Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #201
SegRat
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
For me, the procedure itself was uncomfortable, but nothing that rose to the level of wishing I had heavy duty pain pills or valium. Post-surgery, Tylenol and rest were enough.

Good luck.

I agree
Old 02-04-2016, 07:50 PM   #202
Mota
College Benchwarmer

They put some stuff on your junk to put it to sleep before the numbing needles. You really shouldn't feel any pain at all to be honest. Just "uncomfortable" as Albionmoonlight put it. The sounds of the clippers was the worst thing for me. To be honest, I was talking to the nurse about good TV shows while the doctor was doing the procedure.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:51 AM   #203
Icy
Pro Starter

I had it done 2 years ago. We have two boys already and as some of you might remember as I wrote about it here when it happened, my first daughter die a week after she was born and we never knew the cause at 100%, it could have been some genetic issue even when we were tested and nothing ever came out, but every new kid (specially girls) were some kind of a gamble and we had enough, plus my wife can't take the pill, so it was condoms always.

For me as others have said, the surgery was just uncomfortable, except when they pulled from the "cords" to cut and laser burn them up. The left one was painful for a few seconds, like when you get a hit in your balls and the pain feels around the bottom of the stomach. I remember I complained when i felt it and the doctor told me that he pulled a lot to cut a long amount from the tubes to make sure it won't accidentally fix itself in the future as it might happen after surgery in rare cases. I was not specially nervous about it. It also helped that he was also a funny guy joking all the time with me and the nurse helping him, when I complained about the pain, he asked me if a was a Real Madrid (soccer) fan, because the Atletico Madrid ones are not as pussies as Real Madrid ones

The post surgery that was just uncomfortable too for the first 24 hours, but Tylenol every 8 hours and an iced pea bag was enough. I was told to stay at home for a few days but I was working at the office in 48 hours (I work with computers so not any physical work).

After a week i tried to run and felt also some pain on every step so I had to stop, but to tell you the true, I was told to wait at least 2 weeks before running again.

After those two weeks I started running again and felt nothing.

Anyway it's not something I remember specially bad and for sure I would to it again. Just avoid fooling yourself that after surgery you will have sex anytime and anywhere with your couple, we all think we will, but it won't happen

Last edited by Icy : 02-05-2016 at 04:05 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:41 AM   #204
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Just avoid fooling yourself that after surgery you will have sex anytime and anywhere with your couple, we all think we will, but it won't happen

QFT
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 12:24 PM   #205
PilotMan
Head Coach

T +4hrs now and I can't say it's a great feeling. Kind of like someone having a tight squeeze on my balls.

The Dr and I had a nice chat about my job and his name being Cox and being a Urologist.

It's not awful. I do remember being in mid-conversation and letting out an "Oh Shit!" as he pulled on the right side. Lol. I'm happy it's over at least.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:48 AM   #206
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well it looks like I an the exception to the rule. It's been 10 days now and and I still haven't been back to work. My left buddy has been very swollen and sore. It's about the size of an egg.

I started on antibiotics but I don't think that's the problem. Most of the things that I've read say that in 1-2% of cases you can get a hematoma in the testicle. It's heavy, uncomfortable and it might take months to resolve itself.

I don't seem to have any other symptoms and the pain comes. It's worst when moving around a lot, and getting up or down. I'm still hoping that it'll be resolved when I finish this course of medicine, but I'm not optimistic. I hope I'm right, and that it's nothing more serious either. There really is not timetable on the recovery.

So there you go. Post op isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm not lovin' it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:55 AM   #207
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

You have made me not want to eat peas ever again now.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote