Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #51
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I loved my R6 and miss it already. IMO, Yamaha makes the best sportbikes around.

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:20 PM   #52
JS19
College Prospect

Well, the time is almost coming. I usually register/insure mine at the end of March, so I'm getting pretty excited. I'm in the market for a new helmet and jacket, pretty sure I've found the jacket, but having some trouble in the helmet department. Any of you guys have any spots online that you would recommend?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #53
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegRat View Post
Got my new bike today. I started with an 89 Yamaha FZR 600 known as the Bud bike because of the Budweiser decals. Then I bought a 94 Honda CBR 600. The end of last season I bought (for gas purpouses) a 05 Kawasaki Ninja 250. Today I traded in the Ninja for a 05 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Mean Streak. Love the bike. It will hold me over until I get a Harley or a Big Dog.

Well so much for holding me over until the Harley or Big Dog. I sold the Mean Streak towards the end of last year because the wife and I had a kid on the way. I did manage to still get a toy, as we bought a brand new fishing boat.
A boat will never give me the same feeling of a cycle, but the family should have fun on it.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #54
JS19
College Prospect

Decided to get mine out of the garage today and ready to ride for tomorrow. Gave it a quick wash and started to think I might wanna get some new plastics. There's a little scratch on the left side that just bugs the shit out of me, and I've also been thinking of playing around with the color scheme. I've searched just about everywhere, ebay, craigslist, yamaha, and just general google searches, but these things are so damn expensive. Can't justify it, financially, getting new fairings. Thought it couldn't hurt to see, by some small chance in hell, if anyone here knows of a legit place to find fairings at reasonable prices?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:05 PM   #55
SegRat
High School Varsity

I miss my bike.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #56
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Going to get my first full season under my belt this year, am gearing up now. Started riding August of last.

Bought some khaki riding pants, we'll see if those work out well enough for work wear. Also got a fastpass(toll booth) holder and bike's going in for a tuneup next week. Looking for a GPS for bikes(mount, visible in sun, gloves work on screen), damn things are twice as expensive as a standard one though.

2011 I think I'm upping to a R1 or CBR1000.

Last edited by jeff061 : 03-19-2010 at 11:36 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:21 AM   #57
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me get an R1.
Old 07-23-2016, 09:50 AM   #58
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Well... several years later.. approaching 45 years old and since my car is paid off, I talked the wife into letting me get a new 2016 Kawasaki Ninja 300 KRT Edition motorcycle.

I'm picking it up next weekend. It's the smallest cc bike I've ever purchased, but sits upright more so than a 600 and still has that sportbike look I've always loved. Plus, they took around $1200 off with all the discounts.

We live out in the country, so there is plenty of open farm road to ride.