Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-28-2009, 04:55 AM   #1
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

The Work Out Dynasty

I recently moved to State College, PA. My first month here, I took advantage of the YMCA across the street and was working out every day. However, I haven't gone one time in September and that needs to change.

The goal of this dynasty is track how often I'm working out and track the effects. I think "seeing" the numbers here will motivate me, and seeing this dynasty sitting here unused will hopefully make me feel guilty for not going.

I'm about to go to bed, but when I wake up tomorrow I'll head to the gym.

I'm also going to pick up a scale so I can weigh myself every week and track my progress. But for tonight, I'll just briefly describe where I'm starting.

- I just turned 23 years old
- I'm 5'7 or 5'8, and weigh approximately 178 pounds.
- I typically fluctuate between 175 and 185, more recently 185 .
- I love eating, but my diet isn't terrible*

* So, my diet. I haven't eaten fast food in 5 years. I eat fried food maybe once or twice a year. I love to snack though. I always describe myself as someone who eats healthy meals but ruins it with snacks. I will say that I ALWAYS get a more sensible option when it exists. For example, when I want chips, pretzels, cheese-it's, I get the low-fat version.

My meals are fairly healthy. My girlfriend is kind of a nut when it comes to cooking and everything she cooks is healthy. We eat lots of tofu chicken/burgers, and never use red meat.

The real issue is just staying active. I've always been a snacker (I was actually worse when I was younger, eating fast food often) but working out has always worked. It's just a matter of sticking with it. I love video games (like everyone else here!) and my job and other hobbies aren't active at all.

Another goal I'd like to accomplish is to get on a normal sleep schedule. I worked nights for the past six months and now that I'm done with that, I still haven't been able to sleep like a normal human being.

So...the goals:

1) Get down to 165 pounds through working out at least 30 minutes every day.
2) Do some kind of other "active" activity for 30 minutes every day.
3) Focus on losing weight in the belly/chest area.
4) Cut back on snacks, and keep eating healthy meals.
5) Drink more water.
6) Sleep like a normal person. (Completed)

Hope you follow along. I might need a push or three. If I don't post in the thread on a certain day, please feel free to call me out.

I think that covers it. See you tomorrow!

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 10-06-2009 at 01:04 AM.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:19 AM   #2
BYU 14
Coordinator

It's after 8 back where you are, you better be up and at the gym!!!

I'll be following, as always during Football season my fitness goes to hell, so as soon as our season is over I will be on a serious workout kick too. In the meantime it will be 30 minute walks after practice for me.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
Lorena
Unregistered

Good for your JetsIn06! I'll be following along and will definitely be bumping this thread if I don't see any action in 2 days or so

I started a C25K thread in this forum to keep track of my journey from Couch to 5K and hope you peek in there every once in a while and definitely give me a kick in the butt if you don't see it in a while.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I'm a day late.

Yesterday, I tried to stay awake throughout the day so I could go to sleep early and get my schedule back on track. That was not a good idea.

1) I crashed, and I ended up sleeping 7 hours. I woke up at around 7:30 PM having absolutely no idea how I got into bed. Sleep deprivation makes me weird.

2) I woke up with one of the worst headaches I've ever had. I stayed awake for about 3 hours and then went to lay down and fell asleep again until 1 AM.

However, even though I did not get to work out yesterday, I really think it helped me get my sleep back on track. I basically woke up at 1AM and stayed up until 5:30. I fell asleep pretty fast because I still wasn't feeling well and then woke up at 9AM.

So, I've made it until now (7:30 PM) and I can definitely make it to midnight. I'll then go to sleep and that should get me back on track.

Workout: Day 1

I just got back from the gym. I'm so out of shape. I've always been able to run a mile or two with no issue, and that hasn't changed. But I've really only lifted for a good amount of time twice in my whole life. One time was two years ago for about two months, and the other time was right after I moved here for about one month.

My body just was in shock. I did 10 minutes on the elliptical and then lifted for 20 minutes and wow...It was a good workout, but I didn't last long at all. It's definitely a little frustrating but I know that it will get better after going more often.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Easiest way to avoid eating snacks - don't have them in the house and don't carry cash (for vending machines).
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:07 AM   #6
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Hi, how's it goin'?
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
NiteMaestro
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Easiest way to avoid eating snacks - don't have them in the house and don't carry cash (for vending machines).

When you get the munchies... Drink water instead.
NiteMaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:00 AM   #8
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I suck.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #9
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

dola

Okay, I am going to the gym today FOR SURE.

Bad weekend. Girlfriends parents came here to visit for three days and I didn't work out, but we did go downtown and walk ALL DAY. So, it's not a total bust but god damn I suck.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:04 AM   #10
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Oh yea, I can officially cross of one of the goals as completed.

6) Sleep like a normal person. (Completed)
Old 10-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #11
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Went to the gym today!

Didn't get to spend a lot of time there but it felt good to go. I wasn't nearly as sore as last time which is great.

I did a quick eliptical this time because I was sort of in a rush, but I killed it, putting the resistance way higher than usual.

I worked on arms, chest, legs, and back. I didn't get to use the ab machine which sucks. I have to make sure to do that next time I go, which will hopefully be tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Keep it up, man. I can't really do the gym thing, I have to play tennis or else I'm just useless, but...staying motivated and active is really the key to this and integrating it into your routine, because the more you do that, the easier it is to maintain.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:56 PM   #13
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Keep it up, man. I can't really do the gym thing, I have to play tennis or else I'm just useless, but...staying motivated and active is really the key to this and integrating it into your routine, because the more you do that, the easier it is to maintain.

You'll like this...

After starting my own FOOL-like solo career with the GMExcel tool, I noticed that I had a few minutes while the sim was running. So, what I started doing is every season, while it is simming, I do sit-ups and pushups. At the end of the night, I usually end up doing 200 situps and 50-60 pushups.

I also went to the gym today. Probably the best work-out I've had in a good while. Used the ab machine and it felt like it was really working. I wish I knew the names of the machines that I used, but today was arms, chest, abs, and back.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #14
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
You'll like this...

After starting my own FOOL-like solo career with the GMExcel tool, I noticed that I had a few minutes while the sim was running. So, what I started doing is every season, while it is simming, I do sit-ups and pushups. At the end of the night, I usually end up doing 200 situps and 50-60 pushups.

I also went to the gym today. Probably the best work-out I've had in a good while. Used the ab machine and it felt like it was really working. I wish I knew the names of the machines that I used, but today was arms, chest, abs, and back.

That's REALLY smart. I do like that. Hell, I might start doing that. Good work!
Old 10-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #15
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Just got back from the gym. Chest and Abs, but arms got a hell of a workout as well. It's hard to type right now.

Also played basketball for a good half hour. Just by myself but I made sure to run around a good amount.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:19 PM   #16
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

pump... err bump

How's the schedule coming along?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:00 PM   #17
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Good but a little slow because I'm sick. I woke up and felt better today, headed to the gym, and after 10 minutes on the elliptical I felt terrible. I think I just need to take it easy for a day or two.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #18
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I have been going regularly though, so all in all the schedule is good. I've been eating much better, also.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #19
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Sorry u feel sick but glad to hear you've been goin on a regular basis.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #20
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
3) Focus on losing weight in the belly/chest area.

Hopefully you understand you can't focus on losing fat in specific areas of the body. That isn't how it works. If that is where the bulk of your fat is then you should certainly see a good bit come out of those areas while you are working out, but you can not target specific areas for fat loss.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #21
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

But you can target specific areas for muscle gain. So when you do lose your fat, you will have a nice set of abs.