Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-04-2015, 06:18 AM   #51
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Has anyone noticed some minor issues with Prime lately? I mean it's still great but I've noticed a lot more orders that will give me a "Guaranteed Delivery Date" and end up being delayed for some reason. I think it had happened once over the first 5 years I had Prime but have had it happen 4-5 times in the past few months.

Hasn't happened to me here in GA.

Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:49 AM   #52
Logan
Head Coach

No issues here.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:59 AM   #53
BillJasper
Pro Starter

No issues here, either.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:04 PM   #54
DanGarion
Coordinator

There definitely seems to be a regression on the amount of things that are available in 2 days via prime. I'm getting a number of things in 3-4 days now that I would always get in 1-2.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:26 PM   #55
Subby
lolzcat

The free same day delivery service is pretty much the nail in the coffin of me ever considering getting rid of Prime now. Amazing.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 12:29 PM   #56
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
The free same day delivery service is pretty much the nail in the coffin of me ever considering getting rid of Prime now. Amazing.

I don't have that option up here in Salem, Oregon. Probably because companies don't care about us.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:03 PM   #57
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't know if it's the same everywhere but I'm getting a decent selection of things that will even be delivered on Saturday and Sunday. Pretty cool feature.

The other weird one was the other day I had an order for 8 items. Two of the items were split off and it wouldn't allow me to pick 2-day shipping. But if I made a separate order with just those 2 items, I could get them on 2-day shipping.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #58
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I don't have that option up here in Salem, Oregon. Probably because companies don't care about us.

you need to live near a distribution center I'm sure.

I get one hour Prime Now delivery for around $5-10 or free within 3 hours.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:37 PM   #59
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
They've started the same day stuff in Austin, but I'm currently too far south. It'd be awesome if they extended it out here, since the nearest stores are 10 miles away.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 04:44 PM   #60
JeeberD
General Manager

I've had access to same day delivery for a couple of months now, but haven't actually taken advantage of it yet...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:43 AM   #61
Desnudo
Coordinator

2 hour delivery of 276 pack of diapers on the way for the win.

Last edited by Desnudo : 06-05-2015 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:41 AM   #62
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Has anyone noticed some minor issues with Prime lately? I mean it's still great but I've noticed a lot more orders that will give me a "Guaranteed Delivery Date" and end up being delayed for some reason. I think it had happened once over the first 5 years I had Prime but have had it happen 4-5 times in the past few months.

No. If anything, it's gotten faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post

I'd be surprised if we get this in Maine, though.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:37 PM   #63
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post

I wonder if we'll ever see it here? There is a distribution center in Hebron, Ky., which is just a few miles from here.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #64
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

I've gotten stuff shipped from Texas arrive the next night in Buffalo.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:58 PM   #65
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I wonder if we'll ever see it here? There is a distribution center in Hebron, Ky., which is just a few miles from here.

I think you need the logistics too. It's literally some guy in a random car sometimes.

They suggest a tip $5 on the Amazon Now delivery so may be a new alternative for people who deliver pizzas.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #66
stevew
Hall Of Famer

All I needed was a fucking WiiU cable, my nephew was visiting and ours broke shortly beforehand(damn cat). However 2 day doesn't seem to mean 2 day anymore and their idea of a guaranteed delivery is dumb. I'd have paid for one day delivery if I knew this would be a hassle. Plus when shit gets delivered by the USPS, it can sometimes take an extra day. This service is barely worth it anymore.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:00 PM   #67
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
No. If anything, it's gotten faster.

I'm in this line. I've had excellent service, I don't know if I've ever gotten anything in longer than the two day window. That being said, I live in one of the ten largest cities in the US, so it's not like it's difficult to get here.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 07-13-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:01 PM   #68
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
They suggest a tip $5 on the Amazon Now delivery so may be a new alternative for people who deliver pizzas.

Seriously? My delivery guy will never, ever get a tip from me - mostly because I'm never home when things get delivered. Even if I were home, I'd have a hard time tipping the guy. And I was a waiter, food delivery person and bartender for 10+ years.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:45 PM   #69
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm intrigued by this Amazon Prime Day coming up. They are really pushing this hard. Seen commercials all over the past couple weeks.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 05:38 AM   #70
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygr View Post
+1

Definitely make sure you contact customer service (I usually just use the chat). They will give you a free month of prime added on if they miss a guaranteed delivery date. They will do it multiple times too.

Ok, will try to do this tomorrow. Is there some sort of script i need to use in order to make the request? I called customer service but the girl, while nice, was about 25% too Indian accented for me and I just couldn't understand her even though I tried. I guess my order got lost or something. Looks like all the smaller stuff in my area goes from Amazon to the post office, and then out with the carrier which results in substandard service and longer than expected delivery times. It's bad enough that my mail doesn't get here til almost 5pm as it is. (and the nasty trailer park down around the corner on my road somehow get their mail at like 930 am)

/end old man rant
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 08:02 AM   #71
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Ok, will try to do this tomorrow. Is there some sort of script i need to use in order to make the request? I called customer service but the girl, while nice, was about 25% too Indian accented for me and I just couldn't understand her even though I tried. I guess my order got lost or something. Looks like all the smaller stuff in my area goes from Amazon to the post office, and then out with the carrier which results in substandard service and longer than expected delivery times. It's bad enough that my mail doesn't get here til almost 5pm as it is. (and the nasty trailer park down around the corner on my road somehow get their mail at like 930 am)

/end old man rant

Just use the online customer service options. No script necessary...they'll be able to see that the delivery window was missed, and you likely won't even need to say this but it can't hurt...add on that you use the service because you can depend on receiving things timely, include some details about your nephew, and they'll give you the credit.

Amazon is pretty awesome when it comes to customer service. I've had a few things go wrong with products and been shipped replacements while being told to just keep the other one. They take into account when it doesn't make sense to pay for return shipping.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:31 AM   #72
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Seriously? My delivery guy will never, ever get a tip from me - mostly because I'm never home when things get delivered. Even if I were home, I'd have a hard time tipping the guy. And I was a waiter, food delivery person and bartender for 10+ years.

Well then use regular Prime and not Amazon Now. If you really want something in 2 hours, then tip the guy running from the warehouse to your front door.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:46 AM   #73
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Well then use regular Prime and not Amazon Now. If you really want something in 2 hours, then tip the guy running from the warehouse to your front door.

Amazon can't afford to pay their delivery guys an extra $5 per delivery?

At some point we need to take a stand against being consumers who also subsidize employment costs for corporations. The place to do it is with new services, like this and uber.

Last edited by molson : 07-14-2015 at 09:46 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:59 AM   #74
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Amazon can't afford to pay their delivery guys an extra $5 per delivery?

At some point we need to take a stand against being consumers who also subsidize employment costs for corporations. The place to do it is with new services, like this and uber.

It's a TWO HOUR delivery service!!

I mean, seriously, come on. Y'all sound entitled when you are demanding a two hour delivery with no shipping cost.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #75
molson
General Manager

Quote:

I mean, seriously, come on. Y'all sound entitled when you are demanding a two hour delivery with no shipping cost.

It's a great service, it should be more expensive, and the delivery people should be paid well - by the company.

Is your theory that whatever a corporations asks us to pay their employees, we have to just do it or else we're "entitled"? What if Ford asks you to chip in some extra cash for the car salesman so they don't have to. You're on board?
Old 07-14-2015, 10:12 AM   #76
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:

So I have to pay $99 a year to get shipping at no cost. And I have to tip. I don't think 'no cost' means what they think it means.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:13 AM   #77
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's a great service, it should be more expensive, and the delivery people should be paid well - by the company.

Is your theory that whatever a corporations asks us to pay their employees, we have to just do it or else we're "entitled"? What if Ford asks you to chip in some extra cash for the car salesman so they don't have to. You're on board?

Amazon contracts with delivery & courier companies to deliver the goods. It asks for you to provide the couriers with a tip - which, of course, you don't have to if you are a dick.

If Ford was offering me an amazing deal and said as part of my bill, I'd have to pay the salesperson's commission, that'd be completely ok with me. After all, that commission amounts is going to be reflected in the original price anyways - to have it broken down that way is actually a good thing in seeing what makes up the pricing. Seriously, what's the difference?
Old 07-14-2015, 10:14 AM   #78
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
So I have to pay $99 a year to get shipping at no cost. And I have to tip. I don't think 'no cost' means what they think it means.

You are confusing things. You pay $99 a year to get 2 DAY shipping at no cost. If you want 2 HOUR shipping, they suggest a $5 to the courier. Did you sign on for 2 hour shipping when you got Prime? Because I don't remember doing that when I did.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:17 AM   #79
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

You pay $99 a year to get two day shipping at no cost.

Two hour delivery is something different, no?

I don't have this app downloaded yet so maybe I'm not understanding how this works correctly.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #80
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Amazon contracts with delivery & courier companies to deliver the goods. It asks for you to provide the couriers with a tip - which, of course, you don't have to if you are a dick.

If Ford was offering me an amazing deal and said as part of my bill, I'd have to pay the salesperson's commission, that'd be completely ok with me. After all, that commission amounts is going to be reflected in the original price anyways - to have it broken down that way is actually a good thing in seeing what makes up the pricing. Seriously, what's the difference?

No, let's say Ford isn't offering you an amazing deal, just a normal deal. They just want you to pay their employees for them. You in?
Old 07-14-2015, 10:19 AM   #81
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
You are confusing things. You pay $99 a year to get 2 DAY shipping at no cost. If you want 2 HOUR shipping, they suggest a $5 to the courier. Did you sign on for 2 hour shipping when you got Prime? Because I don't remember doing that when I did.

So there is no additional fee, before the suggested $5 tip, for the two hour shipping if it is available in your area?
Old 07-14-2015, 10:20 AM   #82
molson
General Manager

I just can't believe in 2015 America corporations are getting away with this, and that the corporate-friendly tipping culture is actually increasing.

Last edited by molson : 07-14-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #83
molson
General Manager

Presumably, Amazon will be using this and other services to increase the cost of Prime sooner than later. So they'll get more money from customers on that end, and additionally rely on customers to subsidize the increased worker costs on top of the price increase.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:23 AM   #84
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, let's say Ford isn't offering you an amazing deal, just a normal deal. They just want you to pay their employees for them. You in?

Which is completely not analogous to this situation. This IS an amazing deal that Amazon is offering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
So there is no additional fee, before the suggested $5 tip, for the two hour shipping if it is available in your area?

Correct. The $5 suggested tip is the only additional fee and the prices are the same as on regular Amazon (I've checked).

(edit: I think though the only requirement is that you have to buy like $15 worth of stuff in one trip)

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 07-14-2015 at 10:27 AM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:25 AM   #85
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Correct. The $5 suggested tip is the only additional fee and the prices are the same as on regular Amazon (I've checked).
Is Amazon actually suggesting the tip?
Old 07-14-2015, 10:26 AM   #86
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is Amazon actually suggesting the tip?

Yes. When you order from the app, it suggests you leave a $5 tip. Though, it is your choice to leave any, leave lower, or leave higher.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:26 AM   #87
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Which is completely not analogous to this situation. This IS an amazing deal that Amazon is offering.

So let's say Amazon increases the cost of prime and its no longer an amazing deal? Will you cut out the tipping? It's harder to stop tipping once its started, which is why I said its so important to make the stand with new services. Companies should be responsible for paying their own employees.

I think the car example is relevant because you expressed a willingness to do something just because the corporation told you do, as far as to say it was "being a dick" to not follow the command of a corporation. I wondered how far that would go. It's just fascinating to me how corporations use that moral social pressure ("you're a dick if you don't do this") to get customers to subsidize their employments costs. Why are they the moral arbiter of what's a good tip? Whatever they decide to suggest, in a corporate board room, a decision made for corporate reasons, has no relation to a customer's moral worth in deciding when or what to tip.

Last edited by molson : 07-14-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:28 AM   #88
spleen1015
Coordinator

If I was going to order something with 2 hour delivery then I would give a $5. Come on. It is $5. I'm not that hard up to worry about $5.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:29 AM   #89
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

In that case, I do agree with molson. I'd much rather have the fee added to the service than give the same as a tip.

My wife went running this morning and forgot her key, because she likes to lace our apt key and the electronic fob thing for the front door through her shoe lace...but she put her shoes on quickly and left. I've been telling her to go buy one of those armbands for her phone and keys, so this morning I went on and looked for one.

I'm a Prime member, and would be perfectly fine waiting the two days for it. But if they say "hey choose this option and it can be here in two hours", why wouldn't I say yes? It doesn't mean I need the amazing service they're offering, but why not take them up on it all else equal? If they said it was an extra $5, I would have passed.

If stevew had the option to get his WiiU cable in two hours for $5 because his nephew was on his way over, I'm sure he would have gladly paid that extra fee.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:31 AM   #90
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So let's say Amazon increases the cost of prime and its no longer an amazing deal? Will you cut out the tipping? It's harder to stop tipping once its started, which is why I said its so important to make the stand with new services.

Then don't use it. You don't have to. You can just use regular Prime and wait for 2 days. If someone is coming to my door to drop off something I ordered 2 hours ago, he or she deserves a tip.

Quote:
I think the car example is relevant because you expressed a willingness to do something just because the corporation told you do, as far as to say it was "being a dick" to not follow the command of a corporation. I wondered how far that would go. It's just fascinating to me how corporations use that moral social pressure ("you're a dick if you don't do this") to get customers to subsidize their employments costs.

I do think you are a dick if you don't tip a courier. Or a delivery person. Do you normally not tip your pizza delivery guy? How about a waiter? It's not doing what a corporation tells you to do, it's to offer extra money to the person who is delivering something to your door at a quick speed.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:33 AM   #91
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
If I was going to order something with 2 hour delivery then I would give a $5. Come on. It is $5. I'm not that hard up to worry about $5.

I wonder if a 2-hour delivery guy job is really more difficult than a regular UPS delivery job. I don't think the speed difference is based on the 2-hour delivery guy being better or faster. It's just the system that Amazon has setup. I think if you're tipping a 2-hour delivery guy because the Amazon system is amazing, you should tip other delivery guys too, they're working just as hard, if not harder.

Last edited by molson : 07-14-2015 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:33 AM   #92
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
In that case, I do agree with molson. I'd much rather have the fee added to the service than give the same as a tip.

Of course having a fee added to the service means it isn't completely optional anymore. For molson saying "It's harder to stop tipping", it's even more hard to cut out mandated fees.

And of course a mandated fee doesn't go entirely to the courier.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:34 AM   #93
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wonder if a 2-hour delivery guy job is really more difficult than a regular UPS delivery job. I don't think the speed difference is based on the 2-hour delivery guy being better or faster. It's just the system that Amazon has setup. I think if you're tipping a 2-hour delivery guy because the Amazon system is amazing, you should tip other delivery guys too, they're working just as hard, if not harder.

Do you tip your pizza delivery guy? Why or why not?
Old 07-14-2015, 10:39 AM   #94
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Of course having a fee added to the service means it isn't completely optional anymore. For molson saying "It's harder to stop tipping", it's even more hard to cut out mandated fees.

And of course a mandated fee doesn't go entirely to the courier.

It's optional in the sense that you don't need to choose two hour delivery, just like you don't need to choose overnight shipping (for an extra fee) from Amazon already.

As to the second, that would be Amazon's decision. They certainly could allocate all of that fee to the courier.

Last edited by Logan : 07-14-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #95
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Then don't use it. You don't have to. You can just use regular Prime and wait for 2 days. If someone is coming to my door to drop off something I ordered 2 hours ago, he or she deserves a tip.

I do think you are a dick if you don't tip a courier. Or a delivery person. Do you normally not tip your pizza delivery guy? How about a waiter? It's not doing what a corporation tells you to do, it's to offer extra money to the person who is delivering something to your door at a quick speed.

I wouldn't use it if it was in my area. I really don't like the idea of corporations mandating tipping, and putting social pressure on me to pay workers directly so they can pay them less. Which is why they do this.

I tip really well in all the areas where we've already lost the tipping battle as a culture - pizza, waiters, etc. I hate it, but it's not the waiter/pizza guy's fault, and the culture of that job depends me to pay a chunk of their salary so the employer doesn't have to, so I do it. But in newer services, I'll draw a line if its truly optional (like uber), or I won't use the service.

Quote:
If someone is coming to my door to drop off something I ordered 2 hours ago, he or she deserves a tip.

What did she personally do that was more impressive than a regular delivery person? Again, isn't the 2-hour thing an Amazon system creation rather than extraordinary individual efforts of delivery people? UPS and FedEx people have a short time to delivery packages also, they just don't get them until a few days after you order. I'd bet that sometimes, UPS and FedEx people are even in more of a rush that the 2-hour Amazon driver, depending on the area.

Last edited by molson : 07-14-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #96
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's optional in the sense that you don't need to choose two hour delivery, just like you don't need to choose overnight shipping (for an extra fee) from Amazon already.

Um no. You can just say your tip is going to be $0.00 if you want.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:43 AM   #97
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I wouldn't use it if it was in my area. I really don't like the idea of corporations mandating tipping, and putting social pressure on me to pay workers directly so they can pay them less. Which is why they do this.

And, you know, be able to offer the service to you for the low cost it is. You don't have to participate, but for the people who do, it's good to suggest that they tip their courier.

Quote:
What did she personally do that was more impressive than a regular delivery person? Again, isn't the 2-hour thing an Amazon system creation rather than extraordinary individual efforts of delivery people? UPS and FedEx people have a short time to delivery packages also, they just don't get them until a few days after you order. I'd bet that sometimes, UPS and FedEx people are even in more of a rush that the 2-hour Amazon driver, depending on the area.

The UPS and FedEx folks get a list of their deliveries for the day. Therefore they can plan their route. Couriers get it and have to make a bee line for the one location and come back for the next one. I see courier work as far, far more stressful. Having lead time matters.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:45 AM   #98
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Do you tip your pizza delivery guy? Why or why not?
I do but I think the pizza scenario highlights some of the problems with tipping. Even though I tip the pizza guy, the pizza place still charges me a delivery charge. Shouldn't that charge cover the fact that they're delivering. When you consider the 'good service' aspect to tipping, compare a restaurant to a pizza delivery guy. The waiter/waitress has a clear direct effect on my experience and can easily show they're value which is why I'm happy to tip in that scenario. With the pizza delivery guy, what did he do above and beyond that gets him a tip above the delivery fee? As a matter fact, the only thing I can see is if my pizza was thrashed around in the drive and I can't even see that until he's gone. How much of a dick would I like if I stood there and inspected the pizza and said, it's all in one piece. Here's your tip.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:47 AM   #99
molson
General Manager

Quote:
And, you know, be able to offer the service to you for the low cost it is. You don't have to participate, but for the people who do, it's good to suggest that they tip their courier.

What would be so terrible about Amazon paying the employees more, and charging a little extra for 2-hour delivery?

The tipping system basically offers a "dick discount" if you don't want to tip. Everyone else feels social obligation to. Why not charge the dicks as much as the non-dicks? The winners in the tipping culture system are corporations, and dicks who don't tip. The losers are generous people, and those who feel social pressure to follow the corporations' mandates.

Edit: I feel kind of the same way about piracy. People who pay for content subsidize the costs for all the people who steal. There too, the bad guys win. It'd be better if everyone paid their fair share. That's much more difficult to pull off in terms of piracy, but with tipping, it's pretty simple - just charge everybody the same and don't offer a "dick discount".

Last edited by molson : 07-14-2015 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:48 AM   #100
Logan
Head Coach

So my delivery options at this moment for said armband, without using Amazon Now, are as follows...

- Free 2 day Prime shipping
- $3.99 for one day shipping, getting it tomorrow
- $5.99 for same day delivery, and it will be here today

That seems to make a lot of sense.

Presumably if I use my office address (in NYC, whereas I live across the river in Hoboken NJ), I can use Amazon Now, and the $5.99 for same day delivery would be waived, and I'd get it in two hours. But be prompted to tip. Fine, I get it.

But isn't the "courier" inevitably the same guy in both examples? Someone is getting me my item today in example #1.