Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2013, 09:19 AM   #351
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
ill add this to my new owner wishlist!

Penguins did similar in 2003

Moved up from 3 to 1 to draft Fleury. Florida was cool with either Staal or Horton. Florida received the 3rd overall, the 55th, and a player (Mikael Samuelsson) for the 1st.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #352
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Let's Go Caps !
Old 04-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #353
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Let's Go Jets!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #354
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
Let's Go Jets!

They already "went" ... hence, Let's Go Caps !

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-23-2013 at 01:01 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #355
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Yup
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-04-24 13.01.45.jpg (274.5 KB, 89 views)
Old 04-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #356
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Well, the Caps basically drove the spike into the Jets playoff hopes last night. They were by far the better team, although the Jets did manage to keep it close.

I think if Bogo wasn't hurt things might have turned out differently, as the pairings of Clitsome/Hainsey and Stuart/Postma were completely overmatched most of the night. But such is life, it's been a good season and I suppose there is still the outside chance that New York loses the rest of their games but I don't see it happening.

Can't wait to see Trouba and maybe Scheifele next year!
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:06 PM   #357
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

It wasn't easy, but it was nice to see the Wings keep their playoff streak alive. Also nice to avoid Chicago in the first round, though having to go up against Anaheim isn't all that much easier. It also involves a lot of travel and many late nights.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #358
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

And so the season is complete as the Canes gamely fought for two periods before collapsing into ruin in the third against Pittsburgh.

This is going to be a long, hard offseason. JR is going to have to figure out how to get this team under a $64 million cap after that massive contract to Jordan Staal before the rules change and the slighly less massive one he gave to Semin midseason. Semin's is worth it considering how ridiculously good he, Staal, and Tlusty were together. The jury is out on Jordan, but he seemed to be finding some chemistry with Tuomo Ruutu late, something he could never seem to develop with Skinner. Skinner for his part continues to struggle with living up to his rookie year. He's not good enough on defense, he's too small for the muggings and the borderline hits he's getting (two and perhaps more concussions in two years), and he's developed a negative reputation with the officials which doesn't help when he's really getting something illegal done to him. Throw in a considerable lack of scoring depth (the Canes have many forwards who would be great for police work with center mass shots on goal) and I sometimes marvel at how this team performed as well as it did to start the year.

I haven't even gotten to the defense yet. Suffice to say, Faulk is only 21, but he's far and away the best player on defense. Everything else was a disaster. It was known the defense wasn't going to be great coming in, but no one expected it to just simply dissolve into nothingness when Faulk went down. Combine that with Ward getting injured and it was just too much. Ellis did as well as he could with occasional off games, but Peters pretty much closed down any chance he's got of ever being more than a spot-duty backup/career AHLer with mostly average or worse performances that were spiced up with jawdropping saves such as the one he pulled on Jagr that always seemed to hint he could be something more but never could do it. The defense needed someone to bail them out every night and without Ward doing that, the flaws were exposed.

The Canes will be joining the Atlantic next year and the team got a hint of things to come because as the losses mounted and the team was eliminated, PNC Arena started getting a lot more loud cheers late in the year for visiting teams who mostly came from the current Atlantic Division. It's going to be an embarrasment to have to hear that for most of the games starting next year unless this stuff gets fixed and fast.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #359
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Oh we get LA.. freaking great...
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:44 PM   #360
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
becasue it looks like the AVS wont catch FLA for the #1 overall....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Lottery + MacKinnon...plenty of chance

Ask and you shall receive
Old 05-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #361
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #362
Logan
Head Coach

This was a really good article on Eric Lindros.

Former hockey player Eric Lindros redefined NHL's culture of playing through injuries - ESPN The Magazine - ESPN
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #363
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Ask and you shall receive

SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote