Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #1201
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
not at all. i'm suggesting going for a finisher or aggressive defense is much different than going for a finisher or an aggressive attack on someone else.

Ah. Why? Lathum's not worried about being attacked, he's cleared. Murray is almost dead.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #1202
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

didnt both murray and Lathum try to finish Chubby yesterday also?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:09 PM   #1203
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i might vote lathum again just on principle for playing against the village.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #1204
Autumn
Head Coach

Chubby's basically been voting for who is attacking him, which doesn't tell us much about the WW game, as much as he'd like it to. It must suck to be getting knocked out of the game, but it doesn't make your attackers bad guys. Path is piling onto that, again voting a guy for a wrestling move.

I think Path is likely a bad guy, I'm 50/50 on Chubby. But there has to be at least one more, so I'll move where there might be some action.

unvote path12
vote britrock
Old 02-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #1205
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Ah. Why? Lathum's not worried about being attacked, he's cleared. Murray is almost dead.

"almost" dead means nothing tho and it is not out of the realm of possibility to go from healthy to finishable in one fight
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #1206
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Chubby's basically been voting for who is attacking him, which doesn't tell us much about the WW game, as much as he'd like it to. It must suck to be getting knocked out of the game, but it doesn't make your attackers bad guys. Path is piling onto that, again voting a guy for a wrestling move.

I think Path is likely a bad guy, I'm 50/50 on Chubby. But there has to be at least one more, so I'll move where there might be some action.

unvote path12
vote britrock

Who said i'm getting knocked out of the game? Oh that's right, that's what you thought last night too...
Old 02-27-2013, 04:13 PM   #1207
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

where is path? dude it seriously gives me vibes that hes never around
Old 02-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #1208
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
"almost" dead means nothing tho and it is not out of the realm of possibility to go from healthy to finishable in one fight

I don't get your point.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #1209
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post

He was just here and voted.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #1210
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
How does this help them win the game?

Seriously? Everyone ran the math earlier, go back and read it. But I get the wolf play you're doing at ignoring things.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:15 PM   #1211
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Who said i'm getting knocked out of the game? Oh that's right, that's what you thought last night too...

My point is that if you're a villager, I think you're being blinded by the wrestling action. In these kind of games, the villagers are always sure those who are targeting them in actions are bad guys. You're just getting targeted because people want to throw someone over the ropes.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #1212
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
If Chubby ends up a wolf this statement will look bad but I agree with what he says here a thousand percent and my vote would be on Autumn if we were in any better of a position than we are.

+10000
Old 02-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #1213
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
didnt both murray and Lathum try to finish Chubby yesterday also?

Nah, it was Lathum and I. I was thinking about leveling up and had >0 suspicion of Chubby as a wolf... I also didn't expect anyone to go after our finishable duke, as murrayyyyy and Autumn did by finishing Suicane.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #1214
Autumn
Head Coach

And people wonder why they left me alive.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #1215
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Nah, it was Lathum and I. I was thinking about leveling up and had >0 suspicion of Chubby as a wolf... I also didn't expect anyone to go after our finishable duke, as murrayyyyy and Autumn did by finishing Suicane.

DING
Old 02-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #1216
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And people wonder why they left me alive.

nobody is wondering
Old 02-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #1217
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Old 02-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #1218
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
yea murrays attack might make him a wolf. but then again Lathums a villager and hes attacking him. and Chubby might be a wolf and both them villagers.

I don't agree with Lathum's move but I know he is good.

I and apparently most everyone else did not make what would otherwise be the same decision because of the consequences if Chubby is what he says he is. murrayyyyy knew that and did it anyway.

If the trusted folk go in another direction I will move the vote. But for now it was a move that smacks of a confident wolf and I have placed my vote accordingly.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:24 PM   #1219
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Oh you think you're piddly finishing moves can get me out of the ring?

Snuka, try climbing that turnbuckle again; I dare ya. Maybe this time, you'll get a leg taken out and fall out of the ring backwards.

Rhodes, are you going to try and eat me? Is that your finisher?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #1220
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

What the fuck?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #1221
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What the fuck?

Nobody accused the Barbarian of ever being smart
Old 02-27-2013, 04:28 PM   #1222
Autumn
Head Coach

I think Path and Chubby are focusing on the wrestling action too much, whether on purpose or not. There's still days of other evidence to go on. I find it interesting that all of a sudden when we have four cleared villagers in a group of 9 (I think I'm right this time) they're voting for someone who didn't get any attention up until now. There's not much left for the wolves to choose from. If there are 4 wolves, only one guy really, plus me. Hmm.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #1223
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Well let's see, I've attacked you twice trying to get rid of you so I wonder what I think your role is...

vote Chubby
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #1224
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think Path and Chubby are focusing on the wrestling action too much, whether on purpose or not. There's still days of other evidence to go on. I find it interesting that all of a sudden when we have four cleared villagers in a group of 9 (I think I'm right this time) they're voting for someone who didn't get any attention up until now. There's not much left for the wolves to choose from. If there are 4 wolves, only one guy really, plus me. Hmm.

You are far from cleared. Did I miss the cunning wolf being taken over the top rope?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #1225
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
My point is that if you're a villager, I think you're being blinded by the wrestling action. In these kind of games, the villagers are always sure those who are targeting them in actions are bad guys. You're just getting targeted because people want to throw someone over the ropes.

It is a whole different thing to argue that someone is being blinded by the wrestling action day 1 or 2 or even 3. But dude, we are at the tipping point here. WE CANNOT AFFORD TO GET RID OF ANOTHER VILLAGER. Whether it is by wrestling or voting at this point does not matter -- right now, on day 5 with no wolf caught so far, wrestling moves are as important as a vote IMO.

This is why I think Lathum made a shitty gamble -- even as I acknowledge he is on the side of the village.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #1226
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
What the fuck?

sorry i take that back
Old 02-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #1227
Autumn
Head Coach

That's why I said, "plus me."
Old 02-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #1228
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

You are so full of shit right now. I remember why this game pisses me off so much.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #1229
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
It is a whole different thing to argue that someone is being blinded by the wrestling action day 1 or 2 or even 3. But dude, we are at the tipping point here. WE CANNOT AFFORD TO GET RID OF ANOTHER VILLAGER. Whether it is by wrestling or voting at this point does not matter -- right now, on day 5 with no wolf caught so far, wrestling moves are as important as a vote IMO.

This is why I think Lathum made a shitty gamble -- even as I acknowledge he is on the side of the village.

So you admit that a villager could make this "mistake" but are certain that murray is a wolf because of it? That's what i don't get.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #1230
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You are so full of shit right now. I remember why this game pisses me off so much.

He's going for the "if i talk in circles enough people will be convinced i'm really cleared because I say so" gambit
Old 02-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #1231
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

Maybe I'm wrong, but look at it from my perspective, not yours. There is a very small pool the wolves can pick from. They have to play up the cunning angle with me. Check. And then they have to steer the village to whoever else is left. Maybe that's you, but I don't see anyone steering to you but me. Yet I see both you and Chubby steering to Murray. What happened to Britrock who was everyone's favorite alternative until today? What about you, what about Chubby, what about bullet?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #1232
Autumn
Head Coach

Well my "circles" are done for now, Chubby. I've got to make dinner. Enjoy talking amongst yourselves.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #1233
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

murrayyyyy has been awwwwwwwwwwwwwwfully quiet
Old 02-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #1234
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Chubby, why did you vote murrayyyy instead of britrock? Both met your criteria, but britrock actually tried to attack you
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #1235
britrock88
Pro Starter

I have a vote count. But I'm worried about the voting dynamics of us possibly being in a 5-4 situation... should I post it?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #1236
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Chubby, why did you vote murrayyyy instead of britrock? Both met your criteria, but britrock actually tried to attack you

I'm certainly not sold on brit as a villager. I went with murrayyyyyy this morning because he hasn't gotten any heat whatsoever. After seeing the fight actions, i'm even more confidant in the vote.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #1237
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe I'm wrong, but look at it from my perspective, not yours. There is a very small pool the wolves can pick from. They have to play up the cunning angle with me. Check. And then they have to steer the village to whoever else is left. Maybe that's you, but I don't see anyone steering to you but me. Yet I see both you and Chubby steering to Murray. What happened to Britrock who was everyone's favorite alternative until today? What about you, what about Chubby, what about bullet?

I thought I was pretty clear about why I put murray.

I agree, there is a small pool. It is frustrating being generic because I don't know shit about what is going on while we've got at least two-three of us who can coordinate their in-thread stories.

We've got JAG, Lathum, and it appears DT as uncontested roles, so that's them.

The rest:
You (Autumn) -- good point about wolves steering cunning to you. My suspicions are simply because I know you are barking up the wrong tree with me and as such your arguments are being clouded by my frustrations about that.

murrayyyyy -- covered.

Chubby -- given we've got two people doing finishing moves on him we're likely going to find out for sure about him tonight.

britrock88 -- I've mentioned before that he is the only one of us who has had runs evaporate, very well could be bad -- but is he any more likely or not than murray?

bulletsponge -- could be bad. More likely than any of the others? No idea.

Is that everyone else? Think so. So from my point of view, I see what you are saying but is my vote for murrayyyyy egregious in comparison to any of the other candidates we have? I don't think so.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:36 PM   #1238
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I have a vote count. But I'm worried about the voting dynamics of us possibly being in a 5-4 situation... should I post it?

Yes please. It's not like the wolves aren't keeping track.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #1239
britrock88
Pro Starter

As requested:

2 murrayyyyy - Chubby (1107), path (1197)
1 Autumn - Lathum (1122)
2 britrock - bulletsponge (1132), Autumn (1204)
1 Chubby - murrayyyyy (1223)
Old 02-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #1240
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i might vote lathum again just on principle for playing against the village.

I don't think it is fair to say I am working against the village just because I am taking a more aggressive track.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #1241
path12
Coordinator

Lathum, are you planning on keeping your vote on Autumn? Isn't that two big gambles today?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #1242
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't think it is fair to say I am working against the village just because I am taking a more aggressive track.

Put it this way. What you're doing is probably against the better odds of working for the village. DT should know about that after last game, eh?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #1243
britrock88
Pro Starter

Then again, with you 3 revealed roled players in a COT, maybe the odds aren't any worse of getting a wolf by finishing Chubby. It's just a move we can trace back to one person's initiative, rather than the village's. And considering the influence the wolves can have on today's vote, maybe that's not such a bad thing.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #1244
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Then again, with you 3 revealed roled players in a COT, maybe the odds aren't any worse of getting a wolf by finishing Chubby. It's just a move we can trace back to one person's initiative, rather than the village's. And considering the influence the wolves can have on today's vote, maybe that's not such a bad thing.

On one side the CoT of three (assuming they all end up on the same place), on the other side we're figuring 3 wolves, and then the two of us who don't belong to either.

Thinking out loud here. If we vote Chubby he's out either through the ring actions or the lynch. Do we know what happens first in this instance?

If he is bad then we are at 5-2 and things look better. If he is good we are at 4-3 with a night kill coming and things look really bad.

Ugh.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #1245
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Well I can tell you that you have a 0% chance of getting a wolf by eliminating me.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #1246
path12
Coordinator

If I have any hope of getting home before deadline on the slowest fucking bus on the planet then I've got to leave now.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:48 PM   #1247
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This is a very interesting point...
Old 02-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #1248
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Not a fan of your gamble Lathum...we need to work together to figure out what we're doing and I don't think that's the right play.

Now given we're basically all but dead anyways, but I think going for path/britrock/bullet/murray is a much higher probability play. Otherwise we're basically talking about like ending the game right now. Then again I guess that's what we're talking anyways, but the odds of Autumn being the specific role of cunning are less sure than the 25% odds of hitting a wolf in that grouping of 4 names.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #1249
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I agree DT. I also felt his move at deadline last night was indicative of a villager afraid they had gotten played rather than a wolf acting (otherwise why miss the deadline if that was the plan?) I don't really like it as a percentage play, plus if we luckily manage to take out the cunning (if it isn't him), we can fully clear Autumn.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #1250
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

i don't think any of us were actually advocating voting autumn today despite what we think.