Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-20-2020, 09:00 PM   #27101
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

As posted above, this whole damn administration can go straight to jail for insider trading, conflicts of interest, and all the other shady, illegal shit they're pulling as soon as January 21st hits.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 04:14 AM   #27102
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
I want to get that mosquito out of here. I don’t like … They’ll say it’s cruelty to animals. I don’t know. No, it’s true. They were saying the other night, the shark. They were saying, “Oh, sharks. We have to protect them.” I said, “Wait a minute. Wait.” They actually want to remove all the seals in order to save the shark. I said, “Wait, don’t you have it the other way around?” That’s true. I’m not a big fan of sharks either. I don’t know how many votes am I going to lose? I have people calling me up, “Sir, we have a fund to save the shark. It’s called Save the Shark.” I say, “No thank you. I have other things I can contribute to.”

Donald Trump Speech Transcript August 20: In Joe Biden's Hometown - Rev
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 08-21-2020 at 04:16 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:15 AM   #27103
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

You know it's a lie/made-up conversation when the person says, "Sir, ..." That appears to be his telltale fabrication of a conversation. That, and the fact that he's speaking.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:18 AM   #27104
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Stable genius.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:50 AM   #27105
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Crazy on top of crazy on top of crazy. I get it.

But I still smile at the idea that a random charity telemarketer just called up the White House and got patched through right to the President.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 08:27 AM   #27106
Ksyrup

OK, this thread is pretty interesting.

What caught my eye is the following:

Because I posted this on August 6th in the Random Things thread:

Quote:
Speaking of deliveries, Amazon and USPS... my daughter ordered a textbook for college on July 18th on Amazon, with a delivery window of July 29-August 5. This wasn't Prime, and it obviously was a low priority shipment. Still, we could see the tracking info as it updated, and it was delivered to the Lexington USPS on July 25th. And it sat there until... August 4th, at which point it was transferred to our local USPS (15 miles away) for delivery on the 5th.

Now, I get that it probably had low priority, but why the hell did it have to sit for 10 days in Lexington? It wasn't like this was a special delivery for packages only - it was delivered through our regular mail delivery and was small enough to fit in the mailbox so the driver didn't even have to bring it up to the door.

I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for it, but it just seems odd that it would have to sit there until the absolute last day.

So, I suppose that package is an exact example of what this thread is talking about. Not Amazon, low priority, but I'm guessing the USPS tracking on my package was accurate in that it it showed the package sitting in a backroom in Lexington for about 10 days instead of just some generic "processing center" somewhere.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-21-2020 at 08:28 AM.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:38 AM   #27107
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Conservatives need to understand that relitigating the Charleottesville speech every time it's brought up only reminds people of a speech you'd like them to forget.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:52 AM   #27108
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

DeJoy is testifying right now. I thought it was Monday.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:43 AM   #27109
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Rand Paul suggesting postal delivery goes to 2 days for rural areas. Should go over well with Trumps base.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #27110
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Listening to this, I actually think DeJoy could make the USPS more efficient. Problem is hes a Trump Snake who is doing exactly what he’s being accused of.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:45 AM   #27111
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
DeJoy is testifying right now. I thought it was Monday.

Senate today, Congress on Monday is what I read some where.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #27112
spleen1015
Coordinator

@Ksyrup,

This same thing happened to us a few months ago, I think.

My son traded in his car in Virginia where he is stationed. He couldn't find his title so he ordered a new one from Indiana. It came here and my wife sent it over night USPS. According to the tracking, it 'sat' at the Indy airport for 8 days. Then magically one day it showed as arriving in VA and getting delivered within 20 minutes.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:58 AM   #27113
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
You know it's a lie/made-up conversation when the person says, "Sir, ..." That appears to be his telltale fabrication of a conversation. That, and the fact that he's speaking.
Trump is a serial liar, sure.

That said, of all the things that come with the job, the protocol that the President is always addressed as "sir" or "Mr. President" has got to be REALLY high on this narcissist's short list of things he truly loves about being President. I'd think that any time he tells a story, lie or truth, he's gonna stick that in there because he loves people having to give him a respectful title sooooooo much.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:59 AM   #27114
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The lack of shame some of these senators have with their “questioning” is downright condescending to the American people. Dem senator asks very reasonable question about data and how much analysis went into these changes with regards to the effects on vets, seniors, etc. Then the republican from Wyoming comes in and claims DeJoy should not be responsible for fixing the post office in his first 60 days. Perhaps he also should be expected to not make it worse. He then goes on to ask how much analysis can you do in the first 60 days. Well perhaps then he shouldnt have made the changes without proper analysis? It’s clear the right is taking the track there were issues before he took over.

Last edited by Lathum : 08-21-2020 at 10:01 AM.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:05 AM   #27115
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Maybe I missed it, but waiting for someone to ask him why the sorting machines taken out were in primarily in areas Clinton won in 2016 and ask him about his personal interests In competitors.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:10 AM   #27116
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If all of this was in place before DeJoy, there should be plenty of documentation. Dems need to demand the plannining memos, the implementation timetables, etc. I expect none of this exists, but if he's not lying, none of this happens without written planning and orders.
Old 08-21-2020, 10:13 AM   #27117
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Stable genius.

Yeah sure is -the "best" part is at the end with barely taking a breath, he launched into his usual Israel spiel.

Last edited by Thomkal : 08-21-2020 at 10:14 AM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:35 AM   #27118
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Old 08-21-2020, 01:08 PM   #27119
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Rand Paul suggesting postal delivery goes to 2 days for rural areas. Should go over well with Trumps base.

They'll rationalize it somehow.
Old 08-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #27120
Ksyrup

This seems... ill-advised.

Can't wait for the MyPillow Salivychloreander Test!
Old 08-21-2020, 01:50 PM   #27121
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker
Why? Plenty of free countries with even more democratic forms of government than us that have handled this just fine.

I don't think we're talking about the same 'this'. It's not just COVID. It's about culture in general, what KSyrup said, etc. Even on COVID, I don't think your statement here is accurate but it basically goes back to Burke's quote from centuries ago. You can't be free and not be moral/responsible. You have to take both of those or take neither. Self-evident to me that the US and at least most of Western societies are on a path to neither; some of them aren't on the path, they're there already.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:52 PM   #27122
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
I don't think we're talking about the same 'this'. It's not just COVID. It's about culture in general, what KSyrup said, etc. Even on COVID, I don't think your statement here is accurate but it basically goes back to Burke's quote from centuries ago. You can't be free and not be moral/responsible. You have to take both of those or take neither. Self-evident to me that the US and at least most of Western societies are on a path to neither; some of them aren't on the path, they're there already.

Like I said, tons of free countries with democratically elected leaders (more-so than here) that have no problem with this or other issues.

The United States is the outlier. Just look at the numbers.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 02:07 PM   #27123
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I have looked at them. I don't agree with your assessment at all.
Old 08-21-2020, 02:10 PM   #27124
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
They'll rationalize it somehow.

“How can it be fraud? We told you we were taking money out for ourselves...”
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 02:49 PM   #27125
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Wonder what the "We build the wall" mailing list is selling for. Those people would literally buy/donate for anything. I bet there is a large crossover with Amway as well.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:04 PM   #27126
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

https://www.cnn.com/videos/business/...n-intv-vpx.cnn
Old 08-21-2020, 03:31 PM   #27127
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I have looked at them. I don't agree with your assessment at all.

How are we similar to Canada at all? They are free like us, have a more democratic process too. Cases and deaths are minuscule there.

Japan, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, Finland, I can go on and on. In what way are we similar to them?
Old 08-21-2020, 03:39 PM   #27128
Ksyrup

That totally make sense just based on Trump's tweets.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:42 PM   #27129
whomario
Pro Starter

In a normal presidency it'd be worth discussing the Administration trying to use mechanisms of enforcement of a deal they unilaterally terminated and how insanely stupid that is, with this one it is either just normal stupid (doing away/not bothering with stuff that turns out to be consequential, not a new one) or part of a perverted strategy that set this exact scenario up to play the "you soft europeans, how dare you side with the evil Iranians ?" card to show with what stupid people (read: anybody not bowing to Master America) Biden wants to align himself with.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:48 PM   #27130
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

I specifically said I wasn't just talking about COVID. I don't know how to be more clear on that.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:50 PM   #27131
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Wonder what the "We build the wall" mailing list is selling for. Those people would literally buy/donate for anything. I bet there is a large crossover with Amway as well.

I think any conservative list these days is an invitation to grift. Falwell Jr and LaPierre duked people out of millions. Shit, some random MAGA grifter on Twitter raised $170k after she was arrested for robbing her Mother.

Any of those lists would be gold for a scammer.
Old 08-21-2020, 03:52 PM   #27132
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
I specifically said I wasn't just talking about COVID. I don't know how to be more clear on that.

In what ways are any of those countries in danger of moving to authoritarianism?
Old 08-21-2020, 03:53 PM   #27133
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:

I would argue we are closest to the US, but less partisan politically, so that has helped us.

I would also suggest most, if not all, European countries are significantly more personally responsible than the UK, and even more so compared to the US
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 06:31 PM   #27134
Ksyrup

I mean, if you're gonna live or die with a voting fraud hail mary, you have to cover all your bases. right?

Old 08-21-2020, 06:52 PM   #27135
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
How are we similar to Canada at all? They are free like us, have a more democratic process too. Cases and deaths are minuscule there.

Japan, Denmark, Netherlands, Germany, Finland, I can go on and on. In what way are we similar to them?
The USA is hardly similar the the Netherlands. Especially not in political system, but also in handling the COVID-19 situation. Public disobedience is very similar though, probably more disciplined in the USA. Over here it's almost like there never was a corona virus, despite that everybody knows somebody who knows somebody who got it really bad.

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 08-21-2020 at 06:52 PM.
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 07:17 PM   #27136
RainMaker
General Manager

Shit I forgot you still do the monarch stuff too. Either way, you had 10 deaths yesterday, we had 1100.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:32 PM   #27137
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I mean, if you're gonna live or die with a voting fraud hail mary, you have to cover all your bases. right?
President Trump, who's repeatedly railed against mail-in voting, says he has concerns about in-person voting as well, and wants to use law-enforcement as poll watchers on Election Day. https://t.co/y8jbU2QENf
— NBC News (@NBCNews) August 21, 2020

We already knew this was part of the playbook when stuff started going down in Portland. He's just starting to warm people up to it now so when he throws it out at the RNC, it won't be totally new - they spin will have already been in the works.

It's going to be really coincidental how it'll all be located in blue parts of purple states, too, especially.

SI

Old 08-21-2020, 07:33 PM   #27138
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The lack of shame some of these senators have with their “questioning” is downright condescending to the American people. Dem senator asks very reasonable question about data and how much analysis went into these changes with regards to the effects on vets, seniors, etc. Then the republican from Wyoming comes in and claims DeJoy should not be responsible for fixing the post office in his first 60 days. Perhaps he also should be expected to not make it worse. He then goes on to ask how much analysis can you do in the first 60 days. Well perhaps then he shouldnt have made the changes without proper analysis? It’s clear the right is taking the track there were issues before he took over.

I dunno - this is what every nomination hearing sounds like these days, too, tho. There aren't even softball but relevant questions from the opposition - it's just praise for years of service and questions like "why are you so awesome?"

SI

Old 08-21-2020, 07:48 PM   #27139
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I dunno - this is what every nomination hearing sounds like these days, too, tho. There aren't even softball but relevant questions from the opposition - it's just praise for years of service and questions like "why are you so awesome?"

SI

Honestly, from what I heard of today this was actually a lot better than the usual grandstanding. While the GOP senators would never bring up the mail fraud aspect, I think they are all aware that there are very real issues that their constituents are pissed about. There was far less righteous indignation than usual.
Old 08-21-2020, 09:32 PM   #27140
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post

Donald Trump Speech Transcript August 20: In Joe Biden's Hometown - Rev

You know who said that Trump hated sharks?

Stormy Daniels.

In 2011.

Trump confirms Stormy Daniels claim that he's 'terrified' of sharks | US news | The Guardian

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:23 AM   #27141
Ksyrup

McSally asked donors to "fast a meal" and send the amount to her campaign. How televangelist of her.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:00 AM   #27142
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
McSally asked donors to "fast a meal" and send the amount to her campaign. How televangelist of her.

I saw that last night. Unreal.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:06 AM   #27143
kingfc22
Head Coach

I see we’re going with the “hey look I love God” and “white women do you want to be attacked by those colored people” angles today.
Old 08-22-2020, 09:17 AM   #27144
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

It's going to be such a joy when Kelly Stepmoms her throat in November and we turn AZ blue

Last edited by BYU 14 : 08-22-2020 at 09:18 AM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:22 AM   #27145
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Speaking of stepmoming someones throat, I would love to do that to this POS

Old 08-22-2020, 11:46 AM   #27146
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Rush Limbaugh: “We’re supposed to feel sorry for Biden” because his wife and children died Rush Limbaugh: “We’re supposed to feel sorry for Biden” because his wife and children died | Media Matters for America
— Media Matters (@mmfa) August 21, 2020

I mean, I get that he's (Biden's) a celebrity so we're distant from him but, yeah, feeling sorry for people who have lost loved ones is kindof what human beings do, isn't it?

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 08-22-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-22-2020, 12:15 PM   #27147
Ksyrup

Quote:

I'ts funny this came up because here in Kentucky, our Rep's wife died suddenly about 2 months ago. Andy Barr's wife was in her late 30s and died of mitro valve prolapse one evening. This was about a week before our primary. Anyway, it was terribly sad, he has 2 young kids and she died out of nowhere. His challenger even pulled ads out of respect for him, etc.

He's been fairly quiet the past couple of months but of course he's in a race so he came out with the first ad I've seen since she passed. And it's literally nothing but a rehash of her death and how terrible it has been for him and his kids. I definitely expected that, but then a pivot to "and she believed this and that and I'm running to continue the values she believed in, etc." Nope. None of that. Just "I want you to remember my wife died and here's some sad pictures of me and my poor young kids alone and vote for me." It really turned me off.
Old 08-22-2020, 01:57 PM   #27148
Atocep
Coordinator

I can't imagine how much worse Trump is going to get over the next 70 or so days. FYI the head of the FDA is someone nominated by Trump.

Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:59 PM   #27149
PilotMan
Head Coach

What's amazing to me is that the man in charge, who can quite literally get to the bottom of anything with investigations and powerful allies, is complaining that the "deep state" is actually in charge and someone needs to get to the bottom of why people won't let him do what he thinks they need to.

It's like the 27 Yankees complaining that baseball is rigged.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 02:27 PM   #27150
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

None of this would be happening if Trump was President.