Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #51
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

On the first play of the second half, Travis Dennis threw a interception that Winchell ran back for the TD, to make the score 14-7.

Another score by North made it 21-7 and driving down the field, Dennis threw another pick that led to a Winchell score, leaving it 21-14, North.

But a 97-yard kickoff return by North made it 28-14 with 1:53 left in the 4th quarter. Winchell rebounded though to score again and made it 28-21 with about a minute to go in the game.

With 24 seconds to go, North kicked a 43-yard field goal which made it 31-21 and sealed the victory for the North Wildcats!

San Alberto North are 2009 State Champions!

Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #52
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I'm going to start a new season tonight, I think.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #53
Kodos
Resident Alien

Pretty interesting dynasty. Keep it up!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:21 PM   #54
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

It's Season 2 and I've decided to just take over a team for an entire season, because it's easier that way.

This season, I've decided to take over Brennan High School in Brennan County. Brennan is a 1A school that's never won a state championship before. So this is going to be something of a daunting task, but I feel like they've got a good shot to do something after last season.

I don't do any of the recruiting, so it's all handled by the AI for all teams, btw.

We'll do a tour of Brennan and then I'll get into the season action, I guess.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #55
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Brennan County is wedged between San Alberto County and Winchell County. It's largely exurban these days, with a contigent that's more suburban, with exiles from San Alberto and to the north, a host of hamlet communities.

Brennan HS is the oldest high school in the county and serves most of the communities there. It's also the only one with a football team.

After going undefeated in non-conference games so far this year (3-0), the Bears of Brennan start the conference season at home against Governors School.

The team went 4-6 last year and 1-6 in conference, so there's nowhere to go but up, but it seems like the players have learned and fans are cautiously optimistic that this could be the breakout year for the squad.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #56
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Here's the Brennan HS Bears schedule:

Quote:
WEEK 1: BYE
WEEK 2: East (W, 48-7)
WEEK 3: Northwest (W, 38-3)
WEEK 4: @ Valley HS (W, 27-3)
WEEK 5: Governors School
WEEK 6: @ Central
WEEK 7: Hacienda
WEEK 8: Evergreen
WEEK 9: @ Winchell County
WEEK 10: Navy Prep
WEEK 11: North (San Alberto)
WEEK 12: Condotti-Vanguard
WEEK 13: @ Simmons
WEEK 14: BYE
WEEK 15: BYE

Favorable schedule with lots of home contests after a busy year last year on the road in the league half of the team's schedule.

Here are the key players on the ballclub:

QB Ryan Hoffman (Jr.)
He already has almost as many TDs in 3 games this year (11) than he had all of last year (12). He seems to have brought it all together and it'll be exciting to see him on the field.

HB Sam Berry (Jr.)
Not really a team known for its massive rushing attack, Berry is a weapon nonetheless. He's got 423 yards rushing on the season in the first three games (averaging 141 YPG so far this year) and just one rushing TD, but he's the sort of guy that can change the way the game plays in a hurry.

WR Andy Lee (Sr.)
He's already got 4 TDs on the year and has caught for 287 yards through the first three games. Part of a pretty deep corps of receivers, he's the sort of playmaker that we like to see.

WR Zach Reyes (Jr.)
He's caught 3 TDs already this year and is averaging 9.5 yards per catch on the season.

DT Justin Kendrick (Jr.)
He's logged 15 tackles (5 for a loss) and 2 sacks on the year so far.

ROLB Clint Robison (Sr.)
14 tackles through the first three games, is the sort of guy the team is counting on as the league season gets kicked off.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:51 PM   #57
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

GOVERNORS SCHOOL (2-0) @ BRENNAN (3-0)

Conference play is going to really give us a gauge of whether this team is serious or not. Running up the score on non-league opponents doesn't say much about METRO League teams and so, really, we're going to check it all out here.

WHO TO WATCH FOR: The G-Men have a killer QB in Senior Joe Perkins. He's thrown for 730 yards and 9 TDs so far this season with no picks. That's in two games mind you, so he might have designs on abusing the hell out of the Brennan secondary with their triple threat of receivers in Chaz Hudson, Andre Preston and Braylon Meeks who together already have 10 TDs on the year.

It'll be a tough test for the Bears. We'll see if they're ready.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:35 PM   #58
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Sam Berry is a monster. Really, I can't trust high school QBs because unless the team is killer, they're just too damn inconsistent.

So I put a lot on the shoulders of this kid to run the Bears into this game and he did just that with two big runs at critical points of the game.

After a fumble that gave the Statesmen a lead in the 3rd quarter, he redeemed himself with a 62 yard TD run with 2:34 in the 4th quarter to tie the game at 17-17 at Old Cub Field.

That gave Governors School Statesman and their high octane offense a chance to score, but the Bears defense held them to 3 and out after they ran to about midfield.

With a minute to go in the 4th quarter, the Bears offense needs to get within field goal range to avoid overtime or better yet, avoid making mistakes that gave the ball back to the Statesman who would surely know how to convert if giving another opportunity.

Sure enough, it didn't happen. Three and out and we had to punt it to Governors School squad that made us pay. With 5 seconds left, Joe Perkins threw a 65-yard bomb to Andre Preston to put the Statesmen up 24-17 and sure enough that's how the game would end.

THE GOOD NEWS: Brennan is for real. Governors School is a tough team. Even though Brennan beat them last year, this game was no walkover and if they're going to be a factor in the 1A/2A state championship race this year, these are the kinds of games that the Bears need to finish off.

THE BAD NEWS: The offense doesn't produce against top caliber teams like it needs to in order to win these kinds of games. Offensively, the running game did it's job, but the passing game was DOA. That has to change.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:16 PM   #59
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

WEEK 6: Brennan 28, Central (San Alberto) 12
Brennan (4-1), Central (3-3)

Ryan Hoffman was 18-31 for 319 yards passing and 2 TDs. Sam Berry chipped in 79 yards rushing on 21 attempts and 108 yards receiving and a TD. WR Andy Lee caught 6 balls for 106 yards and a score.

The Brennan train gets back on track after last week's setback against The Governors School.

STANDINGS AFTER WEEK 6
---------
1A-2A OVERALL CONF.
-----
Condotti-Vanguard (4-1) (2-0)
Governors School (3-1) (1-1)
Brennan (4-1) (1-1)
Winchell County (4-1) (1-1)
Evergreen (3-2) (1-2)
Simmons (3-2) (0-2)

3A-4A
-----
San Alberto North (4-0) (3-0)
Hacienda (4-1) (2-1)
Lake City (4-1) (1-1)
Three Lakes (3-1) (1-1)
Central (3-3) (1-1)
Metropolitan (1-3) (0-3)
Old 09-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #60
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The story is something like this. Without getting too far ahead of ourselves, if we can win out (a tall test, mind you) we still control our own destiny, because Governors School lost a conference game, so if we can beat Condotti-Vanguard then we'll likely win the small school state title and face off against someone else in the state championship.

Again, far away, but...it's good to have our eyes on the prize. But we can't go dropping games in any case.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #61
Rawhide
High School Varsity

Good luck! I'll be reading with interest.
The clouds methought would open and show riches ready to drop upon me, that, when I wak'd, I cried to dream again.
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:06 PM   #62
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

WEEK 7: Brennan (5-1) 36, Hacienda (4-2) 24
I was very proud to be a Bear tonight. The faithful were out in red and brown and despite being down 21-0, the Bears fight on, came back and put on a show for the faithful at home.

Sam Berry had 11 carries for 270 yards and a school record 5 touchdowns. The Hacienda defense had NO ANSWER for the Brennan rushing attack.

That's the story, really. No throwing, no nothing. The ground game owned and as a result, the Bears stay on track heading into the heart of their schedule.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-27-2009 at 11:29 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #63
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

WEEK 8: Brennan (6-1) 20, Evergreen (4-3) 12
Ryan Hoffamn went 10 for 23 for 113 yards with 2 TDs and 1 INTs. Sam Berry ran had 31 attempts for 96 yards. Two field goals made the game were the difference for Brennan in the win.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-27-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:14 AM   #64
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

WEEK 9: BRENNAN (7-1) 70, WINCHELL COUNTY (4-4) 7
Sam Berry had 7 carries for 317 yards for 5 TDs in another steamroller game, the biggest in Brennan High School history, as they shamed the Farmers of Winchell County 70-7.

Quote:
WEEK 1: BYE
WEEK 2: East (W, 48-7)
WEEK 3: Northwest (W, 38-3)
WEEK 4: @ Valley HS (W, 27-3)
WEEK 5: Governors School (L 17-24)
WEEK 6: @ Central (W, 28-12)
WEEK 7: Hacienda (W, 36-24)
WEEK 8: Evergreen (W, 20-12)
WEEK 9: @ Winchell County (W, 70-7)
WEEK 10: Navy Prep (W, 16-10)
WEEK 11: North (San Alberto)
WEEK 12: Condotti-Vanguard
WEEK 13: @ Simmons
WEEK 14: BYE
WEEK 15: BYE

After the Winchell County game, I simmed the Navy Prep game that we won 16-10. Three games left and they're all conference games. We pretty much need to win all of them to ensure we win the state title. We do indeed control our own destiny, because we're a game behind Condotti-Vanguard.

So we'll see how it goes the rest of the way out. San Alberto North is undefeated, so that's the toughest game on the schedule, Condotti-Vanguard only has one loss to date, so they're not going to be a pushover either.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:41 AM   #65
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

WEEK 11: Brennan 35, North 14
The Bears rushing attack was too much for San Alberto North who looked unsettled the whole game. Sam Berry had six carries for 248 yards and 4 TDs. It's the first time that Brennan has beat North in eleven years. Brennan is legit.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-28-2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:52 AM   #66
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

So it all comes down to this. Winner of the Brennan-Condotti Vanguard game, with the winner claiming the 1A/2A state championship, as The Governors School would likely need help to claim the title in the end.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:13 AM   #67
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Brennan (10-1) 39, Condotti-Vanguard (8-3) 29

Ryan Hoffman went 13 for 17 for 240 yards passing with a touchdown. Sam Berry had 9 carries for 209 yards and 4 TDs in the win. The win gave the Bears their school record tenth win of the season. Barring a loss at Simmons (4-6, 1-6) this coming week, the Bears should have clinched their first EVER 1A/2A State Championship!!!!!

Brennan (11-1) 28, Simmons (4-7) 10
Ryan Hoffman had a big passing day, completing 21 of 37 for 299 yards passing and 61 yards rushing and 2 TDs. Sam Berry chipped in 101 yards rushing, as the Brennan Bears win their first ever State Championship. Knocking off Hacienda and North in the same year is downright astounding and this year's team really has proven that anything is possible. Now, we'll have to see after Week 13, who will represent the 3A/4A division in the State Championship game.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-28-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:38 AM   #68
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

JEFFERSON HS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
3A/4A Champions v. 1A/2A Champions
San Alberto North (10-1) @ Brennan (11-1)

So it's a rematch. North will be drawing for blood in an attempt to repeat as Jefferson State Champions and downright incensed that they lost a game to a team they consider massively inferior, this one will be an all-out war.

Brennan never, ever expected to be in this position after winning just one conference game a year ago. But here they are. High school players can be so unpredictable, but the thing I've noticed about Brennan is that it's just a team effort in each game and a bunch of guys working together on all cylinders to do the unthinkable week in and week out.

That said, North is no joke and I think it might be really hard to beat them twice in one season, so if the Bears go down, the 1A/2A Division State Championship isn't a bad salve to their wound, neither is hosting the state championship for the first time ever.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:10 AM   #69
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

At halftime, Brennan leads 25-14. Brennan outgained North in total offense 333 to 180.

But in the second half, after an interception by Brennan that North failed to convert on, the North defense locked down and the offense capitalized and scored to make the score 25-21 with 1:34 left in the third quarter and remained that into the 4th quarter.

After another ill-advised missed field goal, North capitalized to go ahead 28-25 with 4:33 left in the 4th quarter. North stopped Brennan on 4th down on the next possession and scored again to take a 35-25 lead with 2:46 left in the game.

Brennan converted on the 4th down that would've ended their season and eventually scored and made the two-point conversion. With 1:43 left in the game, they were down 35-33 to North in another barn burner of a game...
Old 09-28-2009, 02:16 AM   #70
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Caught deep in their own territory, North make a mistake that cost them a safety with less than 30 seconds to go, tying the game at 35-35 and sending it to overtime. The state title will be decided by bonus football!
Old 09-28-2009, 02:18 AM   #71
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

North kicked a field goal to make the game 38-35 with Brennan getting the ball in overtime now.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:34 AM   #72
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Sam Berry had 3 TDs in the game, but the game winning score came from Ryan Banks, who scored on a 14 yard rush to clinch the game for the Brennan Bears. Final score Brennan 41, North 38

BRENNAN HIGH SCHOOL ARE STATE CHAMPIONS

They are the first 1A school to EVER claim the consolidated state championship.