Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #1
dfisher
High School JV

Pacific Northwest Wrestling - Total Extreme Wrestling 2008 - DOTT Dynasty

Following molson's and BYU 14's outstanding dynasties, I figured I'd give it a go. It seems that the southeast US is covered with those two, so I went with one that was a little unfamiliar to me, the Pacific Northwest Wrestling.

I start out the game the 17th highest ranked company (E+ prestige) in the game, a regional fed owned by Don Owen. I start out D- popularity in the Northwest, E in the Southwest, and F+ or lower everywhere else.

I do have one TV show, Big Time Wrestling, showed late Saturday evenings on TV-Local Northwest. Tapings occur on Thursdays. This is my only event, with the exception of one monthly event.

I have my work cut out for me, as you will see from my opening roster.

dfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Can't wait to read this one. Good luck!
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #3
dfisher
High School JV

Opening Roster

Main Eventers
“Playboy” Buddy Rose - Heel
Dutch Savage - Face
Rip Oliver - Heel
Jules Strongbow - Face

Rose is by far the strongest member of my roster. It looks like Savage is my top face; he's on $4000/month written contract, so I should be safe to push him, but he's also 42 years old. Rip Oliver is probably my 2nd best wrestler. It says he makes a great tag team with the Assassin.

Upper Midcarders
Kendo Nagasaki - Heel
Rip Rodgers -Heel
Al Madril - Heel
Dean Ho - Face

Very heel-heavy top of the roster. Dean Ho is on the downside of his career.

Midcarders
Billy Jack – Face
Dizzy Ed Hogan – Face
Steve Strong – Heel
Assassin – Heel
Easy Ed Wiskowski – Heel
Sheik Abdullah Ali - Heel

Once again, more heels than faces. Billy Jack Haynes is an up and comer, so I have big plans for him. Hogan is Brutus Beefcake. Wiskowski is Buddy Rose's right hand man.

Lower Midcarders
Dean Malenko - Face
Don Running Bear - Face
Dr. Tom Pritchard – Heel

Two potential future stars in Malenko and Pritchard.

Opener
Billy Two Eagles – Face
Mean Mike Miller – Heel

Occasional Wrestler
Bull Ramos – Heel
Stan Stasiak – Face
Joe Malenko – Heel

Others
Brenda Britton – Heel Manager (Rip Oliver)
Percy Pringle – Heel Manager (Kendo Nagasaki)
Don Coss - Announcer
Sandy Barr - Referee
Scott Gonzalez - Referee
Tony Borne - Road Agent
Don Owen - owner/authority figure
Old 09-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Seems like it's already time to raid Stampede.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
dfisher
High School JV

Titles

PNW Heavyweight Title - 80% Prestige
Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan

So I have a midcarder as my first champion . . .awesome.

PNW Tag Team Titles – 75% Prestige
Stan Stasiak and Billy Jack

Not bad, Stasiak can be kind of a mentor for Billy Jack

PNW Television Title – 25% Prestige (This is a low level title)
Easy Ed Wiskowski

With my roster needing some help, I send out feelers to the following: Dynamite Kid, Stan Hansen, and Curt Hennig. I then go the creative meeting, and they suggest Magnum T.A. and La Parka, done. In addition, I offer Steve Armstrong as an opener and try to bring in Eddie Gilbert.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:45 AM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

man, that's gonna be a long climb!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:10 AM   #7
dfisher
High School JV

I get my first owner goals.

Goal #1: PNW must not fall below regional level for 28 months (Critical). Thanks Don, I wasn't planning on it.

Goal #2: Playboy Buddy Rose must be kept above B- momentum for 18 months (High). Once again, this was probably in my plans anyway.

Goal #3: No hiring or extending a wrestler with less than D- in Psychology (Average) Might mean no real young wrestlers.

Goal #4: No hiring or extending wrestlers with known problems with the law (Average).
Old 09-10-2009, 11:12 AM   #8
dfisher
High School JV

Thursday Week 1 – Big Time Wrestling – 2000 people In Northwest (sellout)

PRESHOW
Dean Malenko defeated Mean Mike Miller with the Texas Cloverleaf (D-). This match brought the crowds' mood down. After the match, Malenko gave a promo with Don Coss (D-).

Steve Strong has an interview in which he taunts Billy Two Eagles.
"Billy Two Eagles's mom wanted a girl. His father wanted a boy, and they were both satisfied! Woooo!" (E+)

Steve Strong defeated Billy Two Eagles in 5:14 by pinfall with an Iron Glove. (E+) Strong got “go away” heat. This match also brought the crowds' mood down.

TELEVISED PORTION OF THE SHOW

PNW Heavyweight Champion Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan opened the show with an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Dutch Savage (C).

Jules Strongbow defeated Bull Ramos in 5:56 by submission with an Indian Deathlock. (D+) Strongbow seemed off his game tonight. Rip Oliver attacks Jules Strongbow in the ring, and leaves him down and out. (C+)

Percy Pringle III had an interview hyping the upcoming singles match between his client Kendo Nagasaki and Dizzy Ed Hogan. (E+) Kendo Nagasaki then defeated Dizzy Ed Hogan in 6:58 by pinfall after Percy Pringle III interfered.
(E+). Pringle and Nagasaki have zero chemistry together. Hogan, who the rowdy crowd was all over, was visibly tiring at the end. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski cut a promo hyping themselves (B-). Rose stated that he is the star of the show, and expressed disappointment that he is not in the main event. Wiskowski then took the mic and said that with the victory they will have tonight, he will hold 2 titles in PNW.

The cameras return to Don Coss at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming bout between Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan and Dutch Savage by speaking about recent events between the two.
"This promises to be a good one, folks. So don't miss it!" (D+)

Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski defeated Billy Jack and Stan Stasiak in 9:29 when Easy Ed Wiskowski defeated Billy Jack by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski win the PNW Heavyweight Tag Team titles. (C-) Stasiak and Billy Jack showed good chemistry. Rose shone in the match; Billy Jack, on the other hand, did not thrill the crowd with his wrestling. Afterwards, the new champs celebrated in the ring (B-)

Dutch Savage cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming non-title match with Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan. (B) Savage then defeated Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan in 12:13 by pinfall with a Leaping Piledriver. (C-) Hassan seemed off his game. Afterwards, Savage then challenged Hassan to a title match (B-)

Final Rating – D+

Thoughts:

Final rating seems a little low. It looks like I am on the right track with my long term plans of Savage vs. Rose, but I have to get there first. My faces are awfully weak. Hogan has no stamina, and I was greatly surprised by the crowd hating on Billy Jack. I have big plans for him.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #9
dfisher
High School JV

NEWS

Steve Armstrong agrees to come in as a face opener at $400 PPA.

Jules Strongbow needs a break after his last match.

Saturday rolls around and Big Time Wrestling receives a 0.00 rating. Ouch. Is that normal for such a small promotion in TEW '08?

Anyways, I get some good news as people agree to come in: Magnum TA is a midcard face at $600 PPA. That seems like it could be a steal. Tonga Kid is in as a lower midcard face at $450 PPA, and Eddie Gilbert agrees to come in at $800 PPA. I assign him as an upper midcard face. He works better as a heel, but I need some top card faces. Just means he eventually gets to turn. I get a warning that Gilbert has known run-ins with the law, and the game reminds me of the owner's goal. I hire Gilbert anyway. That hurts my relationship with Don Owen a little.

La Parka agrees to come in as an enhancement talent, but his Pysch rating is too low. It's not worth further angering the boss over La Parka.

My next card is my big monthly card, which kind of sucks because I don't have much build-up for it. I'm probably going to have to just treat it like a normal card; at least it isn't THE big one for me. Magnum TA, Eddie Gilbert, Strongbow, and Nagasaki are unavailable for this one.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #10
dfisher
High School JV

NEWS

I somehow convince Gino Hernandez to sign with PNW. He comes in at a hefty $1500 a show, but it seems worth it.

I haven't been updating news from around wrestling; I'm just trying to get my head around this roster. If anyone wants to know anything just let me know. I'll start updating everything else shortly.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #11
dfisher
High School JV

PNW: PORTLAND MEMORIAL COLISEUM SHOW – VERY SMALL VENUE 2000 (SOLD OUT)
Preshow

New signee Steve Armstrong cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (E) Joe Malenko defeated Steve Armstrong in 6:06 by submission with a Camel Clutch Sleeperhold. (D-) The crowd didn't seem thrilled seeing Steve Armstrong wrestle; this match brought the crowd's mood down.

Steve Strong defeated Billy Two Eagles in 4:38 by pinfall with an Iron Glove. (D-) A hot crowd was against Steve Strong,chanting for him to not come back. This match brought the crowd's mod down.

Highlights of the recent bout between Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan and Dutch Savage are played in a video package. (C)

Main Show

Dutch Savage is in the ring when Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan comes out. He says that he refuses the challenge. ©

The Tonga Kid and Dean Ho come out to the announcers podium. Tonga Kid thanks Ho for all the helpful advice throughout the past weeks. Both men shake hands and walk off camera together. (C-) Rip Rogers and Assassin defeated Dean Ho / The Tonga Kid in 8:34 when Rip Rogers defeated The Tonga Kid by pinfall with The Hustle (D). Assassin looked good; Brenda Britton did good work at ringside.

Rip Oliver defeated Don Running Bear in 4:55 by pinfall with a Piledriver in a dominating performance. (C-) Oliver came out of the match looking good. After the match is over, Don Running Bear is left down. Rip Oliver is celebrating, but then stops and sees his opponent still on the ground. He attacks, and beats him into the canvas (D+)

The camera returns to the announcer's desk, where Don Coss welcomes the audience back. After going on about the many past accomplishments and history between the two, Coss brings out Gino Hernandez from off camera.
The two exchange greetings and discuss Hernandez's recent history. At the conclusion of the interview, Hernandez promises to do his best. (E)

Gino Hernandez defeated Dean Malenko in 10:01 by pinfall with a Reverse Flying Elbow Drop. (D-) This match brought the crowd's mood down. The match is over, and Gino Hernandez is celebrating. Dean Malenko walks over and offers his hand as a sign of respect, but Hernandez just laughs and refuses the handshake. (E-)

Dutch Savage is backstage with Don Owen. He asks to be given a chance to wrestle Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan in a singles match for the title, and Mr. Owen accepts the request for this week's Big Time Wrestling! (B-)

Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan defeated Stan Stasiak in 5:44 by submission with a Camel Clutch. (D-) This match brought the crowd's mood down. Stan Stasiak is then attacked by Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan in the ring. Seeing the assault, Dutch Savage comes running in and chases Ali Hassan off, saving Stasiak from a serious beating. (C-)

Savage stays in the ring for the next match. Dutch Savage defeated Al Madril in 9:30 by pinfall with a Leaping Piledriver. ( C) Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan attacks Dutch Savage in the ring, and leaves him down and out, finally getting the best of him ( C).

Playboy Buddy Rose cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (B)

Playboy Buddy Rose defeated Billy Jack in 8:32 by submission with The Figure Four Leglock. During the match we also had Easy Ed Wiskowski run in and attack Billy Jack. (C-) A pretty vocal crowd didn't seem particularly thrilled seeing Billy Jack wrestle.

FINAL RATING - C-

THOUGHTS

Well, we have a bit of an improvement. Hopefully, a title match on tv this week will bring in the crowd. I think I'm going to go outside my region for the first time. Savage seems more than capable of holding up his end of the bargain in a match, we'll see about the Sheik.

I should just let Buddy Rose talk for 15 minutes a show; he is far and away my most talented wrestler. Unfortunately, I don't have him in a storyline right now.

Gino Hernandez's debut did not go over too well. I just have to be patient, since I know he has the skills to go to the top. Same with Magnum TA and Eddie Gilbert. Magnum will debut on the next TV show.

Rip Oliver sends a message to Jules Strongbow by destroying Don Running Bear.

I was pleasantly surprised with the Dean Ho/Tonga Kid team. They lost the match, but maybe kept Dean's job, as he seemed like a natural cut.

Steve Strong looks like he could be on his way out, as he is pretty much loathed.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #12
dfisher
High School JV

PNW – BIG TIME WRESTLING – WEEK 2 APRIL 1983 – SANTA BARBARA THEATER (SW REGION)ATTENDANCE 1000 – SOLD OUT

Preshow

Bull Ramos cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (C-) Bull Ramos defeated Steve Armstrong in 6:06 by submission with a Bearhug. (E+) A pretty vocal crowd was not thrilled with seeing Steve Armstrong wrestle. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Assassin defeated Don Running Bear in 6:29 by submission with a Castro Sleeper. (D) Both men were off their game tonight. Having picked up the victory, Assassin celebrates in the ring. (D-)

Main Show

A video plays hyping the goings on in the Dutch Savage vs. Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan storyline. (D-)

Rip Oliver defeated Billy Two Eagles in 4:13 by submission with a Sleeperhold. (D+) The match is over, and Billy Two Eagles is left down. Rip Oliver is celebrating, but then stops and sees his opponent still on the ground. He attacks, and beats him into the canvas. (D)

The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Magnum T.A. make an appearance. (E-) Magnum T.A. defeated Mean Mike Miller in 3:44 by pinfall with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex. (E+) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Billy Jack cuts a promo hyping up his skills, claiming that he will win tonight's battle royal for a TV title shot, then destroy Easy Ed Wiskowski.(E+) Percy Pringle III then comes out to the podium, along with Kendo Nagasaki. Pringle hypes his client as the second coming of pestilence. (D-)

Billy Jack won a battle royal in 9:57 to win the #1 contendership to the TV title. The final four competitors also included Dean Ho, Stan Stasiak and Dr. Tom Prichard, with Dean Ho being the final elimination. (D) The order of elimination was:

Dean Malenko by Joe Malenko
Tonga Kid by Dr. Tom Pritchard
Dizzy Ed Hogan by Kendo Nagasaki
Joe Malenko by Kendo Nagasaki
Al Madril by Dean Ho
Kendo Nagasaki by Billy Jack and Stan Stasiak
Stan Stasiak by Dr. Tom
Dr. Tom by Billy Jack
Dean Ho by Billy Jack

The crowd was once again not thrilled to see Billy Jack Haynes wrestle. Having picked up the win, Billy Jack celebrates in the ring (E+)

Rip Rogers comes to the ring. He says he is sick and tired of hearing about the “up and comer” Magnum T.A. Rogers challenges him to a match next week on Big Time Wrestling. (E)

Dutch Savage had an interview hyping his upcoming title match with Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan. (D-)

Dutch Savage defeated Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan in 11:37 by pinfall with a Leaping Piledriver. Dutch Savage wins the PNW Heavyweight title. (D) Savage then goes out into the crowd to celebrate. ( C).
FINAL SHOW RATING – D
This show can be considered a success. It should have increased our popularity.

THOUGHTS

I guess a D rating isn't too bad for the southwest region. I'm going to try to expand my TV show to the southwest as well when I am allowed to negotiate. Savage and Oliver were my only two expensive workers, and they are on written contracts so it didn't matter.

The Savage/Sheik title match didn't get over so well. Savage is a big legend in the northwest; I should have held off his title win until my next show. Sheik is about to move on to other things closer to the midcard where he belongs.

Billy Jack Haynes wins a TV title shot (probably in 2 weeks). His segments continue to not do well. I'll have to give him some promo time in the Northwest; he has good entertainment ratings. Before it was a no-brainer that he would be my TV champion, now I don't know.

Magnum TA has his debut; it goes OK. I need to get some good workers on the undercard.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #13
dfisher
High School JV

NEWS

Big Time Wrestling scores another 0.00 rating.

Georgia Championship Wrestling is in danger of losing their television show.

The website says that Billy Jack Haynes is starting to play backstage politics.

Next week's show features Magnum TA vs. Rip Rogers and a 6 man tag match of Buddy Rose/ Ed Wiskowski / Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan vs. Dutch Savage / Billy Jack Haynes / Stan Stasiak.

Also, since Don Coss is flying solo, I request negotiations for a couple of color commentators.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #14
PilotMan
Head Coach

Like the others, I'll be reading along. Keep it up!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:16 PM   #15
BYU 14
Coordinator

Nice choice, PNW is always overlooked and when you think about it the Western US is fairly wide open with your main competition being the AWA. Will be cool if you can become a force, you have a reader here.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:27 AM   #16
condors
College Starter

good luck!
condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:45 AM   #17
dfisher
High School JV

Thanks to everyone for following along. Nice to see people are reading.

NEWS

I bring in Dave Brown from CWA to be my color commentator; hopefully, that will help my television product.

I also bring in a road agent, George Cannon.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:23 AM   #18
dfisher
High School JV

PNW – BIG TIME WRESTLING – WEEK 3 APRIL 1983 – VERY SMALL VENUE (NW REGION)
ATTENDANCE 2000 – SOLD OUT

Preshow

Dr. Tom Prichard and Mean Mike Miller make their way to the podium, where Prichard announces to the world their utmost superiority -- mostly due to Prichard's toughness and stern leadership, and hypes their match with the Indians.
All the while, Miller nods his head in approval. (E+)

Dr. Tom Prichard and Mean Mike Miller defeated Indian War Party in 6:05 when Dr. Tom Prichard defeated Billy Two Eagles by submission with The Figure Four Leglock. (D-) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Magnum T.A. take on Rip Rogers. (D-)

The Tonga Kid defeated Joe Malenko in 7:01 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press. (E) These two didn't click at all, and this match brought the crowd's mood down.

Main Show

The camera starts with new announce Dave Brown at the podium, where he begins recounting the recent weeks events surrounding Rip Oliver and Jules Strongbow.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, I don't have to tell you about the love lost between Rip Oliver and Jules Strongbow over these past few weeks. Oliver has wanted to get his hands on Strongbow and has been viciously attacking Strongbow's friends, Billy Two Eagles and Don Running Bear. But on one of our last shows... Well, let's just go to video tape. As you'll clearly be able to witness for yourself, Rip Oliver has crossed the line." (C-)

Jules Strongbow comes out to the podium for an interview. He states that he will never give up the trail in chasing down Rip Oliver.
"I will beat you, Rip Oliver. It's just a matter of time before I avenge my brothers. I'll get what's mine, or I'll die trying." (C+)

Jules Strongbow defeated Assassin in 8:29 by submission with an Indian Deathlock (D) Afterwards, Strongbow challenges Oliver to a match next week! (C+)

Rip Rogers cuts an interview about his upcoming match with Magnum T.A., where he treats him with utter contempt, calling the match "a complete waste of time" and a "foregone conclusion". (C-)

Magnum T.A. defeated Rip Rogers in 8:41 by pinfall with a fast roll up. (D-) This match brought the crowd's mood down. After the match is over, Magnum T.A. is celebrating. Rip Rogers looks angry, and jumps him from behind, beating him down. (D-)

Playboy Buddy Rose, Easy Ed Wiskowski, and Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan give a spirited promo in which they unmercilessly taunt Dutch Savage, Billy Jack, and Stan Stasiak. ( C)

Gino Hernandez defeated Dizzy Ed Hogan in 5:44 by pinfall with a Reverse Flying Elbow Drop. (E-) The crowd was all over Hogan's case. This match brought the crowd's mood down. The bell has rung and the winner established. Gino Hernandez breaks out his ever-present towel and wipes himself down. Hernandez then shows his contempt by tossing the sweat-drenched towel atop a still grounded Dizzy Ed Hogan. (E)

The cameras return to Dave Brown at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming bout between Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski and Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan and Savage and Billy Jack and Stan Stasiak by speaking about recent events between the two teams; their histories, etc. (C-)

Playboy Buddy Rose, Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan and Easy Ed Wiskowski defeated Dutch Savage, Billy Jack and Stan Stasiak in 8:42 when Playboy Buddy Rose defeated Billy Jack by submission with The Figure Four Leglock. (C-) The crowd did not want to see Billy Jack wrestle.

FINAL RATING - D+
Old 09-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #19
dfisher
High School JV

THOUGHTS/NEWS

Next week, the TV show will feature Jules Strongbow vs. Rip Oliver, and Billy Jack Haynes vs. Ed Wiskowski for the Television Title.

The crowd continues to crap on Billy Jack's wrestling ability. I don't know what else to do with him. Time to drop him down the card and work on his skills.

He's in a better position than Dizzy Ed Hogan. The crowd just doesn't like him either. Gino Hernandez starts a new gimmick of wiping himself off and discarding the towel on his fallen opponent after a win. I like to think that fits in well with his cocky character.

I like the ratings the Strongbow/Oliver feud is getting. Strongbow is on the downside of his career, but he is over. Oliver could be big for me considering his contract.

Rogers/Magnum didn't do much, since Magnum is relatively unknown. I need to remember patience with some of these guys. Just because I know who they are, doesn't mean the crowd in PNW does.

I take a look at my finances for the first time; I know, I should have done that sooner. We have just under $100k in the bank, and have lost about $1900 this month. For this reason, I let go newly signed road agent George Cannon and referee Scott Gonzalez. Cannon made $1500 a show, and I can't afford that right now. That money is pretty much all my losses (plus running a show in the Southwest). I also couldn't find a reason to have a 2nd referee.

I try to get some young talent on the roster, but Davey Boy Smith rejects my negotiations request. I'm a little hurt by not really having a promotion in the Southwest, so there isn't anyone I can hire to get some overness there.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:49 AM   #20
dfisher
High School JV

PNW – BIG TIME WRESTLING – WEEK 4 APRIL 1983 – VERY SMALL VENUE (NW REGION)
ATTENDANCE 2000 – SOLD OUT

Preshow

Dizzy Ed Hogan cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (F+) Dizzy Ed Hogan defeated then Steve Strong in 5:25 by pinfall. (E-) The crowd chanted for Strong not to come back and were all over Hogan. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Al Madril defeated Billy Two Eagles in 5:55 by submission with an Abdominal Stretch. (D) He then celebrated in the ring (D)

Main Show

The show opens with Don Coss at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming bout between Jules Strongbow and Rip Oliver by speaking about recent events between the two.
"This promises to be a good one, folks. So don't miss it!" (C-)

Dean Ho / The Tonga Kid defeated Mean Mike Miller and Dr. Tom Prichard in 7:38 when Dean Ho defeated Dr. Tom Prichard by pinfall. (D-) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Rip Rogers is backstage with Don Owen. He asks to be given a chance to wrestle Magnum T.A. in a singles match. Mr. Owen rejects the request, causing Rogers to storm off. (D)

Billy Jack had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Easy Ed Wiskowski. (D+)

Eddie Gilbert made his PNW debut and defeated Assassin in 6:57 by submission with The Figure Four Leglock. (D-)
Afterwards, he gives a promo stating that he has come to PNW to show the fans true star power. (E+)

Easy Ed Wiskowski cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion, with not one - but TWO championships to his name.
"That's right, baby - I am YOUR Champion! Look at this Gold! It's almost as beautiful as me..." He then turns his attention to his match with Billy Jack Haynes(C-)

Easy Ed Wiskowski defeated Billy Jack in 7:30 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Easy Ed Wiskowski makes defence number 1 of his PNW Television title. (D-) The crowd didn't seem particularly thrilled with seeing Billy Jack wrestle; this match brought the crowd's mood down. After the match, the champion celebrated in the ring (C+)

Rip Oliver had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Jules Strongbow. (C+)

Jules Strongbow defeated Rip Oliver in 11:35 by disqualification when Oliver hit him with a steel chair. (C+) Oliver then continued to beat on a bloody Strongbow until Billy Two Eagles and Don Running Bear made the save. (C-)

Final Rating: C- This show can be considered a success. It should have increased our popularity.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #21
dfisher
High School JV

THOUGHTS/NEWS

The show gets another 0.00 rating.

Strongbow and Oliver deliver my highest rated match yet at C+, resulting in a C- final show, which is on the right track. That storyline isn't over yet, as the Indians help fight off Rip.

Billy Jack Haynes initial push results in a false start. Back to the midcard with him until he gets some skills the fans want to see. I was pleasantly suprised by Easy Ed Wikowski's non-wrestling segments.

Eddie Gilbert's debut wasn't too bad. I'm excited to see what he can do.

For next week, I book Dutch Savage vs. the Sheik in a rematch for the Heavyweight Title, and Dean Ho and Tonga Kid get at Tag Team Title shot.

I raise the Television Title to a midcard title; it seemed odd to have a low level belt, but no midcard belt.

Georgia Championship Wrestling loses their television show.
A few days later, so does MACW.

It is time for TV network negotiations. My contract lasts another season, but I negotiate to extend my reach by asking to put Big Time Wrestling onto a Southwest network.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:02 PM   #22
dfisher
High School JV

PNW – BIG TIME WRESTLING – WEEK 1 MAY 1983 – VERY SMALL VENUE (NW REGION)
ATTENDANCE 1898

Preshow

Percy Pringle III comes out to the podium, along with Kendo Nagasaki. Pringle hypes his client as the second coming of pestilence. (D-) Kendo Nagasaki defeated Steve Armstrong in 5:42 by pinfall with a Green Mist Blast. (E+) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Don Running Bear defeated Mean Mike Miller in 4:38 by pinfall. (D-) Bear and Miller have pretty good chemistry and it lifted the match. Don Running Bear then cuts a promo hyping up his skills (D-). He also sends out a warning to Rip Oliver, stating that he and Billy Two Eagles will have Jules Strongbow's back, as will the entire Native American community.

Main Show

After the opening, Don Coss is at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming bout between Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski and Dean Ho / The Tonga Kid for the PNW Tag Team Titles by speaking about recent events between the two teams; their histories, etc. (D+) Dave Brown then hypes up the main event PNW Heavyweight Title bout between Dutch Savage and Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan by speaking about recent events between the two.
"These two matches promise to be good ones, folks. So don't miss them!" (C-)

Dr. Tom Prichard defeated Dean Malenko in 6:47 by submission with The Figure Four Leglock. (D-)

Jules Strongbow comes to the ring and recaps his issues with Rip Oliver. He is upset that Oliver seems to have no appreciation for the Native American history so he will teach him some. Strongbow challenges Rip Oliver to an Indian Strap Match next week. ( C) Jules Strongbow is in the ring when Rip Oliver comes out. He says that he accepts the challenge, and will face him in a match. (B-) Oliver states that he's been doing his “Injun” history research, and he may teach Strongbow a thing or two.

Playboy Buddy Rose and Easy Ed Wiskowski make their way to the podium, where Rose announces to the world their utmost superiority -- mostly due to Rose's toughness and stern leadership and hypes their upcoming tag title match.
All the while, Wiskowski nods his head in approval. (B) Easy Ed Wiskowski then takes the microphone. He claims that he is so good that he cannot be defeated by anyone, and so he is making an open challenge for any wrestler on the roster to face him in a singles match for the Television Title next week! ©

Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski defeated Dean Ho / The Tonga Kid in 10:22 when Playboy Buddy Rose defeated The Tonga Kid by submission with a Sleeperhold. Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski make defence number 1 of their PNW Heavyweight Tag Team titles. ( C)

Dutch Savage cuts a promo hyping up his skills and says that he will erase any doubt and make sure that the Sheik doesn't get anywhere near the title while he is champ. (B-)

Al Madril defeated Stan Stasiak in 5:47 by submission with an Indian Deathlock. (D-)

Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Dutch Savage. ( C)

Dutch Savage defeated Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan in 12:29 by pinfall with a Leaping Piledriver. Dutch Savage makes defence number 1 of his PNW Heavyweight title. ( C)

FINAL RATING – C- / This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #23
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, I think you're doing a good job managing your non-wrestling segments into boosting your show.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:21 AM   #24
dfisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
FWIW, I think you're doing a good job managing your non-wrestling segments into boosting your show.

Thanks. I'm not blessed with a lot of good all-around workers, so I have to supplement with some out of the ring stuff. They are pretty much my highest rated segments.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:31 AM   #25
dfisher
High School JV

THOUGHTS/NEWS

Some good news, as we have back to back C- shows for the first time. The attendance drop is a little troubling; I'm going to head to the Southwest for the next few shows until the big Anniversary show at the end of May.

The Rip Oliver/Jules Strongbow storyline continues to shine, as does anything involving Buddy Rose. Oliver and Strongbow will main event next week in our first match with a stipulation.

Savage's first title defense went fairly well. He and Sheik faced each other 3 times already, so I have to be careful not to overdo that match.

-The show earns another 0.00 rating, and I get denied the opporunity to expand the show into the Southwest. I need to run some shows there to gain some popularity.

-Easy Ed Wiskowski left the last show early without telling anyone. I give him a slap on the wrist. I have his opponent picked out for next week, but I haven't decided which way I am going to go with it yet.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #26
dfisher
High School JV

PNW – BIG TIME WRESTLING – WEEK 2 MAY 1983 – RIVIERA HOTAL AND CASINO - NV (SW REGION)
ATTENDANCE 871

Preshow

The cameras catch Dizzy Ed Hogan handing over a personal momento to a lucky fan while making his way to the ring.
"And would you look at that! Hogan sure made that kid's day... What a guy!" (F+) Unfortunately for him, Bull Ramos defeated Dizzy Ed Hogan in 4:41 by submission with a Bearhug. (D-). A vocal crowd let Hogan have it. This match brought the crowd's mood down. After the match, Ramos cut a promo (C-). He reminded everyone, including Rip Oliver, that he was a Native American who was well aware of his heritage.

The cameras head to the announcer's podium where Dave Brown brings out Dean Ho. Brown begins to question Ho on a recent event, in which Ho credits his experience. Suddenly, Steve Strong strolls onto the set and begins vehemently arguing with Ho over said recent event. (D+) Dean Ho then defeated Steve Strong in 5:05 by pinfall. (D-)
The crowd was chanting for Strong not to come back; this match brought the crowd's mood down. Having picked up the victory, Dean Ho celebrates in the ring. (C+)

Main Show

A video plays hyping Jules Strongbow vs. Rip Oliver. (D+) Rip Oliver had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Jules Strongbow. (C-). He warned Strongbow to remember his history.

Gino Hernandez defeated The Tonga Kid in 6:42 by pinfall with a Reverse Flying Elbow Drop. (E+) This match brought the crowd's mood down. The bell has rung and the winner established. Gino Hernandez breaks out his ever-present towel and wipes himself down. Hernandez then shows his contempt by tossing the sweat-drenched towel atop a still grounded The Tonga Kid. (E-)

Magnum T.A. cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (E) Magnum T.A. defeated Assassin in 5:57 by pinfall with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex. (D)

Easy Ed Wiskowski is in the ring awaiting his opponent in the open challenge match, when Eddie Gilbert comes out. He says that he accepts the challenge, and will face him in a match for the Television Title. (E) Easy Ed Wiskowski drew with Eddie Gilbert in 9:57 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. (D-) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Jules Strongbow had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Rip Oliver. (C-) Rip Oliver defeated Jules Strongbow in a 1 vs 1 Indian Strap match in 15:14 by pinfall. The match also had a lot of interference: Billy Two Eagles targeted Oliver, Don Running Bear attacked Oliver, and finally Bull Ramos interfered against Strongbow. (C-) This was a wild overbooked affair. Both men gave everything they had. It looked like Billy Two Eagles and Don Running Bear had done their job and softened Oliver up, and the next Native American, Bull Ramos came down and looked to finish him off, but he attacked Strongbow instead, allowing Oliver to get the win. Rip Oliver and Bull Ramos celebrate their accomplishment in the ring. (C+)

FINAL RATING – D+ this show can be considered a success; it should have increased your popularity.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #27
dfisher
High School JV

THOUGHTS/NEWS

Another amazing 0.00 rating for this show, which featured a wild brawl in the Indian strap match. Unfortunately, the minimum time for the match is 15 minutes, which is a little longer than Strongbow should be going. Another strong segment for Strongbow/Oliver though.

Magnum T.A. is kind of stagnant right now. His storyline with Rip Rogers is on hiatus after Rogers decided that ICW (Angelo Poffo's promotion) is higher priority than mine, even though I have higher prestige.

Eddie Gilbert mouthed off backstage to Wiskowski leading to a fight between them. I go with the fatherly approach with Gilbert.

Rip Oliver will be made the #1 contender for the PNW Heavyweight Title; he will face Dutch Savage at the end of the month in the big Anniversary show. I book Strongbow/Savage vs. Oliver/Bull Ramos for next week's Big Time Wrestling.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:25 PM   #28
dfisher
High School JV

THOUGHTS/NEWS

With my big 2.5 hour show coming up, I currently have no face teams good enough to challenge the Rose and Wiskowski for the tag belts. I go to do a talent exchange with Stampede, but they don't want to do anything with the roster since they have no head booker at the moment (Stu Hart just retired, and Keith inherited the company). I decide to go after Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart.

Two days later, Stampede hires a booker, and I work out a loan agreement. I get Dynamite Kid and Davey Boy Smith for 2 shows, in exchange for Rip Oliver and Kendo Nagasaki for 2 shows. Our shows do not overlap, so I'm not worried about losing my top contender for the belt right now.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #29
dfisher
High School JV

I'm back from vacation, so back to PNW.

PNW – BIG TIME WRESTLING – WEEK 3 MAY 1983 – VERY SMALL VENUE (NW REGION)
ATTENDANCE 1808

Preshow

The cameras catch Dizzy Ed Hogan handing over his sunglasses to a lucky fan while making his way to the ring.
"And would you look at that! Hogan sure made that kid's day... What a guy!" (E-) Dizzy Ed Hogan defeated Mean Mike Miller in 5:42 by pinfall. (E-) A rowdy crowd was all over Hogan. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Steve Armstrong (D+) Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan defeated Steve Armstrong in 5:31 by submission with a Camel Clutch. (E+). This match brought the crowd's mood down

Main Show

Don Coss comes out and announces that Rip Oliver has now become the number one contender for the PNW Heavyweight Title (D+).

Dean Ho defeated Al Madril in 8:34 by pinfall. (D). The two showed poor chemistry.

Playboy Buddy Rose and Easy Ed Wiskowski make their way to the podium, where Rose announces to the world their utmost superiority -- mostly due to Rose's toughness and stern leadership. He wonders where all the tag team competition went.
All the while, Wiskowski nods his head in approval. (B) Playboy Buddy Rose then hyped his upcoming singles match with Billy Jack. ( C). Easy Ed Wiskowski had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Eddie Gilbert. (D-)

Eddie Gilbert defeated Easy Ed Wiskowski in 10:58 by submission with The Figure Four Leglock. Eddie Gilbert wins the PNW Television title. (D) Having picked up the victory, Eddie Gilbert celebrates in the ring. (E-)

Billy Jack cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Playboy Buddy Rose. (D) Playboy Buddy Rose defeated Billy Jack in 6:46 by submission with The Figure Four Leglock ( C). A pretty vocal crowd did not seem particularly interested in seeing Billy Jack wrestle.

Dave Brown and Bull Ramos are at the podium, arguing about Ramos's recent attack on Jules Strongbow.

"Do you want to know why I did what I did, Brown?", Ramos asks, "Because I'm tired of living in the shadows of someone about to fall over. Just look at Jules Strongbow, Brown! His time is up! he knows it - I know it... and I bet someone as dull as yourself even knows it! Strongbow lived his life to make these people happy. What did these people do for the the Native Americans? They stole our land, they took our money, and they feel we should be happy with our reservations! What Strongbow wants isn't good enough, and I'm going to show him the error of his ways." (B-)
Bull Ramos and Rip Oliver defeated Dutch Savage and Jules Strongbow in 8:32 when Bull Ramos defeated Jules Strongbow by submission with a Bearhug. (D+)

FINAL RATING – C-; this show can be considered a success. It should have increased our popularity.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #30
dfisher
High School JV

THOUGHTS/NEWS

Easy Ed Wiskowski once again leaves early without telling anyone. I read him the riot act, and he responds with "yeah, whatever." If he weren't such close friends with Buddy Rose, I'd probably find a way to get rid of him, but, as long as he doesn't leave before his match, I guess I'll have to deal.

Another C- for me, as I slowly build up some stars. A subpar main event, although I forgot to give the "go all out" road agent note.

Buddy Rose carries Billy Jack Haynes to his best match yet; I need to get Haynes in some matches he can win to build up his momentum.

Gilbert gets the TV title in a lackluster match. I couldn't have Ed Wiskowski have two belts, and Gilbert should be able to have some good matches with the belt.

I'm going to try out a little mini program with Dean Ho and Al Madril. Hopefully, one of them can get over from it.

I also move my TV taping to Mondays, to prevent any issues with conflicts. Hopefully this lets me run some storylines.

I sign Jim Neidhart to a $300/pa contract as a midcard heel. Not a star or anything, but solid midcarder.

Last edited by dfisher : 09-24-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #31
dfisher
High School JV

PNW – BIG TIME WRESTLING – WEEK 4 MAY 1983 – PHOENIX HART GYM TINY VENUE (SW REGION)
ATTENDANCE 806

Preshow

Jim Neidhart defeated The Tonga Kid in 6:12 by pinfall with an Anvil Flattener. (E-) Neidhart then cut a promo with Dave Brown hyping his skills (E+).

Al Madril attacks Dean Ho backstage, and leaves him down and out. (C-)

Indian War Party defeated Dr. Tom Prichard and Mean Mike Miller in 5:44 when Don Running Bear defeated Mean Mike Miller by pinfall. (E+) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Main Show

Magnum T.A. defeated Assassin in 6:53 by pinfall with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex. (D). Magnum T.A. is celebrating his victory in the ring. Rip Rogers runs in and attacks, beating Magnum T.A. down into the mat. (E).

The cameras return to Don Coss at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming bout between Dutch Savage and Rip Oliver at the PNW Anniversary show by speaking about recent events between the two.
"This promises to be a good one, folks. So don't miss it!" (D+)

As Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski are finishing their warmups, Don Owen informs them of a very special match that was just signed. They are booked in a tag match at PNW Anniversary Show against a mystery team that was brought in especially for this purpose. (D)

The British Bulldogs defeated The Malenko Brothers in 7:39 when Dynamite Kid defeated Joe Malenko by pinfall with a Diving Headbutt. (D) The camera picks up on Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski intently studying a backstage monitor, watching the match between The British Bulldogs and The Malenko Brothers. (D+)

Rip Rogers attacks Magnum T.A. backstage, and leaves him down and out. (E)

Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski defeated Billy Jack and Stan Stasiak in 7:48 when Playboy Buddy Rose defeated Stan Stasiak by submission with The Figure Four Leglock. Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski make defence number 2 of their PNW Heavyweight Tag Team titles. (D+) Afterwards, Playboy Buddy Rose says that he accepts the challenge of The British Bulldogs on behalf of Easy Ed Wiskowski and himself, and will face them in a match. (D)

Rip Oliver had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Dutch Savage. ( C)

As Jules Strongbow prepares to do battle, the noble Strongbow removes his sacred Headdress, cradles it in his arms as if a child, then bends over to hand it to the ringside attendant.
Just as he does so, Bull Ramos comes charging into the ring. Ramos slams the unsuspecting Strongbow in the back with a powerful forearm, then kicks him down to the mat. As Strongbow struggles to get to his feet, Ramos breaks off the attack to grab the headdress from ringside. Ramos does the unthinkable, when he begins shredding the beautiful headdress and laughing. Jules Strongbow rises to his feet... only to get knocked down once again.
The fans go mad with rage when Ramos adds insult to the attack by attempting to cram the headdress feathers down Strongbow's throat.

The attack ends when an army of backstage staff hit the ring and separate the two. (D+)

Gino Hernandez defeated Jules Strongbow in 9:21 by pinfall with a Reverse Flying Elbow Drop following interference from Bull Ramos. Strongbow was visibly weakened by the attack from Ramos earlier. (D-) This match brought the crowd's mood down. The bell has rung and the winner established. Gino Hernandez breaks out his ever-present towel and wipes himself down. Hernandez then shows his contempt by tossing the sweat-drenched towel atop a still grounded Jules Strongbow. (E+)

FINAL RATING – D; This show can be considered a success. It should have increased our popularity.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #32
dfisher
High School JV

PNW ANNIVERSARY SHOW 1 – SUNDAY, WEEK 4, MAY 1983 – VERY SMALL ARENA (NW)ATTENDANCE – 1807

Preshow

Dave Brown interviews Jim Neidhart on the upcoming bout against Stan Stasiak. In it, Neidhart promises to do his best. (E) Jim Neidhart defeated Stan Stasiak in 7:17 by pinfall with an Anvil Flattener. (D-) Stasiak was visibly tiring at the end. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

A music video is shown to promote The British Bulldogs. (E+)

A music video is shown to promote the training habits of Billy Jack; roadwork, mat work, cardiovascular and weight training all make up the intensive program. (D+)

Main Show

Billy Jack defeated Al Madril in 7:57 by pinfall after a distraction from Dean Ho. (D-) Once again, the crowd didn't seem thrilled with seeing Billy Jack wrestle. Having picked up the victory, Billy Jack celebrates in the ring by dancing for the crowd. (C-)

Assassin and Rip Rogers defeated Indian War Party in 6:54 when Assassin defeated Billy Two Eagles by submission with a Castro Sleeper. (D) After the match, Rip Rogers does an interview in which he challenges Magnum T.A. to a rematch from his “fluke” win. (D+)

Jules Strongbow comes to the ring and challenges Bull Ramos to make their match tonight a steel cage match! (C+)

Kendo Nagasaki defeated Dean Malenko in 7:51 by pinfall. (D+) Percy Pringle III then goes to the podium and lets it be known to everyone that he intends to thoroughly dominate the area.
"A War has been declared, and I'm just the person to do it." (D-)

Dutch Savage had an interview hyping his upcoming main event match with Rip Oliver. (C+)

The cameras return to Don Coss at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming bout between Eddie Gilbert and Gino Hernandez by speaking about recent events between the two.
"This promises to be a good one, folks. So don't miss it!" (E)

Eddie Gilbert defeated Gino Hernandez in 15:41 by submission with The Figure Four Leglock. (D-) The two don't click, and this match brought the crowd's mood down. Having picked up the victory, Eddie Gilbert celebrates in the ring. (E+)

Rip Oliver cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Dutch Savage. (C+)

Bull Ramos has an interview in which he taunts Jules Strongbow.
"Jules Strongbow's mom wanted a girl. His father wanted a boy, and they were both satisfied! Woooo!" (B)

Jules Strongbow defeated Bull Ramos in a 1 vs 1 Cage Classic match in 10:58 by submission with an Indian Deathlock. (C-) The bell has sounded. An exhausted and bloody Jules Strongbow stands over the cowering Bull Ramos, ready to heap another helping of fist sandwiches to the hated Ramos. After pausing for a few seconds to seemingly think about the situation, Strongbow lowers his fists, shakes his head in silent response to a silent question, then turns his back and exits the ring.
The fans, sensing the nobility of such an action, cheer madly for Jules Strongbow. ( C)

Playboy Buddy Rose, with Easy Ed Wiskowski in the background, comes out and hypes up the upcoming tag team bout between Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski and The British Bulldogs. (D) Buddy Rose was a real star in this segment.

Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski defeated The British Bulldogs in 21:39 when Playboy Buddy Rose defeated Dynamite Kid by submission with The Figure Four Leglock. Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski make defence number 3 of their PNW Heavyweight Tag Team titles. ( C)

Highlights of the recent event between Rip Oliver and Dutch Savage are played in a video package. (C+)

Dutch Savage defeated Rip Oliver in 16:51 by pinfall with a Leaping Piledriver. Dutch Savage makes defence number 2 of his PNW Heavyweight title. (C+) The match is over. Dutch Savage walks over and offers his hand as a sign of respect to Oliver for putting up a great fight, but Oliver refuses the handshake and walks off. (C+)

FINAL RATING – C; This show can be considered a success. It should have increased our popularity.

Yay! My best rating yet.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #33
dfisher
High School JV

PNW – BIG TIME WRESTLING – WEEK 1 JUNE 1983 – VERY SMALL ARENA (NW REGION)ATTENDANCE 1822

Preshow

Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan cuts a promo hyping his skill. (D) Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan defeated Billy Two Eagles in 6:03 by submission with a Camel Clutch. (E+) The two showed poor chemistry. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Dean Ho comes out to the podium and makes mention of how glad he is that his good friend The Tonga Kid is on the outside looking in; always watching his back.
"With friends like The Tonga Kid," Ho whoops to the world, "Nothing can stand in my way." (D-)

The Tonga Kid defeated Joe Malenko in 6:22 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press. (E) The two don't click at all. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Main Show

Don Owen tells the fans that the winner of the upcoming Over-the-Top Rope Battle Royale at Destiny Calls will receive a title shot against the PNW Heavyweight champion at a future date. (C-)

Gino Hernandez cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (E-)

Gino Hernandez defeated Don Running Bear in 7:13 by pinfall with a Reverse Flying Elbow Drop. (D-) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Magnum T.A. appears and says that he accepts the challenge laid down by Rip Rogers, he'll face him in a match. (D)

Eddie Gilbert defeated Easy Ed Wiskowski in 10:34 by submission with The Figure Four Leglock. Eddie Gilbert makes defence number 1 of his PNW Television title. (D)

Al Madril is in the ring, and calls out Dean Ho to face him. As soon as Ho appears he gets jumped by Kendo Nagasaki and Percy Pringle III, who had been lying in wait. The ambush leaves Dean Ho down and out. (D) Percy Pringle III then grabs the microphone and says that he'd like to reveal his new client...Al Madril. Out he comes, and joins his new manager in the ring. (D)

Highlights of the recent bout between Dutch Savage and Rip Oliver are played in a video package. (C+) Oliver then comes to the ring and challenges Dutch to a rematch tonight! Savage then comes out and accepts the challenge. (B-)

Dutch Savage drew with Rip Oliver in 12:44 following a double disqualification. (C+)

FINAL RATING – C-; This match can be considered a success. It should have increased our popularity.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #34
dfisher
High School JV

PNW – BIG TIME WRESTLING – WEEK 2 JUNE 1983 – SANTA BARBARA THEATER (TINY SW REGION)ATTENDANCE 943

Preshow

Mean Mike Miller cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (E-) Mean Mike Miller defeated Steve Armstrong in 5:38 by pinfall. (F) The crowd were totally turned off by having a match between jobbers. This match brought the crowd's mood down.

The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Billy Jack take on Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan. (E+) Billy Jack cuts a promo hyping up his upcoming match with Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan. (D)

Dr. Tom Prichard defeated Stan Stasiak in 4:51 by submission with The Figure Four Leglock. (E+) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Main Show

Dave Brown interviews Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan on the upcoming bout against Billy Jack. In it, Ali Hassan promises to do his best to make life miserable for Billy Jack. (E+) Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan defeated Billy Jack in 9:05 by count out. (D-) This match brought the crowd's mood down. The cameras remain focused on the ring, where Billy Jack and Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan engage in a tension-filled staredown. Neither give ground. (E+)

The cameras return to Don Coss at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming bout between Magnum T.A. and Rip Rogers by speaking about recent events between the two.
"This promises to be a good one, folks. So don't miss it!" (E)

Rip Rogers cuts a promo hyping up his skills. In the background, Brenda Britton nods her head in agreement. (E)

The cameras catch Dizzy Ed Hogan handing over a personal momento to a lucky fan while making his way to the ring.
"And would you look at that! Hogan sure made that kid's day... What a guy!" (F+)

Dizzy Ed Hogan defeated Jim Neidhart in 7:17 by pinfall. (E) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Magnum T.A. cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (E+) Magnum T.A. defeated Rip Rogers in 9:58 by pinfall with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex. (D-) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Rip Oliver comes to the ring and challenges Dutch Savage to a match. (C+) Rip Oliver is in the ring when Dutch Savage comes out. He says that he accepts the challenge, and will face him in a match at Destiny Calls under one condition. Dutch gets to choose the type of match, and he chooses his specialty, a Coal Miner's Glove match! (C+)

Al Madril and Kendo Nagasaki defeated Dean Ho / The Tonga Kid in 9:24 when Al Madril defeated Dean Ho by submission with an Indian Deathlock after interference from Percy Pringle III. (D-) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

FINAL RATING – D-; this show might have hurt our popularity.

OUCH!
Old 10-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #35
dfisher
High School JV

PNW – DESTINY CALLS – SUNDAY, WEEK 2, JUNE 1983, TINY VENUE (NW REGION)
ATTENDANCE – 904

Preshow

Dean Malenko defeated Dr. Tom Prichard in 10:15 by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. (D)

Dave Brown is backstage in the staging area where the entrance numbers are being drawn. Jules Strongbow is there to draw his number. He takes one, and gives absolutely no reaction at all, a proper poker face, and he makes sure to keep the number covered so that Brown can't take a look. ( C)

A music video is shown to promote the newest addition to PNW, TIGER MASK!! (E+)

Dave Brown is backstage in the staging area where the entrance numbers are being drawn. Dean Ho is there to draw his number. He takes one, and looks pleased, but he doesn't let Brown take a peek. (C-)

A video plays hyping the goings on in the Dutch Savage vs. Rip Oliver storyline. (C+)

Main Show

Rip Oliver has an interview in which he taunts Dutch Savage.
"Dutch Savage's mom wanted a girl. His father wanted a boy, and they were both satisfied! Woooo!" (C+)

Tiger Mask defeated Easy Ed Wiskowski in 8:38 by pinfall with a Tiger Suplex. (D+) Having picked up the victory, Tiger Mask goes out into the crowd to celebrate with his people. (D-)

Dave Brown is backstage in the staging area where the entrance numbers are being drawn. Gino Hernandez is there to draw his number. He takes one, and looks very unhappy, and he doesn't let Brown take a look. (E+) Gino Hernandez cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (E-)

Rip Rogers defeated The Tonga Kid in 8:29 by pinfall with The Hustle. (D+)

Highlights of the recent bout between Billy Jack and Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan are played in a video package. (D)
Dave Brown is backstage in the staging area where the entrance numbers are being drawn. Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan is there to draw his number. He takes one, and looks pleased, but he doesn't let Brown take a peek. (D+) Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan comes out to the podium for an interview. He states that it is now his mission to make Billy Jack's life a living hell.
"Billy Jack, you're gonna get hurt, son!!" (D+)

Dave Brown is backstage in the staging area where the entrance numbers are being drawn. Playboy Buddy Rose is there to draw his number. He takes one, and gives absolutely no reaction at all, a proper poker face, and he makes sure to keep the number covered so that Brown can't take a look. (B) Playboy Buddy Rose cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (C+)

Playboy Buddy Rose won a battle royal in 21:51. The final four competitors also included Billy Jack, Bull Ramos and Assassin, with Billy Jack being the final elimination. (C-) Buddy Rose wins a title shot at a future date.

Dutch Savage had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Rip Oliver. (C+)

Dutch Savage defeated Rip Oliver in a 1 vs 1 Coal Miner's Glove match in 15:26 by pinfall with a Leaping Piledriver. Dutch Savage makes defence number 4 of his PNW Heavyweight title. (B-)

FINAL RATING – C+; this show can be considered a success. It should have increased our popularity.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #36
dfisher
High School JV

THOUGHTS/NEWS

I follow up my worst card with my best card. Dutch Savage and Rip Oliver have my best match ever at B-. I'm slowly but surely building guys up. I'm thinking about concentrating on just the Northwest until I get some more popularity there. I'll throw one show a month to the southwest, but I pretty much have no presence there.

The one guy who has been a massive disappointment so far is Gino Hernandez. My creative staff has him as my best talker, but his segments continue to get horrible ratings. I need to build up his momentum to get him over enough that I can utilize his skills.

As you can see by looking at the Destiny Calls card, Tiger Mask is now a member of PNW. I start him out as an upper midcard face. I have some problems at the top of the card. The top three faces I inherited were Dutch Savage, Jules Strongbow, and Dean Ho. The three have performed well, but they are well past their prime.

Buddy Rose wins the battle royal (Royal Rumble style). He will probably face Dutch at the next monthly event, PNW Fireworks.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:57 PM   #37
DeToxRox
Head Coach

What's Gino's popularity in the Northwest?
Old 10-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #38
dfisher
High School JV

He's a D- popularity in the Northwest. I know it is bad, but with his skills that should increase. Instead, he was initially a D in the NW. He maintains a D in the southwest, but puts up E- ratings on his promos.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #39
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfisher View Post
The one guy who has been a massive disappointment so far is Gino Hernandez.

Have you tried him in a straight one-on-one style promo with Coss or someone else who is getting good promo ratings? Sometimes one guy can pull the other one up & the most recent ones I've seen used with Hernandez looked to be either solo or 3 man.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #40
dfisher
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Have you tried him in a straight one-on-one style promo with Coss or someone else who is getting good promo ratings? Sometimes one guy can pull the other one up & the most recent ones I've seen used with Hernandez looked to be either solo or 3 man.

I'll try that. I've got to do something different. He has way too much talent to be struggling like this.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #41
dfisher
High School JV

PNW – BIG TIME WRESTLING – WEEK 3 JUNE 1983 – VERY SMALL ARENA (NW REGION)
ATTENDANCE 1780

Preshow

The Tonga Kid defeated Joe Malenko in 8:25 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press. (E+) This match brought the crowd's mood down. Having picked up the victory, The Tonga Kid celebrates in the ring. (F+)

Dean Ho comes to the ring and challenges Al Madril to a match. (D+)

Bull Ramos comes out and delivers a seething promo directed at Jules Strongbow. After rehashing recent events between the two, Ramos promises the world that he will get revenge against Strongbow. (C+)

Main Show

The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski taking on a Dutch Savage and a mystery partner. (B-)

Dutch Savage comes out and delivers a seething promo directed at Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski. After rehashing recent events, Savage promises a surprise for the duo.
"You think you had it bad before, Rose? You think you know what what's what, Wiskowski? Well let me tell you one thing: You haven't seen anything yet! Just wait and see..." ( C)

Eddie Gilbert cuts a promo hyping up his skills. (D-)

Eddie Gilbert defeated Rip Rogers in 9:20 by submission with The Figure Four Leglock. Eddie Gilbert makes defence number 2 of his PNW Television title. (D)

Percy Pringle III and Al Madril comes out to the podium. They accept the challange made by Dean Ho. (D+)

Dave Brown brings out Magnum T.A. for an interview. After discussing Magnum T.A.'s history in the sport, Brown says, "Well, you have trained very hard. Obviously we can see the results of that training. If you wouldn't mind, we'd like to see some posing."
After Magnum T.A. offers a half-hearted protest, Brown asks the fans if they would like to see some posing by Magnum T.A.. The fans answer with their cheers.
Magnum T.A. then starts posing for the crowd while Brown throws out a few, "Would you look at that! Well, alright! Unbelievebale... Look at that chest! You have got it!"

As the fans cheer their thanks, Assassin comes storming out to the interview area, complaining about the attention Magnum T.A. is receiving. "If you want to look at a real body, check this out," Assassin bellows as he busts out a few muscleman poses.
An argument breaks out between Magnum T.A. and Assassin, which ends with Assassin in the ring, calling out Magnum T.A..

"Looks like we've got a match," Brown announces, "Let's go to the ring!" (D-)
Magnum T.A. defeated Assassin in 8:06 by pinfall with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex. (D+)

Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski have an interview in which they taunt Dutch Savage. (C+)

Dutch Savage and Roddy Piper defeated Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski in 19:08 when Dutch Savage defeated Easy Ed Wiskowski by pinfall with a Leaping Piledriver. Dutch Savage and Roddy Piper win the PNW Heavyweight Tag Team titles. (C+) Having just picked up the victory, Savage and Piper go out into the crowd to celebrate with their people. (C+)

FINAL RATING – C ; this show can be considered a success. It should have increased our popularity.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #42
dfisher
High School JV

THOUGHTS/NEWS

We have new tag champs. Roddy Piper is crazy over in the NW region, with B popularity. I'm obviously not big enough for him, but I am able to get him in for a 3 show loan in exchange for Gino Hernandez. I intend to take advantage of the NWA-like working agreements in place to help my cards until I have enough popularity to hire these guys.

The big tag main event gives me my 2nd consecutive solid card. I feel like I have a solid top of the card, but I need to flesh out my midcard and lower portion of the card, which is tough to do in one hour a week. When my TV show is up for negotiation, I'm going to try to make it 1.5 hours.

Booked for next week's Big Time Wrestling

Al Madril vs. Dean Ho
PNW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH
Dutch Savage and Roddy Piper (c) vs. Buddy Rose and Ed Wiskowski

Booked for PNW: Fireworks!
PNW HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
Dutch Savage (c) vs. "Playboy" Buddy Rose
Old 10-11-2009, 09:21 PM   #43
dfisher
High School JV

PNW – BIG TIME WRESTLING – WEEK 4 JUNE 1983 – VERY SMALL ARENA (NW REGION)
ATTENDANCE 1990

Preshow

Al Madril appears and hypes his match tonight against Dean Ho. (C+)

Gino Hernandez defeated The Tonga Kid in 7:32 by pinfall with a Reverse Flying Elbow Drop (E+) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Rip Rogers defeated Dean Malenko in 6:25 by pinfall with The Hustle. (D+)

Main Show

Highlights of the last week's bout between Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski and Dutch Savage and Roddy PiperPiper are played in a video package. ( C)

Bull Ramos comes to the ring and challenges Jules Strongbow to a match at PNW: Fireworks. (B-)

Tiger Mask defeated Assassin in 8:32 by pinfall with a Tiger Suplex. (C-) Afterwards, Tiger Mask is attacked by Rip Oliver, with Assassin joining in. Seeing the assault, Magnum T.A. comes running in and fights them both off, saving Tiger Mask from a serious beating. (D+)

The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Billy Jack take on Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan at PNW Fireworks! (D)

As Don Coss interviews Dean Ho, Al Madril storm the set and attacks Coss. As Madril beats down Ho, Don Coss stands off to the side calling for someone to stop the carnage. (D+) Al Madril defeated a weakened Dean Ho in 7:48 by submission with an Indian Deathlock after interference from Percy Pringle III. (D) Having picked up the victory, Al Madril celebrates in the ring, and goes crazy, running around the ring like a madman, dumping water over himself, and hugging the referee and ring announcer. ( C)

Playboy Buddy Rose, with Easy Ed Wiskowski in the background, comes out and hypes up the upcoming tag team bout between Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski and Savage and Piper. (C+)

Piper and Savage had an interview hyping their upcoming tag match with Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski. ( C)

Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski drew with Dutch Savage and Roddy Piper in 12:21 following a double disqualification. ( C) The bell has sounded, yet Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski and Savage and Piper continue to do battle with each other all the way to the backstage area. (C+)

FINAL RATING: C
This show can be considered a success. It should have increased our popularity.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #44
dfisher
High School JV

PNW – BIG TIME WRESTLING – WEEK 1 JULY 1983 – VERY SMALL ARENA (NW REGION)
ATTENDANCE 1849

Preshow

Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match at PNW Fireworks with Billy Jack. (D)

Sheik Abdullah Ali Hassan defeated Steve Armstrong in 5:18 by submission with a Camel Clutch. (E+) This match brought the crowd's mood down.

Dean Ho comes to the ring and challenges Al Madril to one more match.

Magnum T.A. defeated Joe Malenko in 5:50 by pinfall with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex. (D)

Main Show

Piper and Savage come down to the ring. They takes microphones and start talking to the crowd, before eventually getting interupted by Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski. They have a big argument, going back and forth on the microphone, before things take a violent turn and they start brawling. A whole host of staff hit the ring to break them up, and as they are being pulled apart it is clear a match is going to take place between them. ( C) Rose came off well in this segment. Wiskowski performed poorly in this segment.

Rip Oliver has an interview in which he taunts Magnum T.A..
"Magnum T.A.'s mom wanted a girl. His father wanted a boy, and they were both satisfied! Woooo!" ( C) He then hypes his TV title shot, saying how easily he will defeat Eddie Gilbert.

Eddie Gilbert defeated Rip Oliver in 11:28 by submission with The Figure Four Leglock after interference from Magnum T.A.. During the match we also had Assassin run in and attack Gilbert. Eddie Gilbert makes defence number 3 of his PNW Television title. (C+) Gilbert and Oliver have great chemistry together. Afterwards, Eddie Gilbert and Magnum T.A. celebrate their accomplishment in the ring. (D)

Al Madril appears and says that he refuses the challenge laid down by Dean Ho. (B-) He already beat the old man once and has nothing left to prove.

Gino Hernandez defeated The Tonga Kid in 7:08 by pinfall with a Reverse Flying Elbow Drop. (E+) This match brought the crowd's mood down. The bell has rung and the winner established. Gino Hernandez breaks out his ever-present towel and wipes himself down. Hernandez then shows his contempt by tossing the sweat-drenched towel atop a still grounded The Tonga Kid. (E)

Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski defeated Dutch Savage and Roddy Piper in a 2 vs 2 Falls Count Anywhere match in 15:30 when Playboy Buddy Rose defeated Roddy Piper by submission with The Figure Four Leglock. Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski win the PNW Heavyweight Tag Team titles. ( C) Having just picked up the victory, Buddy Rose & Ed Wiskowski celebrate in the ring. (B-)

FINAL RATING – C; This show can be considered a success. It should have increased our popularity.