Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #201
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Present company excepted I trust, Lord Baelish.

The North has no interest in the Iron Throne. We come merely to call a murderer to account.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #202
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Either way's better than being bannerman to your whiny little grandson. How's that feel?

This flexibility seems unusual for you, Stannis.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #203
Autumn
Head Coach

Just because I'm cast as the guy who makes bad decisions, doesn't mean I'll play him that way. ;-)
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #204
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
Lord Varys, i fear that we are the only ones here with the future of the REALM in mind. Individual desires for power do nothing but fragment the kingdom as these "kings" forget that their duty is to the throne, regardless of whom is sitting upon it.

Indeed Lord Baelish - you are quite right. Let us strive to remember that in these tumultuous times as friends become enemies and enemies become friends - that you and I share a desire for stability, and recognize that the Iron Throne conveys both great power, and great responsibility to whomever sits upon it - a lesson that these claimants would do well to remember.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #205
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

The North has no interest in the Iron Throne. We come merely to call a murderer to account.

Your title of "King of the North" seems at conflict with your stated goals.

Your father betrayed his king and was summarily punished for it. One man's treasonist is another man's martyr, it appears.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:28 AM   #206
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauchow View Post
The finest knight in all the land reporting... for who?

There is only one King, and he resides at Storm's End.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #207
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

What is this Lord Stark? You renounce all claims to the Iron Throne? You would not seek to sit upon it in retribution for the death of your father - a honorable, albeit unwary man.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #208
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I did not realize you had lost your sense of honor uncle. You will let Robb keep "your" kingdom divided. No wonder all of your bannerman followed Renly. It seems like he may have more backbone then you these days.

His bannermen were wise men and seek nothing but justice and peace.

However, justice and peace will require war. Storm's End is ready.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #209
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
The finest knight in all the land reporting... for who?

We are both men of experience and honor, Ser Barristan. Most importantly we are men, not boys. You deserve a place of honor next to a King who understands what it is to rule, what honor entails. Not a cruel little boy who has never seen battle.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #210
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
What is this Lord Stark? You renounce all claims to the Iron Throne? You would not seek to sit upon it in retribution for the death of your father - a honorable, albeit unwary man.

My father was a man of decency and honor - but he was also unfortunately blind to reality. I will not be as blind.

History has already repeated itself once - a mad king has murdered a proud and noble Stark, and an accounting must be made. The Starks had the opportunity to claim the throne once, and did not. Two wars over this ridiculous throne is enough - the North will be free of the madness of the South. Regretfully, it seems the price of this freedom must be paid in blood. Were there another way, we could choose it.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:39 AM   #211
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
However, justice and peace will require war. Storm's End is ready.

Justice and peace only require that you kneel, brother. As simple as that.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #212
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Justice and peace only require that you kneel, brother. As simple as that.

Ah, brother. Kneeling also requires respect and power. And you appear to have little of either at the moment. You will have a place in my court if you wish.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:44 AM   #213
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
My father was a man of decency and honor - but he was also unfortunately blind to reality. I will not be as blind.

History has already repeated itself once - a mad king has murdered a proud and noble Stark, and an accounting must be made. The Starks had the opportunity to claim the throne once, and did not. Two wars over this ridiculous throne is enough - the North will be free of the madness of the South. Regretfully, it seems the price of this freedom must be paid in blood. Were there another way, we could choose it.

The reality is that there will be one king and three bannermen at the conclusion of this game of thrones. Seeing as how you are a king, any statements you make about not desiring the Iron Throne must be viewed as deliberate deception or rank naivete.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #214
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Anyone looking to take the head of my king will find his final breaths approaching rapidly. I suggest everyone think very carefully before testing my allegiances.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #215
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The reality is that there will be one king and three bannermen at the conclusion of this game of thrones. Seeing as how you are a king, any statements you make about not desiring the Iron Throne must be viewed as deliberate deception or rank naivete.

If that is what is required to see justice served, so be it. If we must, we will hold the Iron Throne in regency until a suitable person is found to rule the South.

But that is where we differ, Lord Tywin. You desire Lannister dominance out of pure ambition. We fight for justice, and to ensure the sins of the past can never be repeated.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #216
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I do find myself wishing that we had the Princes of Dorne in this game, though.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 05-20-2013 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Dorne, not Dornes
Old 05-20-2013, 11:04 AM   #217
Thomkal
Head Coach

:::makes some popcorn and gets ready for the fun:::
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #218
hoopsguy
General Manager

Where we differ is in how we lie to ourselves about our motivations. You seek justice ... I'm sure this will have great meaning to Renly Baratheon if your justice leads to his entrails bleeding out on the soil.

I fight to preserve the existing king of the Seven Kingdoms. I fight to restore order to the lands, where the populace need not sacrifice prosperity to fund a war chest. I'm sure these aims mean nothing to Stannis Baratheon if the price of that order is a meeting with the Faceless Men.

I understand your desire to sow dissension against the current rules to further your aims. However, I will not stand by idly and allow this propaganda against my family to go unchallenged.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:11 AM   #219
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Good morning, everyone.

I am catching up. Any questions asked, I will get to you shortly.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #220
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

(OOC) This would have been me. Dorne is my favorite.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #221
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also, hoping to see the descriptions for the last couple of neutrals as well.

You will definitely get that. I will finish Ser Barristan and Tyrion and add Cersei this morning.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #222
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Oops! I clicked on the top thread without looking to see what it was and it was a clan thread. Sorry about that fellow family members (and/or over-sized nutters). I shall be more careful in future.

You only have one option to atone for your sin here. You must sleep with every young male non-dwarf Lannister.

Oh wait...

Old 05-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #223
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You will definitely get that. I will finish Ser Barristan and Tyrion and add Cersei this morning.

A little bird told me that Cersei may not last the night - if it can be determined whose bed she is sharing tonight.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #224
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Where we differ is in how we lie to ourselves about our motivations. You seek justice ... I'm sure this will have great meaning to Renly Baratheon if your justice leads to his entrails bleeding out on the soil.

I fight to preserve the existing king of the Seven Kingdoms. I fight to restore order to the lands, where the populace need not sacrifice prosperity to fund a war chest. I'm sure these aims mean nothing to Stannis Baratheon if the price of that order is a meeting with the Faceless Men.

I understand your desire to sow dissension against the current rules to further your aims. However, I will not stand by idly and allow this propaganda against my family to go unchallenged.

There's not even need for propaganda against the Lannisters, Tywin. Your family seems incapable of producing much else than scandal.

And of course you are all for supporting the existing king now, once you got the old one out of your way. It's too late for you to claim justice, you have too much blood on your hands.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #225
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
is there still info missing in the rules?

Yes. I will be adding to Post #6 throughout the morning. I will let everyone know when they are complete.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:20 AM   #226
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey Chief - Are King's Hands matters of public record?

Yes.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #227
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
i hope this will be added to the front page

Good idea.

I will post this in the player list post.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #228
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
It would be great to have the list of kings / bannermen in the first post of the House threads, but sometime down the road, after the rules are finished. I am assuming that third rule page will be pretty massive.

Also a good idea. I will add them to the first page in each faction thread.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #229
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
we did it for the Royal Rumble, i was thinking the same thing for this one.

Hmm... my game also. Maybe that is my only purpose in running games? Lol

Old 05-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #230
hoopsguy
General Manager

The idea that "I got the old one out of my way" is preposterous. The old one was married to my daughter, with Joffrey as the heir. I aided "the old one" when he assumed the throne, and enjoyed substantial favor during his reign. All of the pretender kings had much more to gain by Robert's passing than House Lannister.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:36 AM   #231
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

There are many characters remaining for future games.

I look forward to including the Princes of Dorne, the rest of the Starks, Jon Snow, Danaerys, dragons, etc. in future versions.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #232
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Oops! I clicked on the top thread without looking to see what it was and it was a clan thread. Sorry about that fellow family members (and/or over-sized nutters). I shall be more careful in future.

I just did that as well. You would think a Bolton would be more careful...
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #233
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
A little bird told me that Cersei may not last the night - if it can be determined whose bed she is sharing tonight.

I never knew that little birds could be as deceitful as their arachnid masters. You need not fear Lord Varys, I assure you that I am perfectly safe at night, I rest assured that you feel equally secure.

But I see no reason for us to fight. I believe we can co-operate for our mutual benefit.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #234
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Your title of "King of the North" seems at conflict with your stated goals.

Your father betrayed his king and was summarily punished for it. One man's treasonist is another man's martyr, it appears.

Kingslayers would know well about betrayal of a Kings
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #235
Danny
Head Coach

Ah, nothing like awaking at the crack of two fine women in the afternoon
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #236
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

King Robb Stark (CW) has named Lord Roose Bolton (JAG) his Hand of the King.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #237
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Tyrion and Barristan are done in Post #5 and a picture of the pleasant to look upon Cersei has been added. I am off to lunch, but I will finish her entry when I return and then start posting the rules, section by section.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #238
Autumn
Head Coach

We haven't even seen the rules yet!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #239
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Excuse me! My mirror and I shall be in my chambers.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #240
Autumn
Head Coach

Can't decide if it's horrible or hot.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:21 PM   #241
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
We haven't even seen the rules yet!

Man of action.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #242
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Kingslayers would know well about betrayal of a Kings
And just what is it that every single faction opposing Joffrey is setting out to do? Glass houses, indeed. You decry what Jamie did, while hoping desperately for the opportunity to repeat that act against a twelve year old.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #243
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
And just what is it that every single faction opposing Joffrey is setting out to do? Glass houses, indeed. You decry what Jamie did, while hoping desperately for the opportunity to repeat that act against a twelve year old.

I'd gladly send him to the Wall, do not worry. I'm sure his ability to lead will prove useful there.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #244
path12
Coordinator

Lord Varys.

You state that you wish what is best for the realm. We agree in that, and feel that you must realize that what is best for the people of the realm is best for the whole of the realm.

We would welcome your service.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #245
path12
Coordinator

Ser Barristan.

You are a great knight and have been a loyal member of the Kingsguard until the Lannister treachery forced you out.

Storm's End welcomes you. You would be invaluable in helping to achieve the will of the people against the tyrants now occupying Kings Landing.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #246
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

While not a perfect man, I believe the King Robert Baratheon was an honorable man despite his shortcomings. I lost my position as the Kingsguard because the little turd Joffrey wanted to have some less trust worthy than himself protecting him. So be it.. Perhaps someone someday will be able to convince me that I shoulfd join them..I have my doubt that there is anybody currently worthy of my sword, honesty and loyalty.

I will spend my days as an adventurer!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #247
path12
Coordinator

Finally, Lord Tyrion.

Belittled (forgive the pun). Unloved. Mocked by your own family. Consider that you may find respect elsewhere for your not inconsiderable talents.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #248
path12
Coordinator

I do not have messages for Lord Baelish or Cersei Lannister. You do not have the best interests of the realm in mind.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #249
hoopsguy
General Manager

Can one who panders to all truly rule any?
Old 05-20-2013, 02:32 PM   #250
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
While not a perfect man, I believe the King Robert Baratheon was an honorable man despite his shortcomings. I lost my position as the Kingsguard because the little turd Joffrey wanted to have some less trust worthy than himself protecting him. So be it.. Perhaps someone someday will be able to convince me that I shoulfd join them..I have my doubt that there is anybody currently worthy of my sword, honesty and loyalty.

I will spend my days as an adventurer!

Ser Barristan, with your abilities and our forces we can serve Westeros with honor.