Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2023, 01:48 PM   #101
Kodos
Resident Alien

I haven't noticed any cutbacks in the numbers of new riding workouts on Peloton. I do wish they had more 80s-themed rides, but they have to please a bunch of different genre-fans. Since my father moved out of our basement (where the Peloton is located), I've definitely had a spike in Peloton rides and non-Peloton strength workouts. I generally do 3-4 rides a week and 2 strength workouts each week. And I've been setting new PRs lately, which I hadn't really been doing when Dad was still living with us. And I'm doing the best about getting in strength workouts since when I was still in my early 20s. I don't really enjoy strength workouts like I do aerobic workouts, but I've gotten into the habit now.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-07-2023 at 01:50 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 02:14 PM   #102
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I don't really know anything about how Peloton works - are they mostly individual workouts? With IFIT, it's almost always a series of workouts in a location, either US or someone in the world. They are almost all themed in some way, whether it's a beginner cardio series, or a walking series in an historic location, or an intermediate interval series, or a "run a 10K" series, etc.

So when something new comes out, it's a series of workouts, but those series have definitely been cut back in number. Before, there were multiple series of 20+ workouts and several 2-part series which were 30 workouts each to make up a 10K or half-marathon series, split across different parts of the world. In the past year, the only series I can think of that even reached 20 workouts are Tommy Rivs' Road to Recovery series, probably their most popular trainer who is coming back from a life-threatening cancer ordeal. He's done 3 series so far, and they are basically walking series because that's about all he can do. Everything else has been 12 workouts or less, which is disappointing.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 02:31 PM   #103
Kodos
Resident Alien

Peloton is more individual workouts with a theme. They are broken out by different lengths (5, 10, 20, 30, 45 mins, 1 hour, etc.), and then usually have a workout type (HIIT, hills, power zone, w/ arm exercises or w/out, etc.). Then, while you are riding, you have a leaderboard, which you can hide if you don't want it. I love the leaderboard because I'm a competitive person, so I enjoy passing people who are in their 20s. Some rides also have a start-at-the-same time feature so you get more of a realtime leaderboard, as opposed to seeing people who started earlier or later than you who are doing the same ride. I don't really use that feature. Never want to wait 5 minutes to start.

They also have stretching workouts, core work, yoga, meditation, etc. I only really use the rides, so my details on this extra stuff are sketchy.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-07-2023 at 02:32 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 02:37 PM   #104
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Yeah, IFIT added a bunch of meditation, pregnancy, stretching, and some mind exercise stuff that are 5-15 minute "workouts" that really aren't workouts and not my focus at all. IFIT's leaderboard, which they got rid of after settling with Peloton, really wasn't real-time at all since there's no synching of workouts between people. It just had a history of people who had finished anywhere from 5 minutes ago to 5 years ago and you were "competing" against people whose times were set in stone. I used it a few times when doing some marathon section workouts (they have a collection of actual marathon runs broken up into 6-7 individual workouts), but never really thought much of it. And with the money crunch, it's no wonder they settled that suit.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 08-07-2023 at 02:38 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote