Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #251
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
lol... cool. I was wondering how you were going to make this game not last a couple of months with 20 players and no regular NK

Seriously, I like this just because we can really engage in some analysis of people without worrying about them getting defensive and drawing heat on yourself.

until tomorrow when they can read what we said. Jackal can we read what their thread if they ever come back here?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #252
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
To hoops - Why DV? I know there's no good answer to this question, but I still have to ask.

For reasons that had nothing to do with this game - it was how Crimson died last game, as the "villager who was kinda screwed by circumstances". Where DV was on the block Day 1, survived it, and had trust the rest of the way despite barely being in the thread. I just figured that Crimson deserved a longer leash out of those two based on how the previous game had played out.

It was Day 1 - I don't think there was a real case for/against either of them, as I noted to Telle just prior to the deadline. And the big-time lack of movement made me think there was no particularly good choice to be had among those two candidates today.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #253
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Thank you hoops. I am totally grateful, even if you are a wolf, thank you.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:22 PM   #254
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, if we were one big group, my decision for today would come down to weighing how much losing a villager hoops would hurt versus how much getting rid of a wolf hoops would hurt + not wanting him to hunt me down until the end of his days (which would matter more if I was a wolf, obviously.) But that isn't going to be the choice for me today.

Honestly, I'm curious how the other thread will come down on the issue, especially since he's usually a bulldog when under pressure and won't be able to defend himself today. I think we have more of the talkers in this thread, though, so who knows.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #255
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
For reasons that had nothing to do with this game - it was how Crimson died last game, as the "villager who was kinda screwed by circumstances". Where DV was on the block Day 1, survived it, and had trust the rest of the way despite barely being in the thread. I just figured that Crimson deserved a longer leash out of those two based on how the previous game had played out.

It was Day 1 - I don't think there was a real case for/against either of them, as I noted to Telle just prior to the deadline. And the big-time lack of movement made me think there was no particularly good choice to be had among those two candidates today.

I completely buy this, and I know you wouldn't screw around with me on this kind of thing. Although it would make nice cover fire if you were a wolf, but that's the nature of the beast.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #256
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
The following players are allowed within this thread during day 2:

bhlloy
PackerFanatic
CrimsonFox
Tyrith
Narcizo
Danny
hoopsguy
Zinto
J23

Let's see.

Danny did not vote day 1 and there's been no sign of him.
Packer made only one appearance. Narcizo won't be on until late. Zinto has been here but hasn't said anything (granted I never think this means anything either way), and J23 has also not been on much today.

We certainly have an utr crew here. And that was hilarious that ntn cast an utr vote.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #257
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

LOL I just said the opposite of you Tyrith
Old 05-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #258
Tyrith
College Starter

Well, to be fair, I'm also remembering back to a different era in WW, when hoops was less busy with work during the day, and I remember Danny as a talker. Narcizo is obviously a talker. But I don't really know enough about a lot of you guys to say for sure - most of the regular players I played most of my WW games with don't play anymore.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #259
Zinto
College Starter

Well a very interesting mechanic and one that threw me through a loop. I am wondering if the two wolf groups got split up into the two rooms or if it had something to do with which room we voted for.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:31 PM   #260
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, my initial thoughts - in a game where we won't have any seer, I want guys that are talkers/analyzers to stick around longer.

Abe, Autumn, and mckerney are the guys I would prefer not to vote off with this in mind. I have mckerney in the list because I think he seemed interested in participating in analysis more today than I've seen him in past games.

Telle
Abe Sargent
Autumn
dwardzala
mauboy1
mckerney
MrBug708
ntndeacon
Schmidty
Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #261
Danny
Head Coach

Sorry guys, I did not get a vote in thread or a PMed room vote to Jackal. I thought I was going to be able to be back and online much sooner.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #262
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
There are three door options.

The first is yellow, has the letter Z and a number sequence: 1 5 4 2 4 4 1 4 6 1

The second is brown, has the letter F and a number sequence: 5 7 5 5 2 2 9 7 8 7

The third is maroon, has the letter T and a number sequence: 6 1 8 6 6 3 8 5 4 9

Looking at these number sequences, it felt like I was playing a game of liars poker. I just pulled out a single and there are a total of ten characters on the bill. So I guess that doesn't line up since the bills have two characters surrounding 8 numbers. Here we have one character and ten numbers.

If anyone can come up with any reason to further explore this idea, go for it. I think it is a dead end, but figured I may as well post it in case someone comes up with something based on some random free-flow thought off of this idea.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #263
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, to be fair, I'm also remembering back to a different era in WW, when hoops was less busy with work during the day, and I remember Danny as a talker. Narcizo is obviously a talker. But I don't really know enough about a lot of you guys to say for sure - most of the regular players I played most of my WW games with don't play anymore.

Re: Danny. Not that much anymore. He usually gets nightkilled night one and so ...well...dead men tell no tales. And when he isn't I think he's cautious about talking (although not to put words into someone else's mouth for why)

And exactly, Tyrith. Whole different bunch with different motivations, reasonings, playing styles. As far as "work excuses" go, I always ignore that. I've seen people that work be wolves. I've seen people that don't work be villagers. I've seen people use a work excuse for little posting when they had lots of PMs. I no longer buy "work" as an excuse for anything, even when it's true since wolves frequently use that.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #264
Danny
Head Coach

Based on what I see so far, I think my best chance is eeny meeny miney mo
Old 05-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #265
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
Well a very interesting mechanic and one that threw me through a loop. I am wondering if the two wolf groups got split up into the two rooms or if it had something to do with which room we voted for.

yay ZInto's here! hey there. We survived day 1. HOw do you feel about that?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #266
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Well, my initial thoughts - in a game where we won't have any seer, I want guys that are talkers/analyzers to stick around longer.

Abe, Autumn, and mckerney are the guys I would prefer not to vote off with this in mind. I have mckerney in the list because I think he seemed interested in participating in analysis more today than I've seen him in past games.

I would also agree with this - shock of shocks, considering back in the day I day 1 voted for ntn for about seven games in a row.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #267
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm willing to be convinced off this vote, but it seems like the vote I'm going to make for the reasons discussed, so I might as well man-up and put it in bold instead of beating around the bush. I realize there's a good chance this will get me lit up tomorrow, but that's life in a giant death box.

VOTE DWARDZALA
Old 05-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #268
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
yay ZInto's here! hey there. We survived day 1. HOw do you feel about that?

Have to be happy about getting through day one which seems to be the toughest lately for me to scrape through but it would not surprise me for one of us to get lynched today by the other group. Looks like I need to review my strategy of being quiet
Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #269
hoopsguy
General Manager

We're going to either have to get lucky with good villager votes (see Day 1 last game) or some random game mechanics (inferno in wolf) to get the ball rolling on this one, I think. Going to potentially be a really challenging game.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 PM   #270
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I have mckerney in the list because I think he seemed interested in participating in analysis more today than I've seen him in past games.

Pardon me, but if he's been played differently today than he normally does, wouldn't that make him more of a suspect?
Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #271
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Have to be happy about getting through day one which seems to be the toughest lately for me to scrape through but it would not surprise me for one of us to get lynched today by the other group. Looks like I need to review my strategy of being quiet

In my experience, being quiet works for about 2-3 games, and then it will get you severely punished in early lynch votes for a long time. I know it's a major factor in how I make day 1/day 2 vote decisions, personally - I'd rather keep someone more talkative around if for no other reason than it makes the game more interesting.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #272
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
I'm willing to be convinced off this vote, but it seems like the vote I'm going to make for the reasons discussed, so I might as well man-up and put it in bold instead of beating around the bush. I realize there's a good chance this will get me lit up tomorrow, but that's life in a giant death box.

VOTE DWARDZALA

I am not against a vote for Dward at all seeing as I would say lynching him, Mau, or NTN would make sense if we are just trying to pick off more quiet people.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #273
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Well you always seem to get beat up so I'm not going to vote for you if we make it to day 3. Don't have a read on you as any different than usual anyway.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #274
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Well you always seem to get beat up so I'm not going to vote for you if we make it to day 3. Don't have a read on you as any different than usual anyway.

Haha I don't mind getting some heat day one for how I play since it is as good a reason to vote for someone as any other reason. Luckily Bhlloy is in our group or he would lead the charge against me in the other thread
Old 05-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #275
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Pardon me, but if he's been played differently today than he normally does, wouldn't that make him more of a suspect?

Guess that is the rub. But my Day 2 preference would be to give someone exhibiting the "right" characteristics a little leash to work with, rather than chasing gut on different style of play.

I can very much see why someone would go the other way on that read. But my personal thought is that there are other names on that list I would target first.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #276
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
until tomorrow when they can read what we said. Jackal can we read what their thread if they ever come back here?

Yes you can read that thread if the two groups recombine.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #277
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

My favorite alltime "hoops quote" is "And day SIX is the time to start sorting out the QUIET GUYS???" so I'm not surprised by this direction.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:57 PM   #278
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Haha I don't mind getting some heat day one for how I play since it is as good a reason to vote for someone as any other reason. Luckily Bhlloy is in our group or he would lead the charge against me in the other thread

"Heat" isn't a bad thing - getting lynched is. Heat leads to getting scanned by the seer (just not this game), being left alone by the wolves during the evening, and all other kinds of good things for a villager. Being cleared as a villager leads to getting snuffed ASAP by the wolves.

Or at least that is how I've always tried to look at it when I find myself getting votes that I don't think are warranted. Especially early in the game ... look at how much latitude Day 1 heat bought DV for the remainder of the last game.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #279
Tyrith
College Starter

Generally I would figure that most wolves would get more quiet instead of less, especially in a message board game (taking out some of the can't-shut-up nervous factor), but that could also be me pushing how I've historically acted as some sort of general principle when it shouldn't be.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #280
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anyway, I need to get some sleep. I'll start moving towards a vote tomorrow sometime around noon if my work day goes the way I expect it will.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #281
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
In my experience, being quiet works for about 2-3 games, and then it will get you severely punished in early lynch votes for a long time. I know it's a major factor in how I make day 1/day 2 vote decisions, personally - I'd rather keep someone more talkative around if for no other reason than it makes the game more interesting.

Yeah the Catch-22 of werewolf. Games are terribly boring when no one talks and has fun. But no matter what you say, people use it as a reason to vote for you.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #282
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah the Catch-22 of werewolf. Games are terribly boring when no one talks and has fun. But no matter what you say, people use it as a reason to vote for you.

This post is suspicious, vote crimsonfox
Old 05-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #283
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

Yeah, this is why I will pretty much never cast a day 1 vote for anyone who is in the league average or better in useful posts - there has to be some way to promote behavior that does have a degree of inherent risk. This does lead to the day 1 votes being cast on a subset of the player base who probably finds this unfair, but I'm open to being talked out of it
Old 05-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #284
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
This post is suspicious, vote crimsonfox

(a la Michael McKean in Clue) You're a bit late for that!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #285
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

So are hoops and Tyrith pretty locked in as a voting duo at this point? I have no problem with a quiet vote but are you willing to listen to other analysis?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:21 PM   #286
J23
College Benchwarmer

It's funny that this discussion came up when earlier, I didn't expand on my reason for voting for DV at the time because I've been harassed for "too much of a reason for voting day1" previously.

I voted for DV rather than the other candidates, but because he popped into the thread, and brought in a new candidate with me when I was one of a handful of people that gave some more analysis into the room decision today, when there were already a decent number of folks on the block who had been (in my opinion) less helpful thus far.

Anyway, we can't vote for each other in this room (yet), so at least I can't get voted by the villagers in here for fully explaining myself.

I'll look at the numbers more tomorrow morning/afternoon and see if I can come up with some sort of pattern. I tend to like puzzles, so I'll probably be fairly vocal, at least in that facet of the game.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:24 PM   #287
J23
College Benchwarmer

One quick thought. If the votes are tallied between the two rooms, we could perhaps vote as a united block on whoever is the lead vote-getter.

I'm trying to piece together whether or not I think this would minimize the wolf influence on the vote, or the opposite.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #288
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

What really sucks is that the wolves will probably use their PMs to tell the other side how to vote.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #289
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
One quick thought. If the votes are tallied between the two rooms, we could perhaps vote as a united block on whoever is the lead vote-getter.

I'm trying to piece together whether or not I think this would minimize the wolf influence on the vote, or the opposite.

I agree with this, albeit for somewhat selfish reasons, as I think I'm going to be the best candidate for them. If we beat their vote total I might survive.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #290
J23
College Benchwarmer

BTW, I voted for the orange room. It might be worth confirming if we all selected the same room, and thus are left in this room together while the other room might be the minority voters.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #291
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
It's funny that this discussion came up when earlier, I didn't expand on my reason for voting for DV at the time because I've been harassed for "too much of a reason for voting day1" previously.

I know how you feel and am constantly annoyed about the overanalysis of my d1 votes.

Quote:
Anyway, we can't vote for each other in this room (yet), so at least I can't get voted by the villagers in here for fully explaining myself.

I'll look at the numbers more tomorrow morning/afternoon and see if I can come up with some sort of pattern. I tend to like puzzles, so I'll probably be fairly vocal, at least in that facet of the game.

Awesome puzzle work J23. I liked your post on it. I have some thoughts on it as well. I think I've figured out part of it.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #292
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
BTW, I voted for the orange room. It might be worth confirming if we all selected the same room, and thus are left in this room together while the other room might be the minority voters.

ditto. orange.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:31 PM   #293
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

You guys suck

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #294
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Jk. You guys really suck :-) Oh well, it happens

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:32 PM   #295
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

sorry DV But I was just as much under the gun as you so I at least had no choice.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #296
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

you can tell me to fluff off now although I'll possibly be joining you.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:33 PM   #297
J23
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Awesome puzzle work J23. I liked your post on it. I have some thoughts on it as well. I think I've figured out part of it.

If you figured out part of it, I'd suggest sharing it as soon as you learn something. It's to our advantage to learn the mechanics earlier when we have more villagers around than later when they might die every night.

I'm also a bit confused if we picked a bad room or not. One person dying from the lynch vote doesn't seem that bad of an option honestly. I can't imagine that we could have selected an option where noone died, otherwise the game would just kinda go on forever, right?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:34 PM   #298
J23
College Benchwarmer

Sorry DV. You can see why I voted your way above. With nothing to go on, we all have to pick something. Next time, be a wolf when you vote for me like that!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #299
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

hey, I played nice day 1 and didn't vote for you on purpose for that reason
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #300
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
hey, I played nice day 1 and didn't vote for you on purpose for that reason

heheheh NO you voted for ME!