Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #51
sabotai
General Manager

The WWF has made an offer to Shawn Michaels.....

As for finances, cutting down on tag matches and not doing dark matches anymore has me running at a balanced budget now. Good thing I'm still getting $50k in sponsor money a money and $10k in merchandise sales. Otherwise I would have run this fed into the ground.

Marty Jannetty is the only worker who is at the 3rd smiley face. He's still ticked off about a booking decision I made in June. What a punk. If Shawn Michaels gets signed away by the WWF, he's gone.

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:29 PM   #52
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, Sept. 1987

Attendance: 1,444

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Ricky Santana and Marty Jannetty from the comfort of their announcers table. (D)

Art Barr vs. Rick Steiner
In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Rick Steiner defeated Art Barr in 6:34 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (E)

Mark Callous vs. Ron Simmons
In an extremely poor match, Ron Simmons defeated Mark Callous in 7:48 by pinfall with a Spinebuster. (D-)
Mark Callous and Ron Simmons have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Top Gun vs. Eddie Gilbert
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Top Gun defeated Eddie Gilbert in 10:20 by pinfall with an Assassin Splash. (D-)

Sting is walking backstage, turns a corner, and bumps into Ron Bass. Bass says something that Sting doesn't like, and they start arguing. After some heated words, Bass challenges Sting to meet him in the ring for a match. (D)
The Sting's Hero Quest storyline has continued with this segment.

Ricky Santana vs. Marty Jannetty (TV Title Match)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ricky Santana defeated Marty Jannetty in 11:48 by pinfall with a Santana Slam. Ricky Santana makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (D-)
Marty Jannetty was really off his game tonight.

Barry Windham is walking backstage, turns a corner, and bumps into Bad News Allen. Bad News says something that Windham doesn't like, and they start arguing. After some heated words, Bad News challenges Windham to meet him in the ring for a match. (D+)

Final Rating: D-
Old 07-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #53
sabotai
General Manager

Shawn Michaels has signed a written deal with the WWF. I'm basically going to be shutting down the tag division for now. And cutting Marty Jannetty.

Something got a bit messed up. I wanted Ron Simmons to be a Face, but the game has him listed as a Heel......oh well. I already debuted him so Heel it is.
Old 07-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #54
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, Sept. 1987

Attendance: 1,511

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Bad News Allen from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)
The Bad News for Windham storyline has continued with this segment.

Rick Steiner vs. Rick Hunter
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Steiner defeated Rick Hunter in 7:44 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (E+)
Rick Steiner is improving in Performance skills.

Sting vs. Ron Bass
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Ron Bass defeated Sting in 9:49 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (D+)
The Sting's Hero Quest storyline has continued with this match. Ron Bass is improving in Technical skills.

Barry Windham had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Bad News Allen. (D+)

Ricky Santana vs. Shawn Michaels (TV Title Match)
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Ricky Santana defeated Shawn Michaels in 8:36 by pinfall with a Santana Slam. Ricky Santana makes defence number 2 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (D)

Barry Windham vs. Bad News Allen (Heavyweight Title Match)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Bad News Allen defeated Barry Windham in 13:03 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Bad News Allen wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C)
Bad News Allen was visibly tiring toward the end. The Bad News for Windham storyline has continued with this match. Bad News Allen is improving in Performance skills.

Final Rating: C-
Old 07-03-2011, 10:46 PM   #55
sabotai
General Manager

And Shawn Michaels officially leaves the AWA and PNW. And....Marty Jannetty gets fired.

I'm also evolving the Sting's storyline to just a generic feud with Ron Bass. A lot of the prewritten storylines are angle heavy and I just don't have the workers popular enough to pull off a lot of angles yet.

Also, after a month or so of pushing, I think it's time for Brady Boone and Ricky Santana to have another feud.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #56
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, Sept. 1987

Attendance: 1,815

(The Show Begins...)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Top Gun from the comfort of their announcers table. (D)

Brady Boone vs. Mick Foley
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brady Boone defeated Mick Foley in 8:25 by pinfall. (D-)

Ron Bass vs. The American Ninja
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ron Bass defeated The American Ninja in 10:08 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D)

Bad News Allen has an interview in which he taunts Barry Windham. (C+)

Rick Hunter vs. Eddie Gilbert
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Hunter drew with Eddie Gilbert in 10:00 when the time limit expired. (E+)
Rick Hunter is improving in Performance skills.

Barry Windham vs. Top Gun
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Barry Windham defeated Top Gun in 11:26 by pinfall with a Superplex. (D)

After the match, Bad News Allen comes from the backstage area and enters the ring. Allen and Windham go back and forth verbally until the show ends. (C-)

Final Rating: D
Old 07-04-2011, 12:37 PM   #57
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, Sept. 1987

Attendance: 1,770

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Bull Ramos from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Brady Boone vs. Art Barr
In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Brady Boone defeated Art Barr in 5:41 by pinfall with a Moonsault. (E+)

Eddie Gilbert vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Eddie Gilbert defeated Scott Peterson in 9:29 by pinfall with a Hot Shot. (E+)

Barry Windham and Bad News Allen are in the ring, and are squaring off, unhappy about something. The argument soon turns physical, and they are joined by Cocoa Samoa and Bull Ramos for a wild brawl, with the chaos spilling out all around ringside. Eventually a number of officials and other wrestlers have to hit the ring and pull them apart before they kill each other. (C-)

Sting vs. Steve Doll
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Sting defeated Steve Doll in 9:17 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. (D-)
Steve Doll is improving in Performance skills.

Barry Windham vs. Bull Ramos
In a match that had a fantastic crowd and good action, Barry Windham defeated Bull Ramos in 10:40 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. (C-)
Bull Ramos was visibly tiring toward the end. The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown.

In their weekly tradition, Windham and Allen argue to end the show. (C-)

Final Rating: D+
Old 07-05-2011, 06:08 PM   #58
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, October 1987

Attendance: 1,835

(The Show Begins...)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Bad News Allen and Sting from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Brian Pillman vs. Tom Prichard
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Tom Prichard in 8:02 by pinfall with a Flying Corkscrew Crossbody. (E+)

Sting had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Bad News Allen. (D+)

Brady Boone vs. Rick Hunter
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brady Boone defeated Rick Hunter in 7:53 by pinfall. (E+)

Bad News Allen had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Sting. (D+)
Bad News Allen came across well.

Ron Simmons vs. The American Ninja
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ron Simmons defeated The American Ninja in 10:12 by pinfall with a Dominator. (D-)

Bad News Allen vs. Sting (PNW Heavyweight Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bad News Allen defeated Sting in 9:34 by pinfall after using a foreign object. Bad News Allen makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (D+)
Bad News Allen is improving in Performance skills.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:25 PM   #59
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, October 1987

Attendance: 1,756

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Bad News Allen from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Bad News Allen had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Barry Windham. (C)

Ron Simmons vs. Eddie Gilbert
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ron Simmons defeated Eddie Gilbert in 11:25 by pinfall with a Dominator. (D-)

Barry Windham had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Bad News Allen. (C)

Ron Bass vs. Sting
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Ron Bass defeated Sting in 10:12 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D)

Cage Match: Bad News Allen vs. Barry Windham (PNW Heavyweight Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Barry Windham defeated Bad News Allen in 13:26 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. Barry Windham wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C)
Bad News Allen was visibly tiring toward the end. The Bad News for Windham storyline has continued with this match.

Having picked up the victory, Barry Windham celebrates in the ring. (C-)

Sting signs with NJPW and is leaving PNW.

And that will end the feud between Allen and Windham, being as that's their third match. I run the risk of having penalized match ratings if I don't give them some time off from each other.

Not sure who I'm going to have step into the title picture now. It was going to be Allen and Sting, but with Sting leaving, I had to give it to Windham since there's no Face to step up. So, it'll be Ron Bass getting the shot at Windham. Ron Simmons will feud with Cocoa Samoa. It's about time I did something with Samoa.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-05-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:46 PM   #60
Izulde
Head Coach

Windham and Bad News had a great feud for you, it seems. Nicely done.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #61
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Windham and Bad News had a great feud for you, it seems. Nicely done.

Yup, and they'll be doing it again soon.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:53 AM   #62
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, October 1987

Attendance: 1,333

Heh, I noticed that I mistakenly put Rick Steiner at Heel as well....gotta turn him.

(The Show Begins....)

Bad News Allen vs. Eddie Gilbert
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Bad News Allen defeated Eddie Gilbert in 7:29 by pinfall with a Ghetto Blaster. (D)
Bad News Allen seemed off his game tonight.

Cocoa Samoa and Brady Boone vs. Ron Simmons and Rick Steiner
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brady Boone & Cocoa Samoa defeated Ron Simmons and Rick Steiner in 10:03 when Cocoa Samoa defeated Rick Steiner by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D-)

After the match, Ron Simmons blames Rick Steiner for the lose and attacks him (E-)* The turn went badly (I guess so, he's only had one match but it had to be done). As Simmons attacks Steiner, Cocoa Samoa rushes back to the ring and chases Ron Simmons off. (E)

Ron Bass vs. The American Ninja
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ron Bass defeated The American Ninja in 8:12 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D)
Ron Bass was really off his game tonight.

After the match, Bass grabs a mic and calls out Barry Windham. When Windham shows, he demands a title match. Windham says that after he takes care of Top Gun tonight, Bass can get his shot. (D+)

Barry Windham vs. Top Gun (PNW Heavyweight Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Barry Windham defeated Top Gun in 13:19 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. Barry Windham makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (D+)

*- I think there was an error with the angle I picked for Steiner's turn. There was no description, plus it had the "Create Booking" button show when it shouldn't have. Oh well. Steiner's turned and I have a Face back.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-09-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:06 AM   #63
sabotai
General Manager

New Signings

I tried to get Brett Hart, but he told me to go to hell. He left the WWF earlier in the year and toured with NJPW. He just got back, so I shot him a chance to negotiate. Also tired to get Big John Studd. He was on hiatus and just got back. We got to the negotiating stage, but he only has a D popularity in the North West, and wanted a lot, including $2000 PPA. Just a bit too much for me.

Bam Bam Bigalow - 26yo American. Face. Big Heavyweight Brawler. B+ Brawling, C+ Flashiness, he'll be good in angles (B- Acting, C+ Charisma), decent performance skills but has trouble selling. He's gotten popular in Japan and is just beginning his US run now. $1500 PPA, Midcard title promise. I needed another face, and a popular one at that. He's only D- in NW right now, but he should improve that quickly. I hope.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-09-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:39 AM   #64
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, October 1987

Attendance: 1,482

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Ron Bass from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Bam Bam Bigalow vs. Rick Hunter
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Rick Hunter in 7:37 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (E+)
Bam Bam Bigelow is improving in Technical skills.

Ron Simmons vs. Rick Steiner
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ron Simmons defeated Rick Steiner in 10:06 by pinfall with a Dominator. (E+)

After the match, Ron Simmons continues to attack Rick Steiner. Cocoa Samoa comes to his rescue again. (E-)

Barry Windham vs. Ron Bass (PNW Heavyweight Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Barry Windham defeated Ron Bass in 11:34 when Ron Bass was disqualified when Bad News Allen ran in and attacked Barry Windham. Barry Windham makes defence number 2 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (D+)
Barry Windham and Ron Bass don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. Ron Bass is improving in Rumble skills.

The bell has sounded, yet Barry Windham and Bad News Allen continue to do battle with each other all the way to the backstage area. (D+)

Ouch on the Es for the middle of the show, but double Ouch for Ron Bass and Barry Windham not clicking....

At least I found out that 13 minute angles are ok. That's how long the brawl between Windham and Allen lasted. Yup, I'm trying to extend their feud but avoid singles matches for awhile. I'm willing to take the chance on a match or two, but throw everything into them to make sure they are better than the previous matches. Especially now that Bass and Windham don't click.....but they still pulled of a D+ match, so...1 or two between them shouldn't hurt....too much.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-09-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:16 PM   #65
sabotai
General Manager

New Signings

2 Cold Scorpio - 22yo American. Heel. Lightweight Japanese Junior. C Aerial, C+ Flashiness, B+ Athleticism, B- Basics but D Psych. Independent Name. $100 PPA, he'll be a (very cheap) heel opener.

Eddie Guerrero - 20yo Mexican. Heel. Lightweight Japanese Junior. C- Mat, C+ Chain, C Aerial, B- Flashiness, B+ Athleticism, B+ Stam, good Performance. He would only sign a short term deal for 3 months. $450 PPA, Lower Midcarder.

Shane Douglas - 22yo American. Face. Middleweight Regular Wrestler. C- Brawling, C- Mat, C Mic, C- Acting, good physical skills and performance skills. $450PPA, Opener.

A few new faces for the lower end. Cheaper than I already have, so that will help a bit with my financial situation.

The state of the roster

Enhancement Talent

Art Barr - Making $100 PPA and is happy. He's got 3 months and change left on his contract.

Openers

2 Cold Scorpio and Shane Douglas, just signed.

Mark Callous - $150 PPA and 3 months and change left. I've been stupid for not using him more.

Top Prichard - $500 PPA and it expires in 2 months. I'm going to just stop using him and let his contract expire.

Lower Midcarder

Eddie Guerrero just signed.

Mick Foley - $600 PPA and 46 days left. If he'll resign for around the same amount, I'm going to try to give him a push and see what happens. His popularity is still in the tank (E)

Scott Peterson - $350 PPA and 3 months and change left. He's been pushed and given a title so I dunno if he's going to demand a raise. If he'll resign for $350, or even $400, I may do that and let him get beat up by faces for 9 months. Otherwise he's gone.

The American Ninja - $100 PPA, 25 days left. He usually puts on good matches when matched up with the right workers. I'd be fine giving him a decent sized raise (going $300 or $400 PPA or so) and keeping him at Lower Midcarder.

Midcarder

Brady Boone - $350 PPA and still has 9 months left. Good cheap worker that is going to be getting more of a push now that I signed two heels that he should match up well with.

Brian Pillman - $450 PPA and expires in 30 days. Same situation as Boone, but hopefully he doesn't ask for too much when I try to resign. I'll go as high as $600, but not much more. He's still just a midcarder.

Eddie Gilbert - $1000 PPA and expires in 3 months and change. I had such high hopes for Gilbert. He has all of the tools in the world but he just can't seem to gain popularity. I try to have him win and his matches stink. He loses, and does alright. But $1000 PPA for a guy who does best when losing is too much. I'll try one more push......he has the attributes to carry this fed if he can gain some popularity....but if he doesn't get popular and fast, I'm not resigning.

Rick Hunter - $800 PPA and expires in 30 days. I'm going to resign him and give him a good push. He needs some wins, needs to gain popularity. He'd be a great worker to feed to the main eventers when they need to put on a good match, but he's just not popular (E-). And in this fed, popularity means more than ability.

Steve Doll - $350 per show and expires in 27 months. Cheap worker....not that good. He's signed a good long time so I should use him more.

Upper Midcarder

Bam Bam Bigalow just signed.

Rick Steiner - $900 PPA with 6 months and change left. That face turn went badly but I had no choice. My mistake. He needs a big push to make up for it.

Ricky Santana - $800 PPA with 3 months left. He's been a very solid upper midcarder for me. Hopefully he doesn't want too much to resign.

Ron Bass - $1500 PPA with 5 months left. I should promote him to main eventer. Has done a pretty good job so far. D+ Popularity in the North West

Ron Simmons - $1500 PPA with 6 months and change left. D- Popularity, and he's getting a big push so that should jump up.

Top Gun - $900 PPA and expires in 2 months. Puts on decent matches, I should give him more of a push. I did have him fighting Sting but Sting left. There's just doesn't seem to be much to do with him. I have Simmons and Samoa starting up. Windham is fighting off Bass and Allen. Perhaps a feud with Bam Bam....but Bam Bam is a Big Heavyweight and Top Gun a Middleweight.....perhaps a feud with Rick Steiner....

Main Eventer

Bad News Allen - $1500 PPA and worth every penny. He's got 5 months left and if I have to give him $2000 PPA to resign, he'll get it. His feud with Windham is what has finally put this fed on the right track.

Barry Windham - $1500 PPA and worth every penny. Only 2 months left. Same thing for him, if he'll sign for $2000 PPA, I'll sign him for $2000 PPA.

Cocoa Samoa - $800 PPA with 3 months and change left. I may resign him. Depends on what he wants.

Only 3 Main Eventers...I push Ron bass up to Main Eventer.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-09-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #66
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, November 1987

Attendance: 1,445

Brady Boone vs. 2 Cold Scorpio (Dark Match)
In an extremely poor match, Brady Boone defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 7:38 by pinfall. (E)
2 Cold Scorpio was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. Brady Boone is improving in Flying skills.

(The Show Begins....)

Mr. Owen and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Ron Bass and Ron Simmons from the comfort of their announcers table. (D)

Bam Bam Bigalow vs. Mark Callous
In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Mark Callous in 8:24 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (E+)
Mark Callous is improving in Rumble skills.

Cocoa Samoa had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ron Bass. (D)

Brian Pillman vs. Eddie Guerrero
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Eddie Guerrero in 7:45 by submission with a Crucifix Armbar. (D-)
Brian Pillman is improving in Flying skills.

Ron Bass had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Cocoa Samoa. (D+)

Ron Simmons vs. The American Ninja
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ron Simmons defeated The American Ninja in 11:26 by pinfall with a Dominator. (E+)

Ron Bass vs. Cocoa Samoa
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Cocoa Samoa defeated Ron Bass in 12:13 when Ron Bass was disqualified when Ron Simmons ran in and attacked Cocoa Samoa. (D)
Ron Bass is improving in Rumble skills. Cocoa Samoa is improving in Performance skills.

Ouch.....I tried a show without Windham or Allen and I won't be doing that again....

The American Ninja resigns for $150 PPA.

I forgot about Bull Ramos in my rundown. He's $800 PPA with 9 months left. I figured since he's "Occasional Wrestler" he wouldn't want to appear much, but it's time to suck it up old man, you're going to appear, at least in angles, a lot more.

Big Time Wrestling gets another season at the same (crappy) deal.

Barry Windham's new deal: He gets $2000 PPA (would not go for $1500), $1500 downside and 10% of merch. sales.

Brian Pillman resigns for $450 PPA.

Rick Hunter resigns for $600 PPA.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #67
sabotai
General Manager

Decided to set a budget for myself for each card. Dark Match: $750, Opening Match: $1000, 2nd Match: $1000, 3rd match: $2000 and Main Event $4000. 4 times a month, it looks like this:

Dark Match - $750 x 4 = $3000

Opening Match - $1000 x 4 = $4000

2nd Match - $1000 x 4 = $4000

3rd Match - $2000 x 4 = $8000

Main Event - $4000 x 4 = $16000

Total: $34000

Now, factoring in the other talent:
Don Cuss - $600 per show (9 months left)
Dutch Savage: $900 per show (15 months left)
Sandy Barr (Referee): $1200 per show (51 months left)
Tony Borne (road agent): $800 per show (39 months left)
Scott Gonzales (referee): $600 per show (9 months left)

Total: $4100 per show x 4 = $16400

$16400 + $34000 = $50400

Add Don Owen's (the owner) $2000 per month, and that comes to $52,400. Which is roughly what I get in sponsor money and is about $10k-$20k less than what I typically spend. That should get me profitable again. Right now, I'm close to, but not quite, breaking even.

Some rules: Workers can only appear in angles if they have a match that night, unless their per-show pay is made up for in the matches. For example, if I spend $500 on a Dark Match, then I can have a $250 per show worker show up in the card in just an angle, but I'll try not to do that to save money. Money saved from one match can be transferred to another match or card. So if I spend $500 on a Dark Match, I can then spend $1250 on the opening match. Or save it for next week's card. I can combine matches, so if I want a tag team match for the main event, I can add the 3rd match to the main event for a budget of $6000, plus any savings from previous matches, but the card will then only have 3 matches.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #68
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, November 1987

Attendance: 1,583

The American Ninja vs. Mark Callous (Dark Match)
In an extremely poor match, The American Ninja defeated Mark Callous in 8:37 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. (E+)

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Bad News Allen and Cocoa Samoa from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Top Gun vs. Shane Douglas
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Top Gun defeated Shane Douglas in 8:49 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (D-)
Shane Douglas is improving in Performance skills.

Bad News Allen had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Cocoa Samoa. (C-)

Brady Boone vs. Eddie Guerrero
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brady Boone defeated Eddie Guerrero in 8:38 by pinfall. (D-)

Cocoa Samoa had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Bad News Allen. (D+)

Ricky Santana vs. Brian Pillman (TV Title Match)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ricky Santana defeated Brian Pillman in 10:26 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. Ricky Santana makes defence number 3 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (D)

Cocoa Samoa vs. Bad News Allen
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Bad News Allen defeated Cocoa Samoa in 12:16 by pinfall with a Ghetto Blaster. (D)
Cocoa Samoa and Bad News Allen don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

The show came it at $3000 under my worker budget. Looking at it, it would have been good to end it with a Windham - Allen brawl to give the card a bit of a boost, but that $3000 will carry over to next card where I'll use that for a main event tag match with Samoa and Windham vs. Allen and Bass. And then end the show with an all out brawl. See how that goes.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #69
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, November 1987

Attendance: 1,638

2 Locker room incidents. 1, Brian Adams brought everyone's mood up with spot in impressions of his colleagues. 2) Eddie Gilbert got into an altercation with a fan outside the arena. Wrong move Gilbert. I fine him. "I can't believe you're making a big deal about this. Nothing even happened" was his response. Fine, I am now going to terminate his contract. Guess I just needed an excuse to dump him.

Brian Pillman vs. 2 Cold Scorpio (Dark Match)
In an extremely poor match, Brian Pillman defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 8:14 by submission with a Crucifix Armbar. (E+)
2 Cold Scorpio was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Windham and Cocoa and Bad News and Bass from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Brady Boone vs. Steve Doll
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brady Boone defeated Steve Doll in 8:41 by pinfall. (E+)

Rick Steiner vs. Mick Foley
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Steiner defeated Mick Foley in 9:07 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (D-)

Ron Simmons vs. Bam Bam Bigalow
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Ron Simmons in 9:35 by disqualification. (D+)
Ron Simmons and Bam Bam Bigelow have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Barry Windham and Cocoa Samoa vs. Bad News Allen and Ron Bass
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Barry Windham and Cocoa Samoa drew with Bad News Allen and Ron Bass in 10:25 following a double disqualification. (C)
Cocoa Samoa is improving in Performance skills. Ron Bass is improving in Rumble skills.

The bell has sounded, yet Windham and Cocoa and Bad News and Bass continue to do battle with each other all the way to the backstage area. (D)

With the $3000 I saved from last week, this show barely comes in under budget.

Maybe I should make this a routine, save up on one show, and then use it for a great show the next week. Worked out well for this week's card.

Simmons and Bigalow have great chemistry. Good to know, future feud there.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #70
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, November 1987

Attendance: 1,508

The American Ninja vs. 2 Cold Scorpio (Dark Match)
In an extremely poor match, The American Ninja defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 8:15 by pinfall with a Choke Slam.
The American Ninja and 2 Cold Scorpio just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances.

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Ron Simmons from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Brady Boone vs. Eddie Guerrero
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brady Boone defeated Eddie Guerrero in 9:08 by pinfall. (D-)

Cocoa Samoa vs. Shane Douglas
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Cocoa Samoa defeated Shane Douglas in 8:08 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E+)
Cocoa Samoa is improving in Performance skills.

Bam Bam Bigalow vs. Top Gun
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Top Gun in 8:59 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D-)

Barry Windham vs. Ron Simmons (PNW Heavyweight Title Match)
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Barry Windham defeated Ron Simmons in 10:39 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. Barry Windham makes defence number 3 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (D+)

After the match, Bull Ramos comes down to the ring. He talks about his great legacy and how much he feels he still has something left in the tank. He challenges Barry Windham to a Texas Bull Rope Match for the title in 2 weeks. Windham accepts. (C)

Saved up just enough to pay for Ramos' per show wage to bring him out in the angle.

Next week, Ramos will have a warm up match and then in 2 weeks, Texas Bull Rope match with Windham.

Mick Foley resigns for $700 PPA, and I'm going to see about giving him a push now.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #71
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, December 1987

Attendance: 1,000

I decided to start hosting the show in a smaller building. It'll mean less in ticket sales, but for the last several months, ticket sales and show costs have canceled each other out. This will make it so I take in more ticket sales than I spend on show costs. I'll go back to the 2000 person arena when I start getting projections of 1700+ at my shows.

Scott Peterson vs. 2 Cold Scorpio (Dark Match)
In an extremely poor match, Scott Peterson defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 8:21 by pinfall. (E)

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Bull Ramos and Bam Bam Bigelow from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Brady Boone vs. Art Barr
In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Brady Boone defeated Art Barr in 7:46 by pinfall with a Moonsault. (E+)
The match was too long given who was involved.

Rick Steiner vs. Mark Callous
In an extremely poor match, Rick Steiner defeated Mark Callous in 8:11 by pinfall with a Steinerline. (E+)

Shane Douglas vs. Top Gun
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Top Gun defeated Shane Douglas in 10:03 by pinfall with an Assassin Splash. (D-)

Bull Ramos vs. Bam Bam Bigalow
In a bout that had great heat and some decent in-ring action, Bull Ramos defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 11:31 by pinfall with a Flying Body Press. (D+)
Bull Ramos was visibly tiring toward the end. The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown.

Barry Windham comes out and talks to Bull Ramos. The fans enjoy the verbal back and forth until Ramos says something that gets under Windham's skin. The two almost come to blows but they are separated. (C-)

I was told that Ramos' character is becoming stale. I should have him turn or change gimmicks.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:22 PM   #72
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, December 1987

Steve Doll vs Shane Douglas (Dark Match)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Steve Doll defeated Shane Douglas in 8:03 by pinfall. (E+)

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Bull Ramos from the comfort of their announcers table. (C) A music video is played showing Bull Ramos' career highlights. (B-)

Brian Pillman vs. Eddie Guerrero
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Eddie Guerrero in 7:45 by submission with a Crucifix Armbar. (D-)

Mick Foley vs. Art Barr
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Mick Foley defeated Art Barr in 8:15 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (E)
The match was too long given who was involved.

Barry Windham had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Bull Ramos. (C)

Ron Simmons vs. Mark Callous
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Ron Simmons defeated Mark Callous in 10:17 by pinfall with a Dominator. (E+)
Ron Simmons seemed off his game tonight. Ron Simmons and Mark Callous have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Barry Windham vs. Bull Ramos (PNW Heavyweight Title Match)
In a match that had a fantastic crowd and good action, Barry Windham defeated Bull Ramos in 12:25 when Bull Ramos was knocked out. Barry Windham makes defence number 4 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C)

My lack of faces got me a bit today. I wanted to get Ron Simmons in there but didn't really have anyone to go against him. Two heel-vs-heel matches brought it down.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #73
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, December 1987

Top Gun renegotiated. Short Term deal for $800 PPA, $100 less than what he was making.

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Cocoa Samoa and Ron Bass from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Bad News Allen and Bam Bam Bigelow from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Brian Pillman vs Art Barr
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Art Barr in 5:58 by submission with a Crucifix Armbar. (D-)
Brian Pillman and Art Barr have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. Art Barr is improving in Rumble skills.

Brady Boone vs. 2 Cold Scorpio
In an extremely poor match, Brady Boone defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 8:28 by pinfall. (E)

Cocoa Samoa vs. Ron Bass
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Cocoa Samoa defeated Ron Bass in 10:57 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D)
Cocoa Samoa is improving in Performance skills. Ron Bass is improving in Rumble skills.

Bad News Allen vs. Bam Bam Bigalow
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Bad News Allen defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 11:43 by pinfall with a Ghetto Blaster. (D+)
Bam Bam Bigelow seemed off his game tonight.

After the match, Bad News Allen calls out Barry Windham to have a chat. Windham comes down to the ring and as soon as he enters the ring, Allen attacks. The two brawl for several minutes before finally being pulled apart. (C-)

Old 07-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #74
sabotai
General Manager

New Signings

A few faces for the heels to beat up on.

Barry Horowitz - 27yo American. Face. Middleweight Technician. C- Mat, decent physical, pretty good performance. Independent Name. $400 PPA opener.

Scott Armstrong - 28yo American. Face. Lightweight Regular Wrestler. C- Brawling, decent physical, decent performance. Virtually Unknown. $300 PPA opener.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #75
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, December 1987

The American Ninja vs. Art Barr (Dark Match)
In an extremely short match, The American Ninja defeated Art Barr in 5:13 by pinfall with a Twilt-a-Whirl Backbreaker. (E+)
The American Ninja is starting to become a little stale in his current role.

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Ron Simmons from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Bam Bam Bigalow vs Mark Callous
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Mark Callous in 7:47 by pinfall with a Diving Headbutt. (E+)

Ron Simmons had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Barry Windham. (D+)

Cocoa Samoa vs Steve Doll
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Cocoa Samoa defeated Steve Doll in 9:20 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D-)

Barry Windham had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ron Simmons. (D)

Ricky Santana vs. Brady Boone (PNW TV Title)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ricky Santana defeated Brady Boone in 13:31 by pinfall after using a foreign object. Ricky Santana makes defence number 4 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (D+)
Ricky Santana and Brady Boone have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. Ricky Santana is improving in Performance skills.

Barry Windham vs. Ron Simmons (PNW Heavyweight Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Barry Windham defeated Ron Simmons in 9:41 by pinfall with a Superplex. (C-)

Old 07-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #76
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, Jan. 1988

Eddie Guerrero vs. Shane Douglas (Dark Match)
In an extremely poor match, Eddie Guerrero defeated Shane Douglas in 6:35 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. (E+)

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Cocoa Samoa and Ron Bass from the comfort of their announcers table. (D)

Rick Steiner vs. Art Barr
In an extremely short match, Rick Steiner defeated Art Barr in 5:18 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (E)

Cocoa Samoa had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ron Bass. (D)

Brady Boone vs. 2 Cold Scorpio
In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Brady Boone defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 7:17 by pinfall. (E)
2 Cold Scorpio seemed off his game tonight.

Ron Bass had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Cocoa Samoa. (D)

Bam Bam Bigalow vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Scott Peterson in 9:54 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (E+)
Scott Peterson seemed off his game tonight. Scott Peterson is improving in Rumble skills.

Ron Bass vs Cocoa Samoa
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Ron Bass defeated Cocoa Samoa in 12:04 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (D+)
Ron Bass is improving in Rumble skills. Cocoa Samoa is improving in Performance skills.

Old 07-17-2011, 04:55 PM   #77
sabotai
General Manager

Signings

Ted DiBiase - 33yo American. Heel. Light Heavyweight Regular Wrestler. Bs in Brawl, Puroresu, Mat, Chain, Submissions. Bs in Mic, Charisma, Acting. B- Toughness, C+ Athleticism, A Stamina, A* Basics, A Psych, B+ Safety, A Consistency, B Selling, B Star Quality. D+ Pop in NW, Main Eventer. Not sure why even wanted to be with a Fed as small as mine, but I have him at $2000 PPA for 9 months and I'm going to use him. Windham has a new guy to feud with.

Curt Hennig - 29yo American. Face. Light Heavyweight Technician. C Brawling, Bs in Mat, Chain and Submissions. C+ Mic, C+ Charisma, B- Acting. B Athl, B- Tough, A Stam, Bs in all Performances, B- Star Quality. $2000 PPA, and 10% Merch Sales. He's already a C popularity in the NW so for the 9 months I have him, before he realizes he's too big of a star for my Fed, I'm going to use him a lot as well.

Curt Hennig vs. Ted Dibiase feed?

As long as I stick to my budget, these guys shouldn't hurt my bottom line, which improved quite a bit last month. The switch to a smaller arena did a great deal of good. Before, my show costs were $32k per month and I took in ~$30-32k per month in ticket sales. Now it's $20k in ticket sales but only $4k in Show costs, giving me an extra $16k per month and gave me a profit for the first time in several months.

But, I've got to stick to my budget. My worker costs dipped under $60k last month, the first time it's been that low since my first month.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-17-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #78
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Awesome work Sab.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #79
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, Jan. 1988

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Ron Bass from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rick Steiner defeated Mark Callous in 8:46 by pinfall with a Steinerline. (E+)
Rick Steiner is improving in Flying skills.

Steve Doll vs. Scott Armstrong
In an extremely poor match, Steve Doll defeated Scott Armstrong in 8:25 by pinfall. (E)

Top Gun vs. Barry Horowitz
In an extremely poor match, Top Gun defeated Barry Horowitz in 9:41 by pinfall with an Assassin Splash. (E+)
Top Gun and Barry Horowitz don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Barry Windham vs. Ron Bass (PNW Heavyweight Title Match)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Barry Windham defeated Ron Bass in 11:52 by pinfall with a Superplex. Barry Windham makes defence number 5 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (D+)
Barry Windham and Ron Bass don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. Ron Bass is improving in Rumble skills.

After the match, Ted Dibiase walks out to the ring. Him and Barry Windham have a verbal exchange in which DiBiase makes his intentions clear. He came to the north west to take the title from Windham. Windham welcomed him to try....after he proves his worth. (D+)

Spent little on the first three matches and dropped the Dark Match so I could get DiBiase in the angle at the end. Was hoping for a bit better rating on the angle, but he just showed up and only has a D+ pop in the region.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #80
sabotai
General Manager

I started a 4 person unchained storyline with Barry Windham and Curt Hennig vs. Bad News Allen and Ted DiBiase.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-17-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #81
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, Jan. 1988

Brian Pillman and Eddie Guerrero have become friends.

Brian Pillman vs 2 Cold Scorpio (Dark Match)
In an extremely poor match, Brian Pillman defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 6:34 by pinfall with a Flying Corkscrew Crossbody. (E+)

(The Show Begins...)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Ted DiBiase and Cocoa Samoa from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Brady Boone vs Art Barr
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brady Boone defeated Art Barr in 6:37 by pinfall with a Moonsault. (E+)

Curt Hennig had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Rick Hunter. (E+)

Mick Foley vs. Scott Armstrong
In an extremely poor match, Mick Foley defeated Scott Armstrong in 7:56 by pinfall with a Double Arm DDT. (E)
Mick Foley was really off his game tonight.

Ted DiBiase had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Cocoa Samoa. (D)

Curt Hennig vs. Rick Hunter
In a bout that had solid in-ring action and average heat, Curt Hennig defeated Rick Hunter in 11:44 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. (D+)
Curt Hennig and Rick Hunter have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. Rick Hunter is improving in Technical skills. Rick Hunter is improving in Performance skills.

Ted Dibiase vs. Cocoa Samoa
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Ted DiBiase defeated Cocoa Samoa in 11:49 by submission with a Million Dollar Dream after blatantly cheating. (C-)

Old 07-25-2011, 08:56 PM   #82
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, January 1988

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Bad News Allen and Curt Hennig from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Ron Simmons vs. Barry Horowitz
In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Ron Simmons defeated Barry Horowitz in 7:14 by pinfall with a Spinebuster. (E+)

Bad News Allen had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Curt Hennig. (C-)

Cocoa Samoa vs. Art Barr
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Cocoa Samoa defeated Art Barr in 5:42 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D)

Curt Hennig had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Bad News Allen. (C-)

Ricky Santana vs. Brady Boone (TV Title Match)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ricky Santana drew with Brady Boone in 15:00 when the time limit expired. (D)

Curt Hennig vs. Bad News Allen
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Curt Hennig defeated Bad News Allen in 10:54 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. (C-)
Bad News Allen was visibly tiring toward the end.

I was told that I should turn Ricky Santana or try a new gimmick with him since his character has gotten stale.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #83
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, February 1988

Two locker room incidents. Scott Peterson has lifted spirits with some spot on impressions and Ted DiBiase has taken Mick Foley on as his protege.

(The Show Begins...)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Bam Bam Bigelow and Ted DiBiase from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Brian Pillman vs. Steve Doll
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Steve Doll in 8:27 by pinfall with a Flying Corkscrew Crossbody. (E+)

Mick Foley vs. Scott Armstrong
In an extremely poor match, Mick Foley defeated Scott Armstrong in 7:32 by pinfall with a handful of tights. (D-)
Scott Armstrong is improving in Rumble skills.

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rick Steiner defeated Mark Callous in 8:20 by pinfall with a Steinerline. (E+)
Rick Steiner is improving in Rumble skills.

Ted DiBiase vs. Bam Bam Bigalow
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Ted DiBiase defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 12:56 by submission with a Million Dollar Dream after blatantly cheating. (D+)

Ted DiBiase demands that Barry Windham defend his title against him. Windham comes out and states that DiBiase can't seem to win a match without cheating. They go back and forth until Windham agrees to face DiBiase in a steel cage match. (D+)

Old 07-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #84
sabotai
General Manager

Scott Peterson agreed to a $100 PPA contract, a pay cut of $250 PPA. Thank you for that Mr. Peterson and you will be getting used more often.

Cocoa Samoa wanted $1500 PPA. I end negotiations and his contract will expire in a few weeks.

Art Barr wanted $250 PPA. Sorry buddy, enhancement talent doesn't make more than $100 PPA so his contract will expire in a month.

Ricky Santana resigns for $900 PPA, a $100 PPA increase.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-25-2011 at 09:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #85
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, February 1988

Attendance: 1000

Lock room incident. Bad News Allen was the focal point of an incident between him and Ron Bass. I fine him.

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Curt Hennig and Ted DiBiase from the comfort of their announcers table. If DiBiase wins this match, he gets his steel cage match vs. Windham. (D+)

Brian Pillman vs. 2 Cold Scorpio
In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Brian Pillman defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 6:53 by pinfall with a Leaping Thrusting Lariat. (E+)
Brian Pillman was really off his game tonight.

Curt Hennig had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ted DiBiase. (C-)

Rick Steiner vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction but featured terrible wrestling, Rick Steiner defeated Scott Peterson in 8:04 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (D-)
Rick Steiner and Scott Peterson have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Ted DiBiase had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Curt Hennig. (C-)

Ron Simmons vs. Cocoa Samoa
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Ron Simmons defeated Cocoa Samoa in 9:51 by pinfall with a Dominator. (D)

Ted DiBiase vs. Curt Hennig
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Ted DiBiase defeated Curt Hennig in 14:13 by submission with a Million Dollar Dream after blatantly cheating. (C)

Old 07-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #86
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, February 1988

Almost treated this one like a mini PPV. 3 Main Event matches. I've been under budget for the first two weeks, plus I'm only doing 3 matches, so it shouldn't be too bad financially.

(The Show Begins....)

Ted DiBiase had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Barry Windham. (C)

Bad News All vs. Bam Bam Bigalow
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Bad News Allen defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 7:55 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. (D+)
Bad News Allen was really off his game tonight. Bam Bam Bigelow is improving in Rumble skills.

Barry Windham had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ted DiBiase. (C-)

Curt Hennig vs. Ron Bass
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Curt Hennig defeated Ron Bass in 11:51 when Ron Bass was disqualified when Bad News Allen ran in and attacked Curt Hennig. (C-)

Barry Windham vs. Ted DiBiase (Cage Match - Heavyweight Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Ted DiBiase defeated Barry Windham in 16:50 by pinfall. Ted DiBiase wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C+)

Final Rating: C
Old 07-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #87
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, February 1988

Rick Hunter has announced he will retire so I'm probably not going to be using him anymore.

After last week's show, I really scaled back the spending for this one.

(The Show Begins....)

Eddie Guerrero vs Art Barr
In an extremely poor match, Eddie Guerrero defeated Art Barr in 6:41 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. (E)
Art Barr was really off his game tonight.

Brady Boone had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ricky Santana. (E+)

Top Gun vs Barry Horowitz
In an extremely poor match, Top Gun defeated Barry Horowitz in 9:16 by pinfall with an Assassin Splash. (E)
Top Gun and Barry Horowitz don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Ricky Santana had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Brady Boone. (D-)

Rick Steiner vs. Steve Doll
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Steiner defeated Steve Doll in 9:27 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (E+)

Ricky Santana vs. Brady Boone (TV Title Match)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brady Boone defeated Ricky Santana in 17:08 by pinfall. Brady Boone wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (D)
Brady Boone was visibly tiring toward the end. Ricky Santana was visibly tiring toward the end.

And that one hurts. That will end the Santana vs. Boone feud. Boone will hold the title for a bit, and Santana is going to get a new gimmick and maybe a manager.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #88
sabotai
General Manager

New Signings

Cocoa Samoa and Art Barr are now officially gone from PNW

Scott Levy - 23yo American. Opener Heel. Middleweight Brawler. Performances are all in the Cs, C Charisma, C+ Acting, B- Mic, C Brawling, C Hardcore, C+ Toughness, C+ Stamina. Will be decent in angles. Could be a solid worker in the future if he gains some popularity. $150 PPA

Rick Rude - 29yo American. Midcard Heel. Middleweight Regular Wrestler. C Brawling, C Mic, B Charisma, B- Acting, B- Athl, B- Toughness, B Stam, C+ to B- in Performances, E Popularity in NW. I figure him dominating in the midcard ranks for a bit will quickly gain him some Pop and then I can push him higher. $700 PPA
Old 07-26-2011, 05:24 PM   #89
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, March 1988

(The Show Begins....)

Mick Foley vs Shane Douglas
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Mick Foley defeated Shane Douglas in 7:56 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (D-)

Bad News Allen had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Curt Hennig. (D+)

Brian Pillman vs Scott Levy
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Brian Pillman defeated Scott Levy in 8:11 by submission with a Crucifix Armbar. (D-)

Curt Hennig had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Bad News Allen. (D+)

Ron Simmons vs. Scott Armstrong
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Ron Simmons defeated Scott Armstrong in 9:22 by pinfall with a Spinebuster. (E+)
Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside.

Curt Hennig vs. Bad News Allen
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Curt Hennig defeated Bad News Allen in 12:49 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. (D+)

Last edited by sabotai : 07-26-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:53 PM   #90
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, March 1988

(The Show Begins)

Rick Rude vs. Scott Armstrong
In an extremely poor match, Rick Rude defeated Scott Armstrong in 7:58 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (E+)
Rick Rude and Scott Armstrong don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Brian Pillman vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Scott Peterson in 8:31 by submission with a Crucifix Armbar. (D)

Barry Windham had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Bad News Allen. (D+)

Brady Boone vs. Eddie Guerrero (TV Title Match)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brady Boone defeated Eddie Guerrero in 9:21 by pinfall. Brady Boone makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (D)

Barry Windham vs. Bad News Allen
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Bad News Allen defeated Barry Windham in 12:13 by pinfall with a Ghetto Blaster following interference from Doctor Claw. (C)

Following the match, Ted DiBiase comes out and taunts Windham. (C-)

Top Gun accepts a short term deal that pays $700 PPA, a pay decrease of $100 PPA

Bad News Allen doesn't look like he wants to stay with PNW. His demands are pretty high. He cut off talks after only 2 proposals....so I guess that's that.

Eddie Guerrero resigns for a 3 month short term deal at $450 PPA (his current deal)

New Signings

Sid Vicious - 27yo American. Midcard Heel. Super Heavyweight Brawler. B- Charisma, C Acting, B Toughness, B+ Power, A* Menace, B+ Star Quality. Not much in way of in ring talent, but he only cost me $100 PPA. I'll have him destroy the lower level guys, maybe do some angles with him and see if he can get over quickly. His pop is F- in NW right now.

Rick Martel - 31yo Canadian. Main Event Heel. Light Heavyweight Regular Wrestler. C Mat, C+ Chain, C+ Flashiness, C Charisma, D+ Acting, B Athl, B+ Stam, Bs in all Performances, $2000 PPA. He's already got the Popularity (C-). Since Bad News Allen is walking on me, he'll move right into his Main Event slot.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #91
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post

Sid Vicious - 27yo American. Midcard Heel. Super Heavyweight Brawler. B- Charisma, C Acting, B Toughness, B+ Power, A* Menace, B+ Star Quality. ... His pop is F- in NW right now.

With that combination of menace & star quality I suspect you'll be able to get him over fairly steadily for a good while.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #92
sabotai
General Manager

Here's hoping you're right.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #93
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, March 1988

Attendance: 2,000

Sid Vicious vs. Barry Horowitz
In an extremely poor match, Sid Vicious defeated Barry Horowitz in 6:09 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (F+)

After the match, Sid Vicious walks around intimidating the crowd and ringside officials. (C-)

Rick Rude vs. Brian Pillman
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Rude defeated Brian Pillman in 8:40 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (D-)

Ron Bass vs. Shane Douglas
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ron Bass defeated Shane Douglas in 9:36 by pinfall with a Piledriver. (D)

Barry Windham vs. Bad News Allen
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Barry Windham defeated Bad News Allen in 12:12 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. (E+)
Bad News Allen was visibly tiring toward the end. This was the worst of the recent matches between these competitors and that only served to magnify its flaws. As the fourth time this match-up has been done recently, it needed to be much better.

After the match, Ted DiBiase attacks a tired Barry Windham and the two brawl to close out the show. (C-)

I advanced booked the match between Windham and Allen. In retrospect, I should have changed it and taken the hit rather than have them go at it for the 4th time. When I booked it, I thought enough time had passed.

Just when I gain enough popularity to start using the 2k arena again, I might have gone and thrown that away.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #94
sabotai
General Manager

I decided I need more titles. Since I've ended the tag division for now, I created another singles title to help spread the love.

Introducing the NWA Pacific Northwest Middleweight title. Max size of course if Middleweight and it's a Midcard belt. The TV title has kinda been in control by the middleweights for awhile. I want to transition that TV title to the bigger midcard guys and have the smaller guys have their own title.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #95
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, March 1988

Locker Room Incident: Bad News Allen is at it again. This time with Scott Steiner. Since Allen is leaving soon, I decide to get back a bit of my money and Fine him.

(The Show Begins...)

Sid Vicious vs. Shane Douglas
In an extremely poor match, Sid Vicious defeated Shane Douglas in 6:58 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (E)
Sid Vicious was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

After the match, Sid Vicious walks around intimidating everyone. (C)

Brian Pillman vs. Steve Doll (Vacant Middleweight Title)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brian Pillman defeated Steve Doll in 9:34 by pinfall with a Leaping Thrusting Lariat. Brian Pillman wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Middleweight title. (D)

Ron Bass vs. Brady Boone (TV Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Ron Bass defeated Brady Boone in 10:45 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Ron Bass wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (C-)

Ron Simmons vs. Curt Hennig
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Curt Hennig defeated Ron Simmons in 12:45 when Ron Simmons was disqualified when Rick Martel ran in and attacked Curt Hennig. (C-)

Simmons and Martel continue to attack Hennig after the match. (D)

I want to keep Ron Bass around and I promised him at least a midcard title run, so he gets the title.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:10 PM   #96
sabotai
General Manager

Curt Hennig gets an offer from NJPW to tour with them and I see my plans going up in smoke fast.....
Old 07-27-2011, 10:12 PM   #97
sabotai
General Manager

Ron Bass resigns for the same deal. $1500 PPA and a midcard title run
Old 07-27-2011, 10:24 PM   #98
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, April 1988

Bad News Allen again with an incident, another Fine.

(The Show Begins....)

Sid Vicious vs. Scott Armstrong
In an extremely poor match, Sid Vicious defeated Scott Armstrong in 6:24 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (E)
Sid Vicious and Scott Armstrong have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match.
After the match, Sid walks around intimidating everyone. (C)

Rick Rude vs Shane Douglas
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rick Rude defeated Shane Douglas in 8:21 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. (D)
Rick Rude and Shane Douglas have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Rick Steiner vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Steiner defeated Scott Peterson in 9:16 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (D)
Rick Steiner and Scott Peterson have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Barry Windham vs. Ron Simmons
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Barry Windham defeated Ron Simmons in 11:55 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. (C-)

After the match, Windham calls out DiBiase. DiBiase gets in the ring and the two start talking. Windham wants a rematch and DiBiase says he needs to earn. It gets heated between the two and Don Coss and security have to separate them. (C)
Barry Windham is developing better performance skills. Don Coss is improving at acting. Don Coss is learning to show more charisma.

Old 07-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #99
sabotai
General Manager

And Curt Hennig signs with NJPW. When Sting left, he was already in 3 feds when he signed, so I don't know if this means Hennig will definitely be leaving since NJPW puts him at 3 now. We'll see.

Dutch Savage becomes Head Booker of a new fed called W*ING.

Ted DiBiase gets an offer to tour. He is at 3 feds right now so if he goes, we'll be leaving the PNW.....

*sigh*
Old 07-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #100
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, April 1988

(The Show Begins...)

Barry Windham confronts Ted DiBiase backstage about a rematch. He strikes a nerve and DiBiase agrees to face him. Tonight. In the steel cage! (C)
Doctor Claw helped DiBiase during this segment.

Eddie Guerrero vs. Scott Armstrong
In an extremely poor match, Eddie Guerrero defeated Scott Armstrong in 8:04 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. (E)

Rick Martel vs. Barry Horowitz
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Martel defeated Barry Horowitz in 8:04 by submission with a Boston Crab. (D)
The performance of Rick Martel stood out as being good.

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Ted DiBiase from the comfort of their announcers table. (C)

Ted DiBiase vs. Barry Windham (Pacific Northwest Heavyweight Title)
In a match that had a fantastic crowd and great wrestling action, Barry Windham defeated Ted DiBiase in 22:42 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. Barry Windham wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C)

Barry Windham celebrates in the ring. (C)