saldana
Pro Starter

and i volunteer.

Valar Morghulis.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #53
saldana
Pro Starter

Hey chief, any idea when you are gonna post some of the rules...I invited a friend to play, but he has only played one vanilla game on BGG, and would like to see a bit more of how this is gonna work before he dives in.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #54
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
Hey chief, any idea when you are gonna post some of the rules...I invited a friend to play, but he has only played one vanilla game on BGG, and would like to see a bit more of how this is gonna work before he dives in.

Cool, great to hear about your friend. The grand plan was to get everything up yesterday, but you know how that goes. My plan is to get the basic ruleset up from work later today, and then fill in the details for role actions and such tomorrow.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #55
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

In before the winter.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #56
Danny
Head Coach

Resubscribed to Netflix to watch game if thrones. Have disk 1and 2 arriving tomorrow. I would probably need to start next week to get through season 1
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #57
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

yea ill sign up. gotta work next 2 days so i wont be on in the morning then
Old 05-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #58
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Resubscribed to Netflix to watch game if thrones. Have disk 1and 2 arriving tomorrow. I would probably need to start next week to get through season 1

If you've read the opening post then you've been pretty much as spoilered as you're going to be for season one I would imagine. Stop fannying around and sign up, yer big girl's blouse!
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #59
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

FIRST PAGE OF RULES ARE POSTED (Post #4)

I am now working on the role list and will post that in the second rule post (Post #5).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #60
Autumn
Head Coach

Looks awesome, Chief.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #61
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, sounds amazing.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #62
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Thanks!

Silly me, I get the deadline time switched up in my head. I originally had it 7 p.m. EST, while thinking PDT. It is actually 10 p.m. EST (7 p.m. PDT). Apologies for the confusion.

I have changed it in the rules.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #63
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
If you've read the opening post then you've been pretty much as spoilered as you're going to be for season one I would imagine. Stop fannying around and sign up, yer big girl's blouse!

I have not read a word of it!

I watched episodes 1 and 2 yesterday. Today will be 3 and 4, hopefully my wife gets disk 1 dropped off today so that I can get disk 3 friday or saturday.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #64
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

It'll be interesting to see what criteria will be used for voting.

Not sure I see why a king would banish rather than execute but I'm sure it will become clear.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #65
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Latish start to include Jackal & Danny finally signing up should make 18.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #66
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Latish start to include Jackal & Danny finally signing up should make 18.

Yeah, I'm still hopeful to get to 18. That's my minimum. I'm pretty sure Danny will get in. I think next week is when The Jackal is super busy or travelling, so unfortunately, I don't think he will be an option there.

There are a couple other options, too, and someone might join late. But I may need to send out another round of emails to some others.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:02 PM   #67
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

What's up with Abe. Isn't the innate fantasyishness of this make participation obligatory for him? And Thomkal.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #68
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What's up with Abe. Isn't the innate fantasyishness of this make participation obligatory for him? And Thomkal.

Abe's one of my next set of PMs.

Thomkal is unfortunately not available for this game.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #69
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Mrbug is in. Just talked to him on messenger.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #70
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Awesome! Can't wait to see him in here.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #71
MrBug708
Head Coach

And here I am!
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #72
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
And here I am!

Sweet! Welcome. I have added you in.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #73
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Are roles public or just whether someone is a king / bannerman / neutral or something else I didn't guess?
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #74
Danny
Head Coach

I guess I could play the first couple days without reading the rules if necessary
Old 05-16-2013, 12:35 AM   #75
britrock88
Pro Starter

CR, despite our PM exchange about my busy-ness/not knowing GoT, if the rules continue to look intriguing, I could jump in...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:41 AM   #76
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

I'll play

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:34 AM   #77
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Are roles public or just whether someone is a king / bannerman / neutral or something else I didn't guess?

Roles and who everyone is will all be public, actually. This game won't be about guessing who is who, but who is doing what?

Old 05-16-2013, 01:37 AM   #78
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I guess I could play the first couple days without reading the rules if necessary

Awesome! I will tentatively put you in. Chances are, I will send out roles Friday day, but it will be an extended Night Zero through the weekend, ending Sunday evening, and then Day One will run from Sunday night through the first official deadline Monday night.

So you could conceivably get through a bunch of the series before we get into real play anyway.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 AM   #79
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
CR, despite our PM exchange about my busy-ness/not knowing GoT, if the rules continue to look intriguing, I could jump in...

I would love to have you in, brit. I am posting roles in the morning, and I will be trying to get the final rules post up by tomorrow as well. So you have a day and change to decide. I will likely send out roles late afternoon Friday for an extended Night Zero through Sunday night.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #80
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
I'll play

Great! Welcome to the game.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:48 AM   #81
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Certain players manage to go through the entire game without looking at the rules. Aye Lathum?
Old 05-16-2013, 06:41 AM   #82
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Certain players manage to go through the entire game without looking at the rules. Aye Lathum?

i looked at the rules, then decided they were too complicated for me, im sure someone will tell me what I need to know!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #83
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

When does this start?

Just a warning, my participation will be VERY low. I just started a new role where I am out in the field most of the day ( company car, yay!) and just don't have the time to check in. Combine that with a 10 day old baby and a 3 year old at home, you can imagine my time is limited. Plus I have family in town until next Thursday.

All that being said I want to keep participation up and love GoT.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #84
Autumn
Head Coach

Ten bucks says Lathum volunteers to be banished day one ;-)
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #85
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Just read through the rules again and they look great. I'm actually ridiculously excited about the whole thing (which probably means I die day one). Just an early question Chief, if the bannerman decides to flee from a banishment vote, are the effects the same as if he'd thrown himself at the mercy of the king who then decided to disavow him?
Old 05-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #86
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

who needs rules?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #87
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
When does this start?

Just a warning, my participation will be VERY low. I just started a new role where I am out in the field most of the day ( company car, yay!) and just don't have the time to check in. Combine that with a 10 day old baby and a 3 year old at home, you can imagine my time is limited. Plus I have family in town until next Thursday.

All that being said I want to keep participation up and love GoT.

I will send out roles tomorrow, and begin a Night Zero which will run through Sunday evening. There won't be many decisions to be made there, mostly the Kings naming their Hands. So the first official deadline day is Day One ending Monday evening at 10 p.m. EST (7 p.m. PDT).

Old 05-16-2013, 10:07 AM   #88
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just read through the rules again and they look great. I'm actually ridiculously excited about the whole thing (which probably means I die day one). Just an early question Chief, if the bannerman decides to flee from a banishment vote, are the effects the same as if he'd thrown himself at the mercy of the king who then decided to disavow him?

That's exactly what happens. It's the middle choice. The bannerman chooses exile for himself rather than risk being killed.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:00 PM   #89
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

SO GEEKED FOR THIS GAME...OF THRONES!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #90
Danny
Head Coach

Alright I'm in
Old 05-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #91
Danny
Head Coach

Nvm chief had already signed up me lol
Old 05-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #92
Danny
Head Coach

I did watch episode 3 and 4 last night, hopefully I get episodes 5 and 6 tomorrow and 7 ad 8 on Saturday
Old 05-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #93
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The first two factions are up in Post #5

Old 05-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #94
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nvm chief had already signed up me lol

I made a call.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:44 PM   #95
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Tyrion better be a neutral if he's not a Lannister.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #96
Danny
Head Coach

I will add right now that if someone spoilers anything in the game posts I will vote them / nk them / tie them to a tree and pour fire ants all over them!
Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #97
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Ten bucks says Lathum volunteers to be banished day one ;-)

If this happens, I will convert Lathum's character to the resurrected Aegon the Conqueror, who has returned from death to claim the Iron Throne. Aegon's win condition will be to respond to every PM he receives, while the win condition of everyone else in the game will be to send him as many PMs as they can to curry his favor.

He of course is unbanishable and cannot be removed from the game.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #98
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Tyrion better be a neutral if he's not a Lannister.

Tyrion who?

Old 05-16-2013, 03:53 PM   #99
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

House Baratheon of Dragonstone has been added to the role/faction list in Post #5.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #100
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I will add right now that if someone spoilers anything in the game posts I will vote them / nk them / tie them to a tree and pour fire ants all over them!

people die, its cold... something else happens.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote