Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-17-2005, 07:28 PM   #151
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Palace was relegated on the last day of the season.

There were only 2 or 3 out of dozens possible scenarios where we got relegated, but the disastrous happened!

Ah, well, I've got AJ and Routledge, though both are starting to do a little chirping.

Hope you can continue to string together a few wins! I'm sure a run to the semis or finals of the UEFA Cup would do a lot towards keeping your job!

~rpi-fan

Sorry to hear that you were relegated

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm definitely counting on going far in the UEFA Cup to help me keep my job. I'm also still hopeful that I can get us to the top of the table or very close in the EPL
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:45 PM   #152
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

13 minute mark: Lucio initiates the counter attack.. long pass to McFadden.. he passes to Rooney.. he is tackled by Mellberg.. Yellow card for Mellberg.

22 minute mark: Lucio trips Moore. Yellow card for Lucio.

31 minute mark: Fletcher with a long shot that grazes the bar and sails over.

42 minute mark: Djemba intercepts a keeper kick at midfield.. passes it to Rooney just outside the box.. the keeper cmae out to challenge Rooney.. he chips it over the keeper.. it barely sails over the bar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie.

We have over 69,000 fans here today.

Rooney has had a bad first half. I will pull him if he doesn't do better in the next 10 minutes.

55 minute mark: Rooney has a 5 for form and has now picked up a minor injury. I pull him from the game, and put Ruud van Nistelrooy on.

64 minute mark: Eagles crosses to Djemba who shoots.. hard curving shot.. upper left corner.. Great save by the keeper.

73 minute mark: Cook on for Fletcher who is tired.

85 minute mark: McFadden gets it at the left corner of the pitch.. passes into the box for Downing who unleashes a hard shot! The keeper with an amazing save.

Game over. We had better ball possession time, but couldn't score. 0-0 tie.

We each had 7 shots, we each had 3 shots on target.

Stewart Downing had a 9 for form and won MoM, 16 of 17 passes, 2 of 4 tackles, 2 of 4 headers, 1 interception, 15 runs, 2 fouls drawn.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:45 PM   #153
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Post Match Info: We won 110,000 dollars for winning against Dnipro in the Euro Cup.

We have been placed in Group D of the Euro Cup along with Real Sociedad, CSKA, FC Kobenhavn, and Sparta Prague.

We have been given 800,000 for playing in the Euro Cup Group Stage.

Thought you had to play two rounds of qualifying before the Group Stage in the UEFA Cup. Or did you have a "bye" in the first round?

Last edited by SunDancer : 03-17-2005 at 07:50 PM.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:50 PM   #154
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
Though you had to play two rounds of qualifying before the Group Stage in the UEFA Cup. Or did you have a "bye" in the first round?

I'm honestly not sure of all of the nuiansces in real life. But, I only had to play two legs against one team to get to the group stage with this team
Old 03-17-2005, 07:53 PM   #155
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 5, 2010 -

Craig King, Jamie Cook, and Bob Wright have been called up to the England U21 squad for this match against Azerbaijan's U21 team. This will occur on October 8th.

Bradford City has accepted my offer for Dalibor Stevanovic (they had no choice.)

He wants 16,500/week plus 110k signing bonus. I offer him this. He will add some depth for us this season where we desperately need it.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:58 PM   #156
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct. 6, 2010 -

Preston rejected my 2 million dollar offer for David Vaughan.

Today we travel to play Everton. Everton is led by their superb left winger Andy Reid who has been dominant in the EPL this year so far. Keeper Richard Wright is a veteran who continues to play very well. Striker James Graham benefits nicely from Reid's plays. Centreback Anthony Gardner is an excellent defender.

We are heavy 4-6 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 40's.

GK: Howard
DL: Silvestre
DC: Grygera
DC: Lucio
DR: Brown
ML: Duff
MC: Djemba
MC: Cook
MR: Eagles
SC: Saha
SC: van Nistelrooy

S1: Barthez
S2: Serhat
S3: Neville
S4: O'Shea
S5: Smith
Old 03-17-2005, 08:19 PM   #157
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

5 minute mark: Cook passes into the box for vN.. he shoots.. hard shot.. good save by Wright.

8 minute mark: Reid toyed with Eagles as he dribbled it up the pitch.

22 minute mark: Gardner gets a yellow card for pulling vN's jersey.

29 minute mark: Excellent defensive play by Li Tie to catch vN from behind just outside the box.

36 minute mark: Diamond collides with Saha, and Zander diamond can't play any more today.

45 minute mark: Duff plays it to Saha just left of the box.. crosses to vN who heads it.. powerful header.. just over the bar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Over 40,000 fans here supporting Everton today.

55 minute mark: Cook gets a yellow card for a trip on Gravesen.

64 minute mark: Brown with a hard tackle on Reid.. Reid is hurt.. Brown gets a Red card!

I take Saha off and put O'Shea into the game and slide Grygera out to the right fullback slot.

I put Alan Smith in for Ruud van Nistelrooy.

86 minute mark: O'Shea with a long pass to Smith who gets a breakaway.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. Wright saves it.

94 minute mark: Lucio with a header to Eagles at midfield.. Eagles passes it to Smith in the right corner of the pitch.. he centers to Cook in the box... he blasts a shot to the upper right corner of the net... it's past Wright! GOAL!!!! 1-0!!!! WHAT A GOAL!! We pull victory from the jaws of a draw!

That is Cook's first Senior Goal!

The game ends 10 seconds later

Game over. 1-0 win for us.

Despite being a man down, we outshot them 13-12. We each had 4 shots on target.

Damien Duff won MoM, 9 for form, 28 of 36 passes, 6 of 7 tackles, 3 of 6 headers, 1 interception, 6 runs, 2 fouls drawn.

Howard, Lucio, Eagles, Cook, and Smith all had 8's. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:27 PM   #158
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 8, 2010 -

Dalibor Stevanovic accepted our offer. He is thrilled to be joining us as he is looking forward to playing in Europe. The deal will conclude on January 1st, 2011 when the transfer window opens up again.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:15 AM   #159
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct. 9, 2010 -

Craig King was a man among boys today. The 20 year old striker had an amazing 5 goals in the Euro U21 Championship Qualifying match for England against the Azerbaijan team. King scored all of the team's goals in the 5-0 win. Not surprisingly, he had a 10 for form as well as winning MoM.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #160
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 9, 2010 -

The following are all Euro Championship Qualifying results for my players:

Experienced winger Damien Duff was in magnificent form receiving a 9 for form. Despite his excellent play the Republic of Ireland couldn't score against Spain. John O'Shea played well on defense and the match ended with a 0-0 tie.

30 year old sweeper Zdenek Grygera never really got going and had a disappointing performance for his Czech Republic team as they lost to Albania 1-0.

24 year old World Class striker Wayne Rooney was the hero of the hour for England as he scored an incredible 4 goals for England against Azerbaijan. England won 8-0. Rio Ferdinand, Stewart Downing, and Alan Smith also played well in this match. Great, now Rooney will be tired for our next game.

34 year old striker Ruud van Nistelrooy played well as a substitute for Holland in their 3-0 win over Estonia.

29 year old forward Akin Serhat played well for Turkey, but didn't score. The match against Hungary ended in a 1-1 tie.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:34 AM   #161
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 11, 2010 -

Damien Duff and Alan Smith were selected to the EPL Team of the Week.

Excellent! Our match against Reading on Oct 13th has been rescheduled for the 20th due to our high number of international call-ups.

Preston have offered 1 million dollars for my young striker Steve Burgess who is on my reserve squad. I decide to ask all of my coaches for their opinion of him, and they all feel that he has the potential to be a star. He is currently valued at 5 million dollars. Based on my coaches reports and his current value, I reject the offer.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:05 PM   #162
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

I got FM 2005 in the mail today. Not my laptop (which I hope to order this weekend, and get prolly mid-April). I thinking I could maybe try to install it on my mom's or my computer, and play with the "Big Three" league (Just the premier leagues of England, Spain, Italy). Just play around, learn, ect. I could then launch a real, full-out dynasty (with FOFC reports ) when I get my laptop.

Last edited by SunDancer : 03-18-2005 at 03:07 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:38 PM   #163
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I got FM 2005 in the mail today. Not my laptop (which I hope to order this weekend, and get prolly mid-April). I thinking I could maybe try to install it on my mom's or my computer, and play with the "Big Three" league (Just the premier leagues of England, Spain, Italy). Just play around, learn, ect. I could then launch a real, full-out dynasty (with FOFC reports ) when I get my laptop.

Sounds good

As for me, I really want to play FM, but after a full day of work I have to go to a work related dinner

At least it is at one of the finest steak houses in the USA (IMHO and with a limited number of cities visited), Dickie Brennan's Steak House.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:25 PM   #164
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Sounds good

As for me, I really want to play FM, but after a full day of work I have to go to a work related dinner

At least it is at one of the finest steak houses in the USA (IMHO and with a limited number of cities visited), Dickie Brennan's Steak House.

Steak. I hate having my mouth /jaw wired together (don't see my surgeon until the 3rd week of April). I miss out on the great foods for a while. I do actually have a normal-size jaw now (they distracted foward for a few months, then went in and molded it foward more. I hope the bone hardens quickly. But its worth it to go without good food for a while. This steakhouse is in New Orleans right?

Do you think it's worth downloading the patch right now, or should I just wait (til the laptop)? With a 5it takes a LONG time to download, and I'm really just going to get a grip on the game (not the serious, in-depth play you are having right now with all the countries I want) until then.

Last edited by SunDancer : 03-18-2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:27 PM   #165
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Steak. I hate having my mouth /jaw wired together (don't see my surgeon until the 3rd week of April). I miss out on the great foods for a while. I do actually have a normal-size jaw now (they distracted foward for a few months, then went in and molded it foward more. I hope the bone hardens quickly. But its worth it to go without good food for a while. This steakhouse is in New Orleans right?

Do you think it's worth downloading the patch right now, or should I just wait (til the laptop)? With a 5it takes a LONG time to download, and I'm really just going to get a grip on the game (not the serious, in-depth play you are having right now with all the countries I want) until then.

Oops, forgot about the surgery. Yes, this steakhouse is in New Orleans. Specifically, it is in the French Quarter right next to the in/famous Gold Club. Traffic was a beast, but tonight's dinner was one of the best business dinners ever. I was one of the most senior persons there, so I could afford to be fairly relaxed and have everyone else relax. We told some great stories and had a lot of laughs over some drinks and good food.

As far as the patch, it's a tossup. Personally, I would download the patch (doing it overnight if possible/necessary), but I could see the argument that it wasn't worth it since this is just a test game. However, the little bugs would bother me if I knew there was a patch out there to fix them.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-18-2005 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:42 PM   #166
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 13, 2010 -

The Following round-ups are also from the European Championship Qualifying matches:

Holland beat Iceland 4-0 and Ruud van Nistelrooy played very well as a substitute in this game.

Scotland beat Slovakia 2-1 and forward James McFadden scored both of those goals!

Turkey beat Liechtenstein 3-0, and Akin Serhat scored a goal for Turkey before being substituted.

The Czech Republic beat the Faroe Islands 3-1. Sweeper Zdenek Grygera assisted on one of the goals.

The Republic of Ireland lost to Austria 2-0, but Damien Duff and John O'Shea both played very well.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:54 PM   #167
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 16, 2010 -

Today we host Southampton. They are currently in 11th place in the EPL. We are currently in 6th, but we have 1 less game than all of the other teams. Southampton is led by left winger Bobby Convey who is playing spectacularly. Keeper Jason Brown is playing at a top notch level. The centrebacks Danny Higginbotham and Martin Cranie are both playing well. Leon Best is playing very well at striker with 9 goals in 10 starts, but the rest of the offense has been average at best. James Beattie only has 3 goals in 13 games and he has been poor to average the last few games. Right winger Christoph Preub is skilled, but hasn't played well recently.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 50's.

DC: Ferdinand
DR: Grygera
ML: Downing
MC: Fletcher
SC: McFadden
SC: Rooney

S2: Cook
S4: Smith
S5: King
Old 03-19-2005, 12:20 AM   #168
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Eagles pass into the box to Rooney.. hard shot by Rooney.. the keeper blocks it.. Downing shoots the rebound.. another great save by the keeper.. Fletcher shoots the rebound.. another save by the keeper.. the defense finally clears it.

8 minute mark: Eagles is called for pushing a defender which ends a breakaway.. Djemba is angry at the call.. he argues.. yellow card for Djemba.

10 minute mark: Eagles passes to Rooney.. he puts a move on two defenders.. gets open in the box.. dribbles to his right.. around the keeper.. he seems to have an open shot.. shoots.. the keeper dives back.. punches it over the bar.

12 minute mark: McFadden steals it at midfield.. passes it to Rooney in the box.. he shoots.. barely wide left.

22 minute mark: Fletcher passes to Djemba just outside the box.. he unleashes a hard curving shot.. the keeper dives.. barely pushes it wide right. corner kick awarded. Downing kicks it to Lucio in the middle of the box.. he heads it to Rooney who shoots.. wide left!

32 minute mark: Amoah passes it into the box to Beattie.. Beattie puts a great crossover dribble on Lucio to give himself space.. shoots.. upper right corner.. it's past Howard.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

40 minute mark: Eagles passes to Rooney in the right corner of the pitch.. he crosses to Djemba just outside the box.. hard curving shot.. great save by the keeper.

45 minute mark: Downing puts a move on two defenders.. passes to Eagles.. he passes back to Fletcher.. Fletcher passes to Downing in the box.. he shoots.. hard shot.. towards the right corner.. it hits the post and bounces wide.

46 minute mark: Downing takes the corner.. it sails over Rooney's jumping attempt at header.. it sails to McFadden's feet to Rooney's right.. McFadden shoots.. upper right corner! GOAL!!!! 1-1.

Halftime: 1-1. We have over 65,000 fans here today.

50 minute mark: Downing steals it at midfield.. burns his man.. crosses to Rooney.. he heads it.. the keeper punches it away.. Djemba gets it.. hard shot.. the keeper saves it cleanly.

61 minute mark: Mcfadden crosses to Rooney.. who heads it.. over the bar. Rooney only has a 6 and is tired, I sub in King for him. Fletcher is also tired, so I sub in Cook.

72 minute mark: Downing gets a yellow card for holding Preub's jersey.

81 minute mark: Downing crosses long to Eagles just inside the right edge of the box.. he passes immediately to King just in front of the goal.. King gets it.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1! That is King's first goal for Manchester United!

86 minute mark: Djemba steals it at midfield.. he passes to McFadden in the left corner of the pitch.. McFadden passes to Downing in the box.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 3-1. That is Downing's first career goal for Manchester United!

Game over. 3-1 win for us.

We outshot them 22-3 (14-2 on target)

Downing had a 10 for form, won MoM, 10 of 15 passes, 0 tackles, 1 of 3 headers, 1 interceptions, 14 runs (he is having his way with most right wingers), 2 fouls drawn, 1 assist, and 1 goal.

McFadden and Djemba both had 9's for form. Ferdinand had an 8 for form. Rooney had a 6, and the rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:22 AM   #169
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

it's 2k4. i need a new goalie.

i can afford $50+mil.

who would you go get?
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:28 AM   #170
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Stewart Downing injured his groin this match. He will miss approximately 2 weeks.

James McFadden damaged his shoulder and will miss approximately 5 days.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:29 AM   #171
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkenst
it's 2k4. i need a new goalie.

i can afford $50+mil.

who would you go get?

Personally, I'd go with Iker Casillas. I think he is one of the most consistently spectacular keepers in the game.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:57 AM   #172
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 19, 2010 -

Alfonso, a young talented left winger has returned from his loan at Millwall. He looks much improved since when he went, and he is now valued at 11 million dollars. This young Spanish player will continue to play in the reserves, but he could get some time with my main team in the near future. He is appearing to have the potential to be a regular for us in a few years.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:03 AM   #173
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 20, 2010 -

Today we host Reading. We are in 5th place (but still with one more game to play than anyone else) while Reading is in 19th place. Reading has a decent defense, but their offense is slow and not very productive. Striker Daniele Corvia leads the team with 2 goals. Their solid defense is led by Calum Davenport and Ibrahimi sonko at centreback and Steve Finnan at right back. Their keeper Iain Turner is having a rough season and is becoming demoralized. Their left winger Chris Cohen has been on of the most consistent performers.

We are very heavy 1-3 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 40's today.

Going to give a few stars needed rest in this fairly easy match.

SC: Marino (a 24 year old striker who just returned from a successful loan period.)

S2: Grygera
S5: King

Chivu, O'Shea, Mamam, Downing, McFadden, and Serhat are all hurt!
Old 03-19-2005, 01:23 AM   #174
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Silvestre gets the ball in our zone.. passes it up the left sideline to Duff.. he puts a move on a defender.. dribbles up the pitch.. into the left corner.. crosses to the near post.. Marino heads it.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

6 minute mark: Saha passes to Duff on the left wing.. he crosses long to Eagles.. he passes back to Cook just outside the box.. Cook unleashes a shot so hard that I don't see it until it stops in the back of the net! POWERFUL shot! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

9 minute mark: Saha passes to Eagles who crosses back to Marino.. he heads it.. barely wide left.

27 minute mark: Eagles crosses to Saha who heads it.. good save by the keeper.

38 minute mark: Duff centers to Saha in the box who shoots.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar. On the ensuing corner.. Duff finds Saha in the box.. he jumps.. he is pushed down by the keeper.. Penalty shot awarded! Cook (he has amazing penalty shooting ability) steps up... the keeper blocks his powerful shot.. Cook races to the rebound.. passes it to Marino in the center of the box.. Marino fires it into the open net (as the keeper had raced Cook to the rebound.) GOAL!!!! 3-0.

Halftime: 3-0 lead. We have over 65,000 fans watching us dominate Reading.

56 minute mark: Eagles crosses to Cook in the box.. hard shot.. the keeper barely tips it over the bar.

63 minute mark: Smith on for Saha, and Neville on for Eagles. I'm leaving Marino on to give him a shot at the hattrick. Lucio and Ferdinand are really starting to jell as a dymanic duo at centreback and are dominating the defensive end.

68 minute mark: No sooner do I praise him, then Lucio gets a yellow card for a trip on Tommy Smith.

85 minute mark: Neville crosses to Marino in the box.. he heads it.. barely over the bar.

88 minute mark: cook gets a yellow card for a trip on Finnan.

Game over. 3-0 win. We dominated possession today.

We outshot them 18-0 (10-0 on target)

Damien Duff had a 10 for form and won MoM, 33 of 37 passes, 4 of 5 tackles, 4 of 4 headers, 6 runs, 5 fouls drawn, 1 assist.

Cook had a 9 for form. Marino, Brown, Lucio, Ferdinand, Eagles, and Marino all had 8's for form. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-19-2005, 01:36 AM   #175
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 23, 2010 -

Today we travel to play West Brom. We are now caught up on games and we are in 2nd place (2 points behind first place Arsenal.) West Brom is currently in 8th place. They have excellent keeping by Federico Vilar complimented by a diverse offensive attack. Strikers Ben Paszkowec, Johan Elmander, and Michael Chopra each have 4 goals. Midfielder Mark Wilson has 3 goals, and left winger Kasper Lorentzen has 2 goals and a handful of assists already.

We are 4-7 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the low 50's.

DR: Grygera
MR: Fletcher (Eagles needs a day off.)
SC: Smith
SC: King

S2: Brown
S3: Beville
S4: Saha
S5: Ruud van Nistelrooy (RvN for short.)
Old 03-19-2005, 01:55 AM   #176
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: They hit us on the counterattack.. long pass to Lorentzen who passes to Davis just outside the box.. he shoots a long shot.. upper right corner.. it bounces off the post.. and into the net! GOAL. Down 1-0.

43 minute mark: Howard stops a long shot by Davis.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for them. They controlled time of possession. They have over 30,000 fans here today.

61 minute mark: Cook with a spectacular 40 yard pass to get King an open shot.. he shoots a hard curving shot into the upper left hand corner of the net.. the keeper dives.. and catches it! Nice save for him.

65 minute mark: King is exhausted. I put RvN on for him. I also put Saha on for Smith who is tired.

68 minute mark: Duff passes into the box for Saha.. he shoots from 17 yards out.. lower right corner.. the keeper runs.. saves the shot.

75 minute mark: Silvestre with a nice pass over a defender to get the ball to Duff deep in enemy turf.. he immediately crosses towards the near post.. RvN outjumps Gaardsoe.. he heads it.. into the upper left corner! GOAL!!!! 1-1.

77 minute mark: Djemba steals it at midfield.. he passes to Fletcher on the right wing.. Fletcher takes a few steps.. crosses all the way across the field to Duff.. he dribbles up the pitch.. crosses towards the far post.. RvN with a diving header.. into the upper right corner! GOAL!!!! 2-1!

80 minute mark: Ferdinand heads away an offensive attack.. ignites a counter attack.. Cook with a 50 yard pass.. right to Saha who is just outside the box.. he dribbles into the box.. dribbles to his left.. fires a shot into the left side of the net! GOAL!!!! 3-1. That is his first goal of the season.

Game over. 3-1 win (Thanks to Ruud van Nistelrooy and Saha!)

We were outshot 9-5 (but 5-4 on target in our favor.)

Duff had a 9 for form and won MoM, 23 of 26 passes, 5 of 6 tackles, 6 of 11 headers, 2 interceptions, 4 runs, 2 assists.

Craig King had a 7. Everyone else on the team had an 8 (including the subs.)
Old 03-19-2005, 02:02 AM   #177
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 23, 2010 -

David Platt has been fired from Brighton and Hove Albion's manager position.

Cardiff Striker Lewis Guy (I remember him from last year) has had his agent approach me with video of his client. The video is impressive as Guy had a 2 goal, 1 assist game. However, I feel we have a good group of strikers and that is one position I won't seek to add anymore unless the player is great or has the potential to be great. Guy is very good, but at 25 he is unlikely to improve further. I pass on making an offer at this time.

We are temporarily in 1st, but Arsenal hasn't played their match against Chelsea yet (it will be on Tv Tomorrow.) If they lose that match, we will legitimately have 1st all to ourselves. Otherwise, we will either be tied for 1st or in 2nd if they win.

Wigan is last in the league with a record of 1 win, 1 draw, and 10 losses so far.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:28 PM   #178
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 24, 2010 -

Chelsea crushed Arsenal 5-1 and as a result, I'm currently alone in 1st place with all of the teams having played 12 games so far. We have 26 points with an 8-2-2 record. Liverpool is 2nd with 25 points. Arsenal and Newcastle are right beind us with 24 points. Chelsea is in 5th with 23 points, and Fulham is 6th with 22 points.
Old 03-19-2005, 04:33 PM   #179
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 26, 2010 -

Grygera and Lucio were both selected to EPL Team of the Week.

Rio Ferdinand hurt his ankle in practice today

Here is an article regarding this in the newspaper:

"Rio Ferdinand is set to miss Manchester United's Crucial game with mighty Chelsea at Old Trafford on October 30th after suffering an ankle sprain.

The 31 year old central defender will be sidelined for at least 2 weeks and he is believed to be very frustrated at being injured during such an important stage of the season.

Fans of the Red Devils are praying that the team can hold together and sustain their challenge for the title whilst Ferdinand is absent."
Old 03-19-2005, 04:41 PM   #180
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 27, 2010 -

Today we travel to play Millwall in the 3rd round of the English League Cup. Millwall is currently 20th in the English Championship. Millwall is a poor team in comparision to our own. Only striker Simeon Jackson worries me as he is an explosive scorer. He has 10 goals in 12 games for Millwall. The defense is led by centreback Ardian Serioux. Their keeper, Richard McDonald is playing fairly well. Tommy Doherty has been their most consistent midfielder.

We are heavy 1-3 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the high 60's.

DC: O'Shea
DC: Lucio (would rest him if I had another DC that was good and available. We need Chivu back.)
ML: Alfonso (Giving this talented 19 year old his first start against this inferior team.)
SC: Marino (I'm going to rest Rooney til he feels he is in superb condition again.)

S2: Grygera
S5: van Nistelrooy.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:04 PM   #181
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

2 minute mark: Brown gets a yellow card for a trip on Jackson.

10 minute mark: Tommy Doherty is injured and has to leave the ame. Gary Dempsey comes on for him.

12 minute mark: Lucio gets a yellow card for a trip on Jackson.

16 minute mark: Christopher Eagles gets a yellow card for pushing Rhoys Wiggins! 3 yellow cards for our team already!

17 minute mark: WTF! Brown gets a second yellow card for pushing Simeon Jackson. BS! He is sent off.

I pull Saha off the pitch and put Neville in at right fullback.

19 minute mark: Wiggins gets a yellow card for tripping Eagles. About time they got a yellow card.

28 minute mark: Michael Spence gets a yellow card for a trip on Eagles.

31 minute mark: Eagles steals the ball at midfield.. dribbles up the pitch.. passes to Marino in the box.. he crosses the ball to Alfonso on the left side of the pitch.. Alfonso with a hard left footed shot.. upper right corner.. it is past the keeper! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

38 minute mark: Alfonso puts a move on 3 defenders.. dribbles up the left side of the pitch.. crosses to Djemba just outside the box.. he shoots.. hard curving shot.. it hits the crossbar and bounces back.. the defense clears it.

40 minute mark: Neville steals it deep in our zone.. long pass to Marino.. he shoots.. lower right corner of the goal.. the keeper dives.. pushes it wide of the net.

44 minute mark: Silvestre picks up an injury, but insists he can keep playing.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for us. We are dominating possession for at least the last 20 minutes. They have over 19,000 fans here today.

Our physios are unsure if Silvestre can make it through the 2nd half. I might have to move O'Shea to left fullback and bring in Grygera at DC. We'll watch the situation closely.

60 minute mark: Silvestre looks better now. Marino was just tripped by Matt Potter. Potter gets a yellow card.

63 minute mark: Adrian Serioux gets a yellow card for tripping Marino.

82 minute mark: Cook steals it at midfield.. passes it to Djemba just outside the box.. Djemba with a hard curving shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper tips it.. but it still sails into the goal! GOAL!!!! 2-0.

Game over. 2-0 win for us. Glad to see that we still could dominate possession and score despite being down a man most of the match.

We outshot them 16-9 (9-4 on target)

Almost eeryone on the team had an 8 for form except for Jamie Cook, John O'Shea, and Phil Neville who all had 7's.

Djemba won Mom, 26 of 27 passes, 4 of 5 tackles, 7 of 10 headers, 1 interception, 2 runs, and 1 goal.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:06 PM   #182
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info: We were awarded 52,000 dollars for that win in the English League Cup. Wes Brown is automatically suspended for our next match.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:12 PM   #183
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

October 29, 2010 -

We had a rather unfortunate draw for the 4th round of the English League Cup. We will be facing Chelsea on their pitch. Of course, they are also our next EPL opponent.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:23 PM   #184
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct. 30, 2010 -

Today we play against Chelsea in an EPL match. They have a very talented team and are currently running a pyramid shaped 4-3-2-1. They have left top notch talent at every position. Left fullback Wayne Bridge is still very good at 30 years old. Centreback Ricardo Carvalho is likely their weakest defender, but is still good. John Terry starts alongside him, and he is a very good centreback. Right back GLen Johnson is fast and talented. In the narrow Midfield they have talent across the board in Sanli Tuncay, Arjen Robben, and Wesley Sneijder (I wanted to acquire those last two players.) In their two attacking midfield spots, they have Joe Cole and Diego who are both very talented players. Finally at the striker position, they have Adriano who is a world class striker. They will be tough to beat.

Perhaps because we are at home, we are 6-4 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the low 40's.

Despite my desire to rest Rooney til he is completely rested, I'm starting him this game. He hasn't played in 2 weeks and should be fit enough to play well.

DR: Grygera (Brown is suspended.)
ML: Downing (freshly back from injury.)
SC: McFadden
SC: Rooney

S2: Neville
S3: Duff
S4: King
S5: van Nistelrooy

TV INFO:

Wayne Rooney is considered out key player by the announcers while Petr Cech is considered Chelsea's top player. He has only allowed 15 games in 17 goals. The announcers are predicting that we will end in a draw today.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:28 PM   #185
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Where do you get the TV info?
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 05:43 PM   #186
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

18 minute mark: After Chelsea attacking us early, we initiate an attack. McFadden passes from midfield to Rooney in the box.. hard shot.. it hits the crossbar. The keeper pounces on the rebound.

31 minute mark: Djemba gets a yellow card for a trip on Diego.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Lucio is playing a brilliant defensive game. Our entire team is playing well. We have over 75,000 fans here today. Downing is playing well, but is getting tired, especially since he just came back from injury. I might sub Duff on soon.

47 minute mark: Adriano gets a yellow card for a trip on Lucio.

54 minute mark: Bridge gets a yellow card for a trip in Rooney.

60 minute mark: McFadden collides with Terry and seems to be hurt quite badly.. McFadden has to be subbed out of the match. I put Craig King on for McFadden.

Downing also worn out, I put Duff on for him.

Game over. Hard fought match that ends in a 0-0 tie.

We each had 7 shots. We each had 3 shots on target.

Petr Cech wins MoM.

All of our guys had 7's for form.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:44 PM   #187
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
Where do you get the TV info?

When you are in the preview screen where it shows both sides' formations there is a button on the upper right hand corner (at least on the skin I'm using) and if you click on it, one of the bottom options is TV Info.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:53 PM   #188
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Liverpool won their match and are now in 1st place. We are in 2nd, just one point behind Liverpool.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:01 PM   #189
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 1, 2010 -

The Manchester United Board are very pleased with my performance as manager.

Aston Villa's Daniel Bierofka has won the EPL Player of the Month. Damien Duff came in 2nd, and Ledley King of Tottenham came in 3rd.

Jamie Cook won the Young Player of the Month Award. Craig Scott of Newcastle came in 2nd, and Jordi of Liverpool came in 3rd.

I won manager of the month for guiding my team to 4 victories in our last 6 games. Jose Mourinho of Chelsea came in 2nd, and Tony Colbert of Liverpool came in 3rd.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:03 PM   #190
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 2, 2010 -

Alan Irvine has been sacked by Middlesbrough who are currently 16th in the EPL.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:17 PM   #191
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 4, 2010 -

Today we host Real Sociedad in our first Euro Cup group match. This game will be televised. Real Sociedad is currently 10th in the Spanish First Division. We are currently 2nd in the EPL. Real Sociedad has been led by the superior play of midfielder Kleberson who is a former Manchester United player. He has had a great year so far. Their Turkish striker Nihat has also had a great year so far, and he has 6 goals in 11 games. Left Fullback Gabriel Ivan Heinze has led the defensive line which has been good. Their keeper, Asier Riesgo, is a top notch keeper.

We are even odd favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the 30's today.

SC: Smith
SC: King

S3: Grygera
S4: van Nistelrooy
S5: Alfonso
S6: Saha
S7: Djemba

The button for TV info is "view" with TV Info being the bottom option.

The announcers believe Lucio is our key player as we have only conceded 7 goals in the 12 games that the world class centreback has started in.

Kleberson is believed to be Real Sociedad's key player. The announcers believe it will be a close game, but that we will win.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:34 PM   #192
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1 minute mark: Cook passes to Duff in the left corner of the pitch.. he passes back to Cook just outside the match.. Cook shoots a shot that is so hard that I don't see it, but I hear it as it clangs off the crossbar. Romeo clears the rebound.

7 minute mark: Duff crosses to King who shoots.. his shot is blocked by a defender.. it sails back to Fletcher who immediately passes back into the box for King.. he turns.. shoots a very powerful curving shot.. it sails into the upper right corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0. What a goal by King!

13 minute mark: Duff passes to Cook just outside the box.. very hard shot.. barely wide righgt.

27 minute mark: Fletcher passes to Alan Smith in the left side of the box.. good shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper saves it.

33 minute mark: Alan Smith falls down in the box on a breakaway.. yellow card for diving.

Halftime: 1-0 lead. Lucio has been key in shutting down their offense. We have over 65,000 fans here today.

62 minute mark: Lucio takes a free kick and passes it to Eagles just outside the box.. he passes back to Fletcher.. Fletcher shoots from 30 yards out.. hard low curving shot.. it curves.. curves.. into the lower right corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 2-0! That was an excellent curling shot, and it was Fletcher's first goal of the year.

73 minute mark: Bruno with a long range shot.. easy save for Howard.

75 minute mark: King is tired. I sub RvN for him. I also sub Saha on for Smith who is tired. Finally, I give Alfonso some experience since Duff is tired.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 15-2 (9-1 on target)

Fletcher had an 8 for form and won MoM, 30 of 36 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 2 of 7 headers, 3 interceptions, 1 run, 1 assist, and 1 goal.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:40 PM   #193
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

We were awarded 160,000 dollars for that Euro Cup win.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:43 PM   #194
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov 6, 2010 -

Newcastle boss Fernando Vazquez has said that he doubts Manchester United will be able to put together a strong challenge for the EPL title this year. He says, "Christopher Engles still has a lot to prove at this level yet, and I don't think my side has anything to be worried about in our upcoming match."

I reply to Skysports.com with the following quote:

"From what I've heard, I'm not sure that Fernando Vazquez is the type of manager that should be in the game still. I'm never one to condemn a man from hearsay, and I will give Fernando Vazquez plenty of chances to prove me wrong."
Old 03-19-2005, 06:50 PM   #195
weinstein7
High School JV

EF,

How does correspondence with the media work in FM? Are you given a list of possible responses, do you mix and match from set phrase lists, or do you type whatever you want and then the engine identifies key words, or is it something else entirely?
weinstein7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 07:05 PM   #196
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nov. 7, 2010 -

Today we travel to play Newcastle in an EPL match. They are currently in 3rd place while we are currently in 2nd. They have a world class squad. Their keeper Kenneth Stenild has been amazing so far this season. Couple his excellent keeping with a great offense led by striker Lukas Podolski who has 14 goals in 14 appearances, and it is easy to see why Newcastle is doing well. Podolski isn't doing it along, his partner Diomansy Kamara also has 7 goals in 17 starts. Julio has 4 goals as well from the striker position. Midfielder Fabian Ernst has 4 goals. Their centrebacks have been average, but are quite skilled. It will be a tough match, particularly since I'm resting Rooney for our match with Chelsea in 3 days.

We are even odd favorites.

It's is windy, raining, and temperatures are in the low 50's.

ML: Downing
SC: Marino

S3: Grygera
S4: Ruud van Nistelrooy
S5: Alfonso
Old 03-19-2005, 07:06 PM   #197
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinstein7
EF,

How does correspondence with the media work in FM? Are you given a list of possible responses, do you mix and match from set phrase lists, or do you type whatever you want and then the engine identifies key words, or is it something else entirely?

You are given a choice of about 10 possible responses. You aren't told exactly how you will word it, but the choices are fairly obvious from the description of each response. You can also initiate media interactions about any player or manager at any time. It isn't restricted to replies.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:35 PM   #198
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

9 minute mark: Meghni gets the ball from their keeper.. he passes it into the box to Julio.. Julio on the right side of the box.. blasts a shot.. upper left corner.. Howard dives.. it is out of his reach.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

12 minute mark: Meghni gets a yellow card for a nasty tackle on Downing.

20 minute mark: Saha steals it from a defender deep in their turf.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. good save by the keeper.

26 minute mark: Downing crosses to Eagles in the right side of the box.. he shoots.. wide right.

Halftime: 1-0 lead for Newcastle. They are outplaying us at this point. They have over 50,000 fans here tonight.

52 minute mark: They have a full on attack.. Lucio intercepts a pass.. passes it to Marino just outside our own box.. he passes down most of the pitch to Saha who is hanging back with only 1 defender.. Saha puts a move on the defender.. dribbles into the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

55 minute mark: O'Shea heads away a corner kick.. Marino gets the ball.. passes long to Saha.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. past the keeper.. it hits the crossbar! They clear the rebound.

58 minute mark: O'Shea with a header to Fletcher.. he passes to Djemba who is breaking down field.. Djemba with a breakaway.. hard shot.. good save by the keeper.

61 minute mark: Marino is tired, I sub on Ruud van Nistelrooy. I also sub on Grygera for Brown who is tired.

65 minute mark: Downing gets a yellow card for tripping Jensen.

73 minute mark: Eagles with a brilliant dribble down the right side of the pitch.. great moves on 2 different defenders.. crosses.. far post.. Saha with a diving header.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1! What a goal!

85 minute mark: Downing with a strong dribble.. crosses to Ruud van Nistelrooy.. strong header.. the keeper barely blocks it.. Eagles shoots the rebound.. Kroidrup saved a goal for his keeper by heading away the shot.

86 minute mark: Diego Placente gets a yellow card for tripping Eagles.

88 minute mark: Grygera intercepts a pass for Podolski.. he passes all the way down the pitch to the right corner of the box.. Ruud gets to it.. centers for Saha.. hard shot.. amazing save by the keeper to block it.. the defense clears.

91 minute mark: Downing crosses to Eagles who heads it to Ruud van Nistelrooy in the center of the box.. he heads it into the upper left corner of the goal! GOAL!!!! 3-1. Very nice looking team goal.

Game over. 3-1 win We dominated the second half.

We outshot them 20-10 (10-6 on target)

Downing wins MoM, 10 for form, 26 of 27 passes, 6 of 11 tackles, 0 of 2 headers, 1 intercpetion, 7 runs, 1 foul drawn.

Saha also had a 10 for form, Eagles had a 9. RvN, Silvestre, O'Shea, Lucio, and Fletcher all had 8's. The rest of the team had 7's.
Old 03-19-2005, 07:37 PM   #199
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

David Gill was thrilled with our win over Newcastle tonight. We are currently first in the EPL with a 2 point lead over Liverpool. The TV news announcers feel that if we maintain our current form, no team will be able to stop us or catch us.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:03 PM   #200
finkenst
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan27
In the narrow Midfield they have talent across the board in Sanli Tuncay, Arjen Robben, and Wesley Sneijder (I wanted to acquire those last two players.)

fwiw, arjen robben is a "wonderkind" in my game.
finkenst is offline   Reply With Quote