Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > WOOF Alternate Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-23-2006, 03:33 PM   #1
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

Preferences draft question

I have never done a preferences draft before and have a question. I understand how the sliders work. If I emphasise one position it will cost me something at another position. Same if I prefer to draft starters I will end up with very little depth.

But what about the two sliders in the bottom (loyalty and Fan popularity). What is the backside of those two? Why don’t I want all my players to be loyal and popular? What would be the back-side to setting the sliders like this?

Old 11-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #2
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I haven't fooled with those settings much, but my assumption is that they'd cause a team to value loyal and popular players a little more highly. So, for example, maybe a 45/45 player with 90 ratings in loyalty and popularity would get picked over a 50/50 player with mediocre numbers in those categories.
Old 11-24-2006, 01:07 AM   #3
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

That's my read of it as well. But it's very hard to test something like that because of the innate randomness of the preference draft. I think Reserves-Starters is very interesting as well as it might not quite be what people have in mind. Logically speaking (as you only get one pick a round) having Starters maxed out will mean that the AI tries to fill every position in the team first before looking at the back-ups while having reserves maxed out should mean that the AI will take the best available player (within the guidelines of the rest of your settings) regardless of whether it has already drafted in that position. So I don't know if it will make a difference to "depth" per sé, rather to the make up of the team. (Maxed reserves = bigger risk of having holes in the roster but also a greater chance of getting trade bait). This is conjecture on my part but I think my interpretation is logical.

Last edited by Narcizo : 11-24-2006 at 01:07 AM.