Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2006, 09:39 PM   #851
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Blade lynched himself here, and I still say Saldana is 100% on the emperor's side

No. I actually tend to believe you about Saldana, but Blade did NOT lynch himself. You, Saldana and Fouts did that. Your motives may well have been good. The result obviously leaves quite a bit to be desired.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:44 PM   #852
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I was told that I am sure 100% that he is devoted to the emperor. I dont know enough about the story to know if someone can be mutant and devoted to the emperor. All I know is Blade was and still is wrong about Saldana being chaos or a wolf.

I would think so, if Chaos wins, they won't so, they really don't want the emperor overthrown.

Not saying Sal is 100% a mutant but, is a case for you thinking he is 100% for the emperor and he isn't Chaotic.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:45 PM   #853
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
No. I actually tend to believe you about Saldana, but Blade did NOT lynch himself. You, Saldana and Fouts did that. Your motives may well have been good. The result obviously leaves quite a bit to be desired.

He was given many opportunities though to present his case, and he chose not to. Maybe I am too close to the situation here, but I just don't see how he didn't seem suspicious with his actions.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 09:46 PM   #854
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Do you have a timeline for that? I had to glaze over things, but my impression was that Alan came out in support of saldana unbidden, before saldana had received any heat.

I did a kind of timeline in post 681 (page 14 for me).
Old 08-30-2006, 09:47 PM   #855
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo
I still think we should be at some of the more non-confrontational people.

Kind of hard to look at the quiet people when there's a riot goin' on......
Old 08-30-2006, 09:52 PM   #856
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
He was given many opportunities though to present his case, and he chose not to. Maybe I am too close to the situation here, but I just don't see how he didn't seem suspicious with his actions.

Well, he presented his case well enough so that seven of us believed him. I think some folks just find Blade easy to vote for no matter what he says. Which is a shame, because although Blade can be a pain in the ass, he's also a helluva player and a huge help when good.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:53 PM   #857
path12
Coordinator

Dola, I mean pain in the ass in the nicest possible way, Blade.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:57 PM   #858
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, he presented his case well enough so that seven of us believed him. I think some folks just find Blade easy to vote for no matter what he says. Which is a shame, because although Blade can be a pain in the ass, he's also a helluva player and a huge help when good.

I personally enjoy playing with Blade and have no problems with him. My sole reason for voting him was he was convinced someone I knew was good was bad and didnt back down.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:03 PM   #859
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I personally enjoy playing with Blade and have no problems with him. My sole reason for voting him was he was convinced someone I knew was good was bad and didnt back down.

I know Alan, I wondered how that was going to read and apologize if it came out wrong. I wasn't really referring to anyone in particular, just reacting to how the last few games have gone with him going out early a lot lately.

When I left my office I was 75% you and Saldana were bad. Catching up to deadline, that number is going down quite a bit. As of this moment I wouldn't vote for either of you tomorrow.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:03 PM   #860
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You ever see him back down from anything? He believed what he saw to be the truth, and he was good and devoted to the Emporer. And he's dead because of a crusade you and saldana led against him.

Personally, if I were you, I would try to be coming up with something, anything, to explain how both of your versions (yours/saldana's & Blade's) are true. I mean something besides "don't kill me, I'm good".

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #861
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You ever see him back down from anything? He believed what he saw to be the truth, and he was good and devoted to the Emporer. And he's dead because of a crusade you and saldana led against him.

Personally, if I were you, I would try to be coming up with something, anything, to explain how both of your versions (yours/saldana's & Blade's) are true. I mean something besides "don't kill me, I'm good".

Im not going to try to fabricate something just to make Blade's story work with mine. I assume after the game is over, we will figure that all out. I'll keep telling the truth and if that gets me lynched so be it. I'm not going to make up stuff to explain things I don't know. I told you all what I did know and so far I have not been proven wrong. (I still say Saldana is 100% on the emperor's side.)
Old 08-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #862
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

If Blade was an Imperial and Sal was a mutant, in his eyes (or whatever his role was), Sal whould be bad and possible Sal would be seen as 'not bad' since he was a mutant.

Although.. if Sal is a mutant, we want him gone. Geez.. I missed the obvious that we want a complete victory and that is to eliminate chaos AND mutants.

Anyone.. anyone.. bueller..

Oh well, 24 hours to hash anything out.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 08-30-2006, 10:12 PM   #863
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
If Blade was an Imperial and Sal was a mutant, in his eyes (or whatever his role was), Sal whould be bad and possible Sal would be seen as 'not bad' since he was a mutant.

Could you say this again using different words? I didn't quite get where you were going with this.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:13 PM   #864
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Blade never said Saldana was a mutant IIRC. Blade was trying to bait GE and Grey yesterday. He switched to Saldana after Sal said he saw Blade talking to a still unknown person, because Blade knew he never left his residence.

Then everything went to hell and it turned into Blade/Saldana.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:19 PM   #865
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Although.. if Sal is a mutant, we want him gone. Geez.. I missed the obvious that we want a complete victory and that is to eliminate chaos AND mutants.

Anyone.. anyone.. bueller..

Oh well, 24 hours to hash anything out.

Yup, I noted the complete victory conditions as well, and that's why I originally pushed for GE earlier today. I felt (and still feel) that his Day 1 actions were very odd, but not so much like a wolf. That's why I hypothesized he is a mutant and should be voted for, for lack of another target (at the time). Some continued odd patterns of posting today, along with Blade's revelation of the conversation between Greyroofoo and GE have only added to my suspicions.

That said, I am still not ready to give Alan T/sal a free pass here. Has it occurred to anyone that they may have hatched this whole plan as wolves in PM's, and took a calculated risk by aiming at Blade, whom has been known to be an easy voting target who is not well trusted. If it fails, of course, it could backfire disastrously, but if it succeeds (and it did), Alan and saldana could very well spin it exactly as they are now, setting themselves up as good and wide open. If there are three wolves, too, it wouldn't necessarily end the game to do this, still leaving a possibility for victory even if it fails.

Is it a stretch? Of course. But it is one version of today's events that explains the difference in stories between Blade and saldana--saldana could be lying.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:24 PM   #866
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Blade never said Saldana was a mutant IIRC. Blade was trying to bait GE and Grey yesterday. He switched to Saldana after Sal said he saw Blade talking to a still unknown person, because Blade knew he never left his residence.

Then everything went to hell and it turned into Blade/Saldana.

That's another thing I still don't get. How does saldana not know who he followed last night? He said he didn't follow Blade, but the person he followed met Blade. He claimed to not know who he followed. I thought the witness selected who he follows; how would saldana not know this?

Perhaps it's some twist in the witness role for this particular WW game by tanglewood. Or perhaps saldana (and Alan) didn't want to name another player, because they knew doing so would bring on two people discouting their story, instead of just Blade. Blade by himself you can blow by, because people don't trust him in WW games. If Blade and someone else both denied a meeting (presumeably someone with more believability), it would be harder to ward off the naysayers.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:29 PM   #867
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm really puzzled by what happened yesterday. I was as sure that Blade would turn up funky as I've been about somebody in a long time. There were too many holes in his story. I assume that he was probably spinning some shit, and the question is WHY. What happened that night - I would still like to hear more from GE and greyroofoo about that. I would like GE to explain the game mechanic which allowed him to know that Blade was good. I would like to hear more from Alan about why saldana is so important, even though saldana himself said his witness was a 1-time use. I would like to kill some Chaos. But, alas, I wait in my cell with Fouts.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:29 PM   #868
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

My current suspect list:

1. saldana
2. GE
3. Greyroofoo
4. AlanT (but he jumps to the top if sal turns bad)
5. Fouts
5. bulletsponge (because the bastard keeps voting for me )

I don't have much trust for anyone, but I feel a good level of trust for twothree, st. cronin and path. Although I am not sure I would have put Fouts and st. cronin together in the security chamber.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:30 PM   #869
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Yup, I noted the complete victory conditions as well, and that's why I originally pushed for GE earlier today. I felt (and still feel) that his Day 1 actions were very odd, but not so much like a wolf. That's why I hypothesized he is a mutant and should be voted for, for lack of another target (at the time). Some continued odd patterns of posting today, along with Blade's revelation of the conversation between Greyroofoo and GE have only added to my suspicions.

That said, I am still not ready to give Alan T/sal a free pass here. Has it occurred to anyone that they may have hatched this whole plan as wolves in PM's, and took a calculated risk by aiming at Blade, whom has been known to be an easy voting target who is not well trusted. If it fails, of course, it could backfire disastrously, but if it succeeds (and it did), Alan and saldana could very well spin it exactly as they are now, setting themselves up as good and wide open. If there are three wolves, too, it wouldn't necessarily end the game to do this, still leaving a possibility for victory even if it fails.

Is it a stretch? Of course. But it is one version of today's events that explains the difference in stories between Blade and saldana--saldana could be lying.

I have thought about this, too. Perhaps saldana/Alan = Chaos, and greyroofoo/GE = mutants?

knives out
Old 08-30-2006, 10:35 PM   #870
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I have thought about this, too. Perhaps saldana/Alan = Chaos, and greyroofoo/GE = mutants?

In my hypotheses, that is how it would play out. Although the one flaw there is that I don't think mutants can "convert", like you would think Chaos could. After all, either you are a mutant or you are not. So if GE and greyroofoo are mutants, then that meeting wasn't about converting. And if it wasn't about converting, what the heck was it about?

Old 08-30-2006, 10:36 PM   #871
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
My current suspect list:

1. saldana
2. GE
3. Greyroofoo
4. AlanT (but he jumps to the top if sal turns bad)
5. Fouts
5. bulletsponge (because the bastard keeps voting for me )

I don't have much trust for anyone, but I feel a good level of trust for twothree, st. cronin and path. Although I am not sure I would have put Fouts and st. cronin together in the security chamber.

Why Fouts? And why do you trust path? Path has twice made what I consider to be an odd move.

knives out
Old 08-30-2006, 10:41 PM   #872
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why Fouts? And why do you trust path? Path has twice made what I consider to be an odd move.

I would have to go back and look to be sure, but my impression is that Fouts was vocal earleir today in support of sal and Alan. He did vote for Blade, and was the tiebreaker that got Blade killed.

path is just a hunch, really. He voted for greyroofoo, who was probably my primary suspect today if I didn't feel responsibility to participate in the close vote so close to the deadline (I didn't want to hide from the Blade/sal debate). He has also made some comments and observations that I tend to agree with, so maybe it's as simple as he thinks like me AND I am good SO he must be good. My trust in path is weaker than it is with you and twothree.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:42 PM   #873
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
In my hypotheses, that is how it would play out. Although the one flaw there is that I don't think mutants can "convert", like you would think Chaos could. After all, either you are a mutant or you are not. So if GE and greyroofoo are mutants, then that meeting wasn't about converting. And if it wasn't about converting, what the heck was it about?

Could one of them have been giving instructions to the other?
Old 08-30-2006, 10:44 PM   #874
twothree
College Prospect

Finally got caught up. My head is spinning. Chaos is mighty strong in this game of Werewolf. I applaud whoever is behind all of it. Even if it turns out to be the villagers causing the chaos.

I would like to point out that saldana was the first to vote for Realdeal on day 1 and lobbied for his execution. Result realdeal the invulnerable to night kills player was executed and was an imperium. Then on day 2 saldana was the first to vote for blade and lobbied for his execution. Result Blade the bodyguard was executed and turned out to be an imperium. Remember this for later everbody.

Having wrote that, I will not be voting for saldana tommorrow. I will be casting my vote for greyroofoo, who tried to meet with GoldenEagle and possibly tried to convert him.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:49 PM   #875
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD
Could one of them have been giving instructions to the other?

Hmm, maybe. Can mutants communicate via PM? I would guess that that bit about the mental psyker suggests no, that it is a one time per night thing. But then, if you can communicate telepathically (isn't that what psykers do, someone who knows this universe confirm please, Mustang?), would you bother to meet in person?

I think another possibility is that greyroofoo might be a wolf, and the wolves decided that GE acted odd enough to be a potential target for conversion. In that way, a conversion could happen--convert GE into a Chaos mutant (and how F'd up would that be?).

But that's just speculation out of my ass, I will admit. That meeting between GE and greyroofoo is really odd, and I don't buy their explanation for a minute.

Old 08-30-2006, 10:51 PM   #876
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I will say, if Saldana ends up being against the Emperor, lynch me. Since my usefulness is zilch. The only information I have provided so far in this game is that killing him would be bad. If that information is wrong, what good am I?
Old 08-30-2006, 10:55 PM   #877
Fouts
College Starter

Well, it appears we were duped. Blade's story was so crappy that I didn't think there was a way for it to be the truth.

Some people are holding back information, which isn't helping us. Waiting until the deadline to post you know somebody is good doesn't help.

If you want to lynch me over the blade kill, go ahead. My only usefulness is in the tiebreakers. I'm going to try and stay low tomorrow and let somebody else take the lead. I royally screwed this one up.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:59 PM   #878
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
I will say, if Saldana ends up being against the Emperor, lynch me. Since my usefulness is zilch. The only information I have provided so far in this game is that killing him would be bad. If that information is wrong, what good am I?

for all we know, your a badie who scaned him somehow, found oput he was a goodguy and is now hiding behind him. if things went bad today or tomorow Sal would get the axe first most likely, he would turn up good, thus making you look better.
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #879
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

As a note, psykers abilities aren't limited to items just as being psychic and communicating. There are alot of different abilities that can be done by a psyker depending on what they are. For example, Chaos psykers could summon demons while other races just may use their abilities for a defensives nature. Essentially, psykers are magic users (in a way). It is also possible for a psyker to be demonically possessed or even go insane. As a further note, the Astronomican is essentially a large group of strong psykers that allow for faster than light communication and are attached to the emperor...
Old 08-30-2006, 11:02 PM   #880
st.cronin
General Manager

Golden Eagle and greyroofoo really need to explain themselves, I think.

knives out
Old 08-30-2006, 11:04 PM   #881
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree
Having wrote that, I will not be voting for saldana tommorrow. I will be casting my vote for greyroofoo, who tried to meet with GoldenEagle and possibly tried to convert him.

I don't think Grey tried to convert GE. If Blade can be believed (which he probably now can), he was standing watch over GE last night. If Grey was going there to convert GE, the bodyguard should have worked to fend him off. I'm believing that Grey and GE are already on the same team. That is the only way it makes sense that he got past the bodyguard. I'm just not sure which team they are on.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:05 PM   #882
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Golden Eagle and greyroofoo really need to explain themselves, I think.

I would concur.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:05 PM   #883
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Could you say this again using different words? I didn't quite get where you were going with this.

I meant that it was possible that Blade was right in that Sal was bad. (mutants and chaos are both bad to the Imperials)

It could also mean that, if scanned, Sal could be viewed as 'For the Emperor'.

Hope that makes a little more sense...

I thought before that maybe this was the case going on that one group was a mutant and one group good. Although.. it is still a hunch but, the above case could explain alot more.

And, if it is the case, I would have to vote Sal tomorrow as it stands.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:08 PM   #884
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I don't think Grey tried to convert GE. If Blade can be believed (which he probably now can), he was standing watch over GE last night. If Grey was going there to convert GE, the bodyguard should have worked to fend him off. I'm believing that Grey and GE are already on the same team. That is the only way it makes sense that he got past the bodyguard. I'm just not sure which team they are on.

There is a certain logic to that. Is it possible in this scenario that AlanT and saldana are telling the truth? Is there any way to make that fit?

knives out
Old 08-30-2006, 11:08 PM   #885
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Note: I know I'm taking alot of liberties here in trying to explain what was happening today and just coming up with one possible scenario... Could just be waaaaay overthinking it. (Don't we all have the tendency to do that..)
Old 08-30-2006, 11:13 PM   #886
Fouts
College Starter

How did twothree and GE know that blade was good? Can anyone explain that?
Old 08-30-2006, 11:15 PM   #887
st.cronin
General Manager

Also I'm pretty sure that greyroofoo and GE have given conflicting accounts of their meeting ... which is really pretty mind blowing when you think about it.

knives out
Old 08-30-2006, 11:17 PM   #888
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Also I'm pretty sure that greyroofoo and GE have given conflicting accounts of their meeting ... which is really pretty mind blowing when you think about it.

Misinformation works against us, I don't know what they are doing. Too many shady people in this game.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:17 PM   #889
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts

Personally.. no idea. Not this many people can have this many roles but, sure alot of people that 'know' everything about alot of people.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:19 PM   #890
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Misinformation works against us, I don't know what they are doing. Too many shady people in this game.

I agree. Question for you: If you were path, what would you have done night 1?

knives out
Old 08-30-2006, 11:23 PM   #891
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I agree. Question for you: If you were path, what would you have done night 1?

Well after day 1 I thought the most important person was GE. I'm not sure what your role does. I haven't had any problems with path's choices though. His job is pretty difficult.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:25 PM   #892
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Well after day 1 I thought the most important person was GE. I'm not sure what your role does. I haven't had any problems with path's choices though. His job is pretty difficult.

I'm just surprised that he hasn't locked himself up. That would have been my night 1 move.

knives out
Old 08-30-2006, 11:26 PM   #893
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I'm just surprised that he hasn't locked himself up. That would have been my night 1 move.

Good point. He trusts you enough to keep you safe, but not alone with him.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:28 PM   #894
st.cronin
General Manager

Golden Eagle is in thread and still refusing to explain himself.

knives out
Old 08-30-2006, 11:29 PM   #895
Fouts
College Starter

saldana has been sitting in the thread for a long time, too. I wish we could PM each other since we're locked up together.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:34 PM   #896
st.cronin
General Manager

Hopefully morning brings some solid, trustworthy information.

knives out
Old 08-31-2006, 12:29 AM   #897
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I thought of that, but what really happened was this. It was originally going to be you and one other person who shall remain nameless. This other person would not have been able to use his night action if he had been in the cell. I discovered this very near my deadline. So I removed him and decided that I didn't trust anyone enough to be put in with you and frankly at that deadline didn't think of putting myself in.

I may have to cancel some night actions in the future though now that our bodyguard is dead.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:30 AM   #898
path12
Coordinator

Dola, that first part should read 'I thought of that after the fact,'
Old 08-31-2006, 12:31 AM   #899
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

It was explained at the time, but I'll wait until after morning to discuss it further.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:50 AM   #900
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Good point. He trusts you enough to keep you safe, but not alone with him.

For the delayed quadruple dola, there's truth to this statement. That's partly why you're both in there together.