Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #301
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I would humbly suggest that First Officer KWhit and I spend the night together in the brig.

Will that be possible? If all of our engineers work on the Security HQ, it should be repaired today, but does that go into effect during today's phase or for tonight's phase? if tonight's phase, then I don't think the warden can put you in until tommorrow. If today's phase, then all good...

In addition to this, I think it probably is wise for the other doctor (The Jackal) to perhaps examine Path. I remember past missions there was an issue where one of the doctors was actually infected.

If The Jackal can clear Path for now, then having Path and Kwhit in the brig to start sounds like a good idea. I just don't want to see us make the same mistake that happened in previous missions where a spawn is locked up in the brig with our cleared officer.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #302
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Hmm, hope our medic is more alert in the case of a real emergency.

The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 AM   #303
The Jackal
Coordinator

Alan, Path is the doctor, I'm the medic.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #304
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Will that be possible? If all of our engineers work on the Security HQ, it should be repaired today, but does that go into effect during today's phase or for tonight's phase? if tonight's phase, then I don't think the warden can put you in until tommorrow. If today's phase, then all good...

In addition to this, I think it probably is wise for the other doctor (The Jackal) to perhaps examine Path. I remember past missions there was an issue where one of the doctors was actually infected.

If The Jackal can clear Path for now, then having Path and Kwhit in the brig to start sounds like a good idea. I just don't want to see us make the same mistake that happened in previous missions where a spawn is locked up in the brig with our cleared officer.

Oh woops.. for some reason I was thinking we had two doctors, not a doctor and a medic... ahh nevermind this then!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #305
Barkeep49
Coordinator

When something is repaired, it is done so instantly. So if the Security HQ is repaired by the end of today's cycle people may be put in there tonight.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:13 AM   #306
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm pretty sure I can put people in the brig as soon as the security HQ is repaired. So PB, Danny, jeheinz -- get working! Although, I'll probably wait until later in the day to decide who goes in there anyway, so no real rush.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #307
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm not sure who can clear me. I don't think that Jackal can though. But I'd agree that if you want to trust my results you're going to need to have to verify my humanity (humanness?)......
Old 07-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #308
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Thanks Pass...I was a little confused there I guess...

BK - will I need to specify who the weapons should go to or is there a hierarchy already in place for that?

AlanT - if I'm supposed to specify, please let me know if you have a preference on who should get weapons first...

I'm heading out for a little while, I will be back no later than 4ish though
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #309
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

scientist checking in! I thought the game wasn't starting until today.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #310
path12
Coordinator

Actually, I guess that if Jackal was trained so he was a doctor also then we could go forward both having two scans per day and also clear me. But I guess I'd have to scan him first......
Old 07-08-2008, 11:18 AM   #311
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not sure who can clear me. I don't think that Jackal can though. But I'd agree that if you want to trust my results you're going to need to have to verify my humanity (humanness?)......

I think for now we'll have to work under the assumption that you are ok, and people you clear are ok. We'll likely want our trainer to help train us a second doctor I would believe and at that point we'll want to have them check you out. If you show up clean then, we're ok... if not then well yuck
Old 07-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #312
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Jeheinz goes off the to the Security Headquarters in order to help Tyrith. The two of them seem to work well together.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #313
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Actually, I guess that if Jackal was trained so he was a doctor also then we could go forward both having two scans per day and also clear me. But I guess I'd have to scan him first......

Well the trainer could train The Jackal up, but there also is some use to keeping The Jackal as the medic and training up a new doctor so we still have someone to help heal folks.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #314
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

W0ot! I'm in action!
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #315
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post

BK - will I need to specify who the weapons should go to or is there a hierarchy already in place for that?

You'll need to specify.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #316
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I think for now we'll have to work under the assumption that you are ok, and people you clear are ok. We'll likely want our trainer to help train us a second doctor I would believe and at that point we'll want to have them check you out. If you show up clean then, we're ok... if not then well yuck

Along that same line, I'm assuming that as the captain that you start good, but looking back through the rules I don't see anything that says that for sure.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:21 AM   #317
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Thanks Pass...I was a little confused there I guess...

AlanT - if I'm supposed to specify, please let me know if you have a preference on who should get weapons first...

I'm heading out for a little while, I will be back no later than 4ish though

Yes you will have to hand out the weapons to people Each day. I would like to recommend that you and Hoopsguy work together to assign them (with taking input from others that are interested in tossing out their thoughts).

Initially I would assume we'll want some variation of you, Hoopsguy and others in the security staff to have them.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:22 AM   #318
The Jackal
Coordinator

Having two doctors would probably be useful, can still choose to heal instead of scan anytime.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #319
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Along that same line, I'm assuming that as the captain that you start good, but looking back through the rules I don't see anything that says that for sure.

I am good, and that probably is a good assumption, but I think we can't absolutely trust anyone is good that there isn't some way to remove doubt of infection. For now I don't think you should include me in the brig with you + Kwhit. I think you have to start with whom you trust for sure and then we need to make sure those locked up in the brig don't go out for away missions or expose themselves somewhere that they can be infected.

You can scan me when you wish to add me in there, but for now it should remain just you and Kwhit I think.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #320
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Having two doctors would probably be useful, can still choose to heal instead of scan anytime.

My point was:

2 doctors + medic (making someone else a doctor instead of you) = 2 scans + ability to heal each day

2 doctors + no medic (making you the doctor) = either 2 scans, or 1 scan + 1 heal each day.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #321
The Jackal
Coordinator

Right. I'm fine with whatever.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:39 AM   #322
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am curious about what the scientists have done in past games.... if anybody remembers.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:42 AM   #323
KWhit
Coordinator

Okay, the two away missions are planned. I think we need to go ahead and send out the exploratory mission so we can have that done in time for the other 2 missions.

Render, Telle, can one of you guys lead that mission for us?
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #324
KWhit
Coordinator

And I had forgotten that we can use slaves on any mission, so there's that option as well. We need to make sure we have a scientist on board, though.

BK, I assume scientists help on exploration missions, too. Is that correct?
Old 07-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #325
KWhit
Coordinator

And I think Path and myself going to the brig is a good idea. I'd also be for putting AlanT in there as it's likely he's not spawn. But that's a risk.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #326
hoopsguy
General Manager

Game #1 - Dubb the scientist was either infected or started Spawn and was busted fairly early.

Don't recall Game #2.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #327
hoopsguy
General Manager

Olie - I would like to see what happens on the away missions before putting too much thought into who gets weapons. But if you have some ideas already I'm happy to discuss them.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:52 AM   #328
Telle
College Starter

I'll go ahead and lead the exploratory mission. I presume I have to put in a PM to do that? And do I need to state who's on it or was that part of the planning already submitted?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:53 AM   #329
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
And I had forgotten that we can use slaves on any mission, so there's that option as well. We need to make sure we have a scientist on board, though.

BK, I assume scientists help on exploration missions, too. Is that correct?
Correct
Old 07-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #330
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I'll go ahead and lead the exploratory mission. I presume I have to put in a PM to do that? And do I need to state who's on it or was that part of the planning already submitted?
You need to state in your PM who is on the away mission with you.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #331
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

You PM BK who's on the mission. Make sure to include a scientist and then you can choose to use privates or slaves to round out the 5 member team. So you, scientist, and then 3 others (privates, slaves, or a combo).
Old 07-08-2008, 11:55 AM   #332
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Following his comrades, PurdueBrade goes to work on the Security HQ.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:58 AM   #333
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I am curious about what the scientists have done in past games.... if anybody remembers.

I seem to remember a scientist on a past mission after going off on an away team came back with some ability to create some new device or weapon or something after a few days.. I might be remembering incorrectly though as I think one of the scientist was also infected and it might have just been a cover story he used instead though.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:59 AM   #334
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I've been working on the headquarters
all the live-long day
I've been working on the headquarters
to keep the Spawn at bay
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #335
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Haha, clutch PB.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #336
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It has come time. Ensign Telle calls PackerFanatic, Claphamsa, and 2 slaves to join her on an away mission. They will be exploring for future mining sites.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-08-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:03 PM   #337
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You PM BK who's on the mission. Make sure to include a scientist and then you can choose to use privates or slaves to round out the 5 member team. So you, scientist, and then 3 others (privates, slaves, or a combo).

I wonder if slaves are only useful on mining missions, or they are equally useful on exploration missions....

As long as it doesn't effect it much, I think the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of us using Telle + slaves + scientist on the mission
Old 07-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #338
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I wonder if slaves are only useful on mining missions, or they are equally useful on exploration missions....

As long as it doesn't effect it much, I think the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of us using Telle + slaves + scientist on the mission

I went with one private and two slaves.. figured it was a decent balance.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #339
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And I think Path and myself going to the brig is a good idea. I'd also be for putting AlanT in there as it's likely he's not spawn. But that's a risk.

Well I know that I am not a spawn, so I don't think anything further bad can come from me being in there on a personal knowledge level.. However this is a dangerous thing to start doing.. I think it is going to be very important to keep the cleared people quarantined from any possibility of spawn infection.. so that means not taking those types of risks... So I think it would be a bad precedence to start with me going in there until I'm cleared.

I'll leave the decision for this up to Hoopsguy and Passacaglia though on how they want to handle it, I'm not opposed to going in there, just saying why I think it is important to be very careful with this. Lets say I know from personal experience with Kwhit in there in a past life...
Old 07-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #340
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Do us proud out there, good luck on the mission!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #341
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I want to go on a mission! Who runs the other mission? Kwhit?
Old 07-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #342
Barkeep49
Coordinator

A while later the intrepid group returns. There is a smile on the face of Telle as she informs the crew that she has found several sites that seem like they would be promising to dig at. When she points to these sites, the general consensus is that it would have been VERY hard for any exploration mission to have done better.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-08-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #343
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Good deal.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:11 PM   #344
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I want to go on a mission! Who runs the other mission? Kwhit?

Kwhit used up his turns for today. I think he is asking that Second officer Render lead the next group.

and nice job Telle, looks like you all did a bang up job.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #345
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
A while later the intrepid group returns. There is a smile on the face of Telle as she informs the crew that she has found several sites that seem like they would be promising to dig at. When she points to these sites, the general consensus is that it would have been VERY hard for any exploration mission to have done better.

Great job!

Likely no sabotage on that mission (doesn't mean that there were no spawn on it, however, just to be clear). But that's awesome!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #346
Telle
College Starter

Yay! My first away mission is a success!!
Old 07-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #347
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Wow, nice job on the mission guys!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #348
hoopsguy
General Manager

Terrific - nice to see a good start. Well done to all members of that team.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #349
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Great job!

Likely no sabotage on that mission (doesn't mean that there were no spawn on it, however, just to be clear). But that's awesome!

If I remember right, when the spawn infects you.. it doesn't happen immediately. There is a time period where the doctor can actually cure you if he scans you and finds you infected..

So someone on the away team could have still been infected, even though it does seem likely from that result that no spawn was on the trip.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:13 PM   #350
KWhit
Coordinator

Yeah, now Render can lead the other planned mission.

And I think that Saldana should lead the slaves out on an unplanned mission.

(This is just my suggestion - I'm totally open to discussion if others have better/different ideas).