Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #1
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

Man Coverage vs Zone Coverage

Dear FOF8 addicts,

I have a question / discussion to propose.

As the help file say Man Coverage is used to determine how good is that defender covering a route by a receiver. So I guess M2M goes against RR among others to decide outcome of the play. As most of the defenses are Zone Defenses, how do you interprete the ZD rating? Be in position to swat the ball / knock it out of his grasp / favorable position for interception?

So first ZD check then M2M vs RR?? Or how do you think it might work??

Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Dear FOF8 addicts,

I have a question / discussion to propose.

As the help file say Man Coverage is used to determine how good is that defender covering a route by a receiver. So I guess M2M goes against RR among others to decide outcome of the play. As most of the defenses are Zone Defenses, how do you interprete the ZD rating? Be in position to swat the ball / knock it out of his grasp / favorable position for interception?

So first ZD check then M2M vs RR?? Or how do you think it might work??
My assumption used to be that if a player is on Man-to-Man duty, the M2M bar is used, if player is on Bump and Run duty the BnR bar is used and the zone bar is used on short zone or deep zone duty. Interception skill then comes into play if the player wins the roll to beat the WR.
But... based on how horrible my MP defense has done lately, I'm afraid that assumption was too simplistic...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:29 AM   #3
Sharkn20
High School Varsity

There is only 3 pure M2M defenses and all pretty much qill kill you in the long ball... So I am always scared to use it.
Sharkn20 is offline   Reply With Quote