Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #101
sabotai
General Manager

Ted DiBiase is officially leaving.

Barry Windham gets an offer from W*ING. He signs a PPA with them, and he's becoming stretched as that's his 3rd fed (I'm 2nd on his priority list).

Brian Pillman signs a PPA with JCP, making that his 3rd fed (I'm 3rd on his priority list)
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:56 PM   #102
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, April 1988

Attendance: 2,000

I basically repeat last week's card with a few changes. I get one more card with DiBiase so I might as well use it. Rubber match!

(The Show Begins...)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Barry Windham and Ted DiBiase from the comfort of their announcers table. (C)

Mark Callous vs. Scott Armstrong
In an extremely poor match, Mark Callous defeated Scott Armstrong in 6:18 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. (E-)
Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside.

Rick Martel vs. Rick Steiner
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Rick Martel defeated Rick Steiner in 9:17 by submission with a Boston Crab after blatantly cheating. (D+)

Barry Windham vs. Ted DiBiase (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a match that had a fantastic crowd and great wrestling action, Barry Windham defeated Ted DiBiase in 26:26 by pinfall with a Superplex. Barry Windham makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C-)

Having picked up the victory, Barry Windham celebrates in the ring. (C+)

Final Rating: D+
Old 07-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #103
sabotai
General Manager

New Signing

Stan Lane
- 34yo American. Upper Midcard Heel. Middleweight Regular Wrestler. C Brawling, C Flashiness, C Charisma, C+ Acting, Bs in all Performances, C+ Athl, B+ Stam. Only E Pop in NW. $900 PPA. Will get a decent push and see what happens.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:08 PM   #104
sabotai
General Manager

Ron Simmons resigns for a deal that pays $1000 PPA, $500 less than his current deal.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #105
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, April 1988

Attendance: 1,866

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Curt Hennig and Rick Martel from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Ron Bass comes out to the ring to tell the audience how great he is. (D)

Rick Rude vs. Shane Douglas
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rick Rude defeated Shane Douglas in 9:50 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (D+)
Rick Rude and Shane Douglas have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Sid Vicious vs. 2 Cold Scorpio
In an extremely poor match, Sid Vicious defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 5:44 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (E-)

Brady Boone vs. Scott Levy
In an extremely poor match, Brady Boone defeated Scott Levy in 6:50 by pinfall. (E+)

A video plays hyping Curt Hennig vs. Rick Martel. (C-)

Curt Hennig vs. Rick Martel
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Rick Martel defeated Curt Hennig in 13:38 by submission with a Boston Crab after interference from Doctor Claw. (C-)

Rick Steiner resigns at $700 PPA, $200 less than his previous contract.

A short rundown of the storylines, since a few of them just ended abruptly as a few people left.

Rick Rude Push - several steps in. Heat: D+ After a few more wins, he'll have a short feud with Brady Boone.

Bass and Bigalow - Just started. They'll feud over the TV Title for awhile. Heat: D

Hennig and Martel - Just started. While Windham occasionally defends against random heels, I'm using this to hopefully build these two guys up. Maybe I'll have Martel win the title at some point soon and have Hennig and Martel feud over the title. Heat: C-

I might have Stan Lane and Rick Steiner feud as well. And possibly find another midcard storyline or two.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #106
sabotai
General Manager

The UWF is no more. They just went bankrupt.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:30 PM   #107
sabotai
General Manager

I decide to terminate Scott Levy's contract. He's not giving me much and he's a very negative influence on the backstage.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #108
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, May 1988

Attendance: 1,778

Brady Boone vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brady Boone defeated Scott Peterson in 7:38 by pinfall. (D-)

Stan Lane vs Barry Horowitz
In an extremely poor match, Stan Lane defeated Barry Horowitz in 7:49 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. (E)

Rick Rude vs Shane Douglas
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rick Rude defeated Shane Douglas in 10:16 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (D)

Rick Martel comes to the ring and challenges Curt Hennig to a match. (C-)
Doctor Claw helped Martel during this segment.

Bam Bam Bigalow vs. Top Gun
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Top Gun in 12:58 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D-)

After the match, Bigalow issues a challenge to Ron Bass. (E)

Final Rating: D-

Kinda mailed this one in. Wanted to get these storylines moving.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:02 PM   #109
sabotai
General Manager

New Signing

Terry Taylor - 32yo American. Midcard Face. Middleweight Regular Wrestler. C Brawling, C- Mat, C- Chain, not so good Entertainment, C+-Bs in Performance. $1000 PPA is a high price to pay for a midcard worker. Once he gets over some, he'll move up to upper midcard.

One Man Gang - 28yo American. Upper Midcard Heel. Super Heavyweight Brawler. C Brawling, C+ Charisma, C Acting, B Toughness, B Power, Cs-B- in Performance but he can't sell. B- Star Quality, B Menace. He already has D+ Pop in NW so he'll come in and be able to immediately contribute. $1500 PPA.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:14 PM   #110
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, May 1988

Attendance: 1,000

Sid Vicious vs. Shane Douglas
In an extremely poor match, Sid Vicious defeated Shane Douglas in 5:37 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (E+)

Mark Callous vs. Scott Armstrong
In an extremely poor match, Mark Callous defeated Scott Armstrong in 7:26 by pinfall with a Tombstone. (E-)
Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside. Mark Callous is improving in Performance skills.

Barry Windham had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Top Gun. (D-)
The performance of Barry Windham was good.

Rick Rude vs. Scott Steiner
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Rude defeated Rick Steiner in 11:11 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. (D)
Rick Rude seemed off his game tonight.

Rick Martel has an interview in which he taunts Curt Hennig. (D+)

Barry Windham vs. Top Gun (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Barry Windham defeated Top Gun in 12:22 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. Barry Windham makes defence number 2 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (D+)

Final Rating: D
Old 07-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #111
sabotai
General Manager

Top Gun is in the final month of his contract (he keeps wanting to just sign short term deals). I'm going to let it expire. Roster is getting crowded.

For the first time ever, Big Time Wrestling gets a higher than 0.00 rating.....0.01!
Old 07-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #112
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, May 1988

Steve Doll vs. Shane Douglas
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Steve Doll defeated Shane Douglas in 8:10 by pinfall. (E)

Stan Lane vs. Scott Armstrong
In an extremely poor match, Stan Lane defeated Scott Armstrong in 7:32 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (E)

Ron Bass vs. Bam Bam Bigalow (Pacific Northwest TV Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Ron Bass in 12:56 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. Bam Bam Bigelow wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (D)
Ron Bass and Bam Bam Bigelow don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. Bam Bam Bigelow is improving in Technical skills.

After the match, Bigalow celebrates his win. (E+)

Curt Hennig vs. Ron Simmons
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Curt Hennig defeated Ron Simmons in 13:21 by disqualification. (D)

After the match, Simmons continues to attack Hennig (E+)

Re: Ron Bass.....hmmm.....can't seem to find an opponent for him....

I've really done poorly this month. Losing DiBiase really hurt my plans and now I am trying to shuffle everyone around....

Last edited by sabotai : 07-29-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #113
sabotai
General Manager

Eddie Guerrero agrees to a short term, 3 month deal at $400 PPA, $50 less than his previous contract. I also pushed him up to midcarder. The plan is to have a 4-way feud with Pillman and Boone vs. Guerrero and Ricky Santana, with them giving the Middleweight title back and forth, and wrestling in a few tag matches to extend to feud.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #114
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, May 1988

Sid Vicious vs. Steve Doll
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Sid Vicious defeated Steve Doll in 6:23 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (E+)
Sid Vicious seemed off his game tonight.

After the match, Sid does his usual menacing angle. (C+)

One Man Gang vs. Barry Horowitz
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, One Man Gang defeated Barry Horowitz in 5:44 by pinfall with a 747. (E+)
One Man Gang is improving in Technical skills.

Brady Boone vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brady Boone defeated Scott Peterson in 8:02 by pinfall. (D-)
Scott Peterson really needs a change to his character desperately.

Rick Steiner vs. Stan Lane
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Stan Lane defeated Rick Steiner in 17:20 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock after blatantly cheating. (D+)
Rick Steiner and Stan Lane have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match.

One Man Gang makes another appearance, calling out Barry Windham. Windham comes out and says that a win over Barry Horowitz is hardly enough to make him a title contender, and that he's scheduled to face Rick Martel next week. One Man Gang tells him that he'll regret snubbing him. (C-)

I'm wondering if my angles are counting towards the card grade. The One Man Gang and Windham angle lasted 10 minutes. I thought that'd be enough to have it count.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:10 PM   #115
sabotai
General Manager

The AWA just fired a bunch of workers. This comes about a month after they hired a bunch.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:18 PM   #116
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, June 1988

Eddie Guerrero vs. Barry Horowitz
In an extremely poor match, Eddie Guerrero defeated Barry Horowitz in 6:49 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. (E)

Terry Taylor vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Terry Taylor defeated Scott Peterson in 6:45 by pinfall with a Five Arm. (E+)

Rick Martel had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Barry Windham. (C)

Brady Boone vs. Ricky Santana

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ricky Santana defeated Brady Boone in 11:57 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (D)
Ricky Santana has now switched to a Fabulous Heel gimmick. It has gotten an initial C+ rating.

Barry Windham vs. Rick Martel (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Rick Martel defeated Barry Windham in 14:56 by submission with a Boston Crab. During the match we also had One Man Gang run in and attack Windham. Rick Martel wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C)

After the match, One Man Gang and Barry Windham brawl to close the show. (D)

Final Rating: C-
Old 07-30-2011, 12:40 PM   #117
sabotai
General Manager

New Signings

I snag a few of the former AWA workers. Ron Simmons looks like he's probably leaving. The WWF just made an offer to him.

Big Van Vader - 31yo American. Upper Midcard Heel. Big Heavyweight Brawler. C+ Brawling, C- Mic, C+ Charisma, C Acting, Bs in all physicals (a big heavyweight that can actually last more than 5 minutes!), Cs-B in Performance but he can't sell, B Star, B+ Menace. Will be basically replacing Ron Simmons in the line up since he's probably heading to the WWF. E+ Pop in NW but that'll probably rise quickly enough. $1500 PPA.

Mike Rotundo - 30yo American. Midcard Heel. Middleweight Technician. C+ Mat, C Chain, C- Submissions, C+ Acting, C+ Athl, B- Tough, B+ Stam, C+-B- in Performances. E- Pop in NW. $900 PPA.

Del Wilkes - 26yo American. Opener Face. Light Heavyweight Regular Wrestler. Good performances and physicals. $100 PPA.

Vampire Hunter
- 19yo American. Opener Heel. Light Heavyweight Regular Wrestler. Pretty much sucks but I need more heel openers. $150 PPA.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:51 PM   #118
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, June 1988

Attendance: 1,957

My backstage area gets a nice boost. 2 Cold Scorpio is friends with Vader and Windham is related to Rotundo.

I move Horowitz and Douglas up to Lower Midcarder.

(The Show Begins)

Barry Windham comes out and says that if One Man Gang wants a fight, he's got one.....tonight! One Man Gang comes out and accepts. (C)

Brian Adams vs. Del Wilkes
In an extremely poor match, Brian Adams defeated Del Wilkes in 5:49 by pinfall with a Choke Slam. (E-)
Brian Adams has now switched to an Old School Heel gimmick. It has gotten an initial D- rating.

Barry Horowitz vs. 2 Cold Scorpio
In an extremely poor match, Barry Horowitz defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 6:33 by pinfall with a Horowitz Roll-Up. (F)
The crowd were totally turned off by having a match between jobbers on the show.

Rick Martel comes to the ring and gloats about winning the HW Title. (C)

Brian Pillman vs. Ricky Santana (Pacific Northwest MW Title)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ricky Santana defeated Brian Pillman in 14:22 by pinfall with a Santana Slam. Ricky Santana wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Middleweight title. (D)

A video plays hyping up the Windham vs. One Man Gang match. (C-)

Barry Windham vs. One Man Gang
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Barry Windham defeated One Man Gang in 11:36 by disqualification. (C)

Old 07-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #119
sabotai
General Manager

New Signings

A few more jobbers

George Hines - 20yo American. Opener Heel. Middleweight Regular Wrestler. Good physicals and not too terrible performances. Another $100 PPA jobber.

Jerry Lynn - 24yo American. Opener Face. Lightweight Japanese Junior. C+ Aerial, C Flashiness, C- Mat, C- Chain, B Athl, B Stam, terrible entertainment, decent performances. A guy who can lose his way up to midcarder, but not go further due to not having any mic skills at all. $100 PPA.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:30 PM   #120
sabotai
General Manager

Roster Rundown

My roster has become quite bloated, but at the same, time, no one is really complaining about it. I have some workers who are irritated, but their happy face in the morale section is still on #4, which is fine with me.

Let's see how well some workers are getting over.

(Name - Pop in NW in July 1987 , Current (June '88) Pop in NW)

Midcard

Brady Boone - E+ , D
Brian Pillman - D- , D-
Eddie Guerrero - E-, E
Mark Callous - F- , F+
Mick Foley - E- , E
Mike Rotundo - Just signed
Rick Rude - E , D-
Sid Vicious - F- , D- (jumped two grades in 3 months, Mar 88 F-, Apr 88 E-, May E+, June D-)
Steve Doll - D- , E (He's gone down since I've used him more like an opener than midcard)

Upper Midcard

Bam Bam Bigalow - D- , D+
Big Van Vader - Just Signed, E+
Rick Steiner - E- , E (been up and down. Need to push him a bit more)
Ricky Santana - D- , D
Ron Bass - D+ , D (I'm doing more harm than good....)
Stan Lane - E , E+ (not bad for 2 matches)
Terry Taylor - E+ , D- (Not bad for 1 match)

Main Eventer

Barry Windham - C- , C+ (Was B-, but it went down a tick when he lost the title)
Curt Hennig - D+ , C-
One Man Gang - D+ , C-
Rick Martel - C- , C+

Contracts up within the next 3 months

Barry Windham, 49 days. Of course, I'll re-sign him.

Bam Bam Bigalow, 39 days. Plan to re-sign

Brady Boone, 2 months and change. Definitely re-sign. He's good and he's cheap.
Brian Pillman, 50 days. Plan to re-sign
Eddie Guerrero, 2 months. Will resign, even though he only wants 3 month short term deals
Mick Foley, 2 months and change. Up in the air. Haven't found much to do with him.

Brian Adams, 45 days. Cheap decent worker, will re-sign
Barry Horowitz, 3 months. Wouldn't resign as opener (too expensive), but maybe he has a future and can lose his way up the card.
Shane Douglas, 3 months. Same as Horowitz. Too expensive as opener, but maybe worth it if he can become a Midcarder soon.

2 Cold Scorpio, 42 days. Will re-sign, I need plenty of openers.
Scott Armstrong, 3 months. Same deal, I need as many openers as I can get.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:46 PM   #121
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, June 1988

Attendance: 1,972

Rick Rude vs. Del Wilkes
In an extremely poor match, Rick Rude defeated Del Wilkes in 7:06 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. (E+)

Eddie Guerrero vs. Jerry Lynn
In an extremely poor match, Eddie Guerrero defeated Jerry Lynn in 8:01 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. (E+)
Jerry Lynn is improving in Performance skills.

Barry Windham had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Rick Martel. (C)

Curt Hennig vs. Steve Doll
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Curt Hennig defeated Steve Doll in 8:45 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. (D)

Curt Hennig has an interview in which he taunts Rick Martel. (D-)

Rick Martel vs. Barry Windham (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had great heat and great wrestling action, Barry Windham defeated Rick Martel in 9:59 when Rick Martel was disqualified when One Man Gang ran in and attacked Barry Windham. (C)

Twice i had it so the main event was Bigalow vs. Bass, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I knew that would mean a D- show at best, so I had a rematch between Martel and Windham. Didn't want to do that so soon, but....oh well.

Bigalow and Bass will have one more match, and I think that might be it for Bass. I just can't seem to find a good opponent for him.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #122
sabotai
General Manager

New Workers

Referees

Sandy Barr pulls in $1200 PPA as a ref (B).
Scott Gonzales is paid $600 PPA as a ref (C+)

I sign Scrappy McGowen as a referee. Not only is he better (B+), I got him for $700PPA. That'll save me $2000 a month over Barr.
I also sign Dick Woehrle as a ref (B+) for $600 PPA to replace Gonzales

Road Agent

Tony Borne is my Road Agent (B) and makes $800 PPA

I sign Killer Kowalski to a deal for $900 PPA as a Road Agent (A).

Announcers

Don Coss is paid $600 as an announcer (C+).

I sign Jim Ross to replace him. $800PPA, but he's a B announcer.

Dutch Savage misses a show from time to time, and I rely on just an announcer for those shows. I sign Joe Pedicino to $500 PPA to sit in for him when he's gone. (C+). Savage is signed to a $900 PPA deal, and he's only 1 tick (B-) above Pedicino, so he might get the boot at some point.

Paying a little more for road agent and announcer, a lot less for a referee, and should save me about $1000 per month with these changes.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-30-2011 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:11 PM   #123
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, June 1988

Attendance: 1,786

Shae Douglas vs. George Hines
In an extremely poor match, Shane Douglas defeated George Hines in 6:54 by pinfall with a Belly to Belly Suplex. (E-)
Shane Douglas was really off his game tonight. Shane Douglas and George Hines have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. George Hines is improving in Performance skills.

Curt Hennig had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Rick Martel. (D+)

Eddie Guerrero vs. Brian Pillman
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Eddie Guerrero drew with Brian Pillman in 11:39 following a double count out. (D)
Brian Pillman is improving in Performance skills.

Rick Martel had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Curt Hennig. (C)

Bam Bam Bigalow vs. Ron Bass (Pacific Northwest TV Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Bam Bam Bigelow defeated Ron Bass in 8:19 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. Bam Bam Bigelow makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (D-)
Bam Bam Bigelow and Ron Bass don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Rick Martel vs. Curt Hennig (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Rick Martel drew with Curt Hennig in 13:28 following a double disqualification. (C)
Rick Martel was really off his game tonight.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #124
sabotai
General Manager

Found out Joe Pedicino is a very negative influence on the backstage. Oh well for that. He's gone.
Old 07-30-2011, 05:43 PM   #125
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, July 1988

Attendance: 1,798

Backstage rating is now 100% after Mick Foley and Del Wilkes strike up a friendship.

Sid Vicious vs George Hines
In an extremely poor match, Sid Vicious defeated George Hines in 6:01 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (E)
Sid Vicious was really off his game tonight.

Sid intimidates everyone. (C+)

Terry Taylor vs. Vampire Hunter
In an extremely poor match, Terry Taylor defeated Vampire Warrior in 7:49 by pinfall with a Five Arm. (E)

One Man Gang vs. Shane Douglas
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, One Man Gang defeated Shane Douglas in 8:55 by pinfall with a Gourdbuster. (D)

Barry Windham vs. Stan Lane
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Barry Windham drew with Stan Lane in 13:50 when the match descended into chaos after Rick Steiner and One Man Gang became involved. (C-)

After the match, the 4 continue to brawl. (D-)

Old 07-30-2011, 05:52 PM   #126
sabotai
General Manager

New Signings

Mil Mascaras - 45yo Mexican. Midcard Face. Middleweight Luchador. C+ Mat, B- Chain, C Submissions, C Mic, B+ Charisma, B Acting, C+ Athl, C+ Stam, A* Basics, A Psych, C-B in the rest of Performances, A Star Quality, Only E+ Pop in NW but as far as I'm concerned, he's a steal at $900 PPA. One more body for my middleweight division and he should put on great matches and angles once he gains some pop.

2 Cold Scorpio signs on for 9 more months at $100 PPA.

Shane Dougles signs on for 9 more months at $400 PPA ($50 PPA less than his previous deal)

Brian Adams signs on for 9 more months at $100 PPA.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:02 PM   #127
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, July 1988

Attendance: 1,948

Mil Mascaras vs. 2 Cold Scorpio
In an extremely poor match, Mil Mascaras defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 7:06 by pinfall with a Flying Bodyblock. (E-)
Mil Mascaras was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. Mil Mascaras and 2 Cold Scorpio just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances.

Steve Doll vs. Jerry Lynn
In an extremely poor match, Steve Doll defeated Jerry Lynn in 7:40 by pinfall. (E+)
Steve Doll is improving in Flying skills.

Brady Boone and Brian Pillman vs. Ricky Santana and Eddie Guerrero
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Brady Boone and Brian Pillman drew with Eddie Guerrero and Ricky Santana in 13:39 when the match descended into chaos. (D-)
Brady Boone really needs a change to his character desperately. Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside. Ricky Santana and Doctor Claw are an awkward pairing, they just have no chemistry whatsoever.

Curt Hennig vs. One Man Gang
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Curt Hennig defeated One Man Gang in 13:20 when One Man Gang was disqualified when Rick Martel ran in and attacked Curt Hennig. (C-)

After the match, Rick Martel grabs a mic and taunts a laid out Curt Hennig. He said he'll make Hennig go through hell and back before he gets another shot at the title. (C-)

Last edited by sabotai : 07-30-2011 at 06:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #128
sabotai
General Manager

Barry Windham resigns for $2000 PPA (his current rate)

Brian Pillman resigns for $600 PPA, a $150 PPA raise.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:02 AM   #129
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, July 1988

Attendance: 1,834

(The Show Begins...)

Don Owen makes a rare appearance in front of the crowd. He tells them that he makes the decisions around here and that Rick Martel has to fight who he says, when he says. He then tells them that Rick Martel will be fighting tonight against Curt Hennig. (C)

Sid Vicious vs. Barry Horowtiz
In an extremely short match, Sid Vicious defeated Barry Horowitz in 5:16 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (E)

Sid intimidates everyone. (B-)

Mil Mascaras vs. Vampire Warrior
In an extremely poor match, Mil Mascaras defeated Vampire Warrior in 7:03 by pinfall with a Flying Bodyblock. (E-)
Mil Mascaras was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. Vampire Warrior seemed off his game tonight.

Curt Hennig and Rick Martel are seen backstage argueing. (D)

Rick Rude vs. Brian Pillman
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Rude defeated Brian Pillman in 11:31 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (D+)

Rick Martel vs. Curt Hennig (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Curt Hennig defeated Rick Martel in 12:29 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. Curt Hennig wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C)

Old 07-31-2011, 12:18 AM   #130
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, July 1988

Attendance: 1,933

Mil Mascaras vs. George Hines (Dark Match)
In an extremely poor match, Mil Mascaras defeated George Hines in 8:06 by pinfall with a Flying Bodyblock. (E+)
Mil Mascaras was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt.

(The Show Begins...)

Sid Vicious vs. Shane Douglas
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Sid Vicious defeated Shane Douglas in 6:52 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D-)

Sid walks around being all menacing. (B)

Rick Rude vs. Brady Boone
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Rude defeated Brady Boone in 15:45 by pinfall after using a foreign object. (D)
The match was too long given who was involved.

Doctor Claw comes to the ring and tells the audience that he has a surprise for Curt Henning and that it'll be revealed very soon. (D)
Doctor Claw performed poorly in this segment.

Barry Windham vs. One Man Gang
In a bout that had great heat and good action, One Man Gang defeated Barry Windham in 15:37 by pinfall with a handful of tights. (C)
One Man Gang was visibly tiring toward the end. One Man Gang is improving in Technical skills.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:26 AM   #131
sabotai
General Manager

Sid Vicious' popularity is exploding. He jumped up another full grade in popularity and is now at C- in the north west. Time to move him to the next level. He's worked out better than I could imagine so far and I think I'll copy that blueprint for Mark Callous, Vader and any other monster on the roster. He's still signed for $100 PPA, too. I have 4 more months of that luxury.

Mick Foley's contract is ending and I'm going to let it expire. I don't have room for him anymore.

Eddie Guerrero re-signs a short term deal for $400 PPA (same as his previous deal)
Old 07-31-2011, 12:40 AM   #132
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, August 1988

Attendance: 1,848

Terry Taylor lifted everyone's spirits in the locker room by telling old road stories.

Mil Mascaras vs. Scott Peterson (Dark Match)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Mil Mascaras defeated Scott Peterson in 7:05 by pinfall with a Flying Bodyblock. (D-)
Mil Mascaras was rusty, but that will soon go away once he's got a few more matches under his belt. Scott Peterson really needs a change to his character desperately.

(The Show Begins....)

Ricky Santana comes out and tells the crowd that he was told he has to face Brady Boone....again. He says he's tired of whipping him and that this match should be their last. He challenges Boone to add a Loser Leaves the PNW stipulation to their contract. Boone comes out and agrees. (E+)

Stan Lane vs. Jerry Lynn
In an extremely poor match, Stan Lane defeated Jerry Lynn in 8:46 by pinfall with a Savate Kick. (D-)

Sid Vicious vs. Rick Steiner
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Sid Vicious defeated Rick Steiner in 6:13 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D-)
Sid Vicious is improving in Performance skills.

Rick Martel had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Barry Windham. (C-)

Ricky Santana vs. Brady Boone (Pacific Northwest MW Title)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ricky Santana defeated Brady Boone in 12:51 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Ricky Santana makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Middleweight title. (D+)

Rick Martel vs. Barry Windham
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Rick Martel drew with Barry Windham in 13:10 when the match descended into chaos. (C-)
Rick Martel is improving in Rumble skills.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:47 AM   #133
sabotai
General Manager

I re-sign Bull Ramos to a $700 PPA deal, not like I use him though....why haven't I used him? Damn, he's mega-popular and always pulls great ratings. He should get involved more.

Big Time Wrestling is extended for another 3 months.

Well, Brady Boone lost his loser leaves match. I guess that means I have to get rid of him. In totally unrelated news, I signed this guy named Battle Kat to a $350 PPA deal. I'd post his stats and everything, but they're identical to Boone's for some odd reason. Anyway, we'll see how the new guy does.
Old 07-31-2011, 11:35 AM   #134
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, August 1988

Attendance: 1,953

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Curt Hennig and One Man Gang from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Eddie Guerrero vs Jerry Lynn
In an extremely poor match, Eddie Guerrero defeated Jerry Lynn in 7:01 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. (E+)

Rick Steiner vs. Vampire Hunter
In an extremely poor match, Rick Steiner defeated Vampire Warrior in 6:59 by pinfall with a Steinerline. (E)

Curt Hennig had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with One Man Gang. (D+)

Bam Bam Bigalow vs. Rick Rude (Pacific Northwest TV Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Bam Bam Bigelow drew with Rick Rude in 12:10 following a double count out. (C-)

Curt Hennig vs. One Man Gang (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Curt Hennig defeated One Man Gang in 13:55 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. Curt Hennig makes defence number 1 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C)
One Man Gang is improving in Technical skills. One Man Gang is improving in Flying skills.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:49 AM   #135
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, August 1988

Attendance: 1,818

(The Show Begins....)

Steve Doll vs Del Wilkes
In an extremely poor match, Steve Doll defeated Del Wilkes in 7:15 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. (E)

Battle Kat vs. George Hines
In an extremely poor match, Battle Kat defeated George Hines in 7:28 by pinfall. (E+)
Battle Kat has now switched to a Mysterious gimmick. It has gotten an initial C+ rating.

Barry Windham had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ron Bass. (D+)Ricky Santana vs. Brian Pillman (Pacific Northwest MW Title)
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Ricky Santana drew with Brian Pillman in 11:30 following a double count out. (D)

Barry Windham vs. Ron Bass
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Barry Windham defeated Ron Bass in 13:20 when Ron Bass was disqualified when Sid Vicious ran in and attacked Barry Windham. (C-)
Barry Windham and Ron Bass don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. Ron Bass is improving in Rumble skills.

After the match, Sid Vicious continues to assault Barry Windham. (C-)

Old 07-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #136
sabotai
General Manager

I have yet to debut Vader. I decide to try him out as a Face and he'll be debuted soon.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:04 PM   #137
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, August 1988

Big Van Vader vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Big Van Vader defeated Scott Peterson in 5:34 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D-)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Curt Hennig and Rick Rude from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Mark Callous vs. Del Wilkes
In an extremely poor match, Mark Callous defeated Del Wilkes in 6:10 by pinfall with a Tombstone. (E-)

Stan Lane vs. Rick Steiner
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Rick Steiner defeated Stan Lane in 12:06 by pinfall with a Flying Bulldog. (D)
Rick Steiner is improving in Performance skills.

Curt Hennig vs. Ruck Rude (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had a good crowd and good action, Curt Hennig defeated Rick Rude in 13:55 when Rick Rude was disqualified when Sid Vicious ran in and attacked Curt Hennig. Curt Hennig makes defence number 2 of his NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (C)
Curt Hennig is improving in Rumble skills.

Sid Vicious continues the assault after the match (D), while Doctor Claw praises him and asks Hennig how he likes his new client. (D+)

Old 07-31-2011, 12:05 PM   #138
sabotai
General Manager

Brad....I mean Battle Kat has changed his style from a Japanese Junior to Regular Wrestler.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:06 PM   #139
sabotai
General Manager

Barry Horowitz re-signs for $350 PPA ($50 PPA less than his current deal). Scott Armstrong re-signs for $250 PPA ($50 less than is current deal).
Old 08-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #140
sabotai
General Manager

I decide to end my "non-aggression pact" with Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling. (It means our workers are exclusive to each other). I'm above them in the rankings (#15 vs. #22), so it doesn't make sense for me to cut myself off from their roster. Not that I'm going to raid it, but they have a few workers I'd like to at least try to sign, Dean Malenko being one of them.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #141
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, Sept. 1988

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Battle Kat and Mascaras and Eddie and Doll from the comfort of their announcers table. (D-)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Bam Bam Bigelow and Rick Rude from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Brian Adams vs. Scott Armstrong
In an extremely poor match, Brian Adams defeated Scott Armstrong in 7:18 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (E+)
Brian Adams and Scott Armstrong have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Terry Taylor vs. Scott Peterson
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Terry Taylor defeated Scott Peterson in 6:42 by pinfall with a Five Arm. (D-)

Rick Rude had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Bam Bam Bigelow. (D+)

Battle Kat and Mil Mascaras vs. Eddie Guerrero and Steve Doll
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Battle Kat and Mil Mascaras defeated Eddie Guerrero and Steve Doll in 13:22 when Battle Kat defeated Eddie Guerrero by pinfall. (D+)
Steve Doll was really off his game tonight.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Rick Rude defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 13:02 by count out. (C-)
Rick Rude seemed off his game tonight. Rick Rude is improving in Rumble skills.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #142
sabotai
General Manager

I threw out several "worker agreement" deals with other promotions, just to keep some of them from signing written deals with my guys should they get big enough. Predictably, WWF said no way, but JCP, CSW and CWA (EUR) all agree.

New Signing

Dean Malenko - 28yo American. Midcard Heel. Lightweight Technician. C- Brawling, C Puroresu, B Mat, B- Chain, B Submission, C- Aerial, C Flashiness, B Athl, B Toughness, A Stam, C-B+ in Performances, is terrible in Entertainment but I only pretty much use main eventers right now in angles so no big deal. Would only sign a short term deal, $350 PPA for 3 months.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #143
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 2, Sept. 1988

Attendance: 1,791

(The Show Begins....)

Brian Pillman vs. 2 Cold Scorpio
In an extremely poor match, Brian Pillman defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 6:44 by pinfall with a Leaping Thrusting Lariat. (E+)

Barry Windham had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Sid Vicious. (C-)

Mill Mascaras vs. Eddie Guerrero
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Mil Mascaras defeated Eddie Guerrero in 10:01 by pinfall with a Flying Bodyblock. (D)

Sid Vicious is backstage, being all menacing. (C)
Sid Vicious and Doctor Claw are a very poor combination, they do not click at all.

Rick Steiner vs. Stan Lane

In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Stan Lane defeated Rick Steiner in 10:04 by submission with a Scorpion Deathlock. (D)

Barry Windham vs. Sid Vicious
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Barry Windham defeated Sid Vicious in 8:43 by disqualification. (C)

Sid Vicious attacks Windham after the match and continues the assault. When he's finally pulled off, Windham is unconscious and bloody. (D+)

Old 08-01-2011, 04:57 PM   #144
sabotai
General Manager

Curt Hennig has chosen not to renegotiate with me. He's outgrown the promotion saying we aren't big enough for him anymore. I've got a few more cards with him....
Old 08-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #145
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 3, Sept. 1988

(The Show Begins....)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Curt Hennig and Rick Martel from the comfort of their announcers table. (C)

Dean Malenko vs. Jerry Lynn
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Dean Malenko defeated Jerry Lynn in 7:14 by submission with a Texas Cloverleaf. (E+)
Jerry Lynn seemed off his game tonight.

Mike Rotundo vs. Del Wilkes
In an extremely poor match, Mike Rotundo defeated Del Wilkes in 8:25 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. (E)

Rick Martel had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Curt Hennig. (C-)

Big Van Vader vs. Terry Taylor
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Big Van Vader defeated Terry Taylor in 10:05 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (D-)
Terry Taylor was really off his game tonight.

Curt Hennig vs. Rick Martel (Pacific Northwest HW Title)
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Rick Martel defeated Curt Hennig in 14:34 by submission with a Boston Crab. Rick Martel wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Heavyweight title. (E+)
This was the worst of the recent matches between these competitors and that only served to magnify its flaws. As the fourth time this match-up has been done recently, it needed to be much better.

I knew it was the 4th match, but E+!?

Next week, Hennig gets obliterated.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:12 PM   #146
sabotai
General Manager

New Signing

The Pegasus Kid (Chris Benoit) - 21yo Canadian. Midcard Face. Lightweight Japanese Junior. C- Brawling, C Puroresu, B Mat, B- Chain, B- Submission, C- Aerial, C+ Flashiness, A Athl, B- Toughness, B+ Stam, C Psych, all other Performances are B- to B+. Total lack of Entertainment. B- Star Quality. Short Term deal, 3 months, $350 PPA
Old 08-01-2011, 05:33 PM   #147
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, Sept. 1988

Attendance: 1,863

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Big Van Vader and Sid Vicious from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Battle Kat vs. Dean Malenko
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, Battle Kat defeated Dean Malenko in 13:40 by pinfall. (D-)
Battle Kat and Dean Malenko don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout.

Curt Hennig vs. One Man Gang
In a bout that had great heat and good action, One Man Gang defeated Curt Hennig in 12:57 by pinfall with a 747. (C-)
One Man Gang is improving in Technical skills. One Man Gang is improving in Flying skills.

After the match, One Man Gang ruthlessly beats Curt Henning (D-). After, Hennig is taken out on a stretcher. (D-)

Big Van Vader vs. Sid Vicious
In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Big Van Vader defeated Sid Vicious in 13:29 by disqualification. (D)
Sid Vicious was visibly tiring toward the end. Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside. Sid Vicious and Doctor Claw are a very poor combination, they do not click at all.

The Vader vs. Vicious match was supposed to be before the Hennig vs. Gang match. Oops.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #148
sabotai
General Manager

Mark Callous re-signs for $200 PPA ($50 less than his previous deal)
Old 08-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #149
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 1, October 1988

(The Show Begins...)

Ross and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Bam Bam Bigelow and Rick Rude from the comfort of their announcers table. (D+)

Eddie Guerrero vs. Jerry Lynn
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Eddie Guerrero defeated Jerry Lynn in 9:42 by pinfall with a Frog Splash. (E+)

Rick Rude had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Bam Bam Bigelow. (D)

One Man Gang vs. Barry Horowitz
In a match that had an average crowd reaction and some decent in-ring action, One Man Gang defeated Barry Horowitz in 13:06 by pinfall with a 747. (D)
One Man Gang looked good out there. One Man Gang is improving in Technical skills. One Man Gang is improving in Performance skills.

In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Rick Rude defeated Bam Bam Bigelow in 19:57 by pinfall with a Rude Awakening. Rick Rude wins the NWA Pacific Northwest Television title. (C)
Bam Bam Bigelow seemed off his game tonight.

I'm going to start trying out a different form for the cards. Before I was doing 4 matches and throwing angles in with those in the matches, but now I'm going to try 3 matches with 1 angle involving those not in matches. I'm trying to figure out ways to lengthen feuds because I'm tired of hitting the 3 match limit.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:28 PM   #150
sabotai
General Manager

Eddie Guerrero re-ups for 3 more months.