Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-19-2010, 08:22 AM   #201
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbgunn View Post
Congratulations on the promotion!

Thanks! After the Vase final, I will post all the stats for the season and my thoughts on the future.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #202
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Hartley Wintney (FA Vase Final)

Diss pay the penalty
Hartley Wintney 1 - 1 Diss Town (FA Vase Final)
Hartley Wintney won 4-2 on penalties

In a match involving two very evenly matched team, Hartley Wintney recorded a somewhat fortuitous win over Diss Town at Wembley this afternoon.

An error from David Roberts allowed young winger Jim Smith to score a placed shot. Diss' equalizer came through Paul Hall as he seized on Ian Edwards' mistake to score a real poachers effort. In the shootout that followed, it was left to centre-back Jordan Mumford to keep a cool head and smash home the winning penalty for Hartley Wintney.

Attendance: 1883

An amazing back and forth match where we had the bulk of the chances over Hartley but were a little rusty. I can't be mad at the guys for losing this game. We made it this far in the Vase where we were pegged to only go to the 3rd round.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #203
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Offseason News (updated until the season starts)

Alright, we roll into our down time. Well, it's the down time for the players but not me.

I book our away friendlies to foreign countries. Not only do I see it as a reward for our players but we get a nice payday out of them as well.

One thing I am going to do this season is keep basically some depth over in the reserves and have that help with the cup runs.

Board Requests
Relay Field (Complete)
Improve Training Facilities (Denied, Money)
Improve Youth Facilities (Denied, Money)
Find Parent Club (Complete: Deal Signed)
Stadium Expansion (Denied, City says lack of space)

Friendlies
Finance & Revenue (Myanmar)
Puaikura (Cook Islands)
Vientiane (Laos)
AS Magenta (New Caledonia)
Taipei PEC (Chinese Taipei)
Monte Carlo (Macau China PR)
KA 1 (Macau China PR)
Gresley (Domestic)
Heybridge (Domestic)
Enfield (Domestic)

The China trips pay anywhere from 18K to 22K per match, so it is a must have for us and I don't think the guys will complain to much.

New Players & Staff
Scout Ian Furlong
Scout Amara Simba
Scout Grant Phillips
DC Phil Day
AM RLC Adam Jackson
AM RC, F C Tim Davies
GK Leigh Brown
Coach Paul Furlong
Scout David Roberts
GK Coach Nick Falco
Midfielder Luke Dean
Coach Tom Gosling
Coach Adam Perry
Physio Peter Dugmore
D RC Ashley Lyth
ST Trevor Benjamin (Jamaica)
DM MC Ben Laslett
MC James Owen (Wales)
ST Jack Defty

I need to bring the amount of Scouts up to 4, maximize it for our next role. Amara brings us the French scout we need since the Board will let us scout in France.

It is more than likely Gary Lewin will be leaving as our Physio unless the Board loosens the purse strings. Why? Well, Gary is one of the team Physio's for the England Team and is now demanding some coin.

Jackson, Davies and Brown were all youth squad promotions that have proven they have the talent and the ability to play up. Jackson and Brown are both 18 so they are stuck up with the seniors. Tim can move back down to the Youth if he needs to as he is only 15.

The goalkeeping coach was needed big time and Luke Dean comes in to make the squad stronger in the middle.

We now have 7 coaches on staff to help with the training, I think this will do well.

Exiting Players & Staff
DC Jason Houghton
Scout David Davies
GK Ross Cobb
ST Alex Ridley
M R Tommy Jones
ST Paul Furlong (Retired)
MC David Roberts (Retired)
DC Matty Hemsley
Scout Chris Waters
Physio Gary Lewin
M RLC Alex Brock

As we started building the team Jason became the odd man out here. David was just beat in his skills and talent by our Chris Waters.

Ross just lost the spirit and was beat out in talent by our future GK Brown.

Paul Furlong retired and I promptly turned around and offered him a coaching role for the team which he accepted. David Roberts retired as well and we talked him into taking a scout role.

What a dumb move on my part, I thought I offered both Jones and Ridley their professional contract and I did not...I was hoping to have them both for depth.

Matty wanted the transfer and I had to give it to him. He had to much talent to rot on our bench and he had been a player for us from the get go.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 03-21-2010 at 11:03 PM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #204
MacroGuru
Coordinator

We were promoted in Isthmian D1N where I feel we have a decent chance of finishing in the top half.

With the board, their minimum expectation is we achieve a respectable league position within the league and I let them know that we can finish in the top. With that, they have given us a transfer budget of $9,000 and a payroll budget of $4,200/weekly.

Right now we are only spending $2,100 a week on salaries but I expect that to go up here as I have 8 players with contracts expiring plus Gary Lewin and Chris Waters on the staff side.

I honestly do not think I will be able to sign Gary or Chris and will be prepared to offer to others asap.

Gary and Chris turned us down and I asked them to step down 3 days early so I can bring in their replacements. They both agreed to it and wished us the best and us to them.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 03-19-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #205
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I am sitting on the team flight to China for our first international friendly against KA and Nick walks over to my seat and sits down. Nice of him to come out of first class and sit with me.

"Listen Dennis, the board wants to make you an offer. Having one of the big boys offer you has them spooked they want to secure you for a bit longer. They are willing to offer you $325 a week to extend the contract."

"$325,come on Nick, that's an insult. Give me at least $600?"

"I can't do $600 Dennis, they told me know chance in hell they were going to budge from the $325."

"Well Nick, no chance in hell I am going to sign on for $325 right now, I am to hot of a commodity and I will prove it to the board, and you call tell them that. You know I stuck around because of you. But they didn't even double my old salary."

"I know, I know. Well, how do you want me to word your response to the club?"

"I don't care Nick, just tell them 2 straight promotions, 2 straight Norfolk cups, FA Vase final and winning with some god awful talent should deserve at least $500 a week."

"Will do."

He rises, heading back to first class turning to look back at me with a look of, regret.

That about sums it up there...I have rejected their offers for only $325, I have loyalty here. But reward someone for their work!

My current deal ends when the season is over. Let's hope they pull their head out of their ass.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 03-20-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:12 AM   #206
Tellistto
College Prospect

Nice job, coach. Board either ponies up or finds a new manager!

Tell
Tellistto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:54 PM   #207
MacroGuru
Coordinator

For those following along...as I sim out the friendlies and move on to the regular season what information would you like to see on a match, weekly, monthly or whatever basis?

I went back and started reading through some of the prior matches when I first started and I am debating on going back to that form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellistto View Post
Nice job, coach. Board either ponies up or finds a new manager!

Tell

Yeah...I was thinking stick through it all, but when they don't even double the salary after what I have brought this team...It might be time to look elsewhere.

Also, I just found a nice pic of Brewers Green Lane....this place will be packed and crazy this next season...

Last edited by MacroGuru : 03-20-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:57 AM   #208
MacroGuru
Coordinator

07/09/2011

4 friendlies into the new season and we have received 2 somewhat major injuries.

Midfielder Daniel Smith who has been on the reserves has a twisted ankle and will be out for 4 weeks.

Oliver Wheatley-Jones, our best all around midfielder suffered a torn groin and will be out for up to 2 months. This one is critical now, but if a few of our offers are accepted on a couple of top flight midfielders we should be ok...but right now, this hurts.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:33 PM   #209
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Parent Club Deal Inked

Brentford announces link with Diss

Greg Dyke and Diss chairman Nick Faber are pleased to announce a new link between Brentford and Diss Town. Under the terms of the agreement the following will apply with immediate effect:

Brentford will be able to send players on loan to Diss Town. During the loan spell the players salary will be paid in full by Brentford. Diss have no obligations to play the player and he may be recalled by Brentford at any time.

Diss will host an annual friendly between the two clubs with all gate receipts to be kept by Diss. Brentford will be under no obligation to field a full strength team.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I look at this as a win situation for us. We get a parent club in the Coca-Cola League 2 that may have talent they want to improve without having to take time away from others. It brings them into our squad.

The gate receipts are just gravy on this deal right now.

I had the choice to recommend Brentford or Rushden & Diamonds and I went with the higher level club with the most money to spend.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:56 PM   #210
MacroGuru
Coordinator

National Team Job Openings

Right now I am definitely debating...

Argentina
Boliva
Brazil

are all now vacant of their head coaching positions.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 03-21-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #211
MacroGuru
Coordinator

8/03/2011 - Friendly Results and other news

Diss Under 18 2-0 Win
Ka 1 1-3 Loss
Finance & Revenue 1-1 Draw
Enfield 1-1 Draw
Puaikura 1-3 Loss
Gresley 1-1 Draw
Vientiane 1-2 Loss
Heybridge 0 - 2 Loss
AS Magenta 5-3 Win
Taipei PEC 1-0 Win
Enfield Town 0-1 Loss
Monte Carlo 2-0 Win

4 Wins 5 Losses 3 Draws

I am not going to complain as we had to mesh as a team and bring in some quality players.

I think this level of play will be a bit much for my younger guys so I set some of them up as available for loan, so far the only players that have been picked up are Scott Poole and Adam Jackson.

Josh Clover took an injury in training recently and he will be out for 8 weeks.

Our first league match is on the 20th against Concord Rangers at Brewers Green Lane.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 03-25-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #212
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Your 2011 Diss Town Tangerines

Quote:
Pkd Name Position Nat Height Weight Age Value
GK Matt Bowles GK ENG 6'2" 198 lbs 21 -
DC Ashley Lyth D RC, WB R ENG 5'11" 156 lbs 28 $3K
DC Paul Hall D C ENG 6'6" 196 lbs 17 $35K
DC Terry Stewart D C ENG 5'9" 165 lbs 22 -
MR Sam Jones AM RL ENG 6'0" 154 lbs 24 -
ML Lee Smyth AM L ENG 5'7" 160 lbs 21 -
MC Ben Laslett DM, M C ENG 6'1" 182 lbs 28 $2K
MC James Owen M C WAL 5'8" 158 lbs 20 $22K
ST Jack Defty ST ENG 5'11" 180 lbs 29 $1K
ST Luke Dean AM/F C ENG 5'10" 154 lbs 20 $40K
ST Trevor Benjamin ST JAM 6'2" 185 lbs 32 $1K
S1 Leigh Brown GK WAL 6'1" 185 lbs 17 -
S2 Steven Adams D L ENG 5'9" 160 lbs 18 $4K
S3 Aaron Allanson D C, DM, M C ENG 5'7" 156 lbs 23 -
S4 Onome Ogaga ST ENG 5'9" 154 lbs 17 $5K
S5 Steve Norman D/WB L ENG 5'10" 169 lbs 32 -
- Callum Kearns M C ENG 5'11" 163 lbs 22 -
- Clive Moyo Modise AM R, ST RSA 6'0" 154 lbs 24 -
- Anthony Robinson ST BRB 6'2" 191 lbs 31 -
- Liam Cattermole D/M L ENG 5'10" 167 lbs 24 -
- Oliver Wheatley-Jones M C ENG 5'10" 167 lbs 23 -
- Liam Teraud D C ENG 5'11" 165 lbs 23 -
- Paddy Mumbley AM RC ENG 5'9" 169 lbs 23 -
- Raiff Gwinnett D R ENG 5'11" 149 lbs 20 $8K
- Steven Horsey AM R, ST ENG 5'10" 136 lbs 23 -
- Gavin Cameron M L ENG 5'11" 154 lbs 20 $1K
- Kieran Drummond D LC ENG 5'9" 167 lbs 30 -
- Steve Higgs ST ENG 6'0" 176 lbs 18 $1K
- Andy Timms DM, M C ENG 5'11" 167 lbs 17 $1K
- Justin Parker AM LC ENG 6'2" 178 lbs 16 $2.5K

We have released our 2011 Diss Town Tangerines. We have some depth and I will be shifting players around between the Reserves and Youth Squad...I may even ship some of the players out.

We will see, but right now this is where we are with the first match team already selected.

We are sticking with our primary formation of a 3-4-3, Deep Line, Wide Field and Slow Tempo. We can move to a 4-4-2 and do well that way as well.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 03-25-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #213
Tellistto
College Prospect

Looking forward to the new season!
Old 03-31-2010, 09:31 PM   #214
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Concord Rangers (Home, ID1N)

Here we are, first game of the season...the excitement is upon us as we have managed to bring in some talent but on top of that our home grown talent is getting a lot better.

We are pegged as favorites to beat Concord, especially at home.

Quote:
Superior finishing provides cutting edge for Diss
Diss Town 3 - 0 Concord Rangers (Isthmian D1N)

Concord Rangers succumbed to a 3-0 loss in this afternoons English Isthmian League First Division North clash at Brewers Green Lane. Two goals from Onome Ogaga helped Diss to victory.

The first incident of note was on 33 minutes as Diss were denied claims by Luke Dean for a penalty. Diss finally took the lead when young striker Onome Ogaga scored a well executed finish in the 67th minute.

Striker Jack Defty doubled Diss' lead with a close range header in the 81st minute. There were no prizes for guessing who completed the rout in the 86th minute as that man Ogaga popped up again with a placed shot from close range.

Attendance: 270

Not a bad way to start the season, Ogaga was worrying me towards the end of last season that he was a bad transfer grab, but he has proved over the preseason and now here he wasn't.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Concord Rangers
15 Shots 12
8 On Target 1
3 Off Target 8
4 Blocked Shots 3
0 Woodwork 0
3 Clear Cut Chances 2
4 Long Shots 6
50% Possession 50%
11 Corners 3
4 Free Kicks 13
14 Throw Ins 15
11 Fouls 4
2 Offsides 0
67% Passes Completed 67%
21% Crosses Completed 28%
83% Tackles Won 60%
75% Headers Won 52%
0 Yellow Cards 0
0 Red Cards 0
122.9 Kilometers Run 121.1
7.11 Average Rating 6.40

As you can see we handled our shots quite well towards their goal. Their keeper did well to turn five of the eight shots that went on target.

We are going to continue with the same setup for our next match against Ware. It is a league match at home in 4 days.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:00 PM   #215
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Ware (Home, ID1N)

As we approach the game against Ware, we are informed that we draw Downham in the second round of the Norfolk County FA Senior Cup.

Back onto the game, most of the players are rested and we keep the flow going.

Quote:
Ware hold out for draw
Diss Town 2-2 Ware (Isthmian D1N)

After a 2-2 draw at Brewers Green Lane against Diss Town, a key member claimed that his team were fortunate to escape from this league match with a draw.

Experienced striker Trevor Benjamin gave Diss the lead with an effort which was deflected on it's way in during the 13th minute. With Ware staring at defeat, there was controversy as striker Kalim Ali then had a penalty shot turned down. Ware's equalizer came through Paul Kennett as he seized on Ben Laslett's mistake to score a well time close range finish. An error from Ben Laslett allowed journeyman striker Lyseden Christie to score a well timed close range finish.

Diss captain Aaron Allanson equalized for Diss in the 63rd minute with a real poacher's effort.

Attendance: 256

Yeah, they were fortunate that Ben Laslett was on the pitch. The bugger ended up with a 3.3 rating! How the hell do you do that? He played worse than a youth player coming up for the first time...I even think my dear old mum could play better than that in her ill-stricken state.

Quote:
Diss
Statistic
Ware
13 Shots 10
5 On Target 4
6 Off Target 3
2 Blocked Shots 3
0 Woodwork 0
0 Clear Cut Chances 2
3 Long Shots 4
53% Possession 47%
5 Corners 3
16 Free Kicks 9
22 Throw Ins 15
8 Fouls 15
1 Offsides 1
70% Passes Completed 65%
36% Crosses Completed 14%
75% Tackles Won 80%
66% Headers Won 50%
0 Yellow Cards 0
0 Red Cards 0
126.5 Kilometers Run 123.9
6.61 Average Rating 6.48

As you can see, we actually dominated the match and should have pulled out the win. However, I will take the point.

We have the first of many cup games coming up, Hengrove is a FA Cup 2nd Qualification Round at Brewers Green Lane and we only get three days of rest on the this. We will shift starters around because it will be needed, an early bow out and I get handed a note saying the board is unhappy.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:32 PM   #216
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Hengrove (Home, FA Cup)

Alright, this match concerns me and I am going to start Ben in the MF, and he is told right from the start he must perform and I am not happy with how he played last week and he has to perform.

Quote:
Clinical finishing the difference at Brewers Green Lane
Diss Town 2 - 0 Hengrove Athletic (FA Cup 2nd Qual. Rnd)

Diss Town overcame resilient Hengrove Athletic in the English FA Cup Second Qualifying Round game at Brewers Green Lane this afternoon.

Young midfielder Luke Dean gave Diss the lead with a real poacher's effort in the 20th minute. Experienced striker Trevor Benjamin finally rounded off their victory in the 90th minute with an effort from the edge of the area.

Attendance: 389

Well Ben shocks us as he plays out of his mind and wins the Man of the Match with an 8.3 rating. He set up both goals with great crosses. Bowles is amazing between the wood.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Hengrove
9 Shots 8
6 On Target 3
3 Off Target 3
0 Blocked Shots 2
0 Woodwork 0
1 Clear Cut Chances 1
5 Long Shots 3
49% Possession 51%
2 Corners 2
12 Free Kicks 17
15 Throw Ins 20
15 Fouls 12
2 Offsides 0
67% Passes Completed 65%
0% Crosses Completed 30%
69% Tackles Won 80%
62% Headers Won 66%
1 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
128.1 Kilometers Run 130.1
6.99 Average Rating 6.59

Hengrove gave us a fit and honestly they were the more aggressive squad against the combo of backups and starters. One thing I am noticing is our shots on goal are on target, just not hard enough for rebounds or we are not getting to the rebounds.

We have another league match coming up in four days. This season I am going to use my backup keeper every 3 or 4 games so he stays match fit as well and grows in his talent, so Leigh Brown will get the start again Brentwood at their place.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:57 AM   #217
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Brentwood (Away, ID1N)

Oliver Wheatley-Jones has resumed training and we will probably use him for the next match as a sub and gradually bring him back. We are dead even match-ups for Brentwood so it's a pick it type game.

Quote:
Diss lucky to draw
Brentwood Town 1-1 Diss Town (Isthmian D1N)

Following their 1-1 draw with Brentwood Town at Brentwood Centre, an ex-Diss player claimed that his former team must improve if they are to succeed this season.

Striker Jack Defty got Diss off to a flying start by scoring a well timed close range finish in the 5th minute. Centre-back Darren Blewitt equalized for Brentwood in the 34th minute with a freekick from the edge of the area.

Attendance: 178

Great play by Leigh Brown in at keeper for the match, I didn't expect as solid as a showing and had Bowles in as a sub. Bowles has been a great teacher and mentor for him.

Quote:
Brentwood Statistic Diss
17 Shots 5
3 On Target 1
13 Off Target 4
1 Blocked Shots 0
2 Woodwork 0
1 Clear Cut Chances 2
8 Long Shots 1
55% Possession 45%
7 Corners 4
13 Free Kicks 9
21 Throw Ins 10
8 Fouls 13
1 Offsides 0
67% Passes Completed 57%
20% Crosses Completed 30%
73% Tackles Won 72%
49% Headers Won 62%
0 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
118.2 Kilometers Run 115.8
6.63 Average Rating 6.54

Brentwood dominated us this match. Several of the players came into it cocky and not really here. Their passes were lackadaisical and constantly intercepted and our ex-player is right, if we don't clean up our act we are screwed this season.

We play in 4 days against Downham at their place in the 2nd round of the Norfolk Senior Cup.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 04-03-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #218
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Downham (Away, Norfolk Senior Cup)

We have played Downham twice in the past with 1 draw and 1 loss. This is not a good match-up for us and I am not to happy with it.

Quote:
Diss struggle to draw
Downham Town 2-2 Diss Town (Norfolk Senior Cup 2nd Rnd)

Diss Town came close to suffering an unexpected defeat at the hand of Downham Town at Memorial Field.

Striker Tommy King gave Downham the lead with a well timed close range finish in the 11th minute. Striker Jack Defty then equalized for Diss in the 17th minute with a fine header from pointblank range.

Defty put the away team in front after 43 minutes with an effort from the edge of the area. Player Craig Fleming equalized for Downham in the 54th minute with a close range effort.

Attendance: 140

Defty played awesome for us and another sub-par performance from our midfield. I am thinking of making some moves here soon.

Quote:
Downham Statistic Diss
16 Shots 12
5 On Target 3
10 Off Target 5
1 Blocked Shots 4
0 Woodwork 1
3 Clear Cut Chances 1
6 Long Shots 6
54% Possession 46%
4 Corners 3
10 Free Kicks 6
12 Throw Ins 20
5 Fouls 7
1 Offsides 3
68% Passes Completed 68%
22% Crosses Completed 12%
72% Tackles Won 66%
52% Headers Won 69%
0 Yellow Cards 0
0 Red Cards 0
126.6 Kilometers Run 123.8
6.73 Average Rating 6.65

With home field advantage they outplayed us and it showed. We dominated in the air but we couldn't complete squat as far as crosses go and Downham shut us down.

We will be playing Downham at Brewers Green Lane in 3 days to determine who moves on.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #219
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Downham (Home, Norfolk Senior Cup)

We come into this match wore out and tired but we are deep. The problem here is no one on this team starting to mesh well...especially in the depth area.

I think it's going to hurt us.

Quote:
Penalty thriller for Diss in Norfolk Senior Cup 2nd Round match
Diss Town 0-0 Downham Town
Diss won 4-1 on penalties

Diss Town produced a solid performance at Brewers Green Lane this afternoon but they were pushed all the way by gutsy Downham Town.

The first incident of note was on 105 minutes as Downham were denied claims by Mark Gilfillan for a penalty. In the shootout that followed it was left to young goalkeeper Matt Bowles to keep a cool head and smash home the winning penalty.

Diss maintained a high pass completion rate which allowed them to keep possession, and created a greater number of chances at goal.

Attendance: 147

Matt Bowles deserved the MoM as he turned 2 shots away in the shootout and scored the winning shot. It's my reward I like to give my keepers during the match.

This match and set up has me spooked. The fans are not liking Ashley Lyth and Trevor Benjamin as they have been playing poor as of late.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Downham
12 Shots 9
2 On Target 1
6 Off Target 5
4 Blocked Shots 3
1 Woodwork 1
1 Clear Cut Chances 0
5 Long Shots 3
45% Possession 55%
2 Corners 3
13 Free Kicks 13
30 Throw Ins 33
11 Fouls 11
2 Offsides 2
64% Passes Completed 63%
33% Crosses Completed 35%
70% Tackles Won 75%
53% Headers Won 63%
1 Yellow Cards 0
0 Red Cards 0
171.5 Kilometers Run 174.9
6.70 Average Rating 6.95

Downham still outplayed us and we should have lost this match but Bowles kept us in it. Also our passes were probably the best I have seen in a long time.

next up is the FA Cup 3rd Qual Rnd match at home against Gresley. We only have 4 days to prep for it.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #220
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Gresley FC (Home, FA Cup 3rd Qual. Rnd)

Walking into this match I am slightly confused by this squad...we have all the talent right now to handle a lot of different scenarios but they aren't. I tell them before the match to get out there and win it, I know they can.

Quote:
Duss edge narrow Gresley game
Diss Town 1-0 Gresley (FA Cup 3rd Qual. Rnd)

Diss Town won a hard fought battle against Gresley FC on a fine summer's afternoon at Brewers Green Lane.

The match began in controversial circumstances as Gresley were denied claims by Andy Howard for a penalty. Diss finally took the lead when young striker Steve Higgs scored a good diving header from close range in the 68th minute.

Diss were often prevented from playing as they wanted due to the number of fouls committed by their enthusiastic opponents.

Attendance: 359

A hard fought match where we actually deserved the win. Higgs header was an amazing goal and a rocket of a shot that hit the net.

I need that kind of play from our newer, more talented strikers that are not hacking it right now.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Gresley
11 Shots 14
4 On Target 2
6 Off Target 7
1 Blocked Shots 5
0 Woodwork 2
4 Clear Cut Chances 0
1 Long Shots 7
52% Possession 48%
3 Corners 5
16 Free Kicks 14
23 Throw Ins 25
12 Fouls 16
2 Offsides 0
68% Passes Completed 64%
35% Crosses Completed 16%
73% Tackles Won 59%
55% Headers Won 66%
2 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
124.6 Kilometers Run 127.0
6.89 Average Rating 6.33

This is probably one of the better games we played this season. We were solid all around and I feel we should have won by more than 1 goal.

We hit back to league competition in four days with our match against Stanstead at Hargrave Park.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #221
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Stansted (Away, ID1N)

Well, time to give Matt Bowles his time off for the past few matches. We are bringing in the youngster Leigh Brown at keeper.

As for the match, it's being pegged as pick your winner and we are very even with Stanstead.

Quote:
Diss fortunate to beat Stansted
Stansted 0-1 Diss Town (Isthmian D1N)

Diss Town recorded a somewhat fortuitous win over Stansted on a fine summer's evening at Hargrave Park.

Diss finally took the lead when midfielder Ben Laslett scored a powerful effort from the edge of the area in the 55th minute.

Diss were carved open a number of times despite the ability of their opponents to create chances, they struggled to put them away.

Attendance: 177

An ugly win but three points none the less. Brown was amazing in between the wood, and Ben Laslett took away MoM honors. Benjamin and Ogaga probably played their worst match ever and I am not happy with either as they are slacking off.

Quote:
Stansted Statistic Diss
15 Shots 7
5 On Target 1
7 Off Target 5
3 Blocked Shots 1
0 Woodwork 0
0 Clear Cut Chances 0
4 Long Shots 6
55% Possession 45%
6 Corners 7
18 Free Kicks 16
18 Throw Ins 12
11 Fouls 18
5 Offsides 0
71% Passes Completed 58%
20% Crosses Completed 5%
78% Tackles Won 72%
67% Headers Won 50%
1 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
112.8 Kilometers Run 112.6
6.65 Average Rating 6.71

As you can see they worked us over and if it wasn't for our defense and their outstanding play we would have recorded this one as a loss.

Chatham is up next at their place in three days for a league match.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:50 PM   #222
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Chatham (Away, ID1N)

well, not really going to do much here yet...relying on my assistants to let me know if we are screwing things up.

I do bring Elliott Greene in to start at the right side of my DC alignment.

Quote:
Diss hold Chatham to draw
Chatham Town 1 - 1 Diss Town (Isthmian D1N)

Diss Town could count themselves somewhat fortunate to have escaped with a draw against Chatham Town in their match at Maidstone Road Sports Ground.

Benjamin has not trouble scoring from the spot when Cliff gave up a penalty. Striker Billy Bricknell equalized for Chatham in the 26th minute with a real poacher's effort.

Attendance: 116

I was happy to walk away from this match with a draw as we were slight underdogs going into this match. Benjamin was gifted his first goal for Diss with the Penalty shot. Jack Defty played a horrible game for us.

Quote:
Chatham Statistic Diss
11 Shots 6
3 On Target 2
7 Off Target 3
1 Blocked Shots 1
1 Woodwork 0
0 Clear Cut Chances 1
7 Long Shots 2
54% Possession 46%
5 Corners 4
20 Free Kicks 15
15 Throw Ins 19
13 Fouls 13
3 Offsides 7
67% Passes Completed 65%
11% Crosses Completed 16%
61% Tackles Won 90%
53% Headers Won 68%
1 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0
113.5 Kilometers Run 112.7
6.55 Average Rating 6.54

Worked over, I am thinking the 3-4-3 is what is killing us and I may make the shift next match to the 4-4-2 to give us that extra little boost on the defensive side of the ball.

Also, I feel the strikers aren't meshing with three of them on the field at the same time.

We play Harrow in a league match at Brewers Green Lane. Lack of rest will be there because we play them in four days.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 04-05-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #223
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Harrow (Home, ID1N)

Going into this match pegged as underdogs I am sitting with coach Walker discussing what we should do.

"You know Dennis, I think we can hit them with a 4-4-2, it's a formation that their 4-2-4 has been struggling with lately."

I look up from my notepad in our meeting and stare right at him. "You know my philosophy on formations....sell me on the 4-4-2 and we will try it."

"Well listen, the players, especially the strikers are not coming together with three of them out there. We have some diva's on this team and keeping it to minimum will help. Plus match striker to defender against them is a perfect fit for this. Lastly, the 3-4-3 hasn't been working for us properly."

Laughing, I slap the table..."I was thinking the same thing, let's make it happen."

And with that, we shift into this match with the 4-4-2, going very deep, narrow and slow with a twist. Instead of going out with an attacking mentality we are going to focus on the counter-attack.

Quote:
Superior finishing provides cutting edge for Diss
Diss Town 3 - 0 Harrow Borough (Isthmian D1N)

Young midfielder Luke Dean got Diss off to a flying start by scoring a close range header in the 6th minute. With Harrow staring at defeat, there was controversy as young striker Richard Stevens then had a penalty shot turned down.

Striker Jack Defty doubled Diss' lead with a placed shot in the 18th minute. young centre-back Paul Hall had a chance to score from the dot for the Tangerines in the 48th minute but missed the attempt.

Diss' Steve Higgs made them forget the miss however by scoring a real poacher's effort on the 67th minute.

Attendance: 226

Jack woke up as did Luke Dean. Luke took the MoM award with 1 goal and 2 assists. The penalty miss was my fault as I forgot to arrange with Coach Walker the new penalty shot takers.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Harrow
11 Shots 10
4 On Target 4
4 Off Target 4
3 Blocked Shots 2
0 Woodwork 1
3 Clear Cut Chances 2
2 Long Shots 5
51% Possession 49%
3 Corners 6
7 Free Kicks 12
18 Throw Ins 15
9 Fouls 8
3 Offsides 0
67% Passes Completed 61%
23% Crosses Completed 4%
81% Tackles Won 65%
81% Headers Won 41%
0 Yellow Cards 0
0 Red Cards 0
118.4 Kilometers Run 116.8
7.25 Average Rating 5.91

With the edge in possession and a determination to not lose this game it turned into a big win for us. We clicked on all cylinders and it was almost as if the players preferred the 4-4-2 over the 3-4-3.

Our next match is an FA Cup, 4th Qual Round match against Boreham Wood at home. We were pegged to get to this spot in the FA Cup and right now we have matched expectations. A win builds up additional confidence from the board.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:21 PM   #224
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Boreham Wood (Home, FA Cup 4th Qual Rnd)

I don't know if I should approach this match serious or not as we are picked as major underdogs in the match and with scouting Boreham we are not that outmatched.

I take the approach with the team as one for them to enjoy and tell them that if they loosen up, they could win this one tonight.

Quote:
Tangerines made to rue missed chances
Diss Town 1-2 Boreham Wood (FA Cup 4th Qual. Rnd)

After appearing to just have the edge in the hard fought battle, Diss Town's players and fans will be disappointed to have lost 2-1 to a Boreham Wood team they consider to be their equal. Two goals from Paul Fildes helped Boreham Wood to victory.

Striker Paul Fildes got Boreham Wood off to a flying start by scoring a powerful close range freekick in the 5th minute. The striker was able to add to his tally soon after with another strike in the 14th minute.

Young striker Steve Higgs 86th minute strike proved the only consolation for The Tangerines.

Attendance: 645

What a match, we finally got our head around it in the 2nd half. The Fildes goal in the 5th minute was a rocket that shocked everyone including Fildes, he didn't realize it went in.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Boreham Wood
19 Shots 11
4 On Target 5
9 Off Target 3
6 Blocked Shots 3
1 Woodwork 0
1 Clear Cut Chances 1
11 Long Shots 6
55% Possession 45%
6 Corners 6
6 Free Kicks 13
24 Throw Ins 12
12 Fouls 5
1 Offsides 1
71% Passes Completed 60%
27% Crosses Completed 17%
76% Tackles Won 70%
71% Headers Won 51%
0 Yellow Cards 0
0 Red Cards 0
127.6 Kilometers Run 129.2
6.61 Average Rating 6.86

In a game we held the edge in, we just couldn't convert our chances against this team. We matched the board expectations just to get here, but I wanted to go deeper in this cup. I have a deep squad that can handle the rotations and understand where they are at.

Our next match is a league match against Aveley who holds the 1st place spot on the league table and have run off 5 straight wins. We will be traveling to Mill Field for this one in four days.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 04-06-2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:30 PM   #225
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Aveley (Away, ID1N)

Another game where we are picked to be the underdogs but from now on I am assuming we can win every match regardless of how we are viewed. I am going with a 4-4-2 because Walker informs me it's Aveley's weakness, the other thing that is new for us is coming out of the gate counter attacking.

Quote:
Honors even at Mill Field
Aveley 0 - 0 Diss Town (Istmian D1N)

Diss Town were held to a draw by Aveley in a close-fought Isthmian D1N mach played at Mill Field.

Diss were carved open a number of time but despite the ability of their opponents to create chances, they struggled to put them away.

Attendance: 64

For a one versus sixth game it was our traveling 50 that showed up versus their 14, kind of turned it into a home match for us. Our defense and keeper Bowles played great for us as they managed to stop a ton of crosses and passes working into the box.

Quote:
Aveley Statistic Diss
9 Shots 6
2 On Target 1
5 Off Target 4
2 Blocked Shots 1
1 Woodwork 1
0 Clear Cut Chances 0
4 Long Shots 3
45% Possession 55%
4 Corners 3
19 Free Kicks 7
19 Throw Ins 17
6 Fouls 12
1 Offsides 7
64% Passes Completed 70%
13% Crosses Completed 9%
80% Tackles Won 66%
38% Headers Won 74%
1 Yellow Cards 3
0 Red Cards 0
120.4 Kilometers Run 121.8
6.71 Average Rating 6.91

Another match statistically we should have won but we just couldn't convert our chances when it counted. I was happy with getting a point, don't get me wrong.

Our first FA Trophy match is coming up in four days as we travel to Short Lane to take on Ashford (Middx) in the FA Trophy 1st Qual. Rnd match.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #226
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Ashford (Middx) (Away, FA Trophy 1st Qual Rnd)

What a way to start out in October a FA Trophy match against a team in same level, just a different division. We are major underdogs for this match and we hear things such as take it easy, time to go home, don't worry about this one in regards to our play against them. In fact, the presser before the match I was asked about Ashford's ability and talent that is better than ours.

It fires me and the boys up.

Quote:
Honors even at Short Lane
Ashford Town (Middlesex) 1 - 1 Diss Town (FA Trophy 1st Qual. Rnd)

Diss Town were held to a draw by Ashford Town in a close fought match at Short Lane.

Young midfielder James Owen gave Diss the lead with a placed shot in the 29th minute. Ashford 's equalizer came through Lee Tuck as he seized on Paul Hall's mistake to score a screamer from the edge of the area. Then followed controversy as Ashfor we denied claims by young striker Warren Harris for a penalty.

Attendance: 91

The match proved exactly what I have been telling everyone so far. We can hang with anyone, regardless. We should have won this, but because of our prior match some of our starters were tired so I basically played our 2nd team against Ashford.

Quote:
Ashford (Middx) Statistic Diss
7 Shots 5
2 On Target 2
5 Off Target 2
0 Blocked Shots 1
0 Woodwork 0
0 Clear Cut Chances 0
4 Long Shots 2
39% Possession 61%
5 Corners 2
14 Free Kicks 15
17 Throw Ins 22
15 Fouls 12
0 Offsides 2
62% Passes Completed 74%
9% Crosses Completed 16%
67% Tackles Won 76%
63% Headers Won 59%
0 Yellow Cards 0
0 Red Cards 0
120.5 Kilometers Run 121.3
6.53 Average Rating 6.75

Our replay at Brewers Green Lane is in three days.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #227
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Ashford (Middx) (Home, FA Trophy 1st Qual Rnd)

Time for the replay and our manhandling of them still did not change perception other than we have become slight underdogs. How the hell can you call us an underdog against this team when we are at home?

Quote:
Diss beat Ashford (Middx) in thrilling encounter
Diss Town 4 - 3 Ashford Town (Middlesex) (FA Trophy 1st Qual. Rnd)

Both teams served up a game to remember as Diss Town came out on top in this 4-3 goal fest.

One expert commented that this match should be taped and shown to any doubters of the beautiful game. Two goals from Jack Defty helped Diss to victory.

Striker Jack Defty got Diss off to a flying start by scoring a placed shot in the 3rd minute. Then followed controversy as Diss were denied claims by fullback Steve Adams for a penalty.

Young striker Warren Harris then equalized for Ashford in the 41st minute with a placed shot from close range. Midfielder Matthew Travers then put the guests in front after 46 minutes with a placed shot. Diss' equalizer came through Luke Dean as he seized on Paul Johnson's mistake to score a solid diving header.

Defty then added his 2nd goal of the game witha powerful effort in the 54th minute. Striker James Folkes then equalized for Ashford in the 64th minute with a powerful close range header.

Young striker Steve Higgs scored what proved to be the winner for the home team in the 69th minute with an effore from the edge of the area.

Attendance: 169

I don't know if my heart will be able to handle to many back and forth games like this. I loved the fact that we dug deep to overcome some of the obstacles and pull out this win. It was big to me that Steve is hanging in there with everyone else at 18 years of age.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Ashford (Middx)
16 Shots 13
5 On Target 5
7 Off Target 6
4 Blocked Shots 2
1 Woodwork 2
3 Clear Cut Chances 2
4 Long Shots 5
59% Possession 41%
8 Corners 2
12 Free Kicks 10
15 Throw Ins 12
8 Fouls 12
2 Offsides 0
77% Passes Completed 68%
25% Crosses Completed 66%
77% Tackles Won 65%
53% Headers Won 66%
2 Yellow Cards 3
0 Red Cards 0
116.9 Kilometers Run 115.7
7.03 Average Rating 6.40

What an offensive showcase for both teams as some great runs and shots happened all game long. The win helped bolster the spirits.

Rolling on the next match will be our Norfolk Senior Cup 3rd Round match against Swaffham at Brewers Green Lane. We have four whole days to prepare for this one.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #228
Tellistto
College Prospect

Nice win there!
Old 04-18-2010, 08:33 PM   #229
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Nice win there!

Thanks....This Dynasty has to take a slight break....I am taking my laptop into the shop, the damn thing will not boot up, I am hoping it will recover.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:05 PM   #230
Tellistto
College Prospect

Here's to hoping! Would be an absolute shame to see this dynasty end due to computer issues. Tell
Old 04-21-2010, 09:19 PM   #231
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Here's to hoping! Would be an absolute shame to see this dynasty end due to computer issues. Tell

I will find out tomorrow what they can do...If I can save the data on the HD I will move it over to this laptop and move forward with it.

I just hope I can get the laptop fixed, it's my gaming laptop.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #232
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Swaffham Town (Home, Norfolk County Senior Cup)

We have been pegged to win out in the Norfolk County Senior Cup again this year. Swaffham has felt the brunt of us in the cup....in the semi-final and finals of the past 2 seasons. We have are 4-0-1 heading into this match and we do not want to lose it.

Quote:
Clinical finishing the difference at Brewers Green Lane
Diss Town 2 - 0 Swaffham Town (Norfolk Senior Cup 3rd Rnd)

Diss Town overcame resilient Swaffham Town in the Cup game at Brewers Green Lane.

Striker Jack Defty gave Diss the lead with a well timed close range finish in the 26th minute. With Swaffham staring at defeat, there was controversy as young centre-back Richard Williams then had a penalty shot turned down.

Defty completed the scoring for Diss with a close range header in the 90th minute.

Attendance: 185

Defty is turning it on for us. He is definitely doing what we brought him in here to do and that is score. We need the others around him to step up.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Swaffham
9 Shots 14
2 On Target 0
3 Off Target 9
4 Blocked Shots 5
0 Woodwork 0
1 Clear Cut Chances 0
2 Long Shots 6
55% Possession 45%
3 Corners 6
12 Free Kicks 16
20 Throw Ins 14
13 Fouls 9
3 Offsides 3
72% Passes Completed 63%
53% Crosses Completed 16%
70% Tackles Won 77%
71% Headers Won 41%
2 Yellow Cards 3
0 Red Cards 0
117.7 Kilometers Run 119.3
7.05 Average Rating 6.26

We worked them over pretty well. We crossed, got the ball in the air and controlled it pretty well. We need more of our matches to have this kind of statistical advantage.

Our next match is an Isthmian match at home against Great Wakering in 4 days.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:06 PM   #233
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Great Wakering (Home, ID1N)

Time to rotate keepers and Leigh Brown gets in for the start. We rest a few players for this match as we will need them for the cup and I need everyone sharp.

Quote:
Five-star Diss triumph
Diss Town 5 - 1 Great Wakering Rovers (Isthmian D1N)

Great Wakering had more of the game in the latest match, but were still on the wrong end of a 5 - 1 thrashing at the hands of Diss Town. Two goals from Steve Higgs helped Diss to victory.

Things did not get off to a good start for Great Wakering as Diss' Jack Defty scored from the spot after Paul Loader had given away a penalty. Young striker Steve Higgs doubled Diss' lead with a powerful effort in the 12th minute.

Young centre-back Ryan Malone pulled one back for Great Wakering after 23 minutes with a freak goal. An error from Craig Davis allowed Higgs to score a placed shot. Young striker Onome Ogaga then added to the lead with a placed shot in the 77th minute.

There were no prizes for guessing who completed the route in the 87th minute as that man Ogaga popped up again with a placed shot.

Attendance: 244

Holy cow! There we go...Youth stood out and did what we have been hoping all along and that is score. Higgs proved why we have been keeping a hold of him and not shopping him around, he is the face of our team.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Great Wakering
9 Shots 15
5 On Target 2
3 Off Target 7
1 Blocked Shots 6
1 Woodwork 0
5 Clear Cut Chances 2
0 Long Shots 12
51% Possession 49%
6 Corners 3
9 Free Kicks 11
9 Throw Ins 15
6 Fouls 10
5 Offsides 0
72% Passes Completed 67%
25% Crosses Completed 23%
67% Tackles Won 74%
75% Headers Won 43%
0 Yellow Cards 3
0 Red Cards 0
112.5 Kilometers Run 110.3
7.49 Average Rating 5.62

Another dominant match where we controlled everything and we really didn't feel to threatened by Great Wakering. We need to stay strong when we play them at their place, they will have us in their cross hairs.

We will play VT F.C. in 3 days for the 2nd Qual Rnd of the FA Trophy at home.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #234
MacroGuru
Coordinator

VT F.C. (Home, FA Trophy)

We are happy to be in the 2nd Qualification round of the FA Trophy, and want the win badly.

Quote:
Diss fortunate to beat VT F.C.
Diss Town 1 - 0 VT F.C.

Diss Town recorded a somewhat fortuitous win over VT F.C on a fine autumn afternoon at Brewers Green Lane.

Diss finally took the lead when a young striker Onome Ogaga scored a real poacher's effort in the 79th minute.

Diss covered a lot of ground but also gave up far to many fouls, meaning their effort was often for nothing.

Attendance: 209

Ogaga has stepped up his game after being talked to and told he needs to step it up. Our defense has performed quite well for the past few matches and we need them to keep it up.

Quote:
Diss Statistic VT F.C.
10 Shots 20
4 On Target 2
3 Off Target 11
3 Blocked Shots 7
1 Woodwork 1
1 Clear Cut Chances 1
2 Long Shots 10
49% Possession 51%
3 Corners 10
13 Free Kicks 14
11 Throw Ins 18
11 Fouls 12
3 Offsides 1
66% Passes Completed 68%
25% Crosses Completed 11%
86% Tackles Won 63%
78% Headers Won 50%
0 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
129.9 Kilometers Run 127.4
7.07 Average Rating 6.33

We lost in possession this game and the one thing that kept us in it and ahead was our aggressiveness. We need to combine the aggressiveness with our offensive power and we win more games.

Our next match is a Isthmian match against March at Brewers Green Lane in 4 days.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #235
Tellistto
College Prospect

Nice to see it back! Tell
Old 04-24-2010, 09:31 PM   #236
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Nice to see it back! Tell

Thanks Tell! It's good to be back...I was spooked I wouldn't be able to save it. I figured it out and made it happen...Good to know you are hanging in there.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #237
MacroGuru
Coordinator

March (Home, ID1N)

Rolling into this game, we needed the win to keep ourselves up in the upper half of the ladder.

Quote:
Diss in control as Marchingmen are brushed aside
Diss Town 2 - 1 March Town United (Isthmian D1)

Diss Town battled to a deserved 2-1 victory over March Town United on a fine autumn evening at Brewers Green Lane.

Young striker Onome Ogaga got Diss off to a flying start by scoring a real poacher's effort in the 2nd minute. Defty was able to keep his composure to score from the spot after Claydon gave away a penalty. Young winger Ryan Kennedy managed to grab the consolation for March in the 75th Minute with a well executed finish.

Attendance: 242

Uggh...Steve Higgs is injured in the game and will miss about 2 weeks because of it. It was great to watch Bowles sustain the barrage he did right at the end.

Quote:
Diss Statistic March
9 Shots 8
4 On Target 3
2 Off Target 2
3 Blocked Shots 3
0 Woodwork 0
3 Clear Cut Chances 1
5 Long Shots 2
56% Possession 44%
8 Corners 2
12 Free Kicks 15
13 Throw Ins 17
11 Fouls 12
4 Offsides 1
70% Passes Completed 66%
11% Crosses Completed 12%
71% Tackles Won 85%
65% Headers Won 60%
0 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
119.3 Kilometers Run 116.2
6.84 Average Rating 6.29

We managed possession but they were more the aggressor in the match. We need that edge in aggression to take a match over. We were lucky to pull this one out.

We have another league match at home in three days against Romford.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #238
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Romford (Home, ID1N)

Going into this match as favorites, I am not a big fan with the injuries and energy issues the guys are experiencing.

Quote:
Quality of possession provides victory
Diss Town 3 - 0 Romford (Isthmian D1N)

An efficient performance from Diss earn them a 3-0 win over Romford at Brewers Green Lane. Two goals from Clive Moyo Modise helped Diss to victory.

Striker Clive Moyo Modise got Diss off to a flying start by scoring a placed shot after just one minute. Young striker Onome Ogaga doubled Diss' lead with a real poachers effort in the 54th minute.

With Romford staring at defeat, there was controversy as centre-back Jonathan Crompton then had a penalty shot turned down. An error from Leon Hibbert allowed Moyo Modise to score a real poachers effort.

Attendance: 309

We had Lyth come back from injury for this match on the defense, we gave some of the vets a rest by bringing on Clive and Onome and they did not disappoint.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Romford
11 Shots 6
3 On Target 3
5 Off Target 2
3 Blocked Shots 1
0 Woodwork 0
2 Clear Cut Chances 1
5 Long Shots 3
60% Possession 40%
4 Corners 3
9 Free Kicks 9
19 Throw Ins 12
7 Fouls 8
2 Offsides 1
76% Passes Completed 63%
19% Crosses Completed 15%
68% Tackles Won 80%
70% Headers Won 55%
0 Yellow Cards 0
0 Red Cards 0
132.5 Kilometers Run 131.3
7.19 Average Rating 6.01

The had the better aggression while we controlled the tempo. I am not going to complain about the result here.

We are playing a league match at Wivenhoe in 3 days.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #239
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Wivenhoe (Away, ID1N)

Quote:
Diss pile up the wins in record-breaking fashion

Diss' 6 games won in a row between Tuesday October 4th 2011 and Saturday October 22nd 2011 is a new record

We end up getting George Hinds on loan from MK Dons, he is a great MC, DM, DC that will help take some strain off of our guys. We give him the nod as well to start as we have a cup match coming up after this one.

Quote:
Diss lucky to draw
Wivenhoe Town 0 - 0 Diss Town (Isthmian D1N)

Following their 0-0 draw with Wivenhoe Town at Broad Lane Ground, an ex-Diss player claimed that his former team must improve if they are to succeed this season.

Striker Jack Defty's red card for a vicious foul in the 23rd minutes put Diss' position under question. Striker Harry Hunt saw a penalty beat the keeper but hit the post on the 52nd mark.

Diss were often prevented from playing as they wanted to due to the number of fouls committed by their enthusiastic opponents.

Attendance: 95

I am livid at the way this game was called. Yeah, he called some fouls against them, but nothing like the one's he kept calling against us. It felt like home cooking to the highest extent, and I did not spare any punches about my thoughts behind it in the press conference.

Quote:
Wivenhoe Statistic Diss
15 Shots 3
0 On Target 0
8 Off Target 3
7 Blocked Shots 0
3 Woodwork 0
1 Clear Cut Chances 0
11 Long Shots 0
58% Possession 42%
10 Corners 0
11 Free Kicks 9
25 Throw Ins 18
8 Fouls 9
1 Offsides 3
72% Passes Completed 61%
15% Crosses Completed 50%
84% Tackles Won 73%
39% Headers Won 81%
1 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 1
120.4 Kilometers Run 110.0
6.51 Average Rating 6.73

It's hard to say we were out played this match, but they kept us out of rhythm all game long.

I received a reprimand by the governing body for bitching about the red card but I have also appealed the 1 game suspension for Jack, and I doubt it will stand.

Our next match in 3 days is against Cambridge City at the City Ground. It is the FA Trophy 3rd Qual. Rnd match which I am pretty sure we will be underdogs.

An update on the league table...we sit in 2nd right now by 1 point and are behind 1st place Aveley by 5 points. We promised to finish in the top half of the ladder, if we can play for promotion, all that much better.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 05-05-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #240
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Sorry about the delay of playing...I will be updating over the weekend and throughout the week as I travel for work as well...I have been missing this....but being back on my ancient laptop pisses me off. I might get me a new one today.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #241
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Cambridge City (Away, FA Trophy)

Quote:
Lucky Diss celebrate unlikely victory
Cambridge City 0 - 1 Diss Town (FA Trophy 3rd Qual. Rnd)

Lady luck smiled on Diss Town this afternoon as they somehow managed to snatch an unlikely 1-0 victory against Cambridge City.

Cambridge captain Rob Nightingale had a chance to score from the spot for the Lilywhites in the 45th minute but missed the attempt. An error by Charlie Allen allowed attacking full back Ashley Lyth to score an effort which was deflected on it's way in. Lyth's impact delighted fans with his late goal.

Diss were carved open a number of times but despite the ability of their opponents to create chances, they struggled to put them away.

Attendance: 287

Tired and beat up we still manage to win. Our keeper Bowles still has it going on and was able to keep this game safe for us. Our mid and forwards need to sink it when they get the chance.

Quote:
Cambridge C Statistic Diss
20 Shots 6
3 On Target 1
10 Off Target 1
7 Blocked Shots 4
0 Woodwork 0
1 Clear Cut Chances 0
10 Long Shots 5
55% Possession 45%
8 Corners 4
16 Free Kicks 12
22 Throw Ins 16
9 Fouls 11
3 Offsides 6
69% Passes Completed 60%
13% Crosses Completed 0%
87% Tackles Won 78%
64% Headers Won 61%
1 Yellow Cards 4
0 Red Cards 0
119.5 Kilometers Run 117.9
6.45 Average Rating 6.81

We were dominated as far as possession and total control. They even cranked more shots at goal than us, but we took our time and played it methodically...however that won't win them all.

Our next match is at home against Wisbech and it is a league match.
Old 05-29-2010, 11:12 AM   #242
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Wisbech (Home, ID1N)

Quote:
Diss fortunate to beat Wisbech
Diss Town 2 - 1 Wisbech Town (Isthmian D1N)

Diss Town recorded a somewhat fortuitous win over Wisbech Town on a fine autumn evening at Brewers Green Lane.

Young striker Onome Ogaga gave Diss the lead with a real poachers effort in the 17th minute. With Wisbech staring at defeat, there was controversy as young centre-back Gary Donnelly then had a penalty shot turned down.

Midfielder Brett Kinch then equalized for Wisbech in the 44th minute with a real poacher's effort. Young striker Steve Higgs scored what proved to be the game winner for the home team in the 46th minute with a powerful effort.

Attendance: 239

Our young strikers stepped up like they were supposed to and squared a couple of them home.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Wisbech
8 Shots 12
3 On Target 1
4 Off Target 8
1 Blocked Shots 3
2 Woodwork 1
1 Clear Cut Chances 1
4 Long Shots 6
51% Possession 49%
4 Corners 7
10 Free Kicks 14
17 Throw Ins 11
6 Fouls 7
8 Offsides 3
68% Passes Completed 61%
11% Crosses Completed 16%
73% Tackles Won 72%
66% Headers Won 53%
1 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
127.5 Kilometers Run 126.7
6.79 Average Rating 6.52

We took the edge with everything this game but our defense is getting worn down as they are allowing more shots...we are beginning to counter really well, and hope that this keeps us going on a solid run.

Quote:
Diss maintain unbeaten record

Diss Town have extended their unbeaten record in the Isthmian D1N to twelve games following their 2-1 result against Wisbech Town.

Although they were widely predicted at the start of the campaign to just finish in the top half, The Tangerines have not wasted any time in climbing to the top of the table.

Although it is still early in the season, their current winning stream confirms their ambitions to finish as high as possible.

Obviously I would love to see us push this as far as possible and it is helping everything we are trying to do as a squad. I think we can compete at a couple levels higher...and we will be given the chance, if we prove it.

in 3 days we play Lowestoft at home in a league match, here is hoping we keep the streak going.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #243
Tellistto
College Prospect

Nice to see this return!
Old 05-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #244
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Lowestoft (Home, ID1N)

Quote:
Diss edge narrow Lowestoft game
Diss Town 1 - Lowestoft Town (Isthmian D1N)

Diss Town won a hard fought battle against Lowestoft Town on a fine autumn afternoon at Brewers Green Lane

With the game nearing an end, it was Trevor Benjamin who scored a close range header to give Diss the lead in the 90th minute. Benjamins impact delighted the fans with his late goal.

Diss covered a lot of ground but also gave up far to many fouls, meaning their effort was for nothing.

Attendance: 299

It's about time Trevor does something...the fans hate him and think he was a catastrophe of a pick up, I have had him on the list and Phil thinks he can still help us...he has proven it very little, although I think he pulled his head out of his arse and used it properly here.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Lowestoft
12 Shots 15
3 On Target 2
8 Off Target 9
1 Blocked Shots 4
1 Woodwork 0
2 Clear Cut Chances 0
2 Long Shots 9
55% Possession 45%
7 Corners 5
15 Free Kicks 15
20 Throw Ins 11
12 Fouls 14
3 Offsides 1
70% Passes Completed 63%
33% Crosses Completed 18%
65% Tackles Won 78%
53% Headers Won 57%
0 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0
123.2 Kilometers Run 120.9
6.81 Average Rating 6.65

Our defense did what they were supposed to do, force the long shots however we weren't nearly all around aggressive as I would like us to be.

Also news about Defty and his red card came down

Quote:
Defty suspended for two matches

Jack Defty has been given a two match suspension after being sent off in the Isthmian D1N match between Diss and Wivenhoe.

The suspension will apply for all English domestic competitions and will start on Wednesday November 2nd 2011

Which means he sat the Wisbech and Lowestoft matches and should be back for our next match against Waltham Abbey at Capershotts for an Isthmian D1N match in 4 days.

We lead the league with 29 points tied with Aveley who is 2nd and six points ahead of Lowestoft, Wisbech, Harrow and AFC Sudbury which are 3rd - 6th respectively.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:39 PM   #245
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Waltham Abbey (Away, ID1N)

I sit our starting keeper Bowles as it is our young and upcoming keeper Brown's turn in the rotation and we also have Defty back for the match.

Quote:
Diss fortunate to beat Waltham Abbey
Waltham Abbey 0 - 1 Diss Town (Isthmian D1N)

Diss Town recorded a somewhat fortuitous win over Waltham Abbey on a fine autumn evening at Capershotts.

Young midfielder Luke Dean gave Diss the lead with an effort which hit the inside of the post before crossing the line in the 29th minute.

Diss were carved open a number of times but despite the ability of their opponents to create chances, they struggled to put them away.

Attendance: 39

GK Lehigh Brown played phenomenal, he stopped several head up shots and deflected a few out of the box. We also bounced a few shots off the woodwork as well.

Quote:
Waltham Abbey Statistic Diss
13 Shots 9
4 On Target 5
5 Off Target 4
4 Blocked Shots 0
0 Woodwork 2
3 Clear Cut Chances 1
6 Long Shots 4
52% Possession 48%
12 Corners 2
14 Free Kicks 11
25 Throw Ins 17
10 Fouls 9
1 Offsides 5
68% Passes Completed 59%
14% Crosses Completed 14%
69% Tackles Won 72%
67% Headers Won 56%
3 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
121.1 Kilometers Run 122.1
6.60 Average Rating 6.93

We took quality shots with five out of our nine on target and 2 of those hitting the woodwork. Waltham was lucky it was only 1-0 and not 3-0, but then again...Brown blocked 4 direct shots so I guess it can go either way.

Up next is Enfield Town coming to Brewers Green Lane in 3 days for a league match.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:01 PM   #246
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Enfield Town (Home, ID1N)

Bowles back in as keeper, Defty took a knock last game and I yanked him at the 22 minute mark so he is 100% healthy for this match.

Quote:
Diss fortunate to beat Enfield Town
Diss Town 2 - 1 Enfield Town (Isthmian D1N)

Diss Town recorded a somewhat fortuitous win over Enfield Town on a fine autumn afternoon at Brewers Green Lane. Two goals from Jack Defty helped Diss to victory.

Striker Jack Defty gave Diss the lead with a placed shot in the 13th minute. Defty had no trouble scoring from the spot when Carpenter gave up a penalty.

Striker Chris Blakeley managed to grab the consolation for Enfield Town in the 63rd minute with a close range effort.

Enfield Town also saw their 85th minute strike disallowed in controversial circumstances.

Attendance: 341

Hell, we dominated the first half and they dominated the second, which I knew was coming. Also, doesn't the Diss Informer writing staff have an ounce of creativity. Blakeley killed us in the second, the controversial play on the 85th minute was an offsides ball which I was yelling at the line judge non stop that they were continually lining up offsides all game long, to bad it took over 85 minutes to get the call.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Enfield Town
4 Shots 10
2 On Target 4
2 Off Target 5
0 Blocked Shots 1
1 Woodwork 0
3 Clear Cut Chances 1
1 Long Shots 5
47% Possession 53%
8 Corners 2
13 Free Kicks 8
22 Throw Ins 19
7 Fouls 12
1 Offsides 2
61% Passes Completed 68%
19% Crosses Completed 4%
73% Tackles Won 74%
70% Headers Won 50%
0 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0
125.1 Kilometers Run 124.3
7.15 Average Rating 6.55

Honestly we were outplayed and it was out talent that kept us in this game...amazing runs in the 1st half that kept Enfield on their heels allowed us to take the lead and basically anchor down and hold on to it.

Quote:
Diss maintain winning streak

Diss Town have extended their run of straight wins in the Isthmian D1N to four games following their 2-1 victory against Enfield town.

Although they were widely predicted at the start of the campaign to just finish in the top half, The Tangerines have not wasted any time in climbing to the top of the table.

Although it is still early in the season, their current winning streak confirms their ambitions to finish as high as possible.

Four straight wins and 14 straight games without a loss, we are riding a high and I have asked about the loan player we have George Hinds...I want him on the squad full time...let's see if it's granted.

Next up is a jaunt in 4 days to Chapel Road to take on Tiptree in a league match.

We own the 1st place spot outright at 35 points. Aveley sits at 2nd with 30, then AFC Sudbury is 3rd with 29.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:31 AM   #247
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Tiptree United (Away, ID1N)

Quote:
Quality finishing the difference at Chapel Road
Tiptree United 0 - 2 Diss Town (Isthmian D1N)

Tiptree United succumbed to a 2-0 loss in this evening's English Isthmian League First Division North clash at Chapel Road.

The match began in controversial circumstances as Diss we denied claims by Ashley Lyth for a penalty. An error from Alex Tiesse allowed young midfielder Luke Dean to score a real poachers effort. Young striker Steve Higgs completed the scoring for Diss with a placed shot in the 73rd minute.

Attendance: 91

A solid game all around for the boys, Dean is looking a confident now on a lot of his plays and Higgs is just Higgs, a machine that won't quit.

Quote:
Tiptree Statistic Diss
8 Shots 7
1 On Target 3
4 Off Target 4
3 Blocked Shots 0
2 Woodwork 0
2 Clear Cut Chances 2
2 Long Shots 2
47% Possession 53%
5 Corners 5
15 Free Kicks 4
32 Throw Ins 23
3 Fouls 12
1 Offsides 3
60% Passes Completed 65%
27% Crosses Completed 16%
64% Tackles Won 83%
64% Headers Won 59%
0 Yellow Cards 1
0 Red Cards 0
119.7 Kilometers Run 120.8
6.47 Average Rating 6.91

We were definitely the aggressive ones in this match and it showed and worked into our favor. Tiptree did not know what to do after Bowles stonewalled them twice and their shots started moving out hitting the woodwork and then missing altogether.

Quote:
Diss Town to play Ashford in Second Round

Diss Town will play Ashford Town in the English Isthmian League Cup Second Round.

The game will be played at Brewers Green Lane on Wednesday November 30th 2011.

Not much to say here besides bring it on. Our next match is a Norfolk Senior Cup match against Horsford United at Horsford United Stadium. We are picked as the winner but I hope we are not looking ahead to our match after, which is a FA Trophy match against Blue Square North Alfreton Town.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:22 PM   #248
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Horsford Utd (Away, Norfolk Senior Cup)

Quote:
Comfortable 3-1 win for Tangerines
Horsford United 1 - 3 Diss Town (Norfolk Senior Cup 4th Round)

Diss Town produced a good display this afternoon to see off the challenge of Horsford United at Horsford United Stadium.

Experienced striker Trevor Benjamin gave Diss the lead with a placed shot in the 11th minute. An error from Micky Bryant allowed young striker Onome Ogaga to score a placed shot. Player Micky Bryant then summed up his teams performance by nearly gifting Diss another goal in the 23rd minute.

An error from Ben Laslett allowed player Terry Henderson to score a powerful effort from the edge of the area. An error from Micky Bryant allowed centre-back Terry Stewart to score a good header from just inside the six yard box.

Attendance: 80

Horsford stunk it up and we took advantage of Micky Bryant consistently and the score shows. He looked lost in this game against our talent.

Quote:
Horsford Utd Statistic Diss
6 Shots 15
3 On Target 6
2 Off Target 6
1 Blocked Shots 3
0 Woodwork 0
0 Clear Cut Chances 2
3 Long Shots 6
37% Possession 63%
2 Corners 10
13 Free Kicks 16
14 Throw Ins 27
16 Fouls 8
0 Offsides 5
57% Passes Completed 68%
25% Crosses Completed 21%
66% Tackles Won 77%
67% Headers Won 60%
0 Yellow Cards 0
0 Red Cards 0
110.6 Kilometers Run 113.0
6.06 Average Rating 7.27

Total domination and I won't dig to much into this as we head quickly back home to figure out our next game.

Quote:
Unbeatable Diss enter the record books

Diss' eighteen games unbeaten from Wednesday September 9th 2009 is a new Norfolk County FA Senior Cup record.

Wow, eighteen straight game without a loss in the Norfolk Cup...can we say dominant team?

We draw Dereham Town for our next match in Norfolk County Senior Cup. It is a quarter final match played at home.

Time for our FA Trophy focus on Alfreton Town and the FA Trophy 4th Qual round. They are a Blue Square North team and we are major underdogs.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:30 PM   #249
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Alfreton Town (Home, FA Trophy 4th Qual Rnd)

Quote:
Quality of possession more important than quantity
Diss Town 2 - 0 Alfreton Town (FA Trophy 4th Qual. Rnd)

The media is claiming a triumph of tactics for the Diss Town head coach after defeating Alfreton Town 2 - 0.

The first noteworth incident of the match proved to be controversial, with Alfreton seeing a goal disallowed. Diss finally took the lead when striker Jack Defty scored a placed shot in the 51st minute. An error from Grant Cooper allowed midfielder Callum Kearns to score a close range effort.

Attendance: 195

Holy cow! We did it...and it was all the players, I stuck to my guns and what we have been doing all season long and they pulled it off. Keeper Matt Bowles handled the net just fine and wasn't intimidated. This win helps me secure some negotiating room though for the contract that is up at the end of the season.

Quote:
Diss Statistic Alfreton
5 Shots 9
3 On Target 3
2 Off Target 5
0 Blocked Shots 1
0 Woodwork 0
2 Clear Cut Chances 0
0 Long Shots 4
53% Possession 47%
9 Corners 4
12 Free Kicks 18
19 Throw Ins 12
14 Fouls 10
4 Offsides 2
65% Passes Completed 66%
14% Crosses Completed 23%
78% Tackles Won 76%
48% Headers Won 72%
1 Yellow Cards 0
0 Red Cards 0
123.4 Kilometers Run 120.4
7.08 Average Rating 6.50

A little bit more aggressive on our end...We just wanted this more and definitely proved it to the entire UK.

We have now lost any chance of surprise as Corby, another Blue Square North team is our FA Trophy 1st round match.

Our next match is a league match away against Redbridge.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:01 AM   #250
MacroGuru
Coordinator

OK, as I am moving through...

I know my contract expires at the end of the season. The Diss board isn't talking to me until the season is over about it....I see Coca Cola and BS teams open and want to apply but hold off thinking they will take care of me...What do you think...wait it out? Or start applying and forcing their hand?