Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2018, 02:30 PM   #101
Dreghorn2
n00b

Tremendous thread.

I too went back to school in my mid 30s, similar backstory to many of you, but what i would like to mention is that my uncle went back at the age of 70.

He was a flight instructor for years (including WW2), and after retirement he decided to get a history degree, i shared a class with him.

He graduated in 4 years, a very cool man.
Dreghorn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:29 PM   #102
jct32
Mascot

I started my first semester this year. I did 8 years in the military.

I can understand some of the frustration about being the only one who talks in class. In my Calculus class, we have a "quiz" class where we go over homework and take exams/quizzes. Every Tuesday, the day homework is due at the end of the night, I'm always the only person who is done with homework.

Maybe it's like you guys mentioned about choosing to be here. I didn't work my butt off for 8 years to slack in college. All that effort will not go unwasted.

By the way, I am an Electrical Engineering major (26 years old). Taking Calculus I, Calculus Quiz, Chemistry I, Chemistry Lab, Exposition and Argument (writing class), Digital Systems Principles, Digital Systems Lab.

I'm loving it so far.
jct32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 09:37 PM   #103
Edward64
Head Coach

Thinking back in my college days, I'm sure you have much more maturity and discipline (after 8 years) than I had back then.

Congrats and keep up the good work.

Last edited by Edward64 : 01-23-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:32 AM   #104
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32 View Post

I can understand some of the frustration about being the only one who talks in class. In my Calculus class, we have a "quiz" class where we go over homework and take exams/quizzes. Every Tuesday, the day homework is due at the end of the night, I'm always the only person who is done with homework.

That's one of the things that stuck out for me, too. Nobody else seemed to take it seriously and actually learn. Around my 2nd year, I found that I spent at least as much time teaching the material to the other kids as I spent doing my own homework.

It turned into a daily 6:00 AM "study with the old guy" session. Kind of funny now, looking back.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #105
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenCrest Games View Post
That's one of the things that stuck out for me, too. Nobody else seemed to take it seriously and actually learn. Around my 2nd year, I found that I spent at least as much time teaching the material to the other kids as I spent doing my own homework.

It turned into a daily 6:00 AM "study with the old guy" session. Kind of funny now, looking back.

That happened when I took Stats at 34 years old...the kids were constantly coming up to me and asking how I got the right answers on the homework, and I would teach them what to do.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 04:59 PM   #106
tarcone
Coordinator

I started 9 hours of online courses this past weekend.
Oh boy.
Amazing at how things have changed. I havent taken a class in 20 years. But need some salary movement, so here I am.

So much new stuff out there. I was worried about my procrastination problem and taking online courses. But I have overcome. Got a third of the first class done Sunday. On my way.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:01 PM   #107
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Just got done with my latest semester (I earned As, woohoo!). My GI Bill ran out so I'll have to shell out some of my limited dough to finish my Masters degree. I only have two classes left. One will probably be a class in statistical analysis and the other my capstone.

Wish me luck! Also will somebody please hire me?
Old 07-11-2018, 08:13 PM   #108
Thomkal
Head Coach

That's great NH! Congrats!