252 last night!!!

10lb party coming soon!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #602
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
9 more miles on the bike today, followed by 3 miles of fast walking...weighed myself when i got out of the shower....203...i know im not supposed to weigh out at night, so i will do it again in the morning, i was just anxious to see it since i knew i had done alot, and this was the first time i have gone out on back to back days.

bought the skinny cow ice cream sandwiches at the store tonight...will evaluate later.

nothing really wrong with weighing out at night is there? i mean aside from it generally being the heaviest time of day (which should give you greater incentive to try harder to lose weight in some twisted world )
Old 10-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #603
JediKooter
Coordinator

Wow. Depressing. Just bought a scale last night and weighed myself. 265. I've NEVER been that heavy. I actually thought I was losing weight, guess not.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #604
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Wow. Depressing. Just bought a scale last night and weighed myself. 265. I've NEVER been that heavy. I actually thought I was losing weight, guess not.

You can do it Koots! Woohoo!!

Look at EF27 for an example, he started up in the 260's and is down around 200 now.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-12-2010 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:38 PM   #605
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Down to 210.5 as of this morning after starting at 263. You can do it Jedi, just takes discipline and focus. Meanwhile, I'm taking some inspiration from your dating thread.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 10-12-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #606
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
For myself, its been 2 months of my weight loss, and I am down from 262 to currently 239 pounds. For a total loss of 23 pounds. It is amazing how much difference simply not drinking cokes makes. My goal I guess is to try to get back to 205-210 like I was about 3 years ago. I'll try to keep this thread updated with my progress just to keep this alive

This is from my post in March 2009, I had started Jan 2009 at 262 pounds myself.

I reached my initial goal of 210, but have recently made a new goal for myself. I am not actively trying to aim at losing weight daily anymore, but instead have made a goal to try to improve things such as eating healthier, keeping healthy exercise in my life, cut out snacking, sodas, sweets, etc.

I'd now like to get below 200, but I just wanted to also post and say I know what it felt like being 260+. It took me about a year and a half to make my goal, but I did it. Time for my new goals!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:01 PM   #607
sabotai
General Manager

Week 6 Average
Weight: 243.1 (-0.7 | -3.0)
Body Fat%: 35.86% (-0.51% | -1.49%)
Muscle%: 30.17% (+0.34% | 0.86%)
Resting Metabolism: 2150.1 (-2.71 | -15.3)
Visceral Fat: 16.0

The first few days, I was still suffering from my bad week, so the average is pushed up a bit. The last few days I have been weighting 241-243.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:24 PM   #608
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Week 6 Average
Weight: 243.1 (-0.7 | -3.0)
Body Fat%: 35.86% (-0.51% | -1.49%)
Muscle%: 30.17% (+0.34% | 0.86%)
Resting Metabolism: 2150.1 (-2.71 | -15.3)
Visceral Fat: 16.0

The first few days, I was still suffering from my bad week, so the average is pushed up a bit. The last few days I have been weighting 241-243.
how are you getting these stats? they are very cool.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #609
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
But I strongly suggest that you don't get caught up in burning calories as a number in relation to food, but only as a barometer of how hard you've worked.

I do. I did the P90X Kenpo routine a few times with the HR monitor and I was burning (according to it) 550-600 calories per workout. If Week "0" of C25K (sorta invented a new first week to ease my way into it - running for 30 seconds and walking for 60 - Week 1 is running for 60 and walking for 90) only used 300 or so then I'd probably stop doing it and do more Kenpo.

Quote:
I doubt any machine is very accurate because calories burned does depend on so many factors. So I figure every machine is wrong.

So do I, but I'm more inclined to believe that the total number of calories used is closer (not necessarily close, just closer) to what a HR monitor says than what a "one-size-fits-all" formula (of course, there's also the chance my HR monitor is not accurately reading my heart rate).

But even if that HR monitor was perfect, and I used exactly 737 calories for the workout, there's no way to tell just how many of those calories my body took from body fat as opposed to other sources, so no, I'd never use it in relation food I eat. I thought of this while at work on Mon. but forgot to post it ("My heart rate monitor says I burned 737 calories running today, that means I get to eat 737 calories of chocolate tonight, right?" - "NO SAB IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT!")

And while typing this up, I was googling a bunch of stuff and saw that HR monitors calculate how many calories burned by using your MHR (Maximum Heart Rate - the maximum you heart can beat - IOW it can not go above this). Mine MHR is set at 195....on Monday, I sprinted my last 30 seconds and my HR got up to 199.....so either the HR monitor is reading my HR as too fast when exercising (throwing off the calories calculation) or my MHR is set too low (throwing off the calories calculation).

So yeah....how about I trust my HR monitor more than websites or one-size-fits-all formulas AFTER I set it up properly....
Old 10-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #610
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
how are you getting these stats? they are very cool.

Amazon.com: Omron Full Body Sensor Body Fat and Body Composition Monitor: Health & Personal Care

That's the newer model of the scale I use and I think the one DT is using (mine doesn't have "body age"). I weigh myself every day and put all the stats into a spreadsheet.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #611
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So many slim dudes on this board - and guys who will be slimming it up in another 6-8 months. It's gonna be awesome.

Really - portion control is key. My dinner last night was 2 tacos and a bunch of corn. Totally fine.

Dinner tonight is going to be 1 hotdog (with bun), and a ton more veggies (corn...carrots). Handful of fries.

I still have a half-gallon of ice cream in the fridge from before this all started. Maybe as a 10-lb celebration I'll let myself have 2 (actual) scoops. But the funny thing is...I don't even really want it. I could care less.

And that is the best feeling in the world. Not feeling like a slave to my stomach and my sweet-tooth. Like I can control it. Wow.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #612
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Amazon.com: Omron Full Body Sensor Body Fat and Body Composition Monitor: Health & Personal Care

That's the newer model of the scale I use and I think the one DT is using (mine doesn't have "body age"). I weigh myself every day and put all the stats into a spreadsheet.

Yep. That's the one I'm using. It's got Body Age and I think something else that Sab's version didn't have. Aaah - resting metabolism. Was like $70 after shipping on Amazon.

Weigh myself every night at roughly the same time and put it all into a spreadsheet.

I suppose I could post all my results weekly too, I just haven't been.

Man I tell you...Body Age is awesome (if a bit weird - it said my mom - who is 55) had the body of a 33 year old. Like I said - I think it's a bit "weird," but there's still no greater feeling than watching that number slowly start to come down. The day I made it lose the first (and only so far) year I was like...jumping for joy.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-12-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #613
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
So many slim dudes on this board - and guys who will be slimming it up in another 6-8 months. It's gonna be awesome.

Really - portion control is key. My dinner last night was 2 tacos and a bunch of corn. Totally fine.

Dinner tonight is going to be 1 hotdog (with bun), and a ton more veggies (corn...carrots). Handful of fries.

I still have a half-gallon of ice cream in the fridge from before this all started. Maybe as a 10-lb celebration I'll let myself have 2 (actual) scoops. But the funny thing is...I don't even really want it. I could care less.

And that is the best feeling in the world. Not feeling like a slave to my stomach and my sweet-tooth. Like I can control it. Wow.

yeah, i have no control...and right now, eating is a coping mechanism/comfort, so i still eat whatever i want, and then just try to exercise it away...the only control i have is at the store...i make an effort not to buy junk food because i know if i have it, i will eat it all at once...the worst thing for me is when i go out to lunch with the guys i work with, because we dont typically go anywhere that has anything remotely healthy.

the last half gallon of ice cream i bought lasted 3 nights (that was last week, for the record)

Last edited by saldana : 10-12-2010 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:18 PM   #614
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Didn't weigh myself today. Second to last Y10X class today. I got dizzy again from so much jumping up, then immediately getting down for pushups/planks/situps, then back up for more jumping. stopped for a bit again to snap out of it. I noticed while leaning against the wall in a "seated position" (like this, minus weights)

that I can go much lower than I did in the first class... progress!

As far as how many calories I burn per workout, I have my heart rate monitor calibered (weight, resting heart rate, etc). There are 2 buttons to push to get a heart rate and I check it frequently throughout class. Its hard to say how accurate it is, but I tend to stick with instructors that work me out so hard I'm outta breath or if I feel a burn in my arms and legs.

Tomorrow is my day off, but I'll probably end up doing something light - walk with Ant and the kiddos or some minor weights. I really need to work on my triceps.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #615
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
yeah, i have no control...and right now, eating is a coping mechanism/comfort, so i still eat whatever i want, and then just try to exercise it away...the only control i have is at the store...i make an effort not to buy junk food because i know if i have it, i will eat it all at once...the worst thing for me is when i go out to lunch with the guys i work with, because we dont typically go anywhere that has anything remotely healthy.

the last half gallon of ice cream i bought lasted 3 nights (that was last week, for the record)

It's tough when you're going thru shit and it's a coping mechanism. I feel your pain on that.

Hell...the last time I used it as a coping mechanism I went from 210 (where I was a couple years ago) up to 262 where I was when I started trying to correct it just now. That was over the course of a year+, and part of it was a coping mechanism, and then part was just not caring anymore.

I feel ya man. Self control at the grocery store is good.

What about yogurt/milk + oj + frozen berry/fresh banana smoothies to fill the sweet craving and fill you up?

or go with the fat free instant pudding - there's like nothing to that stuff but nonfat milk, but it tastes damn good
Old 10-13-2010, 02:23 AM   #616
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

Our weight is 90% what we eat. The sad thing is that we don't really burn a lot exercising. Most of the stats and monitors aren't accurate. If we're going for 30-60 minutes, we are probably burning 300-500 calories. Seems nice, but that's a scoop and a half of ice cream. Or a handful of cookies. Controlling the amount of calories we consume in a day is far more important than exercise.

20 days is my golden landmark. If you can change something in your diet for 20 days, it becomes routine to you. You won't crave ice cream if you stop eating it. You won't crave soda if you stop drinking it. It sucks for those first 20 days, but after that it becomes second nature. You just become someone who doesn't eat ice cream and doesn't care about it.

I struggle with the social stuff too, but portion control is the key. On Sundays we all watch the games at my place and order pizza. I don't want to be "that guy" who has some chicken breasts and veggies in the fridge. So I just have a few slices and stop. It's my cheat meal for the week. I don't gorge myself on it, just give myself a nice taste and move on.

This whole thing is willpower. Once you get past those first 20 days, it becomes easier. You sort of have to treat yourself like a drug addict who is weening himself off heroin.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:28 AM   #617
RainMaker
General Manager

I've started a new lifting/cardio routine. I had previously been on this split:

M - Chest/Triceps + Cardio
T - Cardio
W - Back/Biceps + Cardio
TH - Cardio
F - Legs/Shoulders
S- Off
Su - Cardio

I feel like I could do more lifting during the week. I enjoy it a lot and have seen some great results in my legs and chest. So I'm hoping if I hit each body part twice a week, I'll really see some gains. I have no intention of maintaining this schedule for more than a few weeks, but hoping it can kickstart some things and maybe peel off some more fat while increasing my strength. I'm going to be adding a few more calories a day in the form of protein (beef jerky I'm thinking or Kashi). So here is the new one:

M - Chest/Triceps + Cardio
T - Back/Biceps + Cardio
W - Legs/Shoulders
TH - Off
F - Chest/Triceps + Cardio
S - Back/Biceps + Cardio
Su - Shoulders
M - Off

It's not perfectly set on a week, but hits each twice every 8 days. I'm only doing legs once as I'm usually sore there for a few days and my cardio is primarily a stationary bike which I ride at a high resistane and seems to be helping my leg muscles as it is.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #618
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Diet: 1400 calories or less each day except for Saturday night date where Barbeque was eaten.

Exercise: 25-27 miles per day 5 days this week on the exercise bike, push-ups, crunches, and free weights.

Weight: 210 (-3 lbs.)
Old 10-13-2010, 08:20 AM   #619
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Our weight is 90% what we eat. The sad thing is that we don't really burn a lot exercising. Most of the stats and monitors aren't accurate. If we're going for 30-60 minutes, we are probably burning 300-500 calories. Seems nice, but that's a scoop and a half of ice cream. Or a handful of cookies. Controlling the amount of calories we consume in a day is far more important than exercise.

20 days is my golden landmark. If you can change something in your diet for 20 days, it becomes routine to you. You won't crave ice cream if you stop eating it. You won't crave soda if you stop drinking it. It sucks for those first 20 days, but after that it becomes second nature. You just become someone who doesn't eat ice cream and doesn't care about it.

I struggle with the social stuff too, but portion control is the key. On Sundays we all watch the games at my place and order pizza. I don't want to be "that guy" who has some chicken breasts and veggies in the fridge. So I just have a few slices and stop. It's my cheat meal for the week. I don't gorge myself on it, just give myself a nice taste and move on.

This whole thing is willpower. Once you get past those first 20 days, it becomes easier. You sort of have to treat yourself like a drug addict who is weening himself off heroin.

Very very true.

And you've got to give yourself that "cheat meal" or you'll drive yourself crazy.

I spread mine out a bit...order a 12-inch pizza on friday nights and eat it over the course of the whole weekend (or monday night too if i end up somewhere else for a meal). 2 slices at a time max.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-13-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:57 AM   #620
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
You can do it Koots! Woohoo!!

Look at EF27 for an example, he started up in the 260's and is down around 200 now.

Thanks DT!! What's weird is, I weighed myself on Sunday: 265. I weighed myself yesterday evening after I ate dinner: 260. What gives? All I did was drink water and had a salad for lunch and then some spaghetti for dinner. There's no way I could have lost 5 pounds from just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Down to 210.5 as of this morning after starting at 263. You can do it Jedi, just takes discipline and focus. Meanwhile, I'm taking some inspiration from your dating thread.

210, nice! I think focus should not be a problem, but discipline, different story. To be honest, I don't eat a lot of junk food or fast food at all anymore. Yes, I'll break down and hit In and Out now and then, but, that's maybe 2 times a month. Haha! I think my dating thread is turning into a Greek tragedy. Though, I suspect my weight has something to do with it. Would like to hear how some EF27 dating excursions have gone.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #621
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

That's what I've always heard (and I'm living proof - I've exercised a lot over the last several years, mostly eaten like crap and I'm still here), and it's also why exercising (almost) every day is so important. 300-500 sounds like nothing individually, but do it 5 times a week and it's 1500-2500, around a half a pound of body fat (3500).
Old 10-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #622
sabotai
General Manager

Stats from this morning's run/walk: 1.85 miles, 30:02, 16'13" per mile, 259 calories. (HR Montior: Avr HR: 145, Calories 697).

Total: 3.66 miles, 1:00:12

As for my HR monitor, I was checking my HR when I would stop running and it was pretty much the same as my HR was telling me. *shrug* I'll just assume Nike+ is more right so it makes me work harder.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #623
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
That's what I've always heard (and I'm living proof - I've exercised a lot over the last several years, mostly eaten like crap and I'm still here), and it's also why exercising (almost) every day is so important. 300-500 sounds like nothing individually, but do it 5 times a week and it's 1500-2500, around a half a pound of body fat (3500).
I agree. It does add up. My problem was that I'd assume if I worked out, I could eat whatever I wanted. So I'd burn 400 calories in a workout session and probably eat an extra 800 elsewhere because I thought I could.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #624
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Diet: 1400 calories or less each day except for Saturday night date where Barbeque was eaten.

Exercise: 25-27 miles per day 5 days this week on the exercise bike, push-ups, crunches, and free weights.

Weight: 210 (-3 lbs.)
Hey EF, just curious where you got the 1400 calorie number from. That seems really low for someone your weight who is exercising that much.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #625
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Hey EF, just curious where you got the 1400 calorie number from. That seems really low for someone your weight who is exercising that much.

I don't know how tall EF is, but if he is short, then that might make a difference.

For me, I need to eat between 1750 - 2300 calories a day depending on exercise level and I am about the same weight as EF, but I am 6 ft

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:46 PM   #626
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

This is where I'm going to enjoy that "resting metabolism" feature on my scale once I get down in weight.

Right now my resting metabolism is 2,200 calories, but I'm sure that'll go down as I get less fat.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #627
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I don't know how tall EF is, but if he is short, then that might make a difference.

For me, I need to eat between 1750 - 2300 calories a day depending on exercise level and I am about the same weight as EF, but I am 6 ft

I'm between 5'8 and 5'9. It's an accepted number for dieting for a guy who is trying to lose weight, but I don't recall specifically where I saw it.

And Jedi, I guess I'll post some of my experiences with dating post divorce in your thread if you don't mind.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #628
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm between 5'8 and 5'9. It's an accepted number for dieting for a guy who is trying to lose weight, but I don't recall specifically where I saw it.

And Jedi, I guess I'll post some of my experiences with dating post divorce in your thread if you don't mind.

I don't mind at all. Sorry for the slow response, yesterday was a crazy busy day at work.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:32 PM   #629
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Weight - 190.4
Goal Weight - 120
Exercise - Zumba (-758 calories) and a bit of Yoga

My weight has been going up and down a couple pounds. Today I did Zumba and worked my ass off. I expended so much energy I could only do about 20 minutes of yoga... sucks. I realized if I'm a do this yoga thing, I have to be in it 100% and be in the moment; none of this half assed stuff.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:44 PM   #630
sabotai
General Manager

May have hit my stride, finally, after that 1 bad week. Last Tuesday's weight: 245.0, 2 days ago: 243.2, Last Wed.'s (5th and last day straight of not working out and not eating all that well) weight: 245.6, Yesterday: 241.6. Last Thurs. weight: 245.4, Today: 240.2.

Graph of a running 7 day average of my weight for the last 38 days. The first 17 days or so, I was not eating well, and the second plateau was my bad week (more like week and a half).
Attached Images
File Type: png moz-screenshot-2.png (6.3 KB, 75 views)
Old 10-15-2010, 11:23 PM   #631
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Old 10-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #632
saldana
Pro Starter

205 this morning...still feel like i am losing weight based on the way my clothes fit and the fact that I can see a visible difference in spots on my body...wondering if i am starting to add muscle mass...i can see a visible difference in the way the muscles in my legs look, and it has been 6 weeks since i started working out regularly, so that is about the right amount of time.

was up to 20 miles Wednesday night after work...i think i need one of those little computer watches that tracks everything for me.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:03 PM   #633
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I did 30 miles on my exercise bike for the first time today. Biked almost the entire first half of the USC game. Very happy with hitting that milestone.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #634
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Weighed in last week at 218...

Weighed in yesterday at 210...

I have been eating somewhat healthy, but the biggest thing was limiting myself to 1 soda a day and drinking a bunch of water..

My workout isn't a lot, an ab wheel that I use once or twice a week..with me doing push ups or sit ups once or twice a week.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #635
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Weight - 190.?
Goal Weight - 120
Exercise - Walking 5.3 miles

Zumba was cancelled on Saturday so we went walking for 5.3 miles with the kiddos. Still feeling sore. Tuesday is Y10X... the last class. Dunno if I should be sad or excited :/

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 10-17-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:38 PM   #636
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Have any of you had Ezekiel Bread? What do you guys put on it?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #637
JediKooter
Coordinator

Not sure if my scale is crap, but, it says that I am down to 259 from 265 when I first weighed myself the Sunday before. Just seems odd since I haven't exercised at all, but, I have completely cut out sodas (except for one I had at lunch the other day) and have been eating rice and chicken mostly for dinner.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #638
sabotai
General Manager

So, I realized that there's no possible way that I burned anywhere near 700 calories from walking with short spurts of running. It probably was close to the formulas that Blackie linked to and what Nike+ said, so I tossed my budget HR monitor to the side and just spent the money to get the "best in breed" and bought a Garmin Forerunner 305. And guess what.....yeah, no more 700 calorie days. Here's the stats from my run this morning (official day 1 of week 1 of C25K - 5 minute warm up walk, run 60 seconds, walk 90 for 20 minutes, 5 minute cool down walk).

HR Monitor: Time: 30:19 (min:sec). 1.95 miles, HR Ave: 151, Calories: 300
Nike+: Time: 30:20, 1.91 miles, Calories: 271
(Total: 3 Runs, 5.57 miles, 1:30:32, Calories: 783)
Old 10-18-2010, 01:59 PM   #639
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Slight up-tick in my weight (0.4lbs) yesterday, but I'm convinced that it was just an aberration due to improper hydration or something. We'll see where I'm at tonight before I give it another thought.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:18 PM   #640
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Weight - 190.0
Goal Weight - 120
Exercise - Walked in IKEA, does that count?

Experimenting with Eziquiel Bread. Toasted up a slice and put about 1tsp hummus, chicken and hot sauce. Came out ok, but I'll add more veggies next time. Gonna try "The Healthy Elvis" tomorrow before Y10X.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 10-18-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #641
duckman
Pro Starter

Week 1 (10/18/2010)

224.0 (-2.5)

I only worked out two times last week due to my neck giving me fits even walking on a treadmill, but I did managed to lose weight by keeping my calories around 1900 a day. I plan to work out three times this week and take a yoga basics class to help improve flexibility in my neck and shoulders.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”

Last edited by duckman : 10-18-2010 at 05:05 PM.
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #642
saldana
Pro Starter

saw 202 for the first time today.

only got a 5 mile ride in on sunday before i blew a tire, and last night i lost track somewhere around 13-15...as long as the rain holds off today, i'll get another 15ish in tonight....i know the distances arent that much, but i keep a really high cadence the whole way through...last night one of my friends rode with me and she has one of those spiffy little computers on her bike...avg speed was 14mph, and that was after 9 miles
Old 10-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #643
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Weight - 190.0
Goal Weight - 120
Exercise - Y10X

only 2 of us in Y10X. The instructor wondered if she scared ppl off. We started with 8 and ended with 2. I was the only one to attend every single class.. woot! I really liked today's class, it was more intimate. She concentrated on our forms and encouraged me a lot, "come on girl, you can do it!!!" and "NIIIICE!!" We used a medicine ball and man, it was rough. We also used these gliders that help glide our feet so we went down to a plank position and moved one foot out and in, out and in and switched. Goddamit that was really hard. Gliders look like this:

I'm considering getting a medicine ball cuz it was a hell of a workout.

So back to the old routine. I'll be going 3 times a week so I have to figure out what classes to take. Zumba, BodyCombat, and yoga are my true loves so I'll have to pick and choose and probably rotate some every other week... we'll see. I may start a job here soon so I'll have to work on an evening schedule.

Last edited by Dodgerchick : 10-19-2010 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:54 AM   #644
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

dola,

I didn't have time to make a Healthy Elvis. So I toasted Ezekiel Bread and put about a tsp. of almond butter and drizzled a bit of honey. Tasted great and I had a lot of energy.
Old 10-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #645
sabotai
General Manager

Week 7 Averages
Weight: 240.6 (-2.6 | -5.6)
Body Fat%: 36.16% (+0.30% | -1.19%)
Muscle%: 30.00% (-0.17% | +0.69%)
Resting Metabolism: 2134.3 (-15.86 | -31.1)
Visceral Fat: 16

Best week so far!

And here's an update to the previous graph (each point is the average weight of the previous 7 days)
Attached Images
File Type: png moz-screenshot-3.png (6.5 KB, 39 views)
Old 10-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #646
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Sweet graph sab - well done!!

Held steady yesterday after my slight uptick, but was convinced it was nothing major.

Did a test-weigh this morning, and was down at 249, so that's reinforcing my knowledge that I'm not doing anything BAD...I'm just weighing myself at the wrong time or I've altered my hydration habits.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #647
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think this is going to be my worst week. Broke up with GF and had extra BBQ around to eat. Weigh in is tomorrow and I'll be happy if I lost at least a pound this week.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #648
saldana
Pro Starter

rode about 25 miles tonight...my friends little computer said she burned over 600 calories and she only did 13.6...i need to get a little more scientific about this..she figures i would have been somewhere in the 1100 area...I cant believe i came anywhere close to that.
Old 10-19-2010, 09:13 PM   #649
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My bike lists me as burning 1100 or so when I do 25 miles. I don't know that it is accurate, but it is consistent with what you say.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:11 PM   #650
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
My bike lists me as burning 1100 or so when I do 25 miles. I don't know that it is accurate, but it is consistent with what you say.

wow...ok then...i thought that sounded like way too much, but I will definitely take it...i calculated what my daily intake should be to sustain my current weight...3100 cal/day....there is no freaking way i come anywhere close to that so burning 1100 is pretty nice if you lose a pound for every 3500 calories you burn...i probably only take in about 2000 a day.