Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #1
maximus
Banned

Sportsims football going live?

I have been in contact with the marketing communications person who works for "Sportssims". ( http://sportsims.net/) She told me that the football verion of sportsims is going live by the end of the month (Jan. 2005).

Here are some features;

*Live, real-time online player draft
*Training camp
*game plan set-up
*injuires
*a full 16 week season
*playoffs
*retirements
*more info when the game is closer to release

Demo version info;

Quote:
There is a "SportSims Scrimmage" you can try (once we're live) that essentially will allow you to play the first nine days of the football season for free so you can see how the game is.

This game will be an "online game" only. IMO there are some drawbacks. For instance the cost invloved with running a league. Although I do not know what that cost is, I am sure it isn't cheap.

maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 07:43 PM   #2
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

With the exception of the live real-time draft (which would be hard to set up with 31 people you know), what does this thing have over playing in a FOF multiplayer league? I've never even played FOF multiplayer (and I honestly haven't played FOF much at all in the past two or three years), but everyone seems to enjoy it. So why this? I'm not knocking it. Just curious.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:57 PM   #3
aran
High School Varsity

when you list the "retirements", "injuries", "playoffs", and "a full 16 game season" as your sole features, either you need some serious marketting help or your product is crap.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:34 PM   #4
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran
when you list the "retirements", "injuries", "playoffs", and "a full 16 game season" as your sole features, either you need some serious marketting help or your product is crap.

It's not my product. If you have issues with their product or means of marketing it, you should email them.

Anyways, this is what was emailed to me after talking with their marketing person. She told me there was more but could not go into detail for obvious reasons. I have zero ties with this company.

Last edited by maximus : 01-07-2005 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:40 PM   #5
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
With the exception of the live real-time draft (which would be hard to set up with 31 people you know), what does this thing have over playing in a FOF multiplayer league? I've never even played FOF multiplayer (and I honestly haven't played FOF much at all in the past two or three years), but everyone seems to enjoy it. So why this? I'm not knocking it. Just curious.

I've never played this game yet. I was told of some of the features via an email. This game may not have any advantages over FOF multiplayer at all. The point Cara was trying to get across to me was that this sim will be built with multiplayer in mind.There will be on-field animation (simple animation) and some other features she asked me not to disclose. So if you are a solo league guy, like myself, then this game wil not be for you.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #6
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

So I've seen this being pimped on twitter by jamie dukes, anyone play it? Looks like it went live about 5 years ago based on this thread...
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #7
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Moved to GD from archive by request.