Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2005, 08:40 PM   #1
-Mojo Jojo-
High School Varsity

For the politically inclined: Ron Suskind

Some of you may be familiar with Ron Suskind. He authored a book called "The Price of Loyalty" along with former Bush treasury secretary Paul O'Neill. It was really the first shot over the bow at the Bush adminstration and was followed by a torrent of critical books by other folks. He also wrote a number of very highly publicized and politicized news articles on the administration; one on White House media director Karen Hughes, another on John DiIulio, the director of Bush's faith-based works program, and a final one, just weeks before the '04 election on Bush's faith-based presidency.

Anyway, Suskind came here to Charlottesville yesterday and gave a speech at UVA's Miller Center which I attended. He was fantastic. They just don't make orators like him any more. The Miller Center has posted a Real video of the event:

http://millercenter.virginia.edu/pro...am/suskind.ram

It is an hour long, I don't know if any of you will actually watch it. I hope that you will. You will be entertained, you will pick up some insider juice on this administration, and I think you'll likely come away with some useful insights. He is critical of the Bush administration, but he is not a guy who is venal and partisan.

-Mojo Jojo- is offline   Reply With Quote