Butter
Coordinator

PING: Michigan fans

Enjoy the Outback bowl.

Butter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 05:55 PM   #2
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Thanks and, uh.... good luck in the Capitol One bowl?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 09:25 PM   #3
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I wish i was still in Toledo this year,

always a great place to be for the Michigan/ Ohio State game
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:10 PM   #4
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Is there a way for both teams to lose
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 10:25 PM   #5
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'd talk some smack, but, well I'm a Spartan fan.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:23 AM   #6
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
Thanks and, uh.... good luck in the Capitol One bowl?

No, no, NO! That's all wrong.

Sparty is going to show up against PSU, and Ohio State's going to end up in the Fiesta Bowl. Again. Woo-hoo?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:31 AM   #7
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty

I've got to tell you, I've enjoyed the Michigan State collapse this season for no other reason than all that endless smack you provided when they were 4-0.

Now, I'm back to rooting for you for one week. Of course, it may be a moot point by kickoff, in which case I'll go back to wanting a happy ending for JoePa.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 08:41 AM   #8
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
No, no, NO! That's all wrong.

Sparty is going to show up against PSU, and Ohio State's going to end up in the Fiesta Bowl. Again. Woo-hoo?

The stateo of Michigan protects its own. Michigan wins. Sparty wins. Penn State ends up in the Capitol One bowl. OSU gets to spend new years day in the Outback bowl. Michigan parties it up in the Fiesta or some other BCS bowl.

End of.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 11-15-2005, 08:42 AM   #9
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

What happened? It seemed like ever since that botched field goal attempt on the last play of the second half against OSU Sparty has just imploded. Where is the Heisman candidate Drew Stanton?

Old 11-15-2005, 11:38 AM   #10
ice4277
Pro Rookie

If MSU wins, I think an MSU-WMU Motor City Bowl would be pretty cool.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 11:42 AM   #11
Huckleberry
College Starter

How cute. Wolverine fans and Buckeye fans talking smack.

Signed,
A Longhorn Fan

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 11:51 AM   #12
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry
How cute. Wolverine fans and Buckeye fans talking smack.

Signed,
A Longhorn Fan

When was the last time Texas won a national championship again? So far, Texas has looked very impressive against all those Big 12 power houses. Kansas... Texas Tech... Ooooohhh... Scary!

That said, I like Texas. It's hard not to, especially since many of the Lions best players: Shaun Rogers, Roy Williams, and Cory Redding hail from there . I like Vince Young too.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #13
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
I've got to tell you, I've enjoyed the Michigan State collapse this season for no other reason than all that endless smack you provided when they were 4-0.

Now, I'm back to rooting for you for one week. Of course, it may be a moot point by kickoff, in which case I'll go back to wanting a happy ending for JoePa.

Hey I can take my medicine. I deserve it.

In a way, I want JoePa to win, since I love that guy, but I really can't go against my team.

Last edited by Schmidty : 11-15-2005 at 01:47 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:46 PM   #14
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
What happened? It seemed like ever since that botched field goal attempt on the last play of the second half against OSU Sparty has just imploded. Where is the Heisman candidate Drew Stanton?

Defense, defense, defense. I've watched every single game, and the biggest problem is that the LBs are waaaay too slow to stop the outside runs or help out with pass defense in the middle of the field. Also the CBs and FS are atrocious. The only bright spot on defense is the interior linemen and Eric Smith, the SS.

I think after the OSU game, the defense just gave up, and after the Northwestern game, the offense follow suit. I don't think that Stanton quit, but with all of the dropped balls and lack of protection, there's not much he can do.

Just a depressing year all around.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:51 PM   #15
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo
I wish i was still in Toledo this year

You are a sick, sick person. Even Toledo doesn't wish it were in Toledo.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 01:58 PM   #16
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
When was the last time Texas won a national championship again? So far, Texas has looked very impressive against all those Big 12 power houses. Kansas... Texas Tech... Ooooohhh... Scary!

That said, I like Texas. It's hard not to, especially since many of the Lions best players: Shaun Rogers, Roy Williams, and Cory Redding hail from there . I like Vince Young too.

Mighty touchy. The post was in reference two the last two games we played against Big Ten teams. In case you forgot.

By the way, when was the last time Michigan actually had the best team in the nation again? 1948?

Old 11-15-2005, 02:04 PM   #17
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Mighty touchy. The post was in reference two the last two games we played against Big Ten teams. In case you forgot.

By the way, when was the last time Michigan actually had the best team in the nation again? 1948?

No debate there.

I don't acknowledge that Tom Osborne sympathy vote nonsense. Never have. Never will.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:06 PM   #18
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Mighty touchy.
Dola.

Also, you come in here talking smack and I reply with a little smack and I'm "mighty touchy"? Do you not understand how smack talking works? Kid, if you can't handle the heat, stay out the damn kitchen!

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 11-15-2005 at 02:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:16 PM   #19
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:

No debate there.

I don't acknowledge that Tom Osborne sympathy vote nonsense. Never have. Never will.

That was back when nearly everyone acknowledged that Big Ten teams were just too slow to keep up with the Nebraska's and Miami's of the world.

Then came 2002, and Ohio State legitimized Michigan's '97 team as the best in the nation.

Or something.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:26 PM   #20
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
That was back when nearly everyone acknowledged that Big Ten teams were just too slow to keep up with the Nebraska's and Miami's of the world.

Then came 2002, and Ohio State legitimized Michigan's '97 team as the best in the nation.

Or something.

I've never heard that historical intrepretation of those events. It's, uh, interesting.

Or something.

Though I do recall everyone thinking that Big Ten teams were too slow and such, but I thought that whole nonsense was resolved in the mid-to-late 90's or so.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:32 PM   #21
Butter
Coordinator

No, in my revised version, it was Ohio State v. Miami that laid that to rest.

Although the Penn State team with Kerry Collins and Ki-Jana Carter was pretty impressive too.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:34 PM   #22
Huckleberry
College Starter

Nebraska would have run Michigan out of the stadium.

If we want to look objectively, everyone computer ratings set I know of had Nebraska ahead in 1997. Many had Michigan 3rd or lower. This link will show you that the only titles given to Michigan were in the human polls. All objective non-biased interpretations gave it to Nebraska.

Old 11-15-2005, 02:38 PM   #23
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Nebraska would have run Michigan out of the stadium.

Don't think so. No.

1997 Michigan football team: Undefeated National Champions.

As for Nebraska... Anytime. Anywhere. Bring it.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:42 PM   #24
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Don't think so. No.

1997 Michigan football team: Undefeated National Champions.

As for Nebraska... Anytime. Anywhere. Bring it.

I'm sorry, but Nebraska would have won. That team was amazing.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:45 PM   #25
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I'm sorry, but Nebraska would have won. That team was amazing.

I am shocked. Shocked, I say, that you'd come down in favor of Nebraska in this debate!
Old 11-15-2005, 02:46 PM   #26
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I am shocked. Shocked, I say, that you'd come down in favor of Nebraska in this debate!

Can't teach an old dog new tricks, sorry.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:47 PM   #27
Blade6119
Coordinator

Its pains me to say this as a mizzou boy, but its true...Nebraska would have kicked the ever loving crap out of michigan...that team had everything
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 02:48 PM   #28
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Its pains me to say this as a mizzou boy, but its true...Nebraska would have kicked the ever loving crap out of michigan...that team had everything

It didn't have a Heisman Trophy winner!
Old 11-15-2005, 02:49 PM   #29
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

My own computer system had Nebraska ahead of Michigan by quite a bit. Of course, none of the polls actually take matchups into account. I think it would have been a good game. The BCS was designed precisely to address what happened in 1997. Unfortunately, the BCS doesn't do so well with the myriad of other possibilities.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 02:54 PM   #30
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
My own computer system had Nebraska ahead of Michigan by quite a bit. Of course, none of the polls actually take matchups into account. I think it would have been a good game. The BCS was designed precisely to address what happened in 1997. Unfortunately, the BCS doesn't do so well with the myriad of other possibilities.

In my latest FOF5 career, I led the Detroit Lions to 5 straight Super Bowls. Joey Harrington even won one. So, obviously your own computer systems have a kink or two left in them.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:57 PM   #31
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
In my latest FOF5 career, I led the Detroit Lions to 5 straight Super Bowls. Joey Harrington even won one. So, obviously your own computer systems have a kink or two left in them.

BURN!!!!

Old 11-15-2005, 02:58 PM   #32
Butter
Coordinator

These arguments against Michigan are pretty much the same ones made against Ohio State the year they played Miami for the title. Most prognosticators had Miami winning by 2 touchdowns or even more. Ohio State was supposed to be "run out of the stadium".

If Michigan had the right gameplan in that game, they could have won. It would've been a good one. But I think it would've been even, and I think Michigan more than deserves the split title that year, since it was pre-BCS.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:03 PM   #33
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
These arguments against Michigan are pretty much the same ones made against Ohio State the year they played Miami for the title. Most prognosticators had Miami winning by 2 touchdowns or even more. Ohio State was supposed to be "run out of the stadium".

If Michigan had the right gameplan in that game, they could have won. It would've been a good one. But I think it would've been even, and I think Michigan more than deserves the split title that year, since it was pre-BCS.

Agreed. The Butterman is wise.

Now... enough with this frolic and detour and back to the matter at hand...

OHIO STATE SUCKS!

They will lose and lose royally this Saturday. No more of that Teddy Ginn nonsense. NO MORE!

To put it in the parlance of our times...

Michigan is Obi Wan Kenobi.
Ohio State is Anakin Skywalker.
And Michigan has the higher ground, BITCHES!!!
Old 11-15-2005, 03:04 PM   #34
Blade6119
Coordinator

*Whimper* at the thought of what happens in like a month when brad smith graduates from mizzou....hello baylor part II
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 03:14 PM   #35
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
They will lose and lose royally this Saturday. No more of that Teddy Ginn nonsense. NO MORE!

Would you take any of that Santonio Holmes nonsense? It's half price.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:41 PM   #36
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Would you take any of that Santonio Holmes nonsense? It's half price.

While your offer is quite generous, we will not be accepting any nonsense from players whose first name sounds like a mispronunciation of a city in Texas. I am sorry.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:58 PM   #37
Huckleberry
College Starter

Did you know that Cedric Griffin, the Texas CB that had primary coverage responsibility for Santonio Holmes this year, went to San Antonio Holmes high school?

Amazing but true.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:34 PM   #38
JeffNights
College Prospect

Quote:

ZING!!! ZAM!!!!! BOOM!!!! KAPOW!!!!!!

Best. Burn. Ever.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 09:04 PM   #39
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I will be making my way to East Lansing this weekend to root on the Nittany Lions to, hopefully, their 2nd Big Ten title. Hopefully it will be better than my last trip to Michigan a little over a month ago. To tell you the truth I am a little worried about MSU their offense has a chance to blow up at any moment but they are going to be a little shorthanded as their top receiver is out for the game. In this mini-rivalry the home team has a decisive edge. I just hope we get the MSU team that showed up against Northwestern, Purdue, and Minnesota and not the one that showed up vs Notre Dame.

edit: This wont be Joe's last year. He already said he is coming back next year. Question to the OSU/UM fans: What do you think of College Gameday passing on the big game in Ann Arbor to come to East Lansing?

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 11-15-2005 at 09:06 PM.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 07:22 AM   #40
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16
Question to the OSU/UM fans: What do you think of College Gameday passing on the big game in Ann Arbor to come to East Lansing?

I don't watch College GameDay, so I don't care.

What I do care about is them firing Lou Holtz this offseason and bringing in someone who doesn't have a sack of marbles in their mouth.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:29 AM   #41
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I don't watch College GameDay, so I don't care.

What I do care about is them firing Lou Holtz this offseason and bringing in someone who doesn't have a sack of marbles in their mouth.

I concur with both statements above.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:06 AM   #42
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Lou Holtz: Uniter of Michigan and Ohio State Fans Everywhere!
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:24 AM   #43
Butter
Coordinator

So, how did you guys like the Buckeye 3-point shooting last night? I must say, I was quite pleased with it myself.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:33 AM   #44
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I suspect steroids.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:14 PM   #45
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
So, how did you guys like the Buckeye 3-point shooting last night? I must say, I was quite pleased with it myself.

They shot as high as half of them can count.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote