Bohemia is still alive. He started the game as Duke of Bohemia. He's now 80 years old, 3 of his 7 children have died as has all 4 of his siblings.

15th of July, 1112

Wife is pregnant again.

7th of August, 1112

Count Ernst of Anhalt (my brother) gains the trait "Maimed" after some trouble with some peasants.

4th of December, 1112

I build a Medium Stable in Brandenburg. +55 Light Cavalry

7th of December, 1112

"A book without a title was pushed into my hands...."

Hey....wait!: Gain 20 Piety. Intense study of the book will follow.

17th of December, 1112

"The 'secret' within the book still eluded me after several weeks of intense study..."

Gain the trait "Scholar": +2 Learning
Old 02-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #11
sabotai
General Manager

28th of January, 1113

The Knights of St. John are formed.

16th of February, 1113

A son, Max, is born. The County of Lübeck will pass to him.

14th of February, 1114

My wife is pregnant.

10th of April, 1114

With the Medium Stable built in Brandenburg, the county now has a Max Levy of 1,000 (I can call 577)

16th of September, 1114

My wife gives birth to twins. A son, Herbert, and a daughter, Adala.

The County of Altmerk will go to Herbert.

27th of August, 1115

"The coldblooded destrier and the warmblooded charger ambled towards each other, their riders preparing to crush their lances against each other. I watched the destrier crash to the ground with its rider crushed beneath him."

Let my doctor see him. Gain "Charitable". +3 Diplo.

31st of May, 1116

Build a Monastic School in the Bishopric of Havelberg. That will increase tech growth rate by 10%.

27th of September, 1116

"My wife Ute was captivated by the grace and strength of the hunting birds and begged me for a bird."

A falcon would serve you well. -10 Gold, +35 Ute Opinion of me.

27th of November, 1117

The Pope has called for a crusade against Alexandretta.

10th of February, 1118

The Knights Templar are formed.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #12
sabotai
General Manager

30th of May, 1118

Order the construction of a Shallow Castle Moat in Brandenburg (+0.5 to Fort Level).

1st of August, 1118

Cecile von Müncheberg was organizing a plot to kill my wife! I tried to imprison her, but she got away.

4th of August, 1118

I make Ehrenfried Staden (my cousin) my Court Chaplain.

1st of October, 1118

A revolt breaks out in Lübeck.

1st of November, 1118

My brother, Count Ernst of Anhalt, dies at 33. His 11 year old son, Baldemar, takes over the county.

19th of November, 1118

The revolt was crushed.

I also noticed that King Vratlislav I of Bohemia finally kicked it on June 13th, 1117. He was 85 years old. His successor, King Borivoj I of Bohemia, just took the county of Opole from Poland.

21st of January, 1120

Duke Lothar-Udo III becomes Syphilitic. (Oops).

20th of March, 1120

Upgrade the Low Stone Wall to a Medium Stone Wall. +5% Levy Size, +0.4 Tax Income, +1.0 Fort Level.

21st of November, 1120

Duke Lothar-Udo III dies at the age of 37. He ruled the Duchy of Brandenburg from January 3rd, 1091 (age: 7) until November 21st, 1120.

The Duchy (and County) of Brandenburg passes to his son, Lothar-Udo IV who is currently 12 years old. His mother, Princess Ute, is regent.

The County of Altmark passes to 6 year old Herbert Staden (now Count Herbet of Altmark).

The County of Lübeck passes to 7 year old Max Staden (now Count Max of Lübeck).

The four counties of Brandenburg are all ruled by children right now. Count Max of Lübeck is currently the heir.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #13
Grover
Pro Starter

This is awesome!

I've got the game, but really don't quite understand the ins and outs of it yet.

Really looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #14
sabotai
General Manager

Thanks for reading. I have to admit, I'm still trying to figure out quite a lot myself.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #15
sabotai
General Manager

21st of November, 1120

Duke Lothar-Udo IV of Brandenburg takes control.

He is betrothed to Katharina Billung, daughter of the current Duke of Saxony, Brunswick and Gelre. He has 3 sons, so it'll take some effort to get the line of succession to fall to her. Now that the HRE has Medium Crown Authority, there is no warring between dukes for claims. I've been trying to arrange marriages in a way that brings me more territory, but I don't really have a clue on how to do that. Just looking for females on the list of succession and hoping the chips fall in place.

2nd of February, 1124

The regency ends as Duke Lothar-Udo IV comes of age. He is a Thrift Clerk. -1 Diplo, +3 Steward, +5% Fertility.

25th of February, 1124

The population of Brandenburg have finally embraced the German culture.

1st of May, 1124

Poland has been fighting a decade long war against Silesia and Greater Poland. Both declared independence, and neither side is willing to give up.

5th of November, 1124

I become Steward for the Holy Roman Empire.

28th of December, 1124

"My liege, during my stay in Orbetello I have found a great philosopher who has agreed to help me with my studies to enhance culture in the province. With you permission I would suggest that we employ him."

Of course! -12.95 Gold, Noble Customs +1 in Brandenburg.

13th of August, 1125

The Emperor wants to institute High Crown Authority. I approve. When it becomes law, I'll be able to change succession to Primogenture (when the rest of the conditions are met).

27th of July, 1126

Upgrade Shallow Castle Moat to Arrow Slits. 50 Gold, +0.5 Fort Level.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
sabotai
General Manager

28th of June, 1127

Upgrade Arrow Slits to Portcullis in Brandenburg. +0.5 Fort Level, 50 Gold

3rd of October, 1127

My sister, Gertrud Staden, becomes of age. I marry her off to Duke Otto III of Bavaria which results in an alliance.

16th of January, 1128

I build a City Guard Quarters in Jüterberg. +45 Pikemen.

I messed up somewhere. I have found myself in a way for Ascalon which is held by the Shia Caliphate. I must have been poking around and clicked on the wrong button. Now I'm in a war in which the only way I get out of is to Surrender and give up tons of Piety and Prestige. A few other nations seem to be fighting for it too so I'll just sit back and see what happens.

21st of April, 1128

I set City Taxation to Normal.

11th of October, 1128

A long war between Greater Poland + Silesia vs. Poland finally comes to an end. Poland outlasted them and brought them back into the fold.

23rd of July, 1129

The Kingdom of Bohemia has declared independence after the Emperor revoked a county from them. The Bohemian kingdom is also following a Cathlic Heresy religion, so I declare Holy War for the Duchy of Bohemia to see if I can grab it.

I raise my levies (which isn't much thanks to the HRE raising a bunch) and hire The Bulgarian Band.

21st of April, 1130

My "war" against Caliph Badr I ends automatically. I lose 150 Piety and 200 Prestige......guess I better be more careful....

16th of September, 1130

Bohemia loses it's war of independence which automatically ends my holy war. Oh well.

13th of October, 1130

A courier has come to invite me to a grand tournament.

A chance to prove my worth. +50 Prestige.

10th of February, 1131

The Tournament ends and although I may not have won any of the melee events, my prowess did not go unnoticed.

+100 Prestige.

14th of July, 1131

A young talented artist from Orbetello proposes to paint an iconic portrait of Duke Lothar-Udo III of Brandenburg.

The will be grand in the main hall. -4.46 Gold, +25 Prestige.