Old 12-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #101
Danny
Head Coach

Deadline was 20 minutes ago
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #102
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Well, now I'm rooting for the zombies to revive me.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #103
Danny
Head Coach

but then we would just vote you again.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #104
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

deadline
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:27 PM   #105
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, got watching the Iverson return and lost track of time.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #106
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Final Vote:

Danny 3 - claphamsa (54), RealDeal (67), PurdueBrad (89)
Schmidty 1 - Chief Rum (72)
J23 1 - dubb93 (70)
PurdueBrad 4 - Telle (73), hoopsguy (77), Schmidty (84), Danny (93)
Old 12-07-2009, 08:35 PM   #107
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

After a day long very mild debate you narrow it down to two candidate. In a close race you chose PurdueBrad over Danny.

PurdueBrad, you must be te cause of this infection, this deadly demonic virus!

"No!!!! I am n..."

You grab him before he can protest any longer. Someone finds a still warm shtgun, obviously the tool that saved you earlier and turns it towards PurdueBrad.

A shot rings out. PurdueBrad lies motionless on the floor. You slowlyedge closer to him, is he infected, you must be careful.

One of you volunteers to search him but you find no evidence of any infection.

PurdueBrad was a vanilla villager.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #108
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Sorry, got watching the Iverson return and lost track of time.
did your brains get nomed already?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:39 PM   #109
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

You try to get some sleep after a terrifying day but you know that will not be possible. You do manage to close your eyes a few times and draft off.

As you wake and count the survivors you notice something troubling. Someone is missing. You look around and find Chief Rum prone on the floor, or what is left of him. He has been devoured almost beyond recognition.

Chief Rum was a vanilla villager.

You move into day two and hope that the day yields better results or your days may be numbered.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #110
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

im bashing all brains to make sure no one comes back!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #111
Danny
Head Coach

Well, at least no roles lost.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #112
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, no apparent signs of conversion in the writeup. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:07 PM   #113
Schmidty
Coordinator

Welp. This sucks.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:49 PM   #114
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You try to get some sleep after a terrifying day but you know that will not be possible. You do manage to close your eyes a few times and draft off.

As you wake and count the survivors you notice something troubling. Someone is missing. You look around and find Chief Rum prone on the floor, or what is left of him. He has been devoured almost beyond recognition.

Chief Rum was a vanilla villager.

You move into day two and hope that the day yields better results or your days may be numbered.

I have been told I'm tasty. I don't think this is what was meant.

Good luck villagers!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #115
J23
College Benchwarmer

Hey all, sorry for not being around day1. Catching up on posts now.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:16 PM   #116
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Also, no apparent signs of conversion in the writeup. So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

I'm not sure that we'd see any signs of infection. From the role descriptions, it doesn't say anything about the infector killing people, just the infected. If this wasn't just something left out on accident, then we certainly have at least 1 infected and the 1 infector to begin with(I'm assuming we have this role which isn't a huge leap IMO).

EF did state that there were restrictions on the infector's conversion mechanic, but didn't disclose them.

Actually, I think it's a pretty safe bet that someone likely got converted night one if it is an "uphill battle" as EF said in post 12, unless they targeted one of the 3 immune roles.

If we started with 14 people, and a minimum of 2 zombies as I speculated above, we'd be at best case, 10-2 at this point, but I'd think 9-3 or even 8-4 might be more likely.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #117
The Jackal
Coordinator

i apologize for missing the lynch, my internet went down for a couple of hours and i just gave up and did other things
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 11:55 PM   #118
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
I'm not sure that we'd see any signs of infection. From the role descriptions, it doesn't say anything about the infector killing people, just the infected. If this wasn't just something left out on accident, then we certainly have at least 1 infected and the 1 infector to begin with(I'm assuming we have this role which isn't a huge leap IMO).

EF did state that there were restrictions on the infector's conversion mechanic, but didn't disclose them.

Actually, I think it's a pretty safe bet that someone likely got converted night one if it is an "uphill battle" as EF said in post 12, unless they targeted one of the 3 immune roles.

If we started with 14 people, and a minimum of 2 zombies as I speculated above, we'd be at best case, 10-2 at this point, but I'd think 9-3 or even 8-4 might be more likely.

1.) EF did say that the game was going to play out more like standard WW after seeing he did not have as many men as hoped.
2.) In many, but not all, cases of conversion there is something in the writeup to suggest that result
3.) Work through the conversion metric if the conversions happen even every other night. We most likely have a quick game, barring highly powerful roled players that are not listed in the rules
Old 12-08-2009, 01:48 AM   #119
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

hey everyone, sorry i didnt vote today, i completely forgot that the game started. won't happen again, i promise. so not the best day today but definitely not the worst. No roles losst :-) !!!! And ive never played a ww where we nabbed a wolf on the first day so no surprise there

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 AM   #120
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
hey everyone, sorry i didnt vote today, i completely forgot that the game started. won't happen again, i promise. so not the best day today but definitely not the worst. No roles losst :-) !!!! And ive never played a ww where we nabbed a wolf on the first day so no surprise there

slacker!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #121
hoopsguy
General Manager

EF, would you be willing to share the order of actions for the seer vs the conversion? In other words, if the seer scanned the person who was going to be converted would the target scan human or zombie?

Since there was a kill last night that suggests there was at least one zombie to start. So the seer had a shot of getting something today.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:33 AM   #122
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
EF, would you be willing to share the order of actions for the seer vs the conversion? In other words, if the seer scanned the person who was going to be converted would the target scan human or zombie?

Since there was a kill last night that suggests there was at least one zombie to start. So the seer had a shot of getting something today.
but if there was only one zombie... it would be the infected who is cunning!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #123
KWhit
Coordinator

Sorry I missed the vote too. I have not been in WW mode in weeks, so it totally slipped my mind that I had to check the thread.

Sorry x 100.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #124
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
but if there was only one zombie... it would be the infected who is cunning!

May have to re-read the rules then, as I thought the Infector did not kill. So the fact that we had a kill last night made me believe we had a non-Infector out there.

I'll check it now, post again if my version above seems off-base.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #125
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Zombie Roles:

The Infector - You are the cause of this infection. You grew tired of life and spent years developing this bacteria which would turn humans into mindless and soulless flesh craving eating machines. You may attempt to infect other players each night. If successful they will become members of your zombie horde. You have the cunning ability and will not scan as a zombie.

Infected - You are a vanila zombie. If you have been infected you will begin to crave the flesh of humans. Each night one infected will be chosen to perform a kill.

I decide to post again even though I think I was right with the interpretation.

It does not say anything about Infector being able to kill. So the fact that there was a kill leads me to believe that there was a non-Infector zombie present last night.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #126
hoopsguy
General Manager

EF, I have another question and this is one that probably should have come up pre-game but ...

Is the Infector a standard wolf that can communicate with the other wolves/zombies? The rules seem to suggest that the Infector creates the zombies, so he would know who they are. But can a human communicate with the zombies? If the Infector cannot communicate with them, then do the zombies know who is the Infector is?

If this is stuff that you cannot comment on, I understand. But I figured I may as well ask the questions.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #127
The Jackal
Coordinator

That's tough for the seer unless we know for sure whether or not the Infector can kill. Hoops interpretation seems to make sense.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #128
The Jackal
Coordinator

Seems we had a few people who's brains were still in holiday mode, let's make sure we don't let that happen again today. I'm working the next two nights so will be gone from 5 till after the deadline, and my vote will come prior.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #129
The Jackal
Coordinator

Another question that you may not be able to answer, do the zombies get a conversion and kill attempt every night since there a few people immune to infection or do they have to choose?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #130
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If the seer scans a person on a night they are converted the scan happens after conversion.

The "wolves" function just as a standard set of wolves. They have PM rights. There is no "outsider" wolf role (without PM rights) as there was in 42 Attempts game.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Basically this game is much closer to a normal game of WW due to the small number of players.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #131
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I may not have much access to the site today. Between other issues which have come up today and have all been given highest priority and having a client upgrade this morning I am swamped.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #132
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, one more question for you then, EF:

Since it is closer to a "normal" game at this point, can you let us know if the wolves have the ability to both convert and kill on the same evening? Or would this be an either/or choice for their night action?
Old 12-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #133
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It does not say anything about Infector being able to kill. So the fact that there was a kill leads me to believe that there was a non-Infector zombie present last night.
pretty far reach to say any wolf wouldnt be able to kill.... it maybe true.... but wow

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #134
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
pretty far reach to say any wolf wouldnt be able to kill.... it maybe true.... but wow

I think Hoops' analysis of the roles makes perfect sense. Are you just trying to paint him with some suspicion?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #135
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

This was the same conclusion that I came to in my post last night.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #136
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I think for the time being we have to assume there are multiple wolves.

I'm looking at the Purdue vs. Danny vote. Obviously, it's importance will turn on whether or not Danny is a wolf. There wasn't a lot of vote switching, but there were a few votes on Purdue thrown in fairly late in the voting cycle.

I'm also open to any information we can get from villagers. The seer has reason to lay low for a few more turns, but otherwise I am always a big advocate of getting information out sooner rather than later. Otherwise, we may end up with another blind vote.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #137
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I think Hoops' analysis of the roles makes perfect sense. Are you just trying to paint him with some suspicion?

If he isn't then I will. I expect Hoops to die N1 every game and when he doesn't it raises my eyebrows.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:26 PM   #138
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
I think for the time being we have to assume there are multiple wolves.

I would agree with that. My guess from what EF is telling us is that there either isn't going to be conversions in this game or they are going to be on a limited basis rather than what is intended. I could see the infector having a one time conversion power to bring the wolves number up inline to whatever EF has decided would balance the game.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #139
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

i think it makes 0 sense, and EF says as much in his explanation.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:48 PM   #140
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Is there anyone that still hasn't shown up at this point?
Old 12-08-2009, 12:49 PM   #141
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

Maybe I'm wrong but a quick scan of the thread and I don't see anything from Telle.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #142
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong but a quick scan of the thread and I don't see anything from Telle.

Scratch that. She voted yesterday.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #143
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
If he isn't then I will. I expect Hoops to die N1 every game and when he doesn't it raises my eyebrows.

I get my share, and then some, of N1 deaths

Old 12-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #144
Telle
College Starter

Quote:

I haven't seen Lathum yet.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #145
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
i think it makes 0 sense, and EF says as much in his explanation.

I'm interested in seeing where EF "says as much in his explanation". If you want to come after me as a wolf/zombie, bring it. You'll be wrong, but at least it will spice things up a bit in this game.

But the idea that Hoops = wolf because you perceive EF's response as dismissive is one of the bigger logic leaps/fails that I've seen in WW. And that is saying something ...
Old 12-08-2009, 12:58 PM   #146
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I haven't seen Lathum yet.

Odd, I remember Lathum lurking in thread yesterday about the time someone made the "I blame Lathum" joke.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #147
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If the seer scans a person on a night they are converted the scan happens after conversion.

The "wolves" function just as a standard set of wolves. They have PM rights. There is no "outsider" wolf role (without PM rights) as there was in 42 Attempts game.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Basically this game is much closer to a normal game of WW due to the small number of players.

This is for Hoops. A standard set of wolves would imply that every wolf can kill IMHO.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #148
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm interested in seeing where EF "says as much in his explanation". If you want to come after me as a wolf/zombie, bring it. You'll be wrong, but at least it will spice things up a bit in this game.

But the idea that Hoops = wolf because you perceive EF's response as dismissive is one of the bigger logic leaps/fails that I've seen in WW. And that is saying something ...
i never said in any ways you are a wolf......

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #149
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

although you are acting kinda funny :P trying to get scanned?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #150
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
although you are acting kinda funny :P trying to get scanned?

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!