Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-18-2010, 08:24 AM   #1
samifan24
Pro Starter

Car insurance thread

Who do you have for car insurance and are you happy with them?

I am choosing between Progressive and State Farm for my new policy, as both are now cheaper than my current Geico policy. If you're a current Progressive or State Farm customer, are you happy with them? Had a bad experience with either?

Last edited by samifan24 : 05-18-2010 at 08:45 AM.
samifan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:37 AM   #2
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Most people just have homeowner's insurance, not sure I've ever known anyone that insured their can separately

Now as for car insurance, I had State Farm most of my life & never had an issue with getting claims paid or anything like that (granted, I didn't have a ton of claims). Much more cost efficient with either a multi-car or multiple-policy (i.e. homeowner's too) discount though. I did come away feeling as though the quality of your local agent would affect how happy you were with SF overall, as that's actually what caused me to eventually switch elsewhere.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

The only can I can think of that needs insurance:
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
Rizon
Pro Starter

I prefer tin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #5
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post

Now that's the "can do" attitude I like to see...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:46 AM   #6
flounder
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Now as for car insurance, I had State Farm most of my life & never had an issue with getting claims paid or anything like that (granted, I didn't have a ton of claims). Much more cost efficient with either a multi-car or multiple-policy (i.e. homeowner's too) discount though. I did come away feeling as though the quality of your local agent would affect how happy you were with SF overall, as that's actually what caused me to eventually switch elsewhere.

I would agree with all of that. We've never had an auto claim, but we had to make a homeowners claim when a pipe in our kitchen leaked and ruined the floor. State Farm paid the claim with no hassle and our rates did not go up much, if any (I can't remember exactly).
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:19 AM   #7
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I've had Liberty Mutual for car insurance since 1992 so I guess you can say I've been happy with them. Between my wife and myself, I think we've had 4 accidents (only 1 was my wife's fault, the other 3 we were not at fault). Never had a problem with them taking care of the repairs and they did so with very little hassle. When the car was drivable, we just went to their facility for them to look at the car, when my wife crashed and the car was undriveable, they sent someone to the body shop.

At least in Massachusetts (not sure where else), it is a law that insurance has to cover window repair on your car as well. i've had several chips and cracks fixed over the years thanks to trucks kicking up rocks, without any hassle or problem either.

I have multiple car discount, multiple policy discount (I insure both car and house with them), as well as group discounts (being a graduate of certain universities) which pretty much has made my cost pretty comparable with anyone else that I've looked at in the past. I might save a dollar or two switching, but my experience has been good so I never saw a reason to.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #8
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

We have been using All-State for a handful of years now for both car and home and have had no problems. When we were looking to lower our rates a little bit, they worked with us nicely to eliminate some of the unneeded things in our policies. I have never had to file a claim (knock on wood) but I imagine they would be very easy to work with when it comes to that.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #9
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Been using State Farm since I started driving, they now have my homeowners and car policies.

Can't say I've been displeased with them, but I've never really had many claims, either. Only claim I made was in 2001 when I was in the College Park tornado and my windows blew out (they were very helpful then, though). Also can't say I've actually shopped around...really, too lazy to do that without another reason to want to switch. Probably does depend a bit on each local agent.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #10
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Have State Farm, very pleased with service. Not pleased with getting gutted for over 3k a year. So, price aside, I'd go with State Farm .

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:11 AM   #11
Swaggs
Coordinator

We have State Farm for our vehicles and a couple of life insurance policies and Safeco on our house. I've been pleased with both. I would like to consolidate under State Farm, but they just aren't competitive (coverage or cost-wise) for homeowners.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:15 AM   #12
MJ4H
Coordinator

Progressive.

just because of Flo.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:34 AM   #13
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post

Now that's a policy I could get behind.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:43 AM   #14
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Been using State Farm since I started driving, they now have my homeowners and car policies.

Ditto. Both are very reasonably priced, IMO. I haven't filed any claims with either one.
Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:15 PM   #15
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I've had Liberty Mutual for car insurance since 1992 so I guess you can say I've been happy with them. Between my wife and myself, I think we've had 4 accidents (only 1 was my wife's fault, the other 3 we were not at fault). Never had a problem with them taking care of the repairs and they did so with very little hassle. When the car was drivable, we just went to their facility for them to look at the car, when my wife crashed and the car was undriveable, they sent someone to the body shop.

+1

They've always been good to me. Also have my life insurance and home insurance through them as well. Had them since about 94 or 95.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:34 PM   #16
Tasan
College Starter

I'm currently using Progressive for both home owners and car. They were considerably cheaper than my last insurer, Allstate. However, Allstate had amazing customer service during my accident I had two years ago. Even after I had switched, they never flinched in their service in finishing all the stuff with the accident. Also, when canceling for the switch, I was never hassled about changing or harassed about staying with them.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:17 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've had Progressive for 5 or 6 years and have been very happy with them. The only major accident I've had they handled very well with their concierge service. Overall, I'm very pleased with them.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote