Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #1
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

TNM Wrestling Simulator

Does anybody still use this? I've always gotten a lot more mileage out of this game than the TEW series. I'm hoping to bum some wrestler exports off of someone who uses v7 of the game.

Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
MikeVic
Head Coach

You know, I think this may have been my first experience with a text sim. I always thought it was Baseball Mogul, but now I think it was the free version of TNM (6.2?)... I remember you could do matches and stuff, but not crazy gimmick matches...

I have no idea what the status of this game is, but I just wanted to pipe in that I spent many hours playing this as a kid.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'd probably still be using it if it was Win7 compatible. The fact I'd have to like run DOS Box to run it is annoying, and although I still have the game buried on a folder on my backup-HD I've never gotten around to DOS Boxing so that I could play it. Loved the game though. Had some huge feds using it that went on like forever - notebooks full of planning for them, etc.

Wish it was still being worked on.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #4
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I'd probably still be using it if it was Win7 compatible. The fact I'd have to like run DOS Box to run it is annoying, and although I still have the game buried on a folder on my backup-HD I've never gotten around to DOS Boxing so that I could play it. Loved the game though. Had some huge feds using it that went on like forever - notebooks full of planning for them, etc.

Wish it was still being worked on.

I had a couple of friends that would get together on a Saturday morning and spend all day running a fed. We'd draft wrestlers, trade them, form tag teams, etc. I think this was also the first time I tried to look at the logic of a game. i.e. I'd open the text files or whatever that I think stored stats for wrestlers, and see who "should" be good in the game.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I haven't played in years, much less made any exports, but here's some linkage that might help. The second link even has a couple of files that I made way back when.

TNM UK - Links
http://www.joshism.net/tnm/tnm.html
TNM7.COM Forums - Export Files
(the export thread of the TNM7 forum still has a few submissions now & then apparently)
Old 06-28-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah...I'm DosBox'ing it myself. You have to install it on a PC that isn't 64x, then copy the installed game over if you want to play it. I just emailed Oliver Copp regarding my old registration codes.

I have a buddy who still plays this game regularly. He has an ungodly amount of matches in his ongoing single player fed. I use to love hiring a bunch of ECW guys mixed in with some classic 80's guys and run my dream fed.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #7
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Yeah...I'm DosBox'ing it myself. You have to install it on a PC that isn't 64x, then copy the installed game over if you want to play it. I just emailed Oliver Copp regarding my old registration codes.

I have a buddy who still plays this game regularly. He has an ungodly amount of matches in his ongoing single player fed. I use to love hiring a bunch of ECW guys mixed in with some classic 80's guys and run my dream fed.

Yeah. Problem is I'm on a x64 machine now myself, so I've got no way to play it. Sucks.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I haven't played in years, much less made any exports, but here's some linkage that might help. The second link even has a couple of files that I made way back when.

TNM UK - Links
http://www.joshism.net/tnm/tnm.html
TNM7.COM Forums - Export Files
(the export thread of the TNM7 forum still has a few submissions now & then apparently)

Yeah...regarding the TNM7 export files on TNMUK, I was just hoping someone else would have a master file they could email me when they had the time. It looks like the link on the TNM7 site to the master file is broken now, and you have to individually download every fed export.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #9
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah. Problem is I'm on a x64 machine now myself, so I've got no way to play it. Sucks.

The installed folder size is tiny. If you wanted me to email it to you it wouldn't be a problem.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #10
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Holy Moly...

I emailed Copp on facebook regarding my codes on the recommendation of the guys on the TNM forums, and within 10 minutes I had an email in my inbox with all the info I needed.

awesome

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-28-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:16 PM   #11
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Holy Moly...

I emailed Copp on facebook regarding my codes on the recommendation of the guys on the TNM forums, and within 10 minutes I had an email in my inbox with all the info I needed. awesome

I'm not too surprised by that, he was always good with customers / service as I recall.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:17 PM   #12
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The installed folder size is tiny. If you wanted me to email it to you it wouldn't be a problem.

I might just have to have you do that one day.

First I need to acquaint myself with DOSBox though.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #13
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
I might just have to have you do that one day.

First I need to acquaint myself with DOSBox though.

It's pretty easy...all you have to do is memorize two or three commands and you're set. All I use it for is TNM and the occasional FBPRO 95 game. It takes less than 10 seconds to get into either.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #14
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Dola (again)

Thanks for the links JonGA.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #15
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's pretty easy...all you have to do is memorize two or three commands and you're set. All I use it for is TNM and the occasional FBPRO 95 game. It takes less than 10 seconds to get into either.

intriguing. man o man it'd be a hoot to fire up TNM again.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #16
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola (again)

Thanks for the links JonGA.

No problem, it was a great game & like others in the thread it bears a major responsibility for getting me deeply into text sims on PC.

I just wish I could have found a more active export community for you.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:38 PM   #17
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
No problem, it was a great game & like others in the thread it bears a major responsibility for getting me deeply into text sims on PC.

I just wish I could have found a more active export community for you.

Yep...TNM was certainly my "gateway drug" into the text sim world. No doubt about that. In regards to the export communities...I may just have to bite the bullet and spend an hour or so importing each individual federation. As long as they have the classic wrestlers in their old form (eg the Hulkster, not Hollywood hogan) it shouldn't be an issue.