Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2015, 10:30 AM   #2251
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
So what ever happened to the gun?

oh yeah. forgot about that. The fact that we don't know who has it scares me.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:38 AM   #2252
timmae
College Starter

Darn it... who left it in the pod?

Which reminds me... can we just send the murderer to lockup in the pod? That'd be funky.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:39 AM   #2253
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Well lets get the ball rolling here and see what happens.

Thom, you and I may need to have a chat this evening. So in light of that you have a couple options.

1. You can throw me in jail, and look very suspicious
2. You can explain why you are voting against Zinto for speaking out against you, and help me understand why I feel like I was intentionally blocked from interrogating him last night.
3. You can let me visit you this evening and when I end up dead you will also look suspicious
4. You can book your stay in the medical center now

You now know my intentions, what you do should speak volumes for the rest of the colony.
Shoveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:45 AM   #2254
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #2255
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Old 02-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #2256
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

at least you brought protection...
Old 02-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #2257
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoveler View Post
2. You can explain why you are voting against Zinto for speaking out against you, and help me understand why I feel like I was intentionally blocked from interrogating him last night.

Shoveler, did you try to interrogate him and couldn't? Or were you directed by Thom not to even try. Huge difference in my mind.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #2259
timmae
College Starter

Old 02-26-2015, 10:55 AM   #2261
timmae
College Starter

that didn't work... --poli punches EF in the gut--
Old 02-26-2015, 10:55 AM   #2263
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
Shoveler, did you try to interrogate him and couldn't? Or were you directed by Thom not to even try. Huge difference in my mind.

I tried, but I was blocked since he was already put in jail.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #2264
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmae View Post
that didn't work... --poli punches EF in the gut--

I could see it in the quoted reply (but it didn't show in my posted quoted reply), wondered how you had a blank post.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:57 AM   #2265
Grover
Pro Starter

This is going to be a fascinating day. Especially since we only have a 5% chance of nabbing the murderer tonight.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:08 AM   #2266
timmae
College Starter

I have a greater than 5% chance as I have some notes jotted down as I've been reading.

Good point though Grover... we now have 10 hours to narrow this list down to 1. And many don't seem to trust our leader. Actually, it may be left in his hands anyways so if we don't trust him our vote may become meaningless.
Remember that EF said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Day 6 Results
Vote for a person whom you feel is the murderer. That person will be put up on trial, a trial decided on by Thomkal, and you will then decide the person's fate.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:08 AM   #2267
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

vote Crimson Fox

Fits my earlier profile of avoiding meaningful spotlight and the injuries and deaths seem to have stopped since he was locked up. I don't feel we have much more to go on to be honest. If we feel that there is more than one baddy organised then getting some other options out there is important. If we're really just looking for a lone murderer then, well, it isn't.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:10 AM   #2268
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Having an (effective) day one vote on page 46 must be some sort of record.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:12 AM   #2269
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

As of post 2268:

Zinto 1 - Thomkal (2192)
CrimsonFox 1 - Narcizo (2267)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:16 AM   #2270
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
vote Crimson Fox

Fits my earlier profile of avoiding meaningful spotlight and the injuries and deaths seem to have stopped since he was locked up. I don't feel we have much more to go on to be honest. If we feel that there is more than one baddy organised then getting some other options out there is important. If we're really just looking for a lone murderer then, well, it isn't.

what i find interesting narcizo is that you felt you had to lie about your background. I mean the drug dealer thing really means nothing out here.
unless there really IS another chemist around but i doubt there'd be doubles.
and you are so quick to judge me.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:17 AM   #2271
Grover
Pro Starter

I am very worried tha a vote for Thomkal will accomplish nothing as far as a trial goes. Especially if he is voted to go on trial. He certainly can't judge his own hearing? Who takes over? Who makes the decisions then...

There's a lot of angles to this.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:18 AM   #2272
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Don't be to quick to haphazardly vote for people. I think we should take a deeper look into this before throwing someone under the bus without proof.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #2273
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I am very worried tha a vote for Thomkal will accomplish nothing as far as a trial goes. Especially if he is voted to go on trial. He certainly can't judge his own hearing? Who takes over? Who makes the decisions then...

There's a lot of angles to this.

Your view is much too benevolent. I presume if Thomkal is voted for trial, there won't even be a trial.

FTR, while it is possible, I don't think Thomkal is the murderer, and that he has been an asset for the colony. I think becoming a martial law dictator of the colony might have been an end goal for him, and he is merely playing out his role. He probably wants to find the murderer as much as any of us.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:21 AM   #2274
Shoveler
High School Varsity

My thought is that we should give Thomkal someone he has no reason to find guilty in order to stall this process.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:24 AM   #2275
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My thought is that we should give Thomkal someone he has no reason to find guilty in order to stall this process.

What, keep sending Thomkal to trial, so that Thomkal the judge makes him Not Guilty and no one dies?

But then, we don't get the murderer. And the murderer continues to kill in the mean time.

I don't think stalling the process is necessarily a good thing. This is how we root out the murderer.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #2276
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:

I don't think stalling the process is necessarily a good thing. This is how we root out the murderer.

Exactly this. I think we need infinitely more discussion on who it could potentially be though.

I'm not convinced it's Fox or Thomkal.

Old 02-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #2277
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
What, keep sending Thomkal to trial, so that Thomkal the judge makes him Not Guilty and no one dies?

But then, we don't get the murderer. And the murderer continues to kill in the mean time.

You may be right. I am running off the assumption that eventually someone is going to come up with concrete information. But if they have they may not be revealing it as it would make them a target.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #2278
Suicane75
Coordinator

Perhaps the best course of action is to send someone to trial based on the information that Thoms decision will give.

My head hurts. Must be the toxins.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:37 AM   #2279
Thomkal
Head Coach

(OOC: First off, sorry I'm just checking in now, and as soon as I write this I'll be afk for an hour or so. Rotten timing I know, but it could be worse-I put off till tomorrow something that will take me away from the computer much of the afternoon)

(OOC2: I'm going to shoot some questions to EF after posting this that should give me a clearer sense of what's going on and what I can tell you. Please all I'm asking is that you give me a chance, things may not be as bad as they seem.)

(OOC3: All of this is not under my control, so you should look back over the results last night carefully and make sure not to repeat them)
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #2280
The Jackal
Coordinator

This is tough, since we have no idea if there is a conversion mechanism in this game. I could see there being only 1 "murderer" at this point, and him getting replaced if we vote him out, or could see the bad guys having 2-3 people at this point. Since we've got no idea, I'll just try and focus on that first person.

We've got what seems like a ton of UTR people which doesn't help. One thing that seems to have been touted as a way to catch people is based on the secrets from their histories, but I'm not really sure how to use that information. Maybe the more egregious crimes/scandals would suggest people who are more willing to continue that behavior?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:40 AM   #2281
The Jackal
Coordinator

Obviously the manifest seems like it could be important if we were able to cross-reference it with pieces of information we have, but as I understand it CF only learned about a few people.
Old 02-26-2015, 11:41 AM   #2282
Raven
College Prospect

Lots of random thoughts...

CrimsonFox
-Has revealed some information about the manifest. We know a little more info than we previously knew. Some people have confirmed his claims, so at least some of the claims he has made are known to be true.
-He also claimed to be the stowaway. I have no clue why. I don't think he'd confess, if he really was the stowaway. CF, why did you do that?

fontisian
-Was given the manifest by shark, but has revealed no information about it. I can understand as leader why you may keep that information to yourself, but now that you no longer are leader, we want to know what you know.

timmae
-claimed to be our best scientist, but we now find out he is a blogger. Maybe he is still a scientist, but I am not convinced how good of one he is.
I pushed the idea to question both his and DanGarion's background info early on, and despite having very little information about his "science" background, you guys voted for him as our scienctific leader anyway. I am not claiming that he is our stowaway; in fact if he IS the blogger and was on the manifest, as CF claimed he was, it seems he is not.

Thomkal
- his reaction to Zinto is far extreme.

The vote
- keep in mind WE the colony get to decide the fate. That does not mean we need to kill the person if Thomkal finds them guilty.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:03 PM   #2283
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
I am not claiming that he is our stowaway; in fact if he IS the blogger and was on the manifest, as CF claimed he was, it seems he is not.

This is something to consider. If you're on the manifest, you're not the stowaway. So we can use CF's info and anything font might be able to contribute to help narrow down our candidates, though.

Of course, that brings us to another question: if the stowaway is not the murderer (a presumption I believe at the moment), then does finding the stowaway do us any good? What purpose does the stowaway serve? Why are they here?

This is of course assuming CF is not the stowaway as he claims. If he is, of course, hopefully he can provide us with some answers.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:07 PM   #2284
The Jackal
Coordinator

What motivation would he have to lie about being the stowaway?
Old 02-26-2015, 12:07 PM   #2285
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
(OOC3: All of this is not under my control, so you should look back over the results last night carefully and make sure not to repeat them)

This is very curious. What did we do yesterday which we are at risk of repeating today?

Is this information Thomkal can't be more specific on for some in-game reason? Or do we just wait for him to return and he will be able to explain?

Old 02-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #2286
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post

You have played with CF before lol. He is a man of his own motivations.

Really, though, with all of the different victory conditions, I don't know that we can make the assumption that he has no reason to lie or mislead about that.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #2287
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You may be right. I am running off the assumption that eventually someone is going to come up with concrete information. But if they have they may not be revealing it as it would make them a target.

It's always nice when we get concrete information from someone trustworthy, but that's not a winning strategy in WW, where the bad guys are usually operating with much information than we are.

You need the pressure of an active vote and the threat of lynch to force the hands of those who would otherwise stay in hiding on the sideline.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:16 PM   #2288
Raven
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post

I don't know. But I also don't know why he would tell us that he was, either.
If the stowaway is here to hurt us, why would he admit to being the stowaway?
If the stowaway was here to help us (in some unknown way), that would make him the enemy of our enemy and would make him a target to our enemy.

Even if he is using reverse psychology, admitting to being the stowaway will at some point make him a target of our vote. That's inevitable...
Old 02-26-2015, 12:18 PM   #2289
Raven
College Prospect

If font does not come clean with her knowledge of the manifest, I am voting font to be on trial tonight.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #2290
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
It's always nice when we get concrete information from someone trustworthy, but that's not a winning strategy in WW, where the bad guys are usually operating with much information than we are.

You need the pressure of an active vote and the threat of lynch to force the hands of those who would otherwise stay in hiding on the sideline.

THIS THIS THIS

altho I still don't know what a bad guy IS in this game....nor a good guy
Old 02-26-2015, 12:27 PM   #2291
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

If I believed CF, I would probably vote Autumn, with the idea that a mass murderer is a good bit more likely to continue that behavior rather than a corrupt politician.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:28 PM   #2292
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
If font does not come clean with her knowledge of the manifest, I am voting font to be on trial tonight.

the thing about font. she obviously is no fan of mine. she has been slightly against me since the beginning and even moreso now. Altho I don't know her style.

It could be just as simple as I wasn't voting for her to be leader in the beginning and therefore she put me on her notrust list and that was it.

And since then she may have decided i can't be trusted about anything.
which is fine. But she doesn't really seem to be hunting or analyzing others.
If I missed something please correct me.

But the biggest thing about font is she definitely seems to have a bunch of people kinda kissing her behind and saying "give it to font. give it to font" for pretty much no reason.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:30 PM   #2293
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
If I believed CF, I would probably vote Autumn, with the idea that a mass murderer is a good bit more likely to continue that behavior rather than a corrupt politician.

which is why he was the main person I exposed out of the gate. The others didn't set off red flags. Mostly white collar crimes. Granted ANYONE can kill someone. And I thought autumn might just be a red herring UNTIL schmidty and danny died. Then i kinda felt i had to let you guys know about him in case i died.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:42 PM   #2294
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
which is why he was the main person I exposed out of the gate. The others didn't set off red flags. Mostly white collar crimes. Granted ANYONE can kill someone. And I thought autumn might just be a red herring UNTIL schmidty and danny died. Then i kinda felt i had to let you guys know about him in case i died.

But to be clear, your most recent description of my details in the manifest said that multiple people died at hte hospital I was chief of. Which sounds more like i left because of malpractice. The first time you reported this, you made me sound like a mass murderer. All I know was i resigned because of a scandal, which sounds a lot more like the former than the latter. Can you be clear about what you actually read?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:46 PM   #2295
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Unless you got something more specific, CF, my impression from the descriptions you were given of Autumn's scandal is that there were suspicious deaths at the hospital he ran. I entirely can buy that he had a hand in that. But that's a big leap to "mass murderer". It is also another massive leap to mean he is our murderer.

It seems as likely to me that Autumn made some medically and ethically questionable decisions at his hospital that led to deaths, which is certainly very bad, but not in serial killer territory. Being implicated in accidental deaths through bad decision making and ethics isn't quite the same as personally strangling someone.

He may very well be our murderer, but what I have heard so far is very far from conclusive.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:49 PM   #2296
Suicane75
Coordinator

Vote: DanGarion
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:50 PM   #2297
Shoveler
High School Varsity

Quote:
Unless you got something more specific, CF, my impression from the descriptions you were given of Autumn's scandal is that there were suspicious deaths at the hospital he ran. I entirely can buy that he had a hand in that. But that's a big leap to "mass murderer". It is also another massive leap to mean he is our murderer.

It seems as likely to me that Autumn made some medically and ethically questionable decisions at his hospital that led to deaths, which is certainly very bad, but not in serial killer territory. Being implicated in accidental deaths through bad decision making and ethics isn't quite the same as personally strangling someone.

He may very well be our murderer, but what I have heard so far is very far from conclusive.

If the deaths at the hospital were related to terminally ill and suffering patients being put out of their misery, that may fit the MO of our two deaths, but not the accident.
Old 02-26-2015, 12:53 PM   #2298
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

But the biggest thing about font is she definitely seems to have a bunch of people kinda kissing her behind and saying "give it to font. give it to font" for pretty much no reason.

Not me. Because I truly believe I'm a better leader. But that didn't happen.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #2299
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If the deaths at the hospital were related to terminally ill and suffering patients being put out of their misery, that may fit the MO of our two deaths, but not the accident.

Yeah, I was thinking of that possibility, too. We don't have enough info to know. The descriptions to me, though, sound more like malpractice, like Autumn says a couple posts above, than actual hands-on murder.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:58 PM   #2300
Autumn
Head Coach

My assumption is that each one of us has some disturbing secret in our past, and so that's not going to point us to the murderer. It may be that the clues will lead us to the particular dirty secret, or it may be that the clues to the murderer don't connect to their past, but to something else, like being resistant to the chemical we're being given.

So my thoughts are: A) Look for backgrounds and dirty secrets that connect to the facts of the case, such as the wire that has been used in all the murders. What kind of wire was it? Does that lead us to an electrician or something? B) Lead some sort of investigation into the chemicals we're being given and see if someone is resistant to it or reacting differently to it. Is this something our science team can research, or we can do in the medical center? C) Look at behavior in thread and try to guess the motives behind the various characters. What is the murderer's goal and how would they act in thread. Several players have acted curiously, to me, which suggest some sort of hidden goal, but is it one of a murderer or just being selfish?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote