Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-20-2006, 06:54 PM   #701
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
However I would now add that I am VERY confident SNDVLS is not a necromancer at this time. I have no clue about Bek or Cronin however.

How?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #702
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
So what is the SnDvls logic? I'm just not seeing it, frankly.

Nor I. I don't see a good reason to vote for anybody.

Btw, did Schmidty vote for anybody yet? If he did, I missed it. (j/k)

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:57 PM   #703
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
How?

Take my word for it. However I am 100% sure.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #704
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The fact that he didn't say it was a typo until 50+ posts and 3.5 hours later despite people calling him on it was enough to get my vote since I don't see anyone acting any odder than him. (I don't know if odder is a word but it is now)

Plus he switched his vote to Bek 2 posts after I decided to vote for him putting bek and him in a tie once more. Unless someone sticks their foot in their mouth I don't see myself changing my vote.

Yes, it was very odd, but he is clean.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:59 PM   #705
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE BEK

Simply because a vote for SNDVLS wastes another day.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:00 PM   #706
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

awesome, I'm confused now...
Old 06-20-2006, 07:00 PM   #707
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Although I would be willing to move that to someone else if someone can present a better case. I'm just trying to make sure we don't lynch sun, as he is the only person I have any information about at this time.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:00 PM   #708
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
- each one can attack on a given night
- a single Necromancer has a 50% chance of achieving a night kill alone. If there are two involved, that percentage rises to 100%.
- if they attack the Elite Guard, Mummy, or Avatar by themselves, they die. If they attack with two members, they escape the Elite Guard, but one is killed by the Mummy or Avatar.
- if they attack another necromancer, there is a 25% chance that one dies before they identify each other as necromancers
- on a failed night kill, there is a 20% chance that the target learns the identity of the necromancer.
- once they identify a fellow necromancer they can communicate (PM, IM, etc)

I don't understand why saldana thinks I'm misunderstanding this. To me, it's very clear.

knives out
Old 06-20-2006, 07:02 PM   #709
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

It's simple really, unvote sun and vote someone else
Old 06-20-2006, 07:02 PM   #710
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just got back fron Date Night, let me go get caught up.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:03 PM   #711
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:

You're only just now getting confused? I've been lost for hours
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:04 PM   #712
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, we at least have some shred of a connection now between dubb and sndvls. It's better than anything else we've got. I'm not going to vote for sndvls, then.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #713
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I don't understand why saldana thinks I'm misunderstanding this. To me, it's very clear.

youre right...that post is very clear...its this post that isnt the same as that one that demonstrates what i am on about
Quote:
dola

If you attempt a kill, this is how it works out (I think):

50 percent success
BETTER than 50 percent success if another nec joins you (which is unlikely but possible)

If you attempt to kill a nec, there is a LARGE chance that you will recognize each other before killing one another.

If your kill fails, there is a small chance you will be recognized.

how can you say that the rules are clear and that you understand them, when in the 3rd line of this post, you very obviously dont understand them...so which one is it, do you understand them and just typed something completely wrong, or are you trying to confuse the issue of the rules so that you and another of your cronies both make an attack tonight and take advantage of the LARGE chance you will recognize one another.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #714
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's simple really, unvote sun and vote someone else

Heh, well I'm trying to figure out how you would know for sure he's one of us...

There's a couple of possibilities, none of which I will discuss since talking about them could aid the necromancers but it still leaves me in a quandry...

The only reason I voted for SnDvls was because he's been acting the wierdest yet you swear he's good. My vote for him has softened but since it's not affecting who gets lynched I'm not ready to switch it, yet.

Is the reason people are voting for Bek because he's been MIA?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #715
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
You're only just now getting confused? I've been lost for hours

ok, more confused
Old 06-20-2006, 07:08 PM   #716
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Because a succesful kill would have fantastic consequences. Imagine how f***ed up we'd be if there had been a KILL last night.

Were I a nec, I'd have definitely tried a kill.

dola, your LARGE statement, coupled with the line above, make it look to me like you are asking for an attempt at a night kill in the hopes that you can run into one of your friends..... plus we also now know that if you attempt a night kill, you find out if people left their rooms, so if you try to kill someone that isnt there, that gives you a damn could chance of hooking up with your buddy.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #717
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yea, that is pretty much the sole reason, however my reason is to make sure we don't lynch someone that I know to be innocent. I would rather take a chance at someone else who I know nothing about then knowingly let us lynch someone I know to be good.

My vote isn't set in stone right now, I just don't want to see us waste a day on Sun, and it seems right now it is either Sun or Bek so I had to make a choice.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #718
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
youre right...that post is very clear...its this post that isnt the same as that one that demonstrates what i am on about

how can you say that the rules are clear and that you understand them, when in the 3rd line of this post, you very obviously dont understand them...so which one is it, do you understand them and just typed something completely wrong, or are you trying to confuse the issue of the rules so that you and another of your cronies both make an attack tonight and take advantage of the LARGE chance you will recognize one another.

The third line is "If you attempt to kill a nec, there is a LARGE chance that you will recognize each other before killing one another."

That is true - there is only a 25% chance of a nec dying in that case. Or maybe you're talking about "BETTER than 50 percent success if another nec joins you (which is unlikely but possible)" - which is also true.

[irritated]Please quote the part that isn't true. I think it's YOU that doesn't understand the rules.[/irritated]

knives out
Old 06-20-2006, 07:12 PM   #719
Tyrith
College Starter

It's Day 2 and no one has any info at all, I don't think we're really going to be able to justify another candidate. I'm going to follow my fearless leader.

VOTE BEK
Old 06-20-2006, 07:13 PM   #720
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, I believe he's harping on the fact that if more than one Necromancer attacks the same person, it's a 100% chance of success -- which is a bit more significant than simply saying they have a better chance of success...they're guaranteed success.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #721
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yea, that is pretty much the sole reason, however my reason is to make sure we don't lynch someone that I know to be innocent. I would rather take a chance at someone else who I know nothing about then knowingly let us lynch someone I know to be good.

My vote isn't set in stone right now, I just don't want to see us waste a day on Sun, and it seems right now it is either Sun or Bek so I had to make a choice.

I understand that.

I'm curious as to what other people think about this.

unvote SnDvls

Pending further discussion I'm willing to withdraw my vote on him for now. I can't guarentee however I won't place it back on him. I don't know if I'm entirely comfortable with voting for Bek solely because he's been inactive (since that would be my reason, I have no reason to vote anyone else ATM) so I will remain voteless for a little while...
Old 06-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #722
saldana
Pro Starter

chubby, please dont take this the wrong way, but at this point, it would be better to take dubb's word for it and stop asking him how he knows.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #723
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Well, I believe he's harping on the fact that if more than one Necromancer attacks the same person, it's a 100% chance of success -- which is a bit more significant than simply saying they have a better chance of success...they're guaranteed success.

Well, thats just silly. It's like accusing me of being a nec because I didn't use an apostrophe.

knives out
Old 06-20-2006, 07:14 PM   #724
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yikes, i better make sure i keep posting so i dont get a neuce for no reason
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:15 PM   #725
st.cronin
General Manager

I just want to point out that it's entirely possible that dubb and Sn are both necs, and that dubb has figured that out about Sn, or something. We really are completely blind today.

knives out
Old 06-20-2006, 07:16 PM   #726
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Vote Bek

Because I have nothing else to go on.

I'll be out for the rest of the night, not feeling well.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:16 PM   #727
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
The third line is "If you attempt to kill a nec, there is a LARGE chance that you will recognize each other before killing one another."

That is true - there is only a 25% chance of a nec dying in that case. Or maybe you're talking about "BETTER than 50 percent success if another nec joins you (which is unlikely but possible)" - which is also true.

[irritated]Please quote the part that isn't true. I think it's YOU that doesn't understand the rules.[/irritated]

i did quote the line that is wrong....BETTER than 50 percent is not what is clearly stated at all....it very clearly says two Necs at once is 100% kill.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:17 PM   #728
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
I just want to point out that it's entirely possible that dubb and Sn are both necs, and that dubb has figured that out about Sn, or something. We really are completely blind today.

Agreed. And yes, it is silly to vote for you based on the little error...but we don't have much other than 'silly' to go on right now.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #729
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
chubby, please dont take this the wrong way, but at this point, it would be better to take dubb's word for it and stop asking him how he knows.
Noted. See my post above yours. Not taken the wrong way, I'm always appreciative of any help i can get

I'm not used to these curveballs and I'm pretty sure I can't connect the dots like others can. So i'll pretty much listen til I need to vote before 10 EST
Old 06-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #730
Tyrith
College Starter

Cronin, that's quite possibly true, but it's also a big risk to out themselves this early. We're going to get more info in the next couple of days and if one is bad, we're gonna wind up killing both of them because of this link. Given absolutely no other info I'm inclined to just go with it.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:19 PM   #731
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
this is what i was referring to as your faulty logic

its completely wrong. seeing as how the rules are pretty complex, i could understand you not getting the whole percentages of sucess thing, except for the fact that i posted that section of the rules about 25 posts before your version of it, and then i elaborated on it in a reply to lathum about 10 posts after that. I have always considered you to be a pretty meticulous player, so for you to have missed the explanation once back in post one, but then to miss it 2 more times....i think you may be trying to advertise to your fellow necrophiliacs that you are one of them.

Of everybody whose logic I've read, this makes the most sense to me.

Vote St. Cronin

-Anxiety

Old 06-20-2006, 07:19 PM   #732
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, thats just silly. It's like accusing me of being a nec because I didn't use an apostrophe.

let me just make it clear, i am accusing you because i think they way you posted the same information i did makes it look like you are trying to entice an attack...the only people that get information from that are the other necs that are out at the time. the rules dont have a witness, so unless its a surprise role (which i doubt because hoops hates that mechanic)...the people that benefit most from an attack are the necs....they either get a kill, find out who is outside at night, or meet up with one another, with only a small chance of being recognized by one of us.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:20 PM   #733
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
i did quote the line that is wrong....BETTER than 50 percent is not what is clearly stated at all....it very clearly says two Necs at once is 100% kill.

Which actually I knew; if it was worded badly I apologize. But consider that placing the odds at 100% makes my logic more sensible then if it were less than 100%. So, I don't know what your point is.

knives out
Old 06-20-2006, 07:21 PM   #734
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Getting close to the end, i wonder who will change their votes at the last second.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:21 PM   #735
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Vote Bek

he voted for me the first day, revenge will be sweet. plus i have no clue as to who a nec might be
Old 06-20-2006, 07:22 PM   #736
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
let me just make it clear, i am accusing you because i think they way you posted the same information i did makes it look like you are trying to entice an attack...

It would not be the first time that a good guy tried to "entice an attack." Although with the badguys not knowing who they are, I do see your point.

knives out
Old 06-20-2006, 07:23 PM   #737
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

dubb, do i take this to mean that you disagree with what i am seeing in cronin's posts and he isnt a viable vote in your opinion?

Just looking for another perspective.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:24 PM   #738
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
let me just make it clear, i am accusing you because i think they way you posted the same information i did makes it look like you are trying to entice an attack...the only people that get information from that are the other necs that are out at the time. the rules dont have a witness, so unless its a surprise role (which i doubt because hoops hates that mechanic)...the people that benefit most from an attack are the necs....they either get a kill, find out who is outside at night, or meet up with one another, with only a small chance of being recognized by one of us.

Huh...you've been hinting at this all day (or maybe just saying it straight out, and I've just missed it), and only now am I truly getting it. And it makes a damned lot of sense.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:25 PM   #739
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
let me just make it clear, i am accusing you because i think they way you posted the same information i did makes it look like you are trying to entice an attack...

It would not be the first time that a good guy tried to "entice an attack." Although with the badguys not knowing who they are, I do see your point

wait, if Cronin was a nec he would hope another nec would attack so they could get together then right?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:25 PM   #740
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Because a succesful kill would have fantastic consequences. Imagine how f***ed up we'd be if there had been a KILL last night.

Were I a nec, I'd have definitely tried a kill.

dola,

Dubb, this is the post that started the bells going off....i see this as a message to other necs that he wants to try a kill tonight. how would we all be f***ed up by a night kill....there are night kills every night in most other WW games...the statement just doesnt make a lot of sense to me...then the last line seems more like a proposition than a supposition.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:25 PM   #741
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
dubb, do i take this to mean that you disagree with what i am seeing in cronin's posts and he isnt a viable vote in your opinion?

Just looking for another perspective.

Seems like in that context he's saying they are the leading vote-getters. Though I must admit, I'm not keeping good track of who has how many votes.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:28 PM   #742
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
dola,

Dubb, this is the post that started the bells going off....i see this as a message to other necs that he wants to try a kill tonight. how would we all be f***ed up by a night kill....there are night kills every night in most other WW games...the statement just doesnt make a lot of sense to me...then the last line seems more like a proposition than a supposition.

No, actually I was hoping someone would unvote Sun or vote Cronin so I could change my vote

UNVOTE BEK

VOTE ST. CRONIN

I didn't like the idea of voting someone just to be voting them like people are doing to Bek, but it was much better than the main alternative at the time.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:28 PM   #743
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #741:

Chubby - Lathum (572)
Schmidty - Cronin (615)
Cronin - Saldana (618), Schmidty (659), Anxiety (731)
SnDvls - Kingfc (625), Coffee (643)
Pass - Vince (660)
Bek - Alan T (668), Path (671), SnDvls (691), Dubb (705), Tyrith (719), Qwik (726), bullet (735)
Tanglewood - Pass (683)

Not voted - Barkeep, Bek, Blade, Tangle, Chubby
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #744
Tyrith
College Starter

Right now bek has 7, with cronin and sndvls each with 3.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #745
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

updated vote tally anyone?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:30 PM   #746
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
wait, if Cronin was a nec he would hope another nec would attack so they could get together then right?

here is what i think....cronin is a nec........he is basically inviting one of his nec buddies to try an attack tonight so while he is out, he will see who else is out, he may pick the same person to attack, or he may be the target and have a 75% chance of recognizing the attacker as another necro.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:30 PM   #747
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Chubby - Lathum (572)
Schmidty - Cronin (615)
Cronin - Saldana (618), Schmidty (659), Anxiety (731), Dubb [742]
SnDvls - Kingfc (625), Coffee (643)
Pass - Vince (660)
Bek - Alan T (668), Path (671), SnDvls (691), Tyrith (719), Qwik (726), bullet (735)
Tanglewood - Pass (683)

Not voted - Barkeep, Bek, Blade, Tangle, Chubby
Old 06-20-2006, 07:30 PM   #748
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola,

I absolutely agree with this logic. I think there is a better chance of st. cronin being dirty than Bek who admitted he was ill.

-Anxiety

Old 06-20-2006, 07:30 PM   #749
Tyrith
College Starter

Dola, forgot to delete Chubby's vote off my spreadsheet. Second time I've done that already.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:31 PM   #750
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

UNVOTE Bek

Vote Cronin

something does smell. although it still looks bleak for Bek. man if he wants to live he better get his butt in here and post