Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-09-2009, 05:41 AM   #1
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

The United Baseball Association: Join the UBA! (RPG)

The United Baseball Association
Department of Amateur Talent Scouting
1297 W 32nd St.
New York, NY

AMATEUR TRYOUT REGISTRATION FORM

BASIC INFORMATION

NAME:

HEIGHT:

WEIGHT:

POSITION:

ALTERNATE POSITION:

BATTING HANDEDNESS:

THROWING HANDEDNESS:

CITY OF BIRTH:

PERSONALITY QUESTIONNAIRE

1. WHAT WAS YOUR PREVIOUS OCCUPATION?

2. ON A SCALE OF 1-10, RATE YOURSELF ON YOUR ABILITY TO LEAD OTHERS.

3. HAVE YOU EVER QUIT OR LEFT A JOB BEFORE THE JOB WAS COMPLETED?

4. ON A SCALE OF 1-10, WITH "1" BEING "SALARY" AND "10" BEING "A WINNING TEAM," RATE YOUR PREFERENCE OF "SALARY" VS. "A WINNING TEAM."

5. WHAT IS YOUR HIGHEST LEVEL OF EDUCATION?

PM me your form when completed. Please make sure you choose an era-appropriate name, previous job, etc.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 06-09-2009 at 07:20 AM.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:43 AM   #2
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Welcome to the UBA! I thought it would be neat to create a very simple RPG using OOTP and my solo dynasty.

PM me your sign-up forms. I'll take the first five people who sign up. When you fill out the answers, remember, we are currently in 1917. Your age must be between 17-23. Feel free to be someone else...create a memorable character.

More info to come.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 06-09-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:58 AM   #3
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Maybe you were a newspaper boy on the corner, or maybe you were the son of wealthy parents who could afford to send you to college. But your dream was to play professional baseball.

Maybe you played ball in the middle of a city street after school, or maybe you played in the fields as trains whistled by. But your dream was to play in front of 10,000 people at the Bronx Oval Grounds or at the beautiful Weeghman Park.

Today, you signed up to get your shot. Next month, you'll travel down to Richmond, VA for two weeks, meet your four roommates, and show the scouts what you're made of.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 06-09-2009 at 06:08 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:48 AM   #4
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I've got four spots left!
Old 06-09-2009, 09:03 AM   #5
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Rules v1.0

These are subject to change...I'll probably change stuff along the way.

- The five players will enter the 1918 draft. I will allow you to create your initial player using an allotment system. You'll get
x number of points that will go toward your Contact, Gap, Power, Fielding, and Speed as a hitter, or Stuff, Movement, Control, Fielding and Stamina as a pitcher.

- Each year will have two turns. One at the start of the season, and one in July. At the start of the season, you will choose one of four attributes (Contact, Gap, Power, Fielding; Stuff, Movement, Control, Fielding) to work on. Using a system I created that will remain hidden for now (for no reason, really), you will either succeed or fail. The points will be added or subtracted to your potential rating for the specific area you wanted to work on. In the July turn, we'll do the same thing, but the points will be added to your current rating.

- Before each turn, I will update you with a brief scouting report of your player so you will have an idea of what to work on. After the turn, I will let you know how many points you gained or lost.

- You will also encounter random events. You may meet a famous player who gives you a tip, or you may miss a practice and take a hit.

- Another thing to keep an eye on is random choice events. You will get a situation with two or more answers. One of them will lead to a positive result, and the other(s) will lead to negative results. These will mostly be very small rewards/punishments, but there may be a few that are extra special.

- Finally, the goal is to rack up as many "career points" as possible. I will track these as your career goes on. The points you get or lose at each turn DO NOT count towards your career points. You gain career points by doing the following things:

Earn Money (1 point for every $10,000 made)
Win Presidents Cup Championship (40 Points for each Cup)
Win Player of the Month Award (5 Points for each Award)
Win Fielder of the Year Award (10 Points for each Award)
Win Rookie of the Year Award (15 Points for each Award)
Win Player of the Year Award (40 Points for each Award)
Lead League in Triple Crown Category (AVG, HR, RBI; ERA, W, K) (10 Points for Each Category)
Get Inducted in to the Hall of Fame (100 Points for Induction)

The player with the most career points after each of the five players retire will be the winner.

- Finally, PLEASE make any suggestions you have. I've done a little bit of testing to try and balance out the points, but if one of you see a big issue, please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 06-09-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

I need at least three more people before we can start.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:32 AM   #7
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Bump for three more.

It is extremely low-involvement. You don't have to write anything, if that's scaring you. Just a PM response every few days.

Last edited by JetsIn06 : 06-11-2009 at 05:33 AM.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:18 AM   #8
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Two more.