Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #101
Groundhog
Coordinator

Not sure what everyone else's experiences are, but I've found that every patch released has significantly changed my gameplay experience this year, and I've been progressively decreasing some of the advantages I'd given the CPU sliders - in particular run blocking. After the 2nd most recent patch I was getting absolutely scorched on the ground despite having a solid defensive line and the best linebacker corps in the league, and I've had to drop the CPU run blocking slider to 55 to give me what I consider more realistic results - get beat by good HBs, shut down weaker ones.

It feels like AI turnovers have been turned down as well this latest patch. My Browns led the league in picks last season (I have a 95 rated coverage line backer and one great CB who got the lion's share, so it felt realistic), and through 3 games using the latest patch I have zero and my guys have boggled chances. The slider is at 50 for me and I haven't touched it since I first fired up the game.

I'm in year 2024 and one thing I will say re: the talent distribution is that it's far too easy to find yourself a starting-quality QB. To the point where I wonder if it's even worthwhile giving your guy an extension versus getting hold of an early 2nd rounder and picking one of the 1st round-projected guys that always seem to make it to the 2nd round due the fact that 75% of the league already has a starter and backup QB rated in the 78-82 OVR range already.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:41 PM   #102
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Not sure what everyone else's experiences are, but I've found that every patch released has significantly changed my gameplay experience this year, and I've been progressively decreasing some of the advantages I'd given the CPU sliders - in particular run blocking. After the 2nd most recent patch I was getting absolutely scorched on the ground despite having a solid defensive line and the best linebacker corps in the league, and I've had to drop the CPU run blocking slider to 55 to give me what I consider more realistic results - get beat by good HBs, shut down weaker ones.

It feels like AI turnovers have been turned down as well this latest patch. My Browns led the league in picks last season (I have a 95 rated coverage line backer and one great CB who got the lion's share, so it felt realistic), and through 3 games using the latest patch I have zero and my guys have boggled chances. The slider is at 50 for me and I haven't touched it since I first fired up the game.

I'm in year 2024 and one thing I will say re: the talent distribution is that it's far too easy to find yourself a starting-quality QB. To the point where I wonder if it's even worthwhile giving your guy an extension versus getting hold of an early 2nd rounder and picking one of the 1st round-projected guys that always seem to make it to the 2nd round due the fact that 75% of the league already has a starter and backup QB rated in the 78-82 OVR range already.

I play on AP defaults and it's playing great. Year 2 with the Cardinals and we are 9-5. We need to beat Cleveland, they sit at 11-3 in 2019.

Post patches, this might be my favorite Madden game. It has just the right amount of pacing to it during the season as well as the offseason. I agree with you about QB's, that needs looked into for sure. I'm riding Rosen though, he's progressing nicely and leads the league in passing yardage this season.

Playing in 4k/hdr and the lighting is fantastic, the game is beautiful.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 12-13-2018 at 06:42 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:50 PM   #103
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

We finish 10-6 and head to Philly to take on the Eagles in a Wildcard game. We have a ton of injuries, both my #1 and #2 RB's are out as well as my #1 and #2 WR's plus a couple of starting OL.

Baker Mayfield won the league MVP award, throwing for 43 TD's.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #104
bhlloy
Coordinator

Circling back on this as I'm needing a new PC gaming fix - are people still playing and enjoying?

Is the GM mode robust enough to play 8-10 years without any serious game breaking suspensions of belief, and are you able to edit players/rosters in GM mode?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:45 PM   #105
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Circling back on this as I'm needing a new PC gaming fix - are people still playing and enjoying?

Is the GM mode robust enough to play 8-10 years without any serious game breaking suspensions of belief, and are you able to edit players/rosters in GM mode?

I'm still playing on XB1X and I'm in 2023. Nothing game breaking that I've seen thus far. Not sure about editing players but I would be shocked if you couldn't, especially on PC.