Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Front Office Football Multiplayer > FOF MP Commish Resources
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
Ragin Cajun
n00b

Seeking help

Hey guys. I've been lurking around for a while and posting when the need arises. I bought FOF last year for my first FOF MP league and started in my league in week 5. Unfortunately, after week six, the commissioner left and nobody stepped up. I bit the bullet and took over the league and we are now finishing up my first full season running the show.

I'm truly a "point and click" guy and don't know the in's and out's of many of the programming stuff discussed here...way over my head. Never thought I'd say that but technology is passing me by in my old age (but I can program my remote control still.. )

Anyway, the old commish had a database going (link here: http://www.fof-tfl.net/stats/. As you can see, when I update my HTML it does not update the database.

I am looking for some guided help to help make my league just a little bit better by either figuring out how to update this database or start from scratch with a new one...but I've looked at the DBUpdater (can't figure out what data to input into the window) and I'm not sure what to do. Any of you experienced guys willing to walk me through to help out? I take detailed notes and practice makes perfect. I'm willing to do updates but just not sure where/when/how to do them. As mentioned, I've gotten pretty fluent (lol) with my HTML updates this season but would like to do something to make my league better both for me and my owners.

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.

Last edited by Ragin Cajun : 03-25-2010 at 12:31 PM.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
beargrowlz
High School Varsity

It looks like it was designed by Jon Baker (jdavidbaker) from the vNFL. It probably uses Greg Stelmack's DBupdater to update the database after every sim. You'll need access to your MySQL database including the My SQL server, port number, database name, database username and password in order to update the database. As it sounds like it isn't hosted on your machine, unless it is hosted on someone else's machine who can get you that information, you'll need to get that information from the previous commissioner - or whomever was running DBupdater after every sim.

Finally, Jon is a member here and you could drop him a note and ask him if he has that information as that does look like his work.

Hope that helps.

Cheers.

[email protected]
TCY Golden Scribe Winner - Bear Goes Home

"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out."
--Thomas B. Macaulay
beargrowlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:09 PM   #3
Ragin Cajun
n00b

Thanks. I shot him a PM.
Ragin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote