Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-21-2010, 08:45 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

official "Summer of Le Bon" thread

Sounds like Simon is in for a big summer.

hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duran_duran#2009.E2.80.93present:_13th_album_in_progress

2009–present: 13th album in progress

In the beginning of February 2009, Duran Duran started working on their 13th album. Band members have said that the next album will be a return to their roots. Guitarist Dom Brown has been said to have a bigger role in the creation of the album. In March 2009, Roger Taylor said on the band's website that they had "20 really great ideas" for songs and would be working with producer Mark Ronson.[49] Ronson invited Kaiser Chiefs drummer, Nick Hodgson, to join and co-write some music. Later on the same month, Simon Le Bon announced through their official blog that the band is "now free from Sony Music", perhaps indicating that Duran Duran are without a record label once more.[50] In April 2009, Mark Ronson commented that the new music will have the "energy" and "vibe" of the band's early work and that "as a Duran fan I'd be excited to hear it".[51] John Taylor said in an April blog on the band's website that "Mark seems intent on delivering the DD album the fans have wanted for years. One that has the drive and freshness of the first few albums, that is quintessentially hip, without sacrificing any of the hard-earned personality and character of the musicians, something which sadly was lost when Timbaland and Timberlake were in the house. So Mark has me playing, and Roger playing, and Nick playing, hotter and harder than we have in years".[52] In a phone interview in April 2009, Roger Taylor said he was hopeful new material would be played at select summer shows and that a new single or EP would be released in Summer 2009 and a full album in Q1 2010 (this never happened in the end though).[53] The band headlined the Lovebox Festival in London in the middle of July, 2009 and also played select shows throughout the US.

In January 2010, Nick Rhodes revealed on his Duranduran.com blog that "the band (have) returned to their London studio to review the tracks we recorded last year for the new album. We are due to commence work with Mark Ronson again during the first week of February. The backing tracks are mostly complete on fourteen different songs, I still have a little recording to do, but we plan to concentrate on Simon’s vocals through this next period".[54]

In January 2010, it was also revealed that the band would be contributing a newly recorded cover of "Boys Keep Swinging" to a tribute/charity record to David Bowie with Carla Bruni, Devendra Banhart, Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros and several others, due to be released in mid-2010 on Manimal Vinyl Records.

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

you are a douchebag
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I renew my motion that we start a "Parody Thread" where all of these types of things can be posted.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
DanGarion
Coordinator

Get your panties out of a bunch.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:57 AM   #5
Kodos
Resident Alien

This is going to haunt me at tribal council. I just know it.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
JediKooter
Coordinator

Has Simon learned how to swim yet?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:10 PM   #7
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
you are a douchebag

Probably a bad time to post my "Successful bleach businesses" thread...
Old 05-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #8
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Probably a bad time to post my "Successful bleach businesses" thread...

Ass bleaching?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote