Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2005, 09:56 PM   #51
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug. 7, 2010 -

Marseille has accepted my offer for Fabien Barthez. I'm going to make an offer to him. He wants 26,500/week to be a player/coach. My AM doesn't believe he is worth signing, but I disagree. I'm going to offer him 20,000/week. If he accepts, I think he would become my 2nd string keeper and be the backup in almost every game.

Inter have completed rejected the 23 million dollar bid for Philipp Lahm.

Valencia have made an offer of 19.5 million for Cristian Chivu.

Milan have made a counter offer of 20 million for Lucio. They actually want 11.5 million up front and 8.8 million over the next 6 months. I'm afraid that I'm buying him because of my love of him from the past. Can he still do it now? He looks like he can even at the age of 32. That is so expensive for such an old player. He is very driven, and I think he will continue to play well even now. It's a tough decision. I counter with 17 million dollars.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:57 PM   #52
Lucky Jim
Mascot

Congrats man. Worldclass Manager, it has a nice ring to it
Lucky Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:58 PM   #53
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 7, 2010 -

After further consideration, I make another offer of 30 million for Lahm.

This will be my final offer for Lahm at this time. If they refuse this, I will go after another name on the list who has more world wide renown. I need a player who is going to sell merchandise as well as be a big time player.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:59 PM   #54
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Jim
Congrats man. Worldclass Manager, it has a nice ring to it

Thank you
Old 03-14-2005, 10:05 PM   #55
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 7, 2010 -

Awww. crap. Chivu is unhappy that I rejected an offer from Valencia. He really wants to go to Valencia as they are one of his favorite clubs.

At. Madrid have made an offer of 17 million for Cristian Chivu. I reject that offer.

If Chivu pushes to go, than I will really need to acquire Lucio. It won't just be a choice from the heart, but he is one of the best centrebacks in the world.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:07 PM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 8, 2010 -

Louis Saha injured his calf in training today and will miss about two weeks.

Eric Djemba Djembia has injured his ankle in practice today and will miss about 2 weeks.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:39 PM   #57
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 10, 2010 -

Barthez has accepted our offer. I guess you can come home again.

Inter has rejected our 30 million dollar offer for Phillip Lahm.

My scout watched a bunch of Chelsea players and feels that Wesley Sneijder might be a great acquisition. I have to agree with him ater reviewing the tape. He will definitely be added to my list of possible targets.

Milan has accepted my 16.9 million dollar offer for Lucio! If Lucio accepts the deal, I will be paying them 7 million up front and 9.9 million over a year.

Lucio wants 110,000 dollars/week for a 2 years plus 1.1 million signing bonus. My AM thinks that Lucio will be a great player and think we should offer up to 140,000/week. I decide to just offer what Lucio is asking for but I'm going to extend the deal to 3 years. The guy still looks faster than most players on the pitch and in better shape, even at the age of 32.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:42 PM   #58
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 10, 2010 -

Call me sentimental, but I offer Barcelona 67 million for Cristiano Ronaldo. He is a world renown attacking midfielder at the age of 25. I think I'll be able to coach him to play nicely with his teammates. He is supremely talented. I won't go above the 67 million though. (I still can't believe I'm offering this much for one player.)
Old 03-14-2005, 10:59 PM   #59
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

EF,
You gotta be wrapped up in this game so much. The drama is intense and on-the-edge, fun to watch. Thanks for explaining the thinking-process, makes the dynasty alot more interesting. Milan seems to be really be shopping hard? Just curious, who have been the highest "valued" are "sold" players in the dynasty so far?
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 11:01 PM   #60
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 11, 2010 -

My scouts think that 20 year old Barry Parker who is currently playing for Derby is going to have a great career and would be an excellent signing for any team. He is raw, and isn't ready to play for us yet, but I can see the potential. I decide to contact Derby to see how much they want for him. They are currently asking for a million dollars. I offer that.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:16 PM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
EF,
You gotta be wrapped up in this game so much. The drama is intense and on-the-edge, fun to watch. Thanks for explaining the thinking-process, makes the dynasty alot more interesting. Milan seems to be really be shopping hard? Just curious, who have been the highest "valued" are "sold" players in the dynasty so far?

I'm definitely enjoying the game and very involved in it. I'm glad to write down my thinking process as it helps me clarify it for myself. Milan and Inter always seem to be spending money on bringing in quality players. Milan had a bad season and they seem to be more aggressive than usual.

I'm not sure about which players are the highest "sold" players in the dynasty as I don't have that history readily available. Under my profile, it lists the highest I've paid for a player and the highest I've sold one for.

I can tell you who the top 10 "Valued" players in the world are right now:

1. Wayne Rooney - He is the highest valued player in the world at 74 million dollars!

2. Carlos Tevez - 26 year old forward from Argentina. Has amazing speed, great all around skills. Valued at 73 million dollars. He is currently playing for Juventus.

3. Robinho - 26 year old forward from Brazil. He is an all around talent who has superb dribbling and technique. He is playing for Barcelona and he is valued at 72 million.

4. Fernando Cavenaghi - 26 year striker from Argentina. He was one of my favorite players in CM 03/04. He is a great striker who mental attributes are amazing. He is valued at 71 million dollars. He is currently at Real Madrid.

5. Fernando Torres - 26 year old Spanish striker who has great dribbling and technique. Wonderful scorer. He is valued at 70 million dollars. He is currently playing for Milan.

6. Cristiano Ronaldo - 25 year old forward who can play any forward spot, any midfield spot. If I get him, I might play him on the left side. He has great skills with a lack of team work being his only problem. He is valued at 67 million. He is also playing for Barcelona.

7. Diego - 25 year old attacking midfielder from Brazil. He is currently playing for Chelsea.

8. Kaka - 28 year old right winger/attacking midfielder who is valued at 64 million. He is currently playing for Milan too.

9. Valeri Bojinov - 24 year old striker from Bulgaria. He is valued at 62 million. He is currently playing for Lazio.

10. Antonio Cassano - 28 year old striker from Italy. He is currently valued at 60 million dollars. He is playing for Roma.

The thing about "value" is that it is sort of a free floating concept. It is dependent upon age, past production, potential future production, and it can fluctuate greatly. As these players get older, their "value" will go down significantly. Also, teams may not sell some players even if you offer 2 times the value. Least that is my experience in the past.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:35 PM   #62
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did you get your financial reward from the Championship title?

Will you include a brief preview (maybe break-down in categerios, "Elite (teams fighting for the title), 'Solid", "Avoiding Regelation") of the EPL?

Wow, the United finished 5th last year? Are they slidding (like Liverpool is in real-life), or just had an off-year? See Newcastle has come back strong after just nearly avoiding regulation the last few years. Also, is Southampton for real?

Here is a brief preview of the EPL:

Top Title Contenders:

1. Chelsea - They have won 5 consecutive titles. They have more money than ANYONE. They are the team to beat.

2. Arsenal - Despite finishing 3rd last year, I think they are clearly the 2nd strongest team. Thierry Henry is still a dangerous striker at 32 years old. They have young talent in Javier Saviola and Jose Antonio Reyes. Their goal keeping has been top notch the last few years. Their best players are aging, so they could slip.

3. Liverpool - They finished in 2nd place last year. Andres D'Alessandro is such an explosive scorer from the midfield. He doesn't show any signs of slowing down at 29 years old. They have a very solid midfield. Their defensive line is imporving with the recent acquisition of left fullback Gael Clichy. Chris Kirkland is a top notch keeper.

4. Manchester United - They finished 5th last year, but with my hopeful acquisitions and my keen management I believe we are a good title contender.

Second Tier:

Southampton - They finished in 4th and they are a rising team, but I don't see them as true threats to win the title. They don't have many truly elite stars. Their best player is striker James Beattie who is starting to slow down at 32 years old. I suspect they will slide a few spots this year.

Aston Villa - They finished 6th last year. They could surprise this year. They have a very talented striker who may be familiar to readers of the dynasty, Darius Vassell. The kid kept getting better and he has risen through the ranks over the years. Gareth Barry is still a good player. They also have a very good striker in Luke Moore.

Tottenham - They finished 7th last year. They rely on striker Jermain Defoe who is a top tier player. Keeper Paul Robinson has widely been recognized as the best English keeper in the last 3 years. Centerback Ledley King is a quality player.

Newcastle - They have a top notch striker in Lukas Podolski but Milan is trying to buy him away from them. If they sell him, they better get a player who is equally as talented. Otherwise, they will fall.

Middle of the Pack:

Middlesbrough - They finished in 9th last year. They have a bunch of good players, but no truly top notch players.

Birmingham City - They finished 10th last year. I expect them to finish lower this year. Their best player is french striker Rudy Carlier.

Fulham - They finished 11th last year. They have Milan Baros who is a very good striker. Collins John is an excellent partner for him. Their keeping is sketchy and they will likely need to beat opponents with wide open offense.

Blackburn - They finished 12th last year. They have a good duo at striker with Paul Gallagher and Jonathan Stead. Midfielder Barry Ferguson is an excellent all around midfielder. Their defense is shaky.

Will be fighting to avoid relegation:

Wigan - You should know all about them.

Reading - They finished 14th last year, but they could fall if breaks don't go their way. They don't have any superior players and they will need a great team effort to make it happen. Their best player may be former QPR player Wayne Routledge.

West Brom - They have a bit better chance at climbing towards the middle of the table and avoiding relegation. However, if striker Johan Elmander goes down with injury, this team will be in trouble. Their shaky goal keeping could also doom them. Federico Vilar is a shadow of himself, but he is their starting keeper.

Bolton - They have had a decreasing position each year for the last 3 years. They finished 15th last year. They will be relying on their duo of excellent midfielders in Roberto and Kevin Nolan. Striker Filipe Oliveira also has potential to be good.

Man City - They finished in 16th last year. They are getting old, and haven't done a good job in bringing in new talent. Their best players are all 30 or older. Striker Ryan Smith is 23 and could be a star that would fill some of the experience void that will inevitably hit.

Sunderland - They finished in 17th and barely avoided relegation last year. Marco Streller needs to play well at striker for them to score. Midfielder Chris Robson will also be very important.

Leicester - They came up with Wigan last year. If Dean Ashton can play well in the EPL, I think they will manage to stay up. That is a big IF.

Everton will need a great performance from it's very good midfield to avoid going back down. In particular Andy Reid and Tim Cahill will need to play well.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:43 PM   #63
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 13, 2010 -

LUcio accepted my contract offer. The move is delayed due to a work permit being needed.

On the news tonight, Kevin Keegan told the sports reporter that he doesn't fear us. He doesn't believe we have the talent to win the title this year and that we might have the talent for next year if we get a few key signings.

I decided to reply to the media with good humour and didn't disparage Keegan at all, but focused on the fact that I believe we have the talent to win the league title this year.

Cristiano Ronaldo signed a new 3 year deal at Barcelona worth 37 million dollars!
Old 03-14-2005, 11:48 PM   #64
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 14, 2010 -

Carlisle have asked to borrow one of my reserve keepers, Manu. Manu needs some PT, so I agree to the offer which has them paying 100% of his salary.

Derby rejected my offer for Barry Parker.

Barry Parker has told the media that he is unhappy that Derby isn't allowing him to come to such an illustrious club as Manchester United.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:52 PM   #65
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug. 14, 2010 -

Today we travel to play Leicester in our EPL Season Opener. Leicester should be an easy team for us to beat. They will be relying on their strikers, Dean Ashton and Andrew Johnson, to help them win today. Their best midfielder is Ben Watson. Zander Diamond is their best defender, but he might be leaving the club soon. Their keeper Joe Lewis is a young improving keeper.

We are heavy 1-2 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 60's.

GK: Howard
DL: Silvestre
DC: Chivu
DC: Ferdinand
DR: Brown
ML: Duff
MC: Mamam
MC: Fletcher
MR: Eagles
SC: McFadden
SC: Rooney

S1: Heaton
S2: Grygera
S3: Neville
S4: Akin Serhat
S5: Ruud van Nistelrooy
Old 03-15-2005, 12:05 AM   #66
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

For the first time, I've tried an EPL career. I'm using my favourite team, Palace, so it's a real challenge!

At the new calendar year in my first season, we're above the relegation line, in a dogfight with 5 other teams! I haven't made many acquisitions, as I don't have much money to spend.

Managing a big club is just as if not more challenging than controlling a small club! With a small club you don't even have to worry about splitting up your money - if you see someone who is good, you pay as much as possible for them. With a big(ger) team, you need to really use some foresight. Just because you have the money to spend, doesn't mean you can spend it.

Also, contract decisions are tougher. You can't always just bring back your best guys at all costs like you can in the lower leagues. Additionally, sometimes you need to sell guys who are 2nd-tier -- not starting quality, but also players you'd like to keep around. These guys are worth so much, though, that sometimes it really is necessary to take the money and run.

With my Palace team, I have some contracts that are expiring that I don't know if I should renew or not. Just like in real life, Vasilis Lakis is so inconsistent. Some games, he'll give a MoM type effort, just blazing trails up and down the right side of the pitch. Others, he looks clueless and is a waste of space. Ditto (to a lesser extent) for Wayne Routeledge. Nicola Ventola, a pesky Italian striker, has been just the same way. In fact, Gabor Kiraly, Joonas Kolkka, and Andy Johnson (is this the same Andrew Johnson that's been with Leicster for a while in your universe???) are the only guys who have been truly professional for me.

I've brought in a Norweigan, Frode Jonsenn, whose value has approximately doubled when arriving with our team. I signed him for L1.5MM -- now he's valued @ L4.3MM. I hope he can be a great strike partner for AJ up top! Ventola has not shown the ability or will to step it up game after game as an elite striker.

Sorry for going off on a tangent, just thought I'd try to relate how I think it is just as or more difficult to manage a (relatively) big club [Premiership level] than it is a lower league side!!!

~rpi-fan
Old 03-15-2005, 12:15 AM   #67
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Ferdinand intercepts an offensive effort and passes it deep.. Diamond passes back to the keeper.. McFadden intercepts the pass back to the keeper.. dribbles to his left around the keeper.. fires it into the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

8 minute mark: Ferdinand with a good defensive play.

10 minute mark: Rooney dribbles down the right sideline.. burns two defenders.. crosses to McFadden.. he heads it.. the keeper saves it.

17 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot from Watson.

23 minute mark: McFadden intercepts it in our own box.. dribbles down the middle of the field.. is approached by 5 different defenders.. weaves around them.. amazing dribble.. all the way down the pitch.. into the box.. dribbles towards the left post.. finally shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0. What an effort!

36 minute mark: McFadden with another super dribble.. is tackled hard by El al-douf. Yellow card to their midfielder.

39 minute mark: Chivu tackles Ashton in our box.. penalty shot awarded.. Ashton steps up.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL. Still up 2-1.

44 minute mark: Fletcher collides with Quashie their midfielder.. Quashie is hurt. His part in the game is over.

Halftime: Up 2-1. Leicester has over 32,000 fans here today.

52 minute mark: Watson passes into the box for Ashton.. he shoots from 15 yards.. hard shot.. Howard saves it.. Chivu clears the rebound.

54 minute mark: Silvester with a good defensive play.. gets it to McFadden at midfield.. he passes to Rooney just outside the box.. Diamond catches Rooney before he can make a move.

56 minute mark: Chivu with a long pass to the right corner of the pitch.. Rooney gets it.. crosses.. perfect cross.. McFadden wiffs.. misses a perfect opportunity to score his hattrick.

63 minute mark: Phil Neville on for Mamam. Rooney is tired and not playing that great. I put Ruud van Nistelrooy on for him.

69 minute mark: Watson passes into the box for Ashton.. great play by Ferdinand to stop him.

74 minute mark: Ferdinand takes a free kick from midfield.. kicks it to Ruud van Nistelrooy just outside the box.. he turns.. fakes out a defender.. blasts a shot into the lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1.

76 minute mark: Ashton gets a breakaway.. shoots from 18 yards out.. Howard with a great save.

81 minute mark: Watson steals it from Ferdinand.. passes it to Ashton who shoots from 20 yards.. Howard easily saves it.

85 minute mark: Duff with a corner kick to chivu.. he heads it.. barely over the bar.

89 minute mark: Johnson gets it on the right wing from Camero.. he crosses into the box.. Chivu misses a play on the ball.. Ashton shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL. Still up 3-2.

Game over. 3-2 win for us I'm a little worried that our defense gave up so many good opportunities to Ashton. Chivu and Ferdinand both looked shaky at spots. I'm suddenly very glad that I should have Lucio here in 2 weeks (after his WP is approved, which I'm certain it will be.)

They outshot us 14-10 (10-5 on target in their favor)

James McFadden had a 10 for form, won MoM, 22 of 23 passes, 0 of 3 tackles, 4 of 10 headers, 2 interceptions, 5 runs, 2 goals.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:19 AM   #68
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
For the first time, I've tried an EPL career. I'm using my favourite team, Palace, so it's a real challenge!

At the new calendar year in my first season, we're above the relegation line, in a dogfight with 5 other teams! I haven't made many acquisitions, as I don't have much money to spend.

Managing a big club is just as if not more challenging than controlling a small club! With a small club you don't even have to worry about splitting up your money - if you see someone who is good, you pay as much as possible for them. With a big(ger) team, you need to really use some foresight. Just because you have the money to spend, doesn't mean you can spend it.

Also, contract decisions are tougher. You can't always just bring back your best guys at all costs like you can in the lower leagues. Additionally, sometimes you need to sell guys who are 2nd-tier -- not starting quality, but also players you'd like to keep around. These guys are worth so much, though, that sometimes it really is necessary to take the money and run.

With my Palace team, I have some contracts that are expiring that I don't know if I should renew or not. Just like in real life, Vasilis Lakis is so inconsistent. Some games, he'll give a MoM type effort, just blazing trails up and down the right side of the pitch. Others, he looks clueless and is a waste of space. Ditto (to a lesser extent) for Wayne Routeledge. Nicola Ventola, a pesky Italian striker, has been just the same way. In fact, Gabor Kiraly, Joonas Kolkka, and Andy Johnson (is this the same Andrew Johnson that's been with Leicster for a while in your universe???) are the only guys who have been truly professional for me.

I've brought in a Norweigan, Frode Jonsenn, whose value has approximately doubled when arriving with our team. I signed him for L1.5MM -- now he's valued @ L4.3MM. I hope he can be a great strike partner for AJ up top! Ventola has not shown the ability or will to step it up game after game as an elite striker.

Sorry for going off on a tangent, just thought I'd try to relate how I think it is just as or more difficult to manage a (relatively) big club [Premiership level] than it is a lower league side!!!

~rpi-fan
No need to apologize, I always appreciate input from others. I agree that there can be definite distinct challenges in managing a club like Crystal Palace. As far as Andrew Johnson, it could be the same guy. Can you tell me anything more about him, such as date of birth? Wayne Routledge has really bounced around in this universe. He has been wildly inconsistent, sometimes he is the best guy on the pitch, other times he looks like the worst. I almost acquired him with Wigan, but I decided he wasn't worth the headache. It will be interesting to see what he does in the EPL this year.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-15-2005 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:25 AM   #69
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 15, 2010 -

Barcelona have rejected the 67 million dollar offer for Cristiano Ronaldo.

Barcelona's Cristiano Ronaldo has informed his manager that he is worried by the small roster size. He is concerned without competition that players on the club will become complacent.

With the flat out refusal to sell Cristiano Ronaldo at any price, I revert back to my list and contact Real Madrid about Joaquin. He is currently valued at 34 million dollars. I offer them 34 million for him.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-15-2005 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:32 AM   #70
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 15, 2010 -

Real Madrid has offered 54 million for Wayne Rooney. What are they smoking. No way am I selling at that price (or any price.)

Everton has signed Zander Diamond away from Leicester for 3.2 million dollars.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-15-2005 at 12:37 AM.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:39 AM   #71
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 17, 2010 -

Suddenly I'm wishing I had sold Chivu. Chivu suffered a herniated disc in his back today in training. He will need surgery to correct this problem and is expected to miss 3 months. The acquisition of Lucio is looking better by the moment (assuming he gets his WP.)

Manu agreed to go to Carlisle on loan.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:58 AM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 17, 2010 -

Real Madrid have flat out rejected the offer for Joaquin. Now, I find myself reconsidering my course of action. Where do I need a player the most? Is it really right wing? No, I don't think so. I think I really need a player at left wing since Duff is 31 and no one else can play left wing well. Also Duff didn't look that good in the 1st match. Christopher Eagles at least looked good in the 1st match and he is only 24. If I'm going to possibly overpay, I will look at left wingers now.

1. Vicente - This 29 year old Spanish left winger plays for Valencia. He has exceptional spped, acceleration, great mental attributes, excellent dribbling, crossing, and passing. He is valued at 41 million. I wish he was a bit younger. Otherwise, he is a great choice.

2. Arjen Robben - this 26 year old left winger is currently playing for Chelsea. He has excellent speed, acceleration, agility, balance. He has very good mental attributes. He isn't good as a defensive player, but he is a very good passer. He is good at crossing. He is only 26 which is appealing.

3. Jose Antonio Reyes - This 26 year old player can play left wing or striker. He has excellent pace, great physical abilities, great mental attributes, very good crossing, passing, dribbling, and finishing. He is a very tempting choice. I doubt Arsenal would ever agree to sell him, but if they would, he might be the best choice.

4. Wesley Sneijder is a 26 year old who can play either side. He is currently with Chelsea. He doesn't really have any downside. He is actually top of my list from this group so far.

5. Stewart Downing - this 26 year old player is currently at Newcastle. He has excellent attributes across the board. He is only low on strength and bravery. He is right up there at the top of the list.

6. Anthony Osei - This 24 year old from Ghana is currently playing for Milan. He has top notch speed. He is a superb passer, great at crossing, and a decent dribbler. He might be 3rd on my list.

I'm going to pursue Downing and I'm going to go after him hard.

Downing is valued at 22 million. He has a 35.5 million dollar release clause. I start off by offering 26 million dollars.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:16 AM   #73
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 18, 2010 -

Darn. Souleymane Mamam has broken his leg in practice yesterday. He will miss up to 3 months. Now, my midfield is feeling a bit thin.

Today we host Middelsbrough. They are currently 16th in the EPL. They will be relying heavily on striker Alejandro Sanchez Fernandez who is a very skilled striker. Left winger David Bentley is also a solid player. Right winger Hanno Balitsch is still a good player for them. Their defense is just average and striker Jan Lastuvka will have to play well to stop us.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 70's.

Our stadium is a 75300 all seater with retractable roof and under-soil heating. I wonder how many fans we will get here today.

DC: O'Shea
MC: Cook (the kid gets a start with the multiple injuries.)
SC: McFadden (earned a second start)

S1: Barthez
S4: Serhat
S5: Ruud van Nistelrooy
Old 03-15-2005, 01:36 AM   #74
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11 minute mark: Eagles with a cross but the keeper intercepts it before McFadden can head it.

28 minute mark: Ferdinand passes down the left side of the pitch to Duff who dribbles donwn the left sideline... crosses into the side of the net.

31 minute mark: Silvestre gets a yellow card for a trip on Fernandez.

35 minute mark: Duff is tackled before being able to cross for the 4th or 5th time today.

36 minute mark: Silvestre intercepts it at midfield.. passes it down the left sideline to Duff.. he immediately centers into the box.. McFadden gets it.. shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

37 minute mark: Cook intercepts it at midfield.. passes it to Duff on the left wing.. Duff dribbles up the left side.. he crosses over Rooney's head.. Fletcher gets it just right of the box.. passes it into the box for Rooney.. he immediately kicks it into the upper left corner of the goal! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

40 minute mark: Brown plays a long pass down the right sideline.. Rooney gets it.. beats two defenders.. dribbles between them again.. into the box.. shoots.. the keeper blocks it.. but can't control it.. McFadden gets the rebound.. fires it into the net. GOAL!!!! 3-0! 3 goals in about 5 minutes.

Halftime: 3-0 lead. We have over 68,000 fans here today!

50 minute mark: Duff intercepts it at midfield.. perfect through ball to the edge of the box.. Rooney gets there.. dirbbles into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper blocks it.

60 minute mark: McFadden passes to Rooney.. he is tripped by Magnin.. yellow card for Magnin.

70 minute mark: Leon Andreassen shoots a hard shot from 30 yards out.. it deflects off O'Shea in the box.. and that makes it sail into the right side of the net.. GOAL. Still up 3-1.

I've given McFadden time to work on the hattrick, but he didn't do it today. He is tired now, so I bring in Serhat for him.

Fletcher is also tired, I put Neville on for him.

74 minute mark: Duff crosses for Rooney.. he heads it.. into the crossbar.

Game over. 3-1 win for us

We outshot them 16-6 (10-2 on target)

Damien Duff played much better this game. In fact, he had a 9 for form and won MoM, 34 of 42 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 0 of 7 headers, 2 interceptions, 7 runs, 1 assist.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:45 AM   #75
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

(OOC NOTE: Just finishing up a short session during my lunch break.)

August 21, 2010 -

Ciriaco Cano, Blackburn's manager, has told the press that he doubts I will be able to guide the team to the title this year. He feels that I have a lot to prove as a manager at this level, and that with our clubs meeting tomorrow, he doesn't feel his Blackburn side has anything to be concerned about.

He has got under my skin. I reply, "Ciriaco Cano is questioning my ability? I wonder if he is still good enough to be an English Premier Division Manager? I don't think he is. I don't think he is cut-out for football at this level, and I think he should seek a different role in football."
Old 03-15-2005, 12:08 PM   #76
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
(OOC NOTE: Just finishing up a short session during my lunch break.)

August 21, 2010 -

Ciriaco Cano, Blackburn's manager, has told the press that he doubts I will be able to guide the team to the title this year. He feels that I have a lot to prove as a manager at this level, and that with our clubs meeting tomorrow, he doesn't feel his Blackburn side has anything to be concerned about.

He has got under my skin. I reply, "Ciriaco Cano is questioning my ability? I wonder if he is still good enough to be an English Premier Division Manager? I don't think he is. I don't think he is cut-out for football at this level, and I think he should seek a different role in football."

Nice....Love the media interaction. Can coaches have an effect on the team and game in the situations you just describe, or even further media "battles"? I just order the game from gogamer.com. I don't have a laptop yet (prolly not til the end of April/May), but I think I can go over the game manual and get a grip on it. The laptop is close, just waiting for the "funds" (which I have, just waiting): Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 650 w/HT Technology 3.4GHz, 2.0GB DDR2 SDRAM, 533MHz (2x1024MB), 80 GB 4200 RPM Hard Drive. I can't wait....
Old 03-15-2005, 12:42 PM   #77
condors
College Starter

yes as a manager you can weekly cause other teams to play poor and your team to play above what they are capable of

there was a post about it over at sigames.com that talked about it

some people make it a weekly thing, i myself talk when i have good things to say, i also take note what players what players can get taken off their game(and try to replace them as i am worried they may not show up in big games)

Last edited by condors : 03-15-2005 at 12:42 PM.
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:50 PM   #78
kingfc22
Head Coach

Didn't check this last nite. CONGRATS!!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 05:56 PM   #79
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Didn't check this last nite. CONGRATS!!!!

Thanks

Sundancer, it seems team's managers are playing mind games much more at the EPL level. Last game, 5 of my players had reactions to the media battles (you can get a hint about their reaction from their player profile.)
Old 03-15-2005, 06:37 PM   #80
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 21, 2010 -

Newcastle rejected the 26 million dollar offer for Stewart Downing.

I up the offer to 30 million dolllars.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:46 PM   #81
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 22, 2010 -

Today we travel to play Blackburn. Blackburn is currently 13th in the EPL while we are in 3rd at this early point in the season. Blackburn has a mediocre defense led by centreback Petri Pasanen. Their midfield is solid and is led by Morten Gamst Pedersen. Their strikers are very good with Paul Gallagher and Jonathan Stead being a very good duo. Their keeper Matteo Chiodi is only 21 and he is very raw. He has started their first three EPL games and he has conceded 5 goals. He looks like we should be able to shred him apart.

We are 4-6 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 70's today.

MC: Cook

S4: van Nistelrooy
S5: Alan Smith
Old 03-15-2005, 07:00 PM   #82
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This game is televised. The announcers think we should win easily. They think Rooney will be our ket player. They think Gallagher will be their key player.

14 minute mark: Eagles passes to Rooney in the box.. he curves a hard shot towards the left side of the net.. the keeper saves it.

21 minute mark: Duff overpasses Rooney blowing a good opportunity as the ball sails out of bounds.

32 minute mark: McFadden is called for being offsides ruining a great scoring opportunity as Rooney hit him with a great pass.

40 minute mark: Rooney passes to McFadden in the box.. hard shot.. hits the left post.

41 minute mark: After passing it around.. Cook gets off a good shot.. the keeper saves it.. he is playing better than I expected.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Blackburn has over 31,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Howard stops a long range shot.

51 minute mark: Duff passes to Rooney who heads it to Eagles inside the right half of the box.. he shoots.. good opportunity.. the shot is into the right side of the netting. What a terrible waste.

55 minute mark: Ferguson takes a free kick from 25 yards out.. curves it between a crack in the wall.. it keeps curving.. into the upper left corner of the net. GOAL. Down 1-0.

63 minute mark: Duff with the corner kick.. finds Eagles by the far post.. he heads it.. just wide of the net.

72 minute mark: Alan Smith on for McFadden. Neville on for Cook.

91 minute mark: Eagles crosses for Smith.. he shoots.. hard shot.. the keeper saves it.

Game over. 1-0 loss. A very disappointing loss, particularly after the trash talking. No one played bad, but only Eagles got an 8. Everyone else had 7's.

We outshot them 11-10 (8-4 on target)

Their keeper, Matteo Chiodi won MoM.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:16 PM   #83
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 24, 2010 -

Newcastle has rejected the 30 million dollar offer for Stewart Downing.

I'm having a hard time deciding if he is worth more than that. It's a tough decision.

I only have a week left, so I better make a decision soon.

I decide to up it to 33 million for Downing.

My scouts are also thrilled with Vincent Kompany who is a 24 year old Belgium centreback/defensive midfielder. This player looks to be an amazing player who could be an anchor in my midfield for years. I decide to offer Liverpool 30 million dollars for him.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:29 PM   #84
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Liverpool have rejected the 30 million dollar deal for Vincent Kompany. I up my offer to 34 million and 50% of next sale.

Newcastle countered my offer for Downing. They are asking for 41 million dollars. I found this counter laughable as he has a release clause of 35.5 million dollars. I decide to offer them the release clause amount for him. I don't think Duff needs to be replaced yet, but I don't think he has too much more time left. I need to get a good young player behind Duff/alongside Duff. Also with so many frequent games, I need two very good players at each position.

Barcelona has offered 19 million for Cristian Chivu. He is currently valued at 21.5 million. I counter by telling them I will accept 30 million for Chivu (I want to move him since he doesn't want to be here anymore - he'd rather be at Valencia.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-15-2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:35 PM   #85
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 25, 2010 -

Today we host Fulham. We are currently in 5th while Fulham is having a good start and is currently in 3rd. Fulham's midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger is playing great so far in the season. Their centreback Dean Leacock has played perfect defense. Their striker Milan Baros has 5 goals in 3 games! Their keeper Robert Green had a bad game two games ago and they sat him. Kasper Schmeichel played well last game. It will be interesting to see who starts against us.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's overcast with a strong wing blowing through the stadium. Temperatures are in the mid 40's.

ML: Duff (I'd really like to rest him after just playing 3 days ago, but no one else can really play left wing which is why I need Downing.)
MC: Djemba Djemba
SC: Saha
SC: van Nistelrooy (these guys used to be great together - Rooney and McFadden need rest after playing 3 games in a little over a week.)

S4: Serhat
S5: Alan Smith
Old 03-15-2005, 07:47 PM   #86
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

38 minute mark: vN with a great move to get inside the box.. beating two defenders.. passes to Saha.. he shoots.. the keeper saves.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. We have over 64,000 fans here tonight.

50 minute mark: Duff crosses long for Eagles who heads it wide of the net.

They are playing turtle and just crowding the box all day.

60 minute mark: I put Alan Smith on for Ruud van Nistelrooy. I'm also trying an experiment by putting Grygera in for Djemba who is tired.

83 minute mark: Alan Smith passes back to Fletcher just outside the box... hard shot.. inches wide left of the goal.

Game over. They played suffocating defense and kept 8-9 guys back at all times. 0-0 tie.

We outshot them 7-3 (3-0 on target)

Damien Duff had a 9 for form, won MoM, 26 of 37 passes, 2 of 4 tackles, 2 of 8 headers, 2 interceptions, 10 runs, 3 fouls drawn.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:01 PM   #87
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 26, 2010 -

Wierd! Roma just offered Leandro Damian Cufre, a 32 year old centreback who is still good, plus 19 million dollars for Chivu and it says I rejected the offer before I even responded! I don't have any automatic rejections set up either (I double checked.) Oh well, I would have taken that deal.

Liverpool rejected my offer for Vincent Kompany. I'm making one final offer of 36 million dollars.

Newcastle accepted my bid (since they had to) and I've now contacted Downing's agent. Downing wants 83,000 per week plus 2.4 million dollar signing bonus. My AM thinks he is going to be a very good player for us and thinks we should offer up to 100,000/week. I offer the 83,000 that he is asking for. I ask him to sign a 4 year deal instead of a 3 year deal however.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-15-2005 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:15 PM   #88
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

August 27, 2010 -

Speaking in the build up to his match with me, Sunderland's rokkie manager Dave Jones admitted that he is jealous of the vast array of talent that I have availble to me. He said that he thinks that I should be able to crush most of our opponents.

I decide to give a polite response. I consider Dave Jones a friend, and i think he is one of the better managers in the game today and a nice guy as well.

Lucio's work permit has been approved and he is set to come here immediately.

Liverpool has rejected my latest offer for Vincent Kompany.

Stewart Downing has accepted my offer, and has told the media he is excited about coming to such a well supported club.

Barcelona have withdrawn their offer for Chivu.

With Kompany no longer an option, I decide to set my target a little lower. I go after Lyon's Michael Essien. This 27 year old midfielder from Ghana is a very talented player who speaks French and English. He has very good abilities across the board and is valued at 16 million currently. I offer them that.

Also of note, we made over 14 million dollars last month, and we have made over 13 million dollars this month.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:18 PM   #89
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 27, 2010 -

Lucio has arrived. Fans are thrilled with this signing, and the commercial director tells me that he believes we will see a sharp increase in shirt sales after this purchase.

Downing has also arrived today. My Commercial director also believes this signing will cause a huge boost in shirt sales.

Fans are very concerned that Downing could disrupt harmony at Old Trafford.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:32 PM   #90
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Just beat ManU @ home in the FA Cup on the back of two goals from my lone acquistion, Norweigen striker Frode Johnsen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Palace Go!!!!!!

I hope Downing works out for you... personally, I was hoping you'd acquire one of the Americans (Don-o-van or Adu). Nevertheless, I like that you decided you absolutely needed Downing, and didn't give up on it. It seems like there really is no reason for you to slow down in any negotiations, based on the amount of money you're making.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:51 PM   #91
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I hate Frode Johnsen. He wouldn't resign with Rosenborg even after I maxed everything for him. Was always one of those guys that would score 1 goal a game, but he would need 10 shots to do it. I loathe him.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:54 PM   #92
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Aug 25, 2010 -

Today we host Fulham. We are currently in 5th while Fulham is having a good start and is currently in 3rd. Fulham's midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger is playing great so far in the season. Their centreback Dean Leacock has played perfect defense. Their striker Milan Baros has 5 goals in 3 games! Their keeper Robert Green had a bad game two games ago and they sat him. Kasper Schmeichel played well last game. It will be interesting to see who starts against us.

Keep an eye on Baros.....Maybe someone young enough and cheap enough to acquire if he has real potential?
Old 03-15-2005, 10:32 PM   #93
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Just beat ManU @ home in the FA Cup on the back of two goals from my lone acquistion, Norweigen striker Frode Johnsen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Palace Go!!!!!!

I hope Downing works out for you... personally, I was hoping you'd acquire one of the Americans (Don-o-van or Adu). Nevertheless, I like that you decided you absolutely needed Downing, and didn't give up on it. It seems like there really is no reason for you to slow down in any negotiations, based on the amount of money you're making.

Congrats!

I really wanted to get Adu, as he is so good at such a young age, but his lack of footspeed really worries me. His pace is only 12, and that doesn't really fit my requirements for forward or winger. Then again, if I fill my most pressing needs, I may very well make a play for him next year. As far as Donovan, I like him too, but he wasn't quite good enough to justify the big money his team wanted for him. As far as Downing, I really hope he works out too. I think he will, but the fan's reaction worries me a bit. I'm certain Lucio should work out. He was amazing for me in CM 03/04. Of course, I ran a 3-5-2 with that team. But, I think he will be great in a 4-4-2 as well. His attributes show no sign of decreasing at age 32 (he still has mostly 18's for his physical attributes as well as all of the key attributes I look for in a DC.)
Old 03-15-2005, 10:32 PM   #94
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Keep an eye on Baros.....Maybe someone young enough and cheap enough to acquire if he has real potential?

He is certainly a possibility. I'm also scouring all of the national U21 teams now, keeping an eye out for young talent to acquire and develop.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:32 PM   #95
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Congrats!

I really wanted to get Adu, as he is so good at such a young age, but his lack of footspeed really worries me. His pace is only 12, and that doesn't really fit my requirements for forward or winger. Then again, if I fill my most pressing needs, I may very well make a play for him next year. As far as Donovan, I like him too, but he wasn't quite good enough to justify the big money his team wanted for him. As far as Downing, I really hope he works out too. I think he will, but the fan's reaction worries me a bit. I'm certain Lucio should work out. He was amazing for me in CM 03/04. Of course, I ran a 3-5-2 with that team. But, I think he will be great in a 4-4-2 as well. His attributes show no sign of decreasing at age 32 (he still has mostly 18's for his physical attributes as well as all of the key attributes I look for in a DC.)

Congratulations on the job! I haven't had any major clubs offering me their job yet. It seems to be pretty rare.

In my experience, Adu plays best as an AMC behind the two forwards. So if you're using the 4-4-2, then it's probably not going to be his best formation. Kompany does very well as a centreback if you decide to get rid of Chivu.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 04:59 AM   #96
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Kompany is generally regarded as a centreback so that is probably considered his best position in the game.

Have you considered trying Smith out on the right wing? He might be a possibility there with both Shrek, er, Rooney and McFadden also available.

I think Eagles should be given more of a chance, if only for having such a similar name to his manager.

Hey, Chris . . . Can you do me a favour and check on Anthony Vanden Borre and Alessio Cerci, please?
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:35 AM   #97
winkingpirate
n00b

On my Cardiff team, I run a 3-5-2, with Zander Diamond partnered in the back with the two belgians Vanden Borre and Kompany, and it has worked out great. Kompany and to a slightly lesser degree Vanden Borre are super solid in the back, their pace allows them to get to long balls that are played.
winkingpirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:40 PM   #98
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Awesome. Thanks, wp.

Vanden Borre was considered a "cultured centreback" in the demo and I snagged him for Arsenal (er, all 5 times I played it through) so I'm feeling slightly attached to dude. Never got around to snagging Kompany, though. Might try it whenever I get around to snagging the game.

Of course, if Wenger uses some of the Granada money on him in real life . . . well, I'll be even happier.

But, hey, we've got Pascal Cygan!
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 04:46 PM   #99
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug. 28, 2010 -

Today we travel to play Sunderland. Sunderland is currently 13th in the EPL. We are currently 6th which is dangerous at Manchester United. We need to win this one. Sunderland is led by ehir strikers Sheyi Emmanuel Adebayor and Dirk Kujit are both playing well. Midfielders Paul Reid and Scott Harris are playing well as well. The defensive line has just been average. Ryan Warner has been horrid in goal so far this year. I hope he doesn't turn it around this game.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the low 40's.

DC: Lucio (I expect great things, even right away.)
ML: Downing (Ditto.)
MC: Djemba

S2: O'Shea
S4: Cook
s5: Smith
Old 03-16-2005, 04:53 PM   #100
Desnudo
Coordinator

Out of curiosity, why do you want to sell Chivu? He's the best central defender in my game.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote