Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Baseball Text-Based Sims
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2006, 09:28 AM   #1
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

PureSim 2006 Beta Signup

Hey guys, I'm looking for a few more people to add to the PureSim 2006 Beta.

Ideally I'd like to get a few testers from over in these parts -- espeically if you love Baseball sims.

I am interested in getting some hard core FOFC members because, to be honest, PureSim is not that popular with folks over here, so It would be great to get someone with a really critical eye. I already have plenty of entrenched PureSim fans on the beta. I need people to tell me what sucks

So, if you are interested and have the time to participate in a fast and furious beta process over the next 2-3 weeks send me an email. I'll warn you, the pace will be nuts, with nightly builds and patches/tweaks even more frequently, so it will require a bit of a commitment on your part.

Send inquiries to [email protected] subject: "Beta Request"

Thanks!
- Shaun

Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
Franklinnoble
Banned

E-mail sent.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Man, I wish I had the time as baseball fever is running rampant, but with work and all.. I just don't think I'll give it proper time.

I'm sure Ben will chime in... maybe sov.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Email sent
Old 04-16-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
Cuckoo
College Starter

Yep, sounds like fun. I wish I had the time as well. I've come close to buying Puresim a few times and tried several versions. I think it's really solid, although I always have a hard time setting up a league based on real life. That's probably been the one thing holding me back from buying.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:58 AM   #6
Galaril
Pro Starter

Paging SkyDog FOFC resident professional sports text-sim beta tester.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:01 AM   #7
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
Yep, sounds like fun. I wish I had the time as well. I've come close to buying Puresim a few times and tried several versions. I think it's really solid, although I always have a hard time setting up a league based on real life. That's probably been the one thing holding me back from buying.

I agree I have also thought setting up a real life league alittle bit of a pain in the ass. The aspect of getting all the major league parks correct configurations in the game in particular is time consuming since you have to add them individually and everytime you start an association. That part really sucks. I would hope to have some way to save the league setup file for starting another association latter.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #8
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
I agree I have also thought setting up a real life league alittle bit of a pain in the ass. The aspect of getting all the major league parks correct configurations in the game in particular is time consuming since you have to add them individually and everytime you start an association. That part really sucks. I would hope to have some way to save the league setup file for starting another association latter.

A feature that should make this easy will be in PS 2006
Old 04-16-2006, 11:36 AM   #9
Ramzavail
College Starter

Email sent.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:12 PM   #10
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Wow

Wow,

Full. This place is awesome
Old 04-16-2006, 03:10 PM   #11
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dammit. damm getting up to work and not checking the forum.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:05 PM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Darn. Well, hopefully people give you good feedback. I want to like this game and plan to check it out.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:51 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Well, since I'm in, and am stuck working for three and a half more hours, and Shaun has said I can share information:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan
"Additionally you are NOT under any sort of non-disclosure agreement, so you are encouraged to post info on your experiences with the beta version on any public forum (espeically anything that might help get folks excited about the game!)

Played 7-8 games so far, mostly with a Fictional Association created after the download completed, and 2 with a 2005 Association.

My thoughts:

Animated ball flight is nice, but what I would REALLY like to see is tracking where the ball goes in the play.. for example, right now, on a ground out to 2nd, the ball moves to the 2nd baseman's position and disappears (and the popup window says "Grounds Out, 4-3"). I'd like to see the ball move to 2nd and then over to first.

One glitch I've run into is that the third game of the year with the fictional teams saw my opponent hang a reliever out to dry in a long extra inning game. He came in the 10th inning, and by the end of the game (it went 17), the pitcher had thrown 90-odd pitches (and he only had an endurance of 44 on a 1-100 scale).. and they had four relievers left in the pen, so it wasn't that he was the last man standing..

Either I've been horrendously unlucky, or all the games are played in huge stadiums I've seen 30-40 Deep Fly Outs (including a few where it stated the wind kept it in), but not a homer yet.

The game is VERY quick, and free flowing. I like the fact that it offers you a chance to read the paper weekly.

Obviously, stats can't be judged, with such a small sample (I hope Shaun tabs SkyDog for it, that's his forte), but the game seems realistic so far..

It's pretty fun (I actually stopped playing it here at work cuz I was getting sick looking at the computer screen constantly) so far.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:17 PM   #14
Fouts
College Starter

Hmm, just read this and sent an email. Looks like it may be too late. I hope you got a few guys who actually play the games out. Good luck!
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 06:23 PM   #15
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril

It's actually not that hard now. Once you have your assocation created, just make a copy and change the name. Then anytime you want to start from this point in time just open the renamed association.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 08:00 PM   #16
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan
A feature that should make this easy will be in PS 2006

Thanks Shaun. I am looking forward to this iteration of you rgreat game. I am sorry I won't have the time to beta test. I am prepare to take off for a week long Firm run CISSP certification course and test. So I am all hunkered down with my infosec books.