Old 05-22-2013, 11:59 PM   #652
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well, that was a fun result wasn't it?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #653
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Joffrey - I hope your path is clear. I severely doubt any of the other kings are going to release or execute their traitors. You, on the other hand, absolutely cannot afford to do so. Keep Jaime in your service.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #654
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

My Lord Stannis,

it would appear that I have misjudged you. By executing Clegane you have proven me wrong in my assumptions of you. I realise that my words mean little or nothing to you but I state them anyway. I am confused at the accusations of foolishness levelled against you. A marked advantage by any party at this stage could only result in reprisals.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:47 AM   #655
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The Lannister emmissary has returned to camp from the House Baratheon of Storm's End.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:48 AM   #656
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Maidenpool for the House Baratheon of Dragonstone, and Fairhaven for House Lannister were both raided last night!

There was also an attempted raid on Duskendale, also under King Stannis, but it failed.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:49 AM   #657
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Enemy of the Realm decisions for the four currently under consideration are due by 1 p.m. EST / 10 a.m. PDT.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:17 AM   #658
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Lord Stannis,

I have the duty of conveying the personal thanks of Prince Doran of the House of Nymeria for the justice that you have seen fit to carry out on his behalf. All of Dorne has raised a glass on your behalf this evening, and Prince Doran is a man who does not easily forget his friends, or forgive his enemies.

It intrigues me to see such an outcome from yesterday's deliberations. There are quite a number of pivotal decisions to be made today, and an equal number of accusations flying through the air, thick as an arrow-storm.

The decisions of the claimants will no doubt be pivotal today, and one hopes that such decisions are made by well-informed men, with the interests of the peace and security of the realm in mind.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:23 AM   #659
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Well, someone has succeeded in sowing chaos. Perhaps that was the goal.

Interestingly there is one person who did not cast a vote yesterday. Had he voted and actually given an indication of his intentions then this situation would have been avoided.

I do not believe my Lord Varys is so far-sighted that he could have predicted the results of the voting, particularly with Lord Bolton casting his vote so late. But the Spider clearly does not wish to commit himself to any cause and, as a result, caused the tie. If you wish to find a person sowing chaos then look no further than the centre of the web.

You question my intentions Lord Stannis. And rightly so. At least they are, partially at least, a matter of public record. What does Varys have to say about yesterday and his abstention from the voting?
Old 05-23-2013, 06:32 AM   #660
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Jaime it is clear to me that Karstark is intent on chasing you until either you or he are dead in some misguided desire for vengeance for occurences on the battlefield. If you stay with Joffrey then the northerner cannot reach you directly. If you flee from your nephew's protection then I am certain that Karstark will hunt you, with or without his liege's approval. Theon Greyjoy's action's yesterday show that the young Wolf does not control his bannermen quite as well as he would like.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:47 AM   #661
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
That is not the message I received. I will discuss it with Renly in private.

Odd that he wasn't able to give you the message "in person".

Quote:
Why would I bother? I speak to Renly and Robb in person, not through you. That's scary, isn't it.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:55 AM   #662
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
OK, so now it doesn't affect the voting, I think it's a bit of a dick move to vote the guy coming into the game to replace an inactive player. Especially seeing as you gave me what - less than 4 hours. I guess it is what it is.

(Agree what all the others have said regarding this. There is way too much that is going on to be able to alter course for a new player. Votes aren't determined by who we feel is most likely the wolf/whatever wolfy reasons you want to give for voting like in a normal game. I do remember a game where a new guy waded through thousands of posts only to be killed by the wolves though. In fact I think its happened several times.)
Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #663
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

For the record...

Lord Roose Bolton has been an honored and trusted bannerman, as well as a capable Hand of the King. While a page in an ancient book may decree him guilty of crimes against the realm, I find him innocent of the charges. A man who has been nothing but loyal and capable is no enemy of mine. House Stark protects its own.

Chief - No actions will be taken against Roose Bolton.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #664
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
My Lord Stannis,

it would appear that I have misjudged you. By executing Clegane you have proven me wrong in my assumptions of you. I realise that my words mean little or nothing to you but I state them anyway. I am confused at the accusations of foolishness levelled against you. A marked advantage by any party at this stage could only result in reprisals.

Thank you. I think it is clear that the cries of "foolish" are raised by those with ulterior motives. Renly is in league with Tywin, and thinks i should send him an extra bannerman? That's the sort of impulsive and ridiculous thinking which doesn't make him suited to be king. I did what I did to assist both the Starks and Baratheons and those who claim not to see that clearly have other goals in mind than unseating Joffrey. I remain dedicated to that cause.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:06 AM   #665
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Jaime it is clear to me that Karstark is intent on chasing you until either you or he are dead in some misguided desire for vengeance for occurences on the battlefield. If you stay with Joffrey then the northerner cannot reach you directly. If you flee from your nephew's protection then I am certain that Karstark will hunt you, with or without his liege's approval. Theon Greyjoy's action's yesterday show that the young Wolf does not control his bannermen quite as well as he would like.

I do nothing without my lieges approval
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #666
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Thank you. I think it is clear that the cries of "foolish" are raised by those with ulterior motives. Renly is in league with Tywin, and thinks i should send him an extra bannerman? That's the sort of impulsive and ridiculous thinking which doesn't make him suited to be king. I did what I did to assist both the Starks and Baratheons and those who claim not to see that clearly have other goals in mind than unseating Joffrey. I remain dedicated to that cause.

Did it not occur to you that Ser Gregor would have had valuable information on Lord Joffrey's resources and goals? No wonder the Lady Cersei is pleased with your actions. Do you not understand that even you keeping Ser Gergor on as a bannerman would have been preferable to Storm's End over his unjust execution? You killed a man under Storm's End protection and then dare to call Lord Renly impulsive. No, Stannis. I assure you, we held no love for Ser Tywin until your actions forced us to seek his aid.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #667
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Joffrey - I hope your path is clear. I severely doubt any of the other kings are going to release or execute their traitors. You, on the other hand, absolutely cannot afford to do so. Keep Jaime in your service.

Of course mother I would never think of abandoning my family.

Jamie Lannister will be kept in my service.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #668
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Did it not occur to you that Ser Gregor would have had valuable information on Lord Joffrey's resources and goals? No wonder the Lady Cersei is pleased with your actions. Do you not understand that even you keeping Ser Gergor on as a bannerman would have been preferable to Storm's End over his unjust execution? You killed a man under Storm's End protection and then dare to call Lord Renly impulsive. No, Stannis. I assure you, we held no love for Ser Tywin until your actions forced us to seek his aid.

And why was an enemy of the realm under your protection? That is where I am confused. The only person in the world I can think of who would want Gregor alive is Tywin Lannister. Are you doing his favors now?

Ser Gregor had plenty of time to convince me to do otherwise. I never heard a word from him.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #669
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think it is safe to assume that Renly is in bed with Joffrey. I would not be surprised if it is both figuratively as well as literally
Old 05-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #670
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You killed a man under Storm's End protection and then dare to call Lord Renly impulsive.

I must confess myself confused, troll. How was Clegane, branded by your own liege a criminal and named an enemy of the realm, under "Storm's End protection". And if he was under your protection why was it Stannis who committed resources to secure the villain and not your liege? I find myself thankful that I am not under the protection of Lord Renly if this is his way of securing it.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 AM   #671
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I think it is safe to assume that Renly is in bed with Joffrey. I would not be surprised if it is both figuratively as well as literally

(ooc - bleurgh to that image. Cheers for that one Bug )
Old 05-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #672
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I do nothing without my lieges approval

Do you deny that you would be pressuring the Wolf Cub with all your powers of persuasion to kill my brother if the opportunity arose? (thankfully it appears that it won't).
Old 05-23-2013, 08:34 AM   #673
fontisian
College Prospect

Are you really so narrow minded Stannis? We intended to use Ser Gregor's information and resources against the Lannisters. I fail to comprehend why Tywin Lannister would want Ser Gregor to bend the knee to another king.

Ser Gregor had agreed to join Lord Renly and renounce his allegiance to Joffrey if he was given the opportunity (and naturally donate a sum of money to the poor to regain his honor) and had backed up his word with actions. My mistake was delaying in setting out to capture him.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #674
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Do you deny that you would be pressuring the Wolf Cub with all your powers of persuasion to kill my brother if the opportunity arose? (thankfully it appears that it won't).

Perhaps you should be more worried about the Kingslayer's own son? It seems that the last two King's were not so protected by his sword. Keeping him as far away from Joff would probably be in the young King's best interests.

I would relish the chance for vengeance. Would you not want to kill anyone who brought harmed Joffrey? I believed you were none to pleased when your own flesh slapped him up in Winterfell.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #675
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I am not aware that Jaime has any sons. Are you a washerwoman who believes any passing rumour or a lord of the realm?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:43 AM   #676
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

My dear Kings Stannis and Renly,

You both realize this continued bickering benefits exactly one faction - Joffrey's.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:46 AM   #677
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
I am not aware that Jaime has any sons. Are you a washerwoman who believes any passing rumour or a lord of the realm?

I believe that information is enough to know the last two people who figured it out soon met their demise. They both happened to be from two of the most powerful families in all of the seven kingdoms.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #678
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

You both realize this continued bickering benefits exactly one faction - Joffrey's.

What do you plan to do Joffrey now Lord Stark? Yesterday's events and the rulers convenient disregard of the laws reveal that the voting system is a farce.

Do you want to exercise my imagination? I know my father. Let's assume you vote to brand him a traitor today. I can assure you that my dear father will be out of the door, deserting his grandson, faster than you can blink once the vote is public. This will assuredly destroy Joffrey, I grant you. But what will happen to my father? He is not the Mountain - he has enough men to secure his position for a day. As surely as night follows day he will once again find himself in the camp of Renly, but this time he will be there to stay. Storm's End appears to be the refuge of choice for the dispossessed of the Lannister, do you not think?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:58 AM   #679
MrBug708
Head Coach

I do not believe that Joffrey will allow Tywin, and the gold of Casterly Rock, to leave.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #680
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he was already paving the way for his flight to Storm's End while he was visiting Renly yesterday. He will no doubt explain that he is doing so to ensure that the Lannister house survives in the shape of my youngest son, Tommen.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #681
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I do not believe that Joffrey will allow Tywin, and the gold of Casterly Rock, to leave.

Joffrey will have no say in the matter. As I said, the first excuse he receives will see my father desert Joffrey.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #682
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
What do you plan to do Joffrey now Lord Stark? Yesterday's events and the rulers convenient disregard of the laws reveal that the voting system is a farce.

It should be readily obvious - I plan to remove him from his throne. Do you really need that spelled out?

That of course, does not mean I have to systematically slaughter everyone bearing a Lannister name. I'm no murderer.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #683
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Are you really so narrow minded Stannis? We intended to use Ser Gregor's information and resources against the Lannisters. I fail to comprehend why Tywin Lannister would want Ser Gregor to bend the knee to another king.

Ser Gregor had agreed to join Lord Renly and renounce his allegiance to Joffrey if he was given the opportunity (and naturally donate a sum of money to the poor to regain his honor) and had backed up his word with actions. My mistake was delaying in setting out to capture him.

So you failed to capture him, and are upset that I did and then didn't donate him to your cause? Okay then.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #684
MrBug708
Head Coach

While that would be a strong strategic move by most, I do not see Tywin running from anything, especially when he controls the Iron Throne.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #685
fontisian
College Prospect

Why didn't you keep him on? Seriously, we asked you not to kill him and then you killed him in the name of keeping the balance between our houses. What the hell?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #686
MrBug708
Head Coach

And what claim does Tommen have to Casterly Rock? He has one son, Tyrion, who is the rightful heir to Casterly Rock, unless I am missing something?

Is this an acknowledgment of the paternity of your children? Jaime cannot hold land, but his sons would be able to continue his line.

I certainly do not see Lord Tywin handing over The Westerlands to a child with the name Baratheon attached to it.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #687
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Why didn't you keep him on? Seriously, we asked you not to kill him and then you killed him in the name of keeping the balance between our houses. What the hell?

I was not asked not to kill him. I was asked to send him to Storm's End if I was going to kill him. You can't seriously think that would be a smart move for anyone but Renly, can you? That's not a sign of alliance, that's agreeing to serve under another. One who voted against my bannerman.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #688
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Interestingly there is one person who did not cast a vote yesterday. Had he voted and actually given an indication of his intentions then this situation would have been avoided.

I do not believe my Lord Varys is so far-sighted that he could have predicted the results of the voting, particularly with Lord Bolton casting his vote so late. But the Spider clearly does not wish to commit himself to any cause and, as a result, caused the tie. If you wish to find a person sowing chaos then look no further than the centre of the web.

You question my intentions Lord Stannis. And rightly so. At least they are, partially at least, a matter of public record. What does Varys have to say about yesterday and his abstention from the voting?

As befits a Master of Whispers, I do not believe that my views are best expressed by the small sound of my quiet voice amongst the crowd of men, but prefer to utilize it in confidence with men of power, where it is afforded the respect that it deserves. In that respect I have not been shy, as those who have been in communication with me can attest. I am however, at heart, a collector of information, and do not purport to be a kingmaker.

That being the case, had I been available, I believe I would have cast the deciding vote last night - or would have been more active in making my wishes known to others, unfortunately I was called away from the voting by matters of state which simply could not wait.

[ooc] The above is true. It's my intention to play Varys as Varys - I don't think it's particularly fitting of my character to vote , plus I only have a 0.5 vote. That being the case, given that it was a tie I likely would have cast the deciding vote last night except I was dealing with the fact that my flight from Montreal to Boston had just been canceled and rebooking for this morning and getting my hotel room comped by the airline and trying to get to the hotel so I could wake up for my 3:45am wakeup call. I didn't even have internet access and time to catch up until I got to the hotel, which was right after deadline I believe, whereupon I crawled into bed and managed to fire up my internet to see what had happened real quickly, for all of like...15 minutes before crashing. [/ooc]
Old 05-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #689
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

I agree. It was the Lannister's intent to turn some of us against each other. I thought that would be clearly why Clegane had to die.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #690
Autumn
Head Coach

And in light of my continued desire to see Joffrey off the throne, since Jaime has scurrIed back to Joffrey, there is only one choice.

VOTE HOOPSGUY/TYWIN LANNISTER
Old 05-23-2013, 09:26 AM   #691
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Holiday weekend. We will be off. Deadline wil run Friday night and then resume Tuesday.

Of course, everyone is welcome to continue posting and doing whatever, but no actions taken will be acted upon before Tuesday.

This means D3 ends Friday at 5PM EST, does D4 begin immediately then, and end on Tuesday? Or is it some undefined time that is neither D3 or D4?
Old 05-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #692
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry Dragonstone Baratheons for my accidental intrusion to your thread.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #693
path12
Coordinator

I stated my intentions yesterday but will make them official now. Ser Loras made his vote at my direct bequest, there is no stain in following the orders of his liege.

Ser Loras Tyrell will remain in my service.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #694
MrBug708
Head Coach

I guess you guys can stop role playing "Knight/Villain" now and live it out
Old 05-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #695
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I will say this and no more for now. My brother looks for signs from me. I give him a sign in a diplomatic note what I would see as a gesture of good faith. Rather than negotiating further or holding off he proceeds to do the exact opposite thing and then has the gall to ask me for a sign. And now acts as if he is the persecuted one.

It is little wonder that the people do not wish him to rule.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #696
Autumn
Head Coach

A request like yours is not a sign of good faith, brother. I'm not sure how you would think otherwise. And no, the exact opposite of what you wanted, which was to make Gregor your bannerman, would be for me to make Gregor my bannerman. What I did was neither. That was a sign of good faith. Helping you become more powerful than me isn't a sign of good faith, it's a sign of subservience. If that's what you hope for from allies I don't imagine you'll have any.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #697
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

All this talk makes me glad I'm on the shores attempting to catch fish. Needless to say I am still hungry. I should have taken up more hobbies while I was serving four Kings. Retirement does not serve me well.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 AM   #698
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

DaddyTorgo noted the time change for Day Three. I was going to bring it up at the soft deadline, but now is as good a time as any.

I am working the second job tonight, so if the deadline were held at its regular time tonight, results would have been massively delayed anyway.

And as it turns out, running this game is hard! Lol... I decided it would be best for the health of the GM to move the Day three deadline to 2 p.m. PDT (5 p.m. EST) tomorrow Friday, where I could prep for it and do it here at work, and then we can launch into the weekend. Plus, it doesn't keep anyone around on Friday night of a holiday weekend waiting for a lynch.

And I stay sane. This is critically important. It may matter less to you all, but to me it's very key.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 05-23-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #699
MrBug708
Head Coach

I believe we are waiting on Stannis to decide whether or not Melisandre will stay in his service.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:39 AM   #700
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
DaddyTorgo noted the time change for Day Three. I was going to bring it up at the soft deadline, but now is as good a time as any.

I am working the second job tonight, so if the deadline were held at its regular time tonight, results would have been massively delayed anyway.

And as it turns out, running this game is hard! Lol... I decided it would be best for the health of the GM to move the Day three deadline to 2 p.m. PDT (5 p.m. EST) tomorrow Friday, where I could prep for it and do it here at work, and then we can launch into the weekend. Plus, it doesn't keep anyone around on Friday night of a holiday weekend waiting for a lynch.

And I stay sane. This is critically important. It may matter less to you all, but to me it's very key.

Yes, but does this mean that D4 begins at 5:01pm EDT on Friday, or does it begin on Tuesday?