It's a Festivus Miracle!!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #2503
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Where's terpkristen when you need her?

Probably having surgery.

(actually, that's next week unless the doc finds more damage when I go on Tuesday...)

I was surprised to see myself in the Top 100 by post count (admittedly, I'm just barely in it). I thought I had less free time than that.

By the way, the remastered Pretty Hate Machine is hella good.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:05 PM   #2504
RainMaker
General Manager

UPS sucks sometimes. Was waiting on a package today and they did the whole "unable to deliver". Problem is that I have my packages delivered to a storefront that's open all day. Asked the guys there and they said they didn't see a driver and no note was left. Probably a replacement driver who got lazy and decided that people were "not home" instead of actually delivering them. This seems to happen a lot more than I remember.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #2505
Suicane75
Coordinator

So I have been watching this "documentary" on youtube which comes from the angle that the real Paul McCartney died back in 67. I don't believe it and find it full of silly little clues but at the same time it has proper creeped me out. I thought that at 35 I might be more evolved than to let words like decapitate and tricks of audio frighten me, but apparently not.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:00 PM   #2506
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
So I have been watching this "documentary" on youtube which comes from the angle that the real Paul McCartney died back in 67. I don't believe it and find it full of silly little clues but at the same time it has proper creeped me out. I thought that at 35 I might be more evolved than to let words like decapitate and tricks of audio frighten me, but apparently not.

Link?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #2507
Suicane75
Coordinator

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsPCQ932vlUfeature=player_embedded#!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #2508
stevew
Hall Of Famer

A vest and thermal work so much better than my jacket when I'm driving. I feel all "fat guy in a little coat" in my jacket, even though it fits well otherwise.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:44 PM   #2509
RainMaker
General Manager

A good friend of mine just found out that her father has stage 3 brain cancer and was given about 8 to 18 months. I've just felt horrible all day. I don't know if it's knowing what she's likely going through or the fact that I could one day have to go through that with someone in my family. There is this knot in my stomach that I can't make go away.

And worst of all, I feel totally helpless. I don't know what I can say to someone in that position. "Sorry" doesn't really seem to mean much at this point. Life feels like it can be so cruel sometimes.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #2510
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
A good friend of mine just found out that her father has stage 3 brain cancer and was given about 8 to 18 months. I've just felt horrible all day. I don't know if it's knowing what she's likely going through or the fact that I could one day have to go through that with someone in my family. There is this knot in my stomach that I can't make go away.

And worst of all, I feel totally helpless. I don't know what I can say to someone in that position. "Sorry" doesn't really seem to mean much at this point. Life feels like it can be so cruel sometimes.

Really, truly sorry for your friend.
F
WIW when I found myself in a similar situation, not father but family, I called on my best friend for support we've been like bros since little legue around age 10. The thing he said that meant the most and I remembr today, was "Man just hearing that makes me realize how important life is. I love you man and would hate to ever lose your friendship. I know I cant fix this situation but if you need anything let me know." Some may think hearing a guy say he loves you and accepting it is gay or not macho...but it really helped me in that moment.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:57 PM   #2511
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Aren't y'all glad to have me back?

Guess who's back, back again. Pumpy is back, so tell a friend.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:51 PM   #2512
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Guess who's back, back again. Pumpy is back, so tell a friend.
For some reason, the fact that this post came from you makes it incredibly hilarious. Love it!
Old 12-31-2010, 07:26 PM   #2513
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
A little birdie asked me to check in. I'm fine, thanks. Post #466 in this very thread pretty much explains my absence.

So now I have to go back and look at that post to find out where you been?

RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:57 PM   #2514
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My attempt at a thread winner.....

Do WNBA players grow out a playoff bush?
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #2515
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I was in line waiting for a table a restaurant in town yesterday for brunch and Michael Imperioli (Christopher from "Sopranos", Spider from "Goodfellas", and the dude on "Detroit 1-8-7") poked his head in, saw the long line, and quickly left.

He's been living in my town since they started to shoot "Detroit 1-8-7". I saw him a few weeks ago when I was out walking my dog.

That's all.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:57 PM   #2516
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

So who changed my title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:04 PM   #2517
Suicane75
Coordinator

Is Lathum Favored Bitch #1
Old 01-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #2518
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Who does number two work for???
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #2519
Suicane75
Coordinator

LOL
Old 01-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #2520
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Looks like it.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #2521
Suicane75
Coordinator

There are very few "adult" actresses I find sexy on anything more than a deviant level. Miss Avy Scott is one of the few exceptions. Something wonderful about a girl who looks like she could be your teacher, bartender or cousin.

I think i'll order a pizza today.

I hope Stanford crushes VT tonight.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #2522
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

started weight watchers today. had good results last year and hope for more of the same.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #2523
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsPCQ932vlUfeature=player_embedded#!

BTW, thanks for this. Wife and I watched it the other night. Very interesting, although I don't buy a bit of it. Seems to me the film very clearly demonstrates that the "Paul is dead" thing was a marketing ploy, as opposed to what they claim. The biggest question I have is - if he truly died, why would they go out of their way to give all those clues about it? Wouldn't you want to hide that from the public, not secretly flaunt it like a serial killer or something (BTK comes to mind)? That points directly to it being a marketing thing. I just don't get the motivation for all of the evidence they claim to have, if he really died.

And then there's the fact that they don't even attempt to maarry up the death with (a) a specific reported incident that might be his death and (b) the name of a couple of people who vanished off the face of the earth who might have become Paul. I was waiting for some argument about who he might have been and evidence of a car wreck, etc., but...nothing. Still, it was very entertaining.

It says "to be continued" - I couldn't find another film. Is this all there is at the moment?

EDIT: Nevermind, I went to their website and see where they will supposedly release parts 2 and 3 at the end of 2011 and 2012. Hopefully the planet will still exist by then!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 01-03-2011 at 01:40 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #2524
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

Which I think is uncalled for...
Old 01-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #2525
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
started weight watchers today. had good results last year and hope for more of the same.

We did about the most cliche thing you could possibly do - bought a treadmill on January 1st. We have a membership to a rec center here in town, and while I used it pretty often for quite some time, the wife has trouble going on a consistent basis - the kids are at an age where they can't go into the weight room, are too old for the nursery, yet too young to leave at home. And I feel like I have to "schedule" my workout nights rather than just spontaneously going into the basement and getting it done. Plus, in the winter, I'll admit that it becomes 10X harder to motivate me to drive to the gym rather than stay in my house. So hopefully this will do the trick.

We're paying $65/month for the rec/gym membership, so applying that to the 12 months no interest financing we got on the treadmill, the actual difference in what it will cost isn't that much more than paying for a year of membership. Now I jsut have to put my butt where my mouth and money are.

Wait - that didn't sound right...
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-03-2011, 02:09 PM   #2526
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

yeah, we have the same issue with child care. I could actually use the hospital gym for free thanks to my wife, but there is almost no opportunity to do that.

we've had our treadmill for a while now (we bought it together in lieu of Valentine's Day gifts a few years ago), but it's only been this year when we've really started to use it. I know I put in over a hundred miles on it this year and my wife has used it a lot as well. Glad to be finally getting our money's worth out of it (and now I'm actually worried we're going to wear it out someday).
Old 01-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #2527
sabotai
General Manager

I think I'll make today a war movie day. Saving Private Ryan, Black Hawk Down, Gettysburg, Der Untergang and finish it up with watching All Quiet On The Western Front for the first time.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #2528
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
The biggest question I have is - if he truly died, why would they go out of their way to give all those clues about it? Wouldn't you want to hide that from the public, not secretly flaunt it like a serial killer or something (BTK comes to mind)? That points directly to it being a marketing thing. I just don't get the motivation for all of the evidence they claim to have, if he really died.

This is what makes the 'Paul is Dead' conspiracy particularly stupid IMO. The theory is based entirely on the hopelessly retarded concept that Beatles and various evil promoters putting up an immediate, convoluted and elaborate cover story that involved look-a-likes, a massive concerted media cover up....and purposefully inserting several completely obvious and simple lyrical and visual clues to that effect, onto an album(s) guaranteed to sell to tens of millions of copies to the general public, across the world.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #2529
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I think if you gave me six hours alone in a well-furnished bathroom, I could come out of there looking like Sean Penn.

I'm about to give a bowling ball to a young man with special needs even though he will have no clue how to use it properly. I appreciate that he's at least going to try.

If I could choose three people to roll up to my house and do a drive-by, I would choose Amanda Tapping, George Foreman, and Amanda Tapping.

A guy at work is mad at me because he thinks I've taken his woman. Point 1, she wasn't his woman. Point 2, I didn't take her.

My apartment looks a lot like Japan right now. It's in western Pennsylvania.

Amanda is about to confront her fear of chickens for the first time.

Sorry, I can't get any more free gum.

Amanda is about to confront her fear of chickens for the second time.

I'm thisclose to posting a video called "Teach Me How to Pumpy" on my web site. Yes, I am in the video. Unfortunately, so is a rooster. It was by accident. I hate cock jokes.

I haven't worn a dress in over 25 years.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #2530
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
If I could choose three people to roll up to my house and do a drive-by, I would choose Amanda Tapping, George Foreman, and Amanda Tapping.

If only you chose George Foreman, George Foreman, and George Foreman. George could leave four of his boys at home, and still make that happen!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:18 PM   #2531
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
My apartment looks a lot like Japan right now. It's in western Pennsylvania.

I hate to break this to you, but Japan is actually not in western Pennsylvania. It's in Japan.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #2532
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
If only you chose George Foreman, George Foreman, and George Foreman. George could leave four of his boys at home, and still make that happen!
This is the most solid point I've seen anyone make today.
Quote:
I hate to break this to you, but Japan is actually not in western Pennsylvania. It's in Japan.
Well, slap my 'fro. I don't even know what Japan is, really.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:38 PM   #2533
MJ4H
Coordinator

I think it's a type of game show
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #2534
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

You're silly, everyone knows that Japan is a US language.

Quote:
Old 01-03-2011, 05:05 PM   #2535
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't even know what Japan is, really.

I think it's code for some sort of sexual activity. Not sure which one really, but I'm pretty sure that's what it means.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:32 PM   #2536
Suicane75
Coordinator

To Kysrup and Sloppy. Yeah, I didn't buy it, but I thought as far as bells and whistles go it was pretty good. Maybe that's just because I don't watch alot of documentaries but as I said in my initial post on it, it me creeped out but good.

Last edited by Suicane75 : 01-03-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:03 PM   #2537
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
To Kysrup and Sloppy. Yeah, I didn't buy it, but I thought as far as bells and whistles go it was pretty good. Maybe that's just because I don't watch alot of documentaries but as I said in my initial post on it, it me creeped out but good.

I should admit that I did not watch that doc...just always found the Paul is Dead theory goofy.

As an aside, I consequently realized I had been watching a lot of documentaries recently. Besides from whatever the topic is and the quality of the flick itself, I can always glean some dorky interest out of a documentary simply trying to figure out how much of the director's personal influence/agenda is seeping through, whether it's subtly through little bits of editing and art-direction, or ham-handedly walking the viewer through with a voice-over, to straight-up inserting themselves in every frame.

To that end, one of my favorite music docs, "The Freshest Kids" has a simple enough premise (the origins of hip-hop dancing), and watching it once through might not notice that the best part about it might be the entire absence of something...you never once even hear the director's voice, let alone see his face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uizp9UYdKKw
Old 01-04-2011, 06:41 AM   #2538
PilotMan
Head Coach

I think it's funny that the first name of the new attorney general for California is Kamala.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:14 AM   #2539
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I think it's funny that the first name of the new attorney general for California is Kamala.

Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #2540
Ksyrup

There needs to be a word to describe the awkward timing for holding the door open for someone when the person in front is too close to the person behind them to just walk through the door and let it close yet far enough ahead that when you hold the door for the person, they feel compelled to jog or hurry up to catch the door since you've held it open for them. Did Rich Hall do a Sniglet for that? Because it needs one. I've started becoming conscious of people around me as I walk from the parking lot to my building and I'll either slow down or hurry up to avoid that awkwardness.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:23 AM   #2541
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I think it's what you cook Haitian food in.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:24 AM   #2542
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
they feel compelled to jog or hurry up to catch the door since you've held it open for them.

I'll just push the door open as far as it will go and let them decide if they want to rush the door closing ala Indiana Jones.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:52 AM   #2543
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I stand there and tap my foot while looking at my watch impatiently
Old 01-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #2544
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
So, my wife slices a piece off a brick of cheese for the little one, but doesn't put it back in the fridge. My wife gets busy and comes back and finds half the brick eaten (teeth marks all over).

My wife sees the brick of cheese, looks at the little one and my daughter goes... "TA DAAAA!!" and raises her arms.

She ain't gonna crap for awhile.

Awesome!!

Even better due to your location.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #2545
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I stand there and tap my foot while looking at my watch impatiently

I immediately close the door and then hold it closed from inside.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #2546
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I immediately close the door and then hold it closed from inside.

Putting a chair or long metal/wood object in the door handle works even better.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #2547
Ksyrup

Those are all excellent suggestions, but a tad more awkward than the original.
Old 01-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #2548
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I don't care how close the next person is. I make sure that when I approach a door, I pee on the handle/doorknob and sneeze on the door itself. Then I go inside and do the same thing on the other side. I should probably see a doctor if I have to pee that much.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:58 PM   #2549
TroyF
Coordinator

The speed at which my head turns upward and my jaw drops when I see the girl from the Verizon Adrian Pederson commercial is going to get me into serious, serious trouble one of these days.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #2550
Autumn
Head Coach

pixplzkthx
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote