Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-23-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

TEW 08 DOTT: Stampede Wrestling

The territories generally revered for how strong they were in America, but no territory was as physical and brutal at Stampede Wrestling, tucked away in Calgary, Alberta, CA.

With a small roster, they managed to have wrestling matches with clean finishes and tons of violence, and it helped endear them to the blue collar fans they attracted.

In Canada there are only 5 promotions, so the Great White North is ripe for the taking, but who will prevail? And most importantly will it lead to world domination?

We shall see as the story of Stampede evolves.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The Wrestling World as of April 1983

#1 - WWF (Cult)
#2 - AJPW (Cult)
#3 - NJPW (Cult)
#4 - AWA (Cult)
#5 - MACW (Cult)
#6 - GCW (Cult)
#7 - WCCW (Cult)
#8 - WWC (Cult)
#9 - CMLL (Cult)
#10 - CWF (Regional)

And in Canada:

#1 - IWA (Regional)
#2 - MLW (Regional)
#3 - Stampede (Regional)
#4 - AGPW (Regional)
#5 - ASW (Regional)

I'll expand further on these later.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede Wrestling Overview

Owner: Stu Hart
Home Territory: The Prairies
Money: $100,000
Prestige: E+

Popularity

The Maritimes: 20.0%
Quebec: 20.0%
Ontario: 25.0%
The Prairies: 40.0%
British Columbia: 25.0%

Everywhere else is 0%

Schedule

Every Tuesday is Stampede Wrestling with is an hour TV show that airs on a late night slot late night every Tuesday. I am not really sure what to do as far as adding a second weekly show. We'll see how the first month goes finance wise.

Titles

CSW North American Champion (B-): Leo Burke
CSW British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight Champion (C): Bruce Hart
CSW International Tag Team Champions (C+): Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito
Old 09-23-2009, 01:01 AM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede Roster

Main Eventers

Leo Burke (1800/show)
Bruce Hart (800/show)
Dynamite Kid (1000/show)
Bret Hart (800/show)
Bad News Allen (1000/show)

Upper Midcarders

Bobby Bass (800/show)
Loch Ness Monster (800/show)
Gama Singh (1000/show)
Davey Boy Smith (800/show)
Jim Neidhart (800/show)

Midcarders

Ron Ritchie (500/show)
Makhan Singh (500/show)
Mr. Hito (800/show)
Duke Myers (500/show)
Hubert Gallant (800/show)
Larry Cameron (500/show)
Steve DiSalvo (800/show)

Lower Midcarder

Terry Sawyer (350/show)
Super Strong Machine (350/show)
Ben Bassarab (350/show)
Karl Moffat (500/show)

Opener

Leatherface (350/show)
Ken Wayne (400/show)
Dan Davis (350/show)

Enhancement Talent

Hito Saito (350/show)

Occasional Wrestler

Mongolian Stomper (2200/show)
Gil Hayes (500/show)

Managers

JR Foley (1200/show)

Announcers

Ed Whalen (1500/written)
Brian Dance (600/show)

Others

Stu Hart (800/show)
John Kobal (400/show)
Keith Hart (2000/written)

Obviously we have a plethora of amazing young talent in Bret Hart, Davey Boy Smith, Dynamite Kid, Jim Neidhart, Gama Singh and even a 31 year old Bad News Brown. We have some other guys who can go who are far older in Leo Burke, the Mongolian Stomper, Bobby Bass and the Loch Ness Monster.

We have to limit how we use those older guys though as they make a ton of money and I am worried that it will come back to bite me if I try and do too much with all of them.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 09-23-2009 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:25 AM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Owner Goals

- CSW cannot fall into debt (Critical)
- Hubert Gallant must reach B momentum (High)
- Gama Singh must reach B Momentum (High)
- No hiring anyone under D - toughness (Average)
- No hiring anyone under D - resilience (Average)
Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 AM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

News Around the Wrestling World

- Terry Funk & Ivan Koloff win the Mid Atlantic Crockett Cup, beating the Briscoe Brothers in the Main Event (B-). They would also defeat Dizzy Ed Hogan & Dick Slater and Roddy Piper & Bob Orton Jr in route to the championship.

- Shockingly rumors are out that Terry Funk needs a break from his grueling schedule.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:41 AM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Tuesday, Week 1, April 1983
Fort McMurray Arena (Prairies)
950 People

Stampede opens up with the Bulldogs coming out to the ring to a rousing ovation. Dynamite Kid handles the talking cutting to the chase by demanding a Tag Team Title match vs Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito. He promises that the Bulldogs will not disappoint (D)

Bret Hart defeated Ron Ritchie in 9:40 by submission with a Sharpshooter (C-)

Loch Ness Monster defeated Bruce Hart in 8:28 by pinfall with a Double Elbow Drop (D)

Dynamite Kid defeated Ken Wayne in 9:46 by pinfall with an Inverted Piledriver (C)

Ed Whalen comes out to interview resident tough guy Bad News Allen. Allen says that everyone in Calgary knows who he is, and it isn't just because he's the only black guy in town. Allen says Stampede prides itself on being tough, but no one in the promotion is as tough as he is. Allen says he is now going to offer people every week the chance to prove their toughness against him until their is no one left (B-)

Bad News Allen defeated Davey Boy Smith in 13:03 by pinfall with a Ghetto Blaster (D+)

Show Rating: D+
Old 09-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

News Around the Wrestling World

- MACW has officially signed a Closed Circuit PPV deal.

- Nick Bockwinkle beat Hulk Hogan to retain his AWA title (B+)

- Stan Hansen wins the AJPW Champion's Carnival tournament, defeating the Giant Baba in the Main Event (C+)

- Roy Shire took control of Houston Championship Wrestling

- GCW signs a deal with Closed Circuit PPV.

- AWA signs a deal with Closed Circuit PPV.

- Jack Briscoe announces he will be retiring.

- MLW gets to work, signing Adrian Adonis, Greg Valentine and Roddy Piper. While we are not direct competition right now, we will be (hopefully) soon.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #9
Travis
Pro Rookie

Now this is a trip down memory lane. Definitely looking forward to following along and I can hear Whalen's voice on the TV.

Good stuff!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Now this is a trip down memory lane. Definitely looking forward to following along and I can hear Whalen's voice on the TV.

Good stuff!

Feel free to throw out ideas and such. I know a good portion of the roster but I am referring to Google quite a bit on some other stuff. I am looking forward to it though, well, until I am raped of the Bulldogs and such.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #11
Travis
Pro Rookie

All my memories of Stampede are from when I was really little. I remember the Harts and the British Bulldogs and just how ferocious the "bad guys" seemed on TV. Whalen was pretty much magic with his performance and that's one guy you should find a way to keep locked up (not sure if that'd ever get difficult in the game).

Aside from that though, the goals seem to fit the promotion's style awfully well. Would be nice to see you be able to grow enough to keep the Hart's, but having never played the game, not sure how realistic that is.

That said, this may inspire me to do some research into the promotion so if I find any resources of note I'll pass them along for sure.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:43 PM   #12
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede Wrestling
Tuesday, Week 2, April 1983
AB - Jubliee Recreation Center (Prairies)
994 People -- 1000 Capacity

Stampede Wrestling opens up with Bruce Hart in the backstage interview area, his ribs taped up after a brutal match with the Loch Ness Monster last week. He says tonight he has a shot at the International Tag Team Titles with Ben Bassarab and he is going to make sure the Hart family legacy continues with another title added to the collection -- All of a sudden Ed Whalen yells look out to Bruce but it is too late as Bad News Allen hits Bruce with a steel chair across the head, and proceeds to lay heavy boots into his already battered ribs. Allen then grabs Ed Whalen and says "NO ONE IS TOUGHER THEN ME, ESPECIALLY NOT THOSE STUPID HARTS!" (C)

Hubert Gallant defeated Ron Ritchie in 9:06 by pinfall (D)

Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito come out to the ring prior to their Tag Team Title defense. The Anvil handles all of the talking duties, suggesting that the Bulldogs challenge was a waste of breath and if they want a shot, they need to earn it. And to earn it, they have to win a match next week against opponents of the champs choosing! (D+)

Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito defeated Bruce Hart and Ben Bassarab in 9:49 when Jim Neidhart defeated Ben Bassarab by pinfall with an Anvil Flattener. Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito make defence number 1 of their CSW International Tag Team titles (D+)

After the match, Gama Singh saunters to the ring with a smirk on his face. He looks at a battered and beaten Bruce Hart and then at his Mid-Heavyweight Title. He says he is officially challenging Bruce to a Title Match in two weeks at the big Stampede Showdown card! Bruce gets on the mic and says if Singh can win tonight in the Main Event of the evening he is on (D+)

Gama Singh drew with Dynamite Kid in 20:00 when the time limit expired (C)

Show Rating: C -

Last edited by DeToxRox : 09-23-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Around the Wrestling World

- I liked this episode of Stampede. Obviously having Dynamite go to a draw with Gama doesn't do much for him but he helps build some credibility for Gama Singh heading into his match with Bruce Hart. The underlying theme here is Bruce is going to make an eventual heel turn and feel slighted by everyone on the roster, becoming a total paranoid but it'll be a slow build.

- Since Stu wants Galant to be at B momentum we will feed him some guys on the undercard as we build him up and put him over. He will eventually move into a meaningful program but it'll take a little time.

- Bad News continues to be a loose cannon. I won't spoil this storyline but hopefully all the key components stay on because it will lead to huge money I am almost positive.

- HCW is spending big bucks, signing Don Muraco, Buzz Sawyer, George Scott and Gordon Solie.

- WWF held Tuesday Night Titans, headlined by Don Muraco beating Pedro Morales (B)

- Mid South Wrestling held a show in Dallas, headlined by JYD retaining his title over Ted DiBiase (B-)

- Pacific Wrestling has new Tag Team Champions, as Rip Rogers and Buddy Rose defeated Stan Stasiak & Billy Jack to win the titles (C+)

- Pacific held Big Time Wrestling, headlined by Rip Oliver beating Jules Strongbow (B-)

- AWA holds All Star Wrestling with Bockwinkle & Patera beating Blackwell & Brunzell (B)

- Jacques Rougeau defeated Gillies Poisson for the IWA International Heavyweight Title (C+)

- Abdullah the Butcher & Invader II beat Carlos Colon and The Invader to win the WWC World Tag Team Titles (B)

- Ole Anderson & Tommy Rich defeated the Road Warriors for the GCW National Tag Team Titles (C+)

- Adrian Adonis defeated Tiger Jeet Singh for the vacant NWA Canadian Heavyweight Title (C)

- MACW's TV show is in trouble with poor ratings on TBS.

- The Assassin joins HCW, while Hector Guerrero will be heading to Canada for MLW.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:29 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede Wrestling
Tuesday, Week 3, April 1983
MB - Winkler Arena (Prairies)
920 people -- 1000 capacity

Leo Burke comes out to the ring proudly wearing his CSW North American Title. He says that in two weeks Stampede Wrestling will hold Stampede Showdown and he still needs a match so he is offering a title shot to the winner of a 10 man battle royal next week on Stampede TV! (C+)

Steve DiSalvo defeated Ben Bassarab in 5:40 by pinfall with a Running Clothesline (D-)

Bad News Allen is walking backstage when he is attacked by Bruce Hart. Hart gains the upper hand at first but Allen begins to get the advantage until backstage officials break it up. Bruce suggests they take it to the ring and Allen agrees (C)

Bad News Allen defeated Bruce Hart in 10:38 by pinfall with a Ghetto Blaster (C-)

Jim Neidhart comes out as the special guest ring announcer for the next match. First he introduces the Bulldogs, then announces their opponents the Loch Ness Monster and Bobby Bass! (C)

The Bulldogs defeated Loch Ness Monster and Bobby Bass in 8:42 when Dynamite Kid defeated Bobby Bass by pinfall with a Diving Headbutt (C)

Bret Hart drew with Gama Singh in 16:13 following a double disqualification when Bad News Allen and Bruce Hart both interfered (C+) All four men begin to brawl when Ed Whalen comes out and says he has been told that next week it'll be a tag team match as the Harts battle Bad News Allen and Gama Singh with the stipulation that if Singh and Allen wins, Singh gets a title shot vs Bruce at the Showdown! (C+)

Show Rating: C
Old 09-23-2009, 11:48 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

- Loved the show. Gama Singh keeps hanging in vs top faces but can't seem to win. He now has one last chance before the Showdown to win a title shot or he is out of luck.

- Bad News Allen continues to be a thorn in the side of, well, everyone in CSW. He now has a golden opening to take a shot at all of Stampede by winning next week's battle royal.

- The Bulldogs have their Tag Team Title match and I will be disappointed if it does not deliver at least a C rating. Dynamite Kid is just so good it's not even funny.

- AWA holds their first PPV, doing a 0.35 buy rate. The main event saw Nick Bockwinkel once again retain his AWA World Title by defeating Hulk Hogan (B+)

- HCW continues an amazing hiring spree, picking up Larry Zbysko, Tommy Rich and Paul Orndorff.

- Harley Race and Stan Hansen have the first A match in our universe at an AJPW Civil War tour show.

- Gino Hernandez signs a deal with MLW.

- Hulk Hogan and Wahoo McDaniel defeat Ray Stevens and Nick Bockwinkel at the AWA All Star Wrestling show (B)

- El Santo, Bobo Brazil, Paul Boesch and Mr. Wrestling all announce their intentions to retire.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:56 PM   #16
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede Wrestling
Tuesday, Week 4, April 1983
SK - Centennial Civic Center (Prairies)
904 people -- 1000 capacity

Bad News Allen and Gama Singh defeated Bruce & Bret Hart in 7:32 when Bad News Allen defeated Bret Hart by pinfall with a Ghetto Blaster (C-) After the match an annoyed Bruce stares angrily at Bret for costing him the match and giving Gama Singh a title shot (C-)

Dynamite Kid defeated Jim Neidhart in 15:12 by pinfall with a Diving Headbutt (C) After the match Mr. Hito hits the ring, causing Davey Boy Smith to make a save. The two teams brawl to the back (D+)

Leo Burke comes out and says in just a few moments he will find out who his opponent will be in just 5 days. He says no matter who wins they really do not stand much of a shot (B-)

Bad News Allen won a battle royal in 17:54. The final four competitors also included Loch Ness Monster, Bruce Hart and Dynamite Kid, with Loch Ness Monster being the final elimination (C)

Old 09-24-2009, 12:10 AM   #17
DeToxRox
Head Coach

- Another show I absolutely loved. Obviously Bruce is pissed off that brother Bret loses for his team and now going to fight Gama Singh because of it.

- Bad News Allen is now set to take on Leo Burke at the Showdown and he is on a roll. Things could get really ugly there.

- Dynamite and Neidhart showed great chemistry as the Bulldogs have the momentum going into their match.

- CWA holds their end of the month Supercard, headlined by The Fabulous Ones retained their titles beating Jesse Ventura and Austin Idol (B-)

- Ted DiBiase and Dick Murdoch won the Mid South Tag Titles defeating Mr. Wrestling II and Tiger Conway Jr (B-)

- Bob Backlund beat Don Muraco on WWF All-Star Wrestling to retain the WWF World Title (B+)

- Steve Keirn, Michael Hayes, Manny Fernandez and Jay Youngblood all sign with HCW.

- Harley Race wins the Central States Heavyweight Title defeating Dewey Robertson (B-)

- WWF holds their End of the Month show, with Backlund retaining over Sika (B-) Also on the show, Sgt. Slaughter beat Andre the Giant (B+)

- GCW held their first PPV, doing a 0.23 buy, headlined by Ole Anderson and Tommy Rich successfully defending their titles over the Spoiler and Road Warrior Hawk (B-)
Old 09-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede Showdown
Saturday, Week 4, April 1983
Fort McMurray Arena (Prairies)
1000 People -- Sellout

Bret Hart defeated Loch Ness Monster in 6:37 by submission with a Sharpshooter (C)

Bobby Bass defeated Ron Ritchie in 7:43 by pinfall (D-)

Gama Singh defeated Bruce Hart in 12:37 by pinfall. Gama Singh wins the British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight title (C-) After the match Gama Singh holds his title over a fallen Bruce Hart much to the chagrin of the pro Hart crowd (C-)

Ed Whalen breaks down the tag team title match between the Bulldogs and Jim Neidhart and Mr. Hito (D)

The Bulldogs drew with Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito in 20:00 when the time limit expired (C) The crowd chants for 5 more minutes but the champs will have none of it and escape to the back clutching their titles (C-)

Bad News Allen shows up before the Main Event, interrupting Ed Whalen on the broadcast. He shoves him aside and says tonight Leo Burke finds out what a stampede feels like! (C)

Bad News Allen defeated Leo Burke in 18:51 by pinfall with a Ghetto Blaster. Bad News Allen wins the CSW North American Heavyweight title (C) After the match Bad News Allen whips Leo Burke with his title belt showing not only disrespect to Burke, but his title as well (C)

Old 09-24-2009, 04:26 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede: April 1983 Review

We start May where we started April as far as being #3 in the Regional Battles in every region of Canada. No changes in the 5 promotions, but I expect MLW has increased it's lead quite a bit.

Now onto popularity:

The Maritimes: 20.6 (up .6)
Quebec: 20.6 (up .6)
Ontario: 25.2 (up .2)
The Prairies: 41.8 (up 1.8)
British Columbia: 25.2 (up .2)

No complaints here. We're making progress.

Finances

Ticket Sales: 22,360
TV Revenue: 30,000
Sponsors: 31,204
Merchandise: 11,920
Misc: 2,088

Workers: 51,000
Show Costs: 5,100
Marketing: 5,000
Merchandise: 4,008
Production: 1,600
Development: 0
Misc: 1,500

Performance: 29,264

So we make nearly 30K in profit this month which is great. I am not worried about expanding rapidly, just mainly I want to build a war chest and be able in a year to be around and a force, but with that said we will look to add new talent and add two shows a month that will visit other regions to help us.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:36 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

- The month end show was quite good. We had two new champs, and a good tag team match that has left that feud unsettled. We will go into more with all of that later but there will be some big things going down soon.

- We sign Dave Schultz to an 800/show deal. He gives us another solid hand that will come in as a midcarder and work his way up to the food chain. The one problem is he is a heel and we have tons of heels and could use a little more balance but I am working on fixing that.

- WCCW had their month end show, headlined by David and Kerry Von Erich beating Michael Hayes and Buddy Rogers (C+)

- GCW loses their TV shot on TBS.

- Bob Backlund signs a deal with NJPW.

- Mid Atlantic has their show pulled from TBS.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede Wrestling
Tuesday, Week 1, May 1983
SK - Weyburn Colosseum (The Prairies)
944 People -- 1000 Capacity

Hubert Gallant defeated Terry Sawyer in 6:05 by pinfall (D-)

Dave Schultz defeated Ron Ritchie in 8:33 by pinfall with a Corkscrew Elbowdrop (D) After the match J.R. Foley comes down to the ring and says he is recruiting the best and most feared wrestlers in Stampede to take the promotion over and bring it to it's knees, and he wants Dave Schultz to be a part of it. Schutlz smiles and extends his hand to a chorus of boos (D)

Jim Neidhart defeated Bruce Hart in 9:58 by pinfall with an Anvil Flattener (D)

Backstage we witness chaos as wrestlers and agents are trying to get new champion Bad News Allen off of Bret Hart who has attacked for no apparent reason (B-)

Mongolian Stomper defeated Bret Hart in 12:45 by count out (C-) After the match, Bad News Allen comes out to the ring and says that since he got to Stampede he has been victimized by racial prejudice and jealousy from wrestlers who wish they could be as good as he was. He says Stu Hart fined him $1000 for disrespecting the North American Title, so now he is daring him to fine him for disrespecting the Hart family. He says that Stu doesn't have the nerve to even try it! (B-)

Show Rating: D

Last edited by DeToxRox : 10-01-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:51 PM   #22
DeToxRox
Head Coach

- A bad night of action, or at least a disappointing one. No matches stuck out, though we had 5 guys working NJPW which didn't help matters, but oh well. Bad News continues his angle which is good but beyond that it is what it is.

- Antonio Inoki wins NJPW MSG League tournament for the 5th time, defeating Hulk Hogan (C+) in the finals.

- Junkyard Dog retains his North American Heavyweight Title in Mid-South, defeating Ted DiBiase (B)

- "Bullet" Bob Armstrong has joined HCW.

- Jules Strongbow wins the PNW Heavyweight Title, beating Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan (C-)

- Adrian Adonis retains the Southwest Heavyweight Title, beating Manny Fernandez (B)

- We sign Iron Mike Sharpe to a 1000/show deal. He will come in as a much needed face.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:07 PM   #23
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede Wrestling: On the Road
Saturday, Week 1, May 1983
SK - Estevan Civic Auditorium
929 People -- 1000 People

Hubert Gallant defeated Bruce Hart in 8:57 by pinfall (D+) After the match, Bruce Hart, obviously distraught about losing yet again, begins kicking the ropes and swearing as some in the crowd start to boo him (D+)

Iron Mike Sharpe defeated Steve DiSalvo in 11:45 by pinfall (D) After the match, Mike Sharpe takes a microphone and says he is a Canadian guy who is happy to be home which gets a nice pop from the crowd (D)

Leo Burke defeated Mongolian Stomper in 8:51 by pinfall (C) After the match Leo Burke says he wants a rematch for his title and he wants it at the end of the month! (B-)

Davey Boy Smith says that Dynamite is unavailable tonight because of a match with Gama Singh but he wants his hands on Neidhart and Hito, so he and Bret Hart are going to take them on tonight! (D)

Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito defeated Davey Boy Smith and Bret Hart in 29:42 when Jim Neidhart defeated Bret Hart by pinfall with an Anvil Flattener following interference from Gama Singh (C)

Gama Singh defeated Dynamite Kid in 34:22 by count out. Gama Singh makes defence number 1 of his British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight title (C-) After the match Jim Neidhart and Mr. Hito come out and handcuff Dynamite Kid to the ropes, and begin to lay into him with vicious chair shots. As Davey Boy and Bret Hart try to make the save, Gama Sing adds a chair and helps keep them at bay (C-)

Show Rating: C -
Old 10-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #24
PilotMan
Head Coach

Good stuff, I like the storylines so far.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:00 AM   #25
DeToxRox
Head Coach

- Our first venture On the Road was a moderate success. We're staying in the Prairies for now until we build that fan base up more, but every show is building up the popularity which is nice.

- The show itself was decent. We need to work on some things but it laid down the groundwork for some future events which is what it's about.

- Polynesian Pro Wrestling crowned a new champ, as Antonio Inoki beat Kevin Sullivan for the title (C+)

- Jack Brisoce has officially retired.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:11 AM   #26
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede Wrestling
Tuesday, Week 2, May 1983
AB - Fort McMurray Arena
1000 People -- Sellout

Stampede Wrestling opens up with the Dynamite Kid in the ring with Ed Whelan. He says that he has a lot of issues with people in Stampede right now, from Hito and Neidhart to Gama Singh, to the champ himself, Bad News Allen. He says Bad News has skated by for a long time just attacking unsuspecting wrestlers and showing blatant disrespect to the business Dynamite has worked so hard to build, so tonight, Dynamite is officially challenging Bad News to step up and be a man! (B-)

Gama Singh defeated Ron Ritchie in 9:42 by pinfall. Gama Singh makes defence number 2 of his British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight title (D+) After the match Bret Hart comes out and says in Stampede interference is for the weak. He wants Gama Singh to put up or shut up and fight him legit with the title on the line! Then as he finishes, J.R. Foley comes out and says he now represents Mr. Singh, and there will be no title match! (B-)

Leo Burke defeated Loch Ness Monster in 7:31 by pinfall (C-) Bad News Allen comes out and says he is in a good mood today, so he is accpeting Leo Burke's challenge for the end of the month, and Dynamite's challenge for tonight! (B-)

Bad News Allen drew with Dynamite Kid in 15:00 when the time limit expired (C) After the match, as the crowd chants "five more minutes", Neidhart and Hito are back again looking for blood. Only this time Davey Boy and Leo Burke run out in time for a save, leading to a massive brawl as Stampede goes off the air (C+)

Old 10-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #27
DeToxRox
Head Coach

- An excellent show with a good main event. Because of the fallout from that match, a six man tag match has been made for the next episode of Stampede Wrestling to set up our end of May show.

- Sgt. Slaughter defeats Bob Backlund on Tuesday Night Titans (B+)

- Mid South has a great tag match at their weekly show, as JYD and Mr. Wrestling II d. Ted DiBiase and Mr. Olympia (B+)

- David & Kerry Von Erich d. Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy at the World Class show (B)

- Nick Bockwinkel d. Greg Gagne (A) at AWA All Star Wrestling

- Blue Demon announces his retirement.

- Davey Boy Smith is named a rising star by the dirtsheets.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #28
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede Wrestling
Tuesday, Week 3, May 1983
AB - Jubilee Recreation Center (The Prairies)
972 People -- 1000 capacity

Iron Mike Sharpe defeated Makhan Singh in 9:49 by pinfall (D)

Bret Hart defeated Steve DiSalvo in 10:36 by submission with a Sharpshooter (D+) After the match Bret Hart gets on the mic and says he doesn't know J.R. Foley's deal but he is going to prove he deserves a title shot by taking on his latest acquisition, Dave Schultz, next week on Stampede Wrestling! (C)

We cut to the back where the Bulldogs and Leo Burke are getting ready for their Main Event match tonight vs Bad News Allen, Jim Neidhart and Mr. Hito. Leo Burke says it'll be foreshadowing to the end of the month tonight when he pins Bad News! (C)

Leo Burke and The Bulldogs defeated Bad News Allen and Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito in 20:31 when Leo Burke defeated Mr. Hito by pinfall (C-)

Show Rating: C-

Last edited by DeToxRox : 10-07-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:09 AM   #29
DeToxRox
Head Coach

- Another good show. Just a continuation of our storylines as we slow build to bigger and better things.

- Bob Backlund d. Don Muraco (A) to retain his WWF World Title on Tuesday Night Titans.

- JYD beats Dick Murdoch (B+) at the weekly Mid-South show.

- Giant Baba & Jumbo Tsuruta d. Terry Funk & Stan Hansen (A) to retain the NWA International Tag Team Titles on the AJPW tour.

- Nick Bockwinkel d. Wahoo McDaniel (B+) to retain the AWA World Heavyweight Title at the weekly AWA show.

- Kevin Von Erich breaks his wrist but plans to work through the injury.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:26 AM   #30
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede Wrestling On the Road
Saturday, Week 3, May 1983
MB - Winkler Arena (The Prairies)
1000 People -- Sellout

We open up with Bret Hart and the Bulldogs in the ring. They say tonight the TV station can't interfere with how violent they plan to get, so they want Gama Singh, Neidhart & Hito in a No DQ brawl tonight! (C)

Iron Mike Sharpe defeated Duke Myers in 7:53 by pinfall (D)

Hubert Gallant defeated Bruce Hart in 8:15 by pinfall (D+)

Before the six man tag, the heels hit ambush the faces to kick start the brawl (D+) Bret Hart and The Bulldogs defeated Gama Singh and Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito in 22:31 when Bret Hart defeated Gama Singh by submission with a Sharpshooter (C)

Bad News Allen defeated Ron Ritchie in 10:07 by pinfall with a Ghetto Blaster (D+) Bad News Allen gets on the mic and says the brawl he saw before his match got him thinking that if Leo Burke is gettin' his title shot, it's gonna be a Ghetto Streetfight! (C+)

Leo Burke defeated Mongolian Stomper in 6:47 by pinfall (C+) After the match Bad News Allen comes out and just lays to waste Leo Burke. Then in an act of total depravity, he piledrives Burke through the time keepers table as the packed crowd sits in stunned silence (B)

Old 10-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #31
DeToxRox
Head Coach

- A great show for us, leading in nicely to the final stretch before the end of the month show. The Bad News Allen attack at the end has us set up for the big showdown at the end of the month. All of our feuds are looking solid as the slow build continues.

- Davey Boy Smith has a Type IV AC Joint separation. He will be able to work through the injury.

- Bobo Brazil and Mr. Wrestling officially retire.

- Mid South holds their end of the month show, with Ted DiBiase & Dick Murdoch beat Junkyard Dog & Mr. Wrestling to retain the Tag Team Titles (B)

- Larry Zbyszko d. Ricky Steamboat (C+) to win the HCW International Title
Old 10-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #32
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede Wrestling
Tuesday, Week 4, May 1983
SK - Centennial Civic Center (The Prairies)
968 People -- 1000 capacity

Ed Whalen and Bret Hart open up the show with Hart promising to beat Dave Schultz tonight so he can get his hands on Gama Singh and bring home the title to Canada (C+)

Bret Hart defeated Dave Schultz in 12:52 by submission with a Sharpshooter (C-) After the match Gama Singh comes to the ring and along with Schultz and Foley begins to destroy Bret Hart, leaving him lying in a pool of blood (C)

Hubert Gallant defeated Ben Bassarab in 11:24 by pinfall (D-)

Bad News Allen defeated Iron Mike Sharpe in 12:31 by pinfall with a Ghetto Blaster (C-) After the match Bad News begins laying into Mike Sharpe, all the while yelling "Leo!" at him. This brings Leo Burke out for the save as he chases Bad News out of the ring (B-)

Show Rating: C-
Old 10-07-2009, 02:36 PM   #33
DeToxRox
Head Coach

- We had another solid show as we build towards the end of the month supercard. Not much else to say with this one other then things will really kickstart soon.

- Sgt. Slaughter and Andre the Giant went to a Time Limit Draw (A) on Tuesday Night Titans

- AJPW had an A show on their current tour, headlined by Jumbo Tsuruta d. Terry Funk (A)

- WWF's end of the month show is headlined by Bob Backlund retaining his title over Sgt. Slaughter (B+)
Old 10-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #34
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stampede Spectacular
Saturday, Week 4, May 1983
SK - Estevan Civic Center (The Prairies)
1000 People -- Sellout

Iron Mike Sharpe defeated Loch Ness Monster in 8:56 by pinfall (D+)

Hubert Gallant defeated Ron Ritchie in 9:49 by pinfall (D)

J.R. Foley comes out with his collection of wrestlers, but spends 5 minutes boasting about Gama Singh. He promises the Foley Family will once again prevail vs the evil Harts! (C+)

Gama Singh defeated Bret Hart in 16:52 by pinfall after hitting Bret Hart with brass knuckles. Gama Sing makes defence #2 of his British Commonwealth Middleweight Title (C+)

The Bulldogs come out for their match with Ed Whelan noting that Davey Boy Smith's shoulder is very injured and could cost the Bulldogs the match (C-)

Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito defeated The Bulldogs in 13:10 when Jim Neidhart defeated Davey Boy Smith by pinfall with an Anvil Flattener. Jim Neidhart & Mr. Hito make defence number 3 of their CSW International Tag Team titles (C+) Afterward a battered Davey Boy Smith grabs a mic and says he cost Dynamite a shot at the titles and he has to make it up to him. He says the Bulldogs want one last match next month and if they lose, Davey will leave Stampede! (C)

Bad News Allen defeated Leo Burke in 14:31 by pinfall with a Ghetto Blaster. Bad News Allen makes defence number 1 of his CSW North American Heavyweight title (C)