Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #451
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

(Also there's the fact that I think a lot of the game is happening under the water, so to speak - with PMs shooting around. But I agree with you. Great ruleset but frustrating for those who don't have access to the multiple threads or have much in the way of PMing to do *cough* )
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #452
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Meh, a woman has no place in politics anyway.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #453
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
(Also there's the fact that I think a lot of the game is happening under the water, so to speak - with PMs shooting around. But I agree with you. Great ruleset but frustrating for those who don't have access to the multiple threads or have much in the way of PMing to do *cough* )

Yes, as a bystander that loves Game of Thrones, I wish i had some insight into the PMs. This is like I'm reading the cliff notes of the books right now and missing all of the meat!

I need someone to do something dramatic to help keep my interest going between now and my next meeting at 1pm!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #454
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I grow weary of the lords brokering their deals behind closed doors. It pains me to admit that I have little influence in these matters but once again I shall

Vote Melisandre/Bulletsponge

The charges remain the same. Lord Stannis can talk about her being an innocent, holy woman until he is blue in the face but you are all granting him a great boon if you permit him to retain the services of the sorceress. If she is no more than a simple priestess then he should release her from his court. Of course, he will never do so, because she is far more than a simple priestess. Most others you accuse of treachery will flee from their lord, bequeathing their land and much of their moneys to their liege. The witch has no wordly goods to be seized by her lord. Naming her an enemy of the realm will hurt Stannis far more than naming anyone else an enemy will hurt their lieges.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #455
Autumn
Head Coach

I will not release her from my service because then I would be down a bannerman. What King would do so? If you would like to offer me the service of a different bannerman, Cersei, then we can talk about it.

Frankly, I don't think anyone is going to follow the lead of a part of unknown allegiance, who does not serve the interests of her own house, it seems, yet kneels to no other King. Until we understand who Cersei Lannister serves I don't think you will find anyone willing to heed your advice.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #456
hoopsguy
General Manager

Stannis, your defenses of Melisandre have certainly been strident. That said, people may indeed follow Cersei Lannister because her words have merit. I would say the same if an argument were posed by Varys, Ser Barristan, or any of the others that are "part of unknown allegiance".
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #457
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

The fact remains that someone must be found guilty today. The "kings" have a choice

1) their primary goal is to see that it is not their own
2) they may wish to heed informal alliances and act accordingly
3) they may wish to kick House Lannister while it is down. But with lands raided and without the Mountain is the Lannister house worth the effort. If pressed Joffrey may decide to ignore the laws of the realm and retain the bannerman.
4) or they might want to weaken a more potent threat.

If the Kings choose the fourth option then the most logical choice is to remove the witch. Attaining her is the vote that causes the most damage to their enemy (by which I mean everyone who is not of their house). In terms of real politics then that is the most effective vote for everyone barring Dragonstone.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #458
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

I will enjoy seeing you squirm today Stannis, while your witch has you so confident in her harmlessness that she can break you at a moments notice, you refuse to accept what the realm seems to know for certain, even to the point that you will gladly be made to look weak just to keep her around.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #459
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Vote Jaime Lannister/Green beans

I think this is the next move which will benefit my Lord's Kingdom the most.

I encourage him and my fellow banner men to follow me in this course based off what I have seen happen so far these past two days

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #460
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Vote Milisandre/Bulletsponge

FUCK EA
Old 05-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #461
MrBug708
Head Coach

The time has come for the Kingslayer to atone for failure to perform his duties as a member if the Kingsguard and failure to protect his Kings. I would like to see Sir Barristan the Bold reinstated as Lord Commander on Jaime's death. Honor must be restored

[b]vote - green beans/Kingslayer/Jaime Lannister[\B]
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #462
MrBug708
Head Coach

[b]vote - green beans/Kingslayer/Jaime Lannister[\b]
Old 05-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #463
MrBug708
Head Coach

What the?
Old 05-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #464
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Forward slash not backward, Bug!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #465
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Little Bird Report...

A rumor has filtered down amongst the nobility and bannermen of Westeros...

Rumor

...Lord Varys has been seen several times at the camp of Renly Baratheon....

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #466
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Frankly, I don't think anyone is going to follow the lead of a part of unknown allegiance, who does not serve the interests of her own house, it seems, yet kneels to no other King. Until we understand who Cersei Lannister serves I don't think you will find anyone willing to heed your advice.

I, like everyone else in this game of thrones, serve myself. From the viewpoint of the other kings, this makes me no worse than you and, potentially, much better. Who knows, my lord Stannis, it is possible that I actually have your best interests at heart. The difference between me and the others not attached to a house is that I'm am not willing to skulk in the shadows and solely conduct my business behind closed doors.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #467
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
Vote Jaime Lannister/Green beans

I think this is the next move which will benefit my Lord's Kingdom the most.

I encourage him and my fellow banner men to follow me in this course based off what I have seen happen so far these past two days

Curious that this suggests you have not discussed the matter with your liege, lord Penrose. I presume you are unavailable to your liege at this moment. I fail to understand how prodding a wounded lion will benefit Renly Baratheon more than the opportunity to potentially gravely weaken his rival.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #468
MrBug708
Head Coach

Cell phone fail

vote - green beans/Kingslayer/Jaime Lannister
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #469
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ser Gregor Clegane has been captured by a bannerman of House Baratheon of Dragonstone!

His fate is in the hands of King Stannis Baratheon!

Old 05-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #470
MrBug708
Head Coach

Interesting
Old 05-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #471
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Interesting to see if Stannis follows through on his rhetoric yesterday. I suspect, however, that Clegane will undergo a miraculous conversion, repent his "sins" and Stannis will see fit to absolve him.

For those keeping count, that will be four bannerman giving allegiance to Stannis.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #472
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I will not release her from my service because then I would be down a bannerman. What King would do so? If you would like to offer me the service of a different bannerman, Cersei, then we can talk about it.

So my lord, perhaps I have not offered you the service of a different bannerman but fate appears to have done so. Will you release Melisandre from your service now?
Old 05-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #473
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Little Bird Report...

A rumor has filtered down amongst the nobility and bannermen of Westeros...

Rumor

...Lord Varys has been seen several times at the camp of Renly Baratheon....

Lord Varys! I am sorry I missed you on your visit though it appears you might have preferred to be in the shadows.

I wonder who might have reason to send you our way?
Old 05-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #474
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[OOC] I have read all the PMs I've reaceived so far today, but just in case I run out of time in the next few minutes to answer them before my next round of meetings, I will do my best to answer them from the airport, or certainly before deadline - even if it means sitting in the airport after I get back to answer them. Yes I'm that dedicated. Going to spend the next bit of time catching up on things in this thread before our next meetings. [/OOC]
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #475
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
So my lord, perhaps I have not offered you the service of a different bannerman but fate appears to have done so. Will you release Melisandre from your service now?

What you call fate the rest of the realm calls hard work. Gregor Clegane's fate will be decided in Dragonstone.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #476
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I, like everyone else in this game of thrones, serve myself. From the viewpoint of the other kings, this makes me no worse than you and, potentially, much better. Who knows, my lord Stannis, it is possible that I actually have your best interests at heart. The difference between me and the others not attached to a house is that I'm am not willing to skulk in the shadows and solely conduct my business behind closed doors.

What makes you worse is that I know what Renly's goal is, what Robb's goal is, what Joffrey's goal is. I can therefore judge their suggestions accordingly. I was never much inclined to trust a Lannister, but much less a Lannister whose goals I don't know.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #477
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Vote Jaime Lannister / Greenbeans

I cannot say I do not have a small amount of personal satisfaction from voting against the Kingslayer, but I do it not only for personal reasons, but for the good of my people.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #478
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
What makes you worse is that I know what Renly's goal is, what Robb's goal is, what Joffrey's goal is. I can therefore judge their suggestions accordingly. I was never much inclined to trust a Lannister, but much less a Lannister whose goals I don't know.

With Renly, Stark or Joffrey's goal in mind can you think of any reason why they would not wish to prosecute Melisandre?

I do not care if I am trusted. I do not expect to be trusted. I am not asking to be trusted. I ask only that my arguments be viewed on their merits.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #479
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
With Renly, Stark or Joffrey's goal in mind can you think of any reason why they would not wish to prosecute Melisandre?

I do not care if I am trusted. I do not expect to be trusted. I am not asking to be trusted. I ask only that my arguments be viewed on their merits.

Sure, because there are other more powerful bannermen and kings. You are making some wild guess that somehow Melisandre is more powerful than other bannermen. A guess that coincidentally would keep people from voting for one of your kinsmen. You're simply picking on the one bannerman that seems different enough from the others to stand out.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:14 PM   #480
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I hope you have enough wits about you to realise what is happening here Lord Renly. What do you think will happen once the Lannister house has been gutted? It is clear to me that Dragonstone and the North have formed some form of alliance. Where do you think they will turn once the House of Lannister is destroyed? At the moment you have the opportunity to break the stranglehold that Dragonstone/Stark have on the vote. In the future you will not have that luxury.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #481
path12
Coordinator

Lady Cersei,

You have made many persuasive arguments today but you also have made certain rather silly ones. Such as the idea that Storm's End is in danger because of votes against Ser Jaime. Or that we do naught but wait.

I appreciate your loyalty to your brother. Rest assured that though we have different aims I also possess a certain brotherly affection, misguided as he may be by the red priestess.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #482
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

My time is growing limited. I would rather talk privately with my son but that is not a possibility as he has surrounded himself with other advisors.

Joffrey - if you have any pretensions on remaining the king of Westeros then it is vital that you do not lose any more bannermen. Clearly the rest of the noble lords of the realm are set on tearing our house apart like a pack of ravenous wolves. I see no reason why you should bow to the wishes of your enemies as they transparently use the laws to destroy our house. If Jaime is pronounced an enemy of the state then I can see no reason for you to bow to their wishes. Assuredly retaining Jaime's service will reflect poorly on you but if you lose another bannerman under the current circumstances you can have no hope of retaining the throne in any case. The stain on your honour will matter little as you will be forced to bend the knee.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:27 PM   #483
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Take my head Stannis, I will see you in hell.

FUCK EA
Old 05-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #484
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Jaime, if you actually ever return from wherever you are, I see no other option for you than to place your trust in your nephew should our enemies have their way in this vote.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #485
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Lady Cersei,

You have made many persuasive arguments today but you also have made certain rather silly ones. Such as the idea that Storm's End is in danger because of votes against Ser Jaime. Or that we do naught but wait.

It is a matter of simple mathematics my lord. If the Young Wolf and your brother are in collusion then where will the vote turn once my house is destroyed?

Varys has been spotted in your camp. You seem to be drawing the conclusion that he was sent there by an enemy. Are you certain that he was not meeting someone in your camp?
Old 05-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #486
Autumn
Head Coach

What a surprise, as Cersei's house and family are targeted she throws out accusations and suspicions left and right hoping to turn the rest against each other. You can be sure we understand how the game of thrones works, Cersei, all actually having thrones.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #487
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
What a surprise, as Cersei's house and family are targeted she throws out accusations and suspicions left and right hoping to turn the rest against each other. You can be sure we understand how the game of thrones works, Cersei, all actually having thrones.

Almost as big a surprise as you quickly denying any accusation of collusion. Well, not even actually denying them.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:46 PM   #488
Autumn
Head Coach

Why would I bother? I speak to Renly and Robb in person, not through you. That's scary, isn't it.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:48 PM   #489
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

You speak to them both? In person? Quite a feat my lord. Perhaps this is one of the powers the witch grants you.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:05 PM   #490
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Joffrey - you cannot afford to lose another bannerman, no matter how absent they currently are. That is all for today. I, and my mirror, shall retire to our chambers.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #491
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Varys has been spotted in your camp. You seem to be drawing the conclusion that he was sent there by an enemy. Are you certain that he was not meeting someone in your camp?

I understand this may be an odd concept to you, my Lady, but I keep total faith in my bannermen and Hand, who have and continue to serve me with honor and distinction.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #492
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The House Baratheon of Storm's End emmissary in the House Stark camp has returned to his king.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #493
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
Take my head Stannis, I will see you in hell.

This would be a shame, brother.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #494
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

greenbeans is being replaced by bhlloy as Jaime Lannister.

Welcome to the agme, bhlloy!

Old 05-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #495
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Now spend the next 24 hours reading all the rules.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #496
bhlloy
Coordinator

Hah, seriously.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #497
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am stepping away until 4:30 my time to do some, you know, actual work at my job.

So I won't be checking in until then.

I'll get back to anyone who needs it when I return then.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #498
path12
Coordinator

Lady Brienne, I wish to reconsider our message.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #499
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

King Renly, my compliments to your choice of emissary to the Stark courts. A good and loyal man.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #500
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
King Renly, my compliments to your choice of emissary to the Stark courts. A good and loyal man.

And I thank you for your hospitality and time with him King Robb, he appears to have conducted himself as ably as I have grown to expect.