Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-11-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Court Rivals

I searched for this and didn't see anything posted for it. Court Rivals is a basketball MMORPG along the lines of Goal Line Blitz or Cyberdunk. I've just started trying it and it's pretty decent so far, I prefer it to Cyberdunk in terms of the way it's organized, though their real money system leaves a lot to be desired when compared to GLB.

Basically you create your basketball player and they get a certain amount of time-based training points per day. The first time you train a stat it might take 5 minutes, then 10, then 15, and you start with 10 points a day, but can increase that by training your endurance stat.

You can create your own team (consisting of 10 players) or join another team through recruiting forums. You have various strategy options for your player controlling how often he will take the 3 point shot, crash the boards for rebounding, etc.

Best of all, there's no annoying referral system (that I have found.) The real money system isn't too great - basically you get one guy for free but any further guys you have to buy player credits for $4-5 each, and you need to use one of these per extra player each month. There's also premium accounts that add various features for another $5 per month. It all seems like it could add up fast!

Anyway, you may want to check it out -- www.courtrivals.com

Last edited by Peregrine : 06-11-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

So your own team could cost $45 a month?

Yeesh.. pretty damn pricey.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I think they are encouraging people to just have one or two guys (or at least their pricing system is.) Your own team doesn't cost you anything as long as you only have one guy - you just have to fill out a roster of 9 other guys from other players.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:54 PM   #4
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I created a guy to try it out. Ed Jones is a 7'0" Center...is that too tall?

Last edited by BrianD : 06-11-2008 at 01:54 PM.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
Peregrine
Pro Starter

My advice for any new guys is to train endurance as much as you can right away. It starts off at an hour per point but it's really critical for getting a lot of training points every day.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I think they are encouraging people to just have one or two guys (or at least their pricing system is.) Your own team doesn't cost you anything as long as you only have one guy - you just have to fill out a roster of 9 other guys from other players.

I'd rather spend $15 - $20 and have a whole team rather than spend $5 and have 2 guys.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:24 PM   #7
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I was playing with the training intensity flipping back and forth between regular and accelerated...every change I made dropped the training time by a few seconds. Seems like a bit of a bug which would allow shorter training time if a person was willing to switch that a bunch of times.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:49 PM   #8
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I haven't tried using the accelerated, but I know in the tutorial it says that you get a discount in training times for queuing up the same stat multiple times - maybe that's what you ran into.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:00 AM   #9
rjolley
College Starter

So, are we doing an FOFC team for this one?
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:43 PM   #10
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Good question - I have three guys and they are already on teams. Not sure I want to expand to a fourth guy since that's starting to be a significant amount of money.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #11
rjolley
College Starter

If there isn't, I'll just find a team to join. Thought I'd ask before I did.

Oh, if anyone needs a 6'9 PF, lemme know. Sam Jolley is ready to ball.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote