Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-01-2008, 02:57 AM   #1
-apoc-
H.S. Freshman Team

LCD Monitor problem(s)

I have 2 LCDs right next to each other and both are Dell Ultrasharp 2001 FP One is about 4 years old the other about 3 and I honestly dont know which is which. Monitor 1 is suddenly having pixels appear to be flickering or almost dancing, especially in areas of a lightish blue where the color is slowly changing from one shade to another (The standard crystal background of WinXP just down and left of center and up and left of center). If I change the desktop to a solid color or run some of the dead pixel programs you dont see it but as soon as I change my background back it is there again. It also shows up in other places if I try different backgrounds. I have also switched the inputs and that makes no difference. One is on DVI the other is on whaterever the old blue plugs are called. Any idea on what to do here or just find some background that doesnt seem to cause it and get ready to buy a new one.

The other smaller problem is on the other monitor. In the top corners there is what looks like a yellow bleeds not very big but still annoying. Once again dead pixel programs dont fix it and in fact it shows a yellow tint to all the colors that pop up which makes me think it is actually something leaking into in between the crystals and the protective screens since it looks like it is in between them. Once again screwed since I believe both monitors are well past warrenty?

-apoc- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:35 AM   #2
Calis
College Starter

My guess is if it's a monitor problem you're pretty much screwed. Not a whole lot you can do with them other than get a new one.

Could it be your graphics card? It's hard to tell without seeing, but I ran into an issue similar a while back where I thought I was getting some bad pixels on my screen and after switching out my graphics card the problem went away. The yellowing on the other monitor is probably not from that, but I'm no expert.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
-apoc-
H.S. Freshman Team

Well got an update the yellow stuff in the corner is actually tape that holds the lcd panel to the backlight that has slipped in between it. Pretty shoddy for a pricey monitor but whatever. The flickering ended up turning into a whole strip about 2 inches wide where all the green pixels stopped working so it is a red strip now. Lucky for me it has a 3 year warranty and that is good till June so I get a new one for free. It crashed just in the nick of time.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Glad you had warranty left!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote