Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Week 12 Has Begun! Deadline is Saturday 6/6/09 at 10 PM

Two human vs human games this week as Washington prepares to be beat down by Stanford, and Mississippi State and Arkansas face off.

Be gentle, Sun Tzu.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

The best times for me to play this week are:

Tuesday - Approximately 3 PM central to 5 PM central.
Weds - Same
Friday - Would prefer not to play, but can play in the evening
Saturday - Available all day.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Will an upset ruin Stanford's perfect season?

Man, I wish NCAA had a spectator mode...
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #4
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I have to admit, I'm not looking forward to EF and his Locker run Huskies. I had a hell of a time against USC, and a strong Human team is just as good if not better. My Starting HB should be back to full health, but without Luck this team just isn't the same.

EF...I'm running a 7-4 pacific time schedule all week, so why don't we just plan for a Saturday game. Whenever is good for you. My old lady is out of town all day Saturday so I'm pretty much open.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:46 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

How about 3 PM central on Saturday?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #6
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
How about 3 PM central on Saturday?

Perfect
Old 06-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #7
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I'll get my recruiting done tonight. A&M is on a much needed 2 week break to get ready for the showdown vs. Texas.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Colorado tuned up for its showdown with Nebraska cruising past Eastern Michigan 62-3.

If we can make the Big 12 title game against A&M, it will setup a battle for the Heisman as well. Tony Meeks staked his claim this week with a run of the mill game on offense, 10 catches for 119 yards and TD.

However, he had a very unusual game on special teams. A couple of decent kickoff and punt returns but didn't break one. Where Meeks did break one was on field goal returns.

EMU's field goal kick has a max range of about 38 yards. On their first field goal try, Meeks try to field the kick at the goal line but it knucked away from him. When EMU lined up for a field goal just before half time, Meeks field the short field goal at the 3 yard line and bolted untouched for 97 yards and a TD.

In the second half, EMU lined up for another field goal and Meeks returned the miss 105 yards for another TD. Oddly, the game classifies them as fumble recoveries so Meeks set a NCAA record for fumble returned yardage in a game with 202 yards.

Those where my first two field goal returns for TD in NCAA.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #9
Ironhead
College Prospect

BC wraps up regular season ACC play with a 42-7 win over Maryland which will send us to the championship game. Unfortunately I lost my starting QB for 4 weeks so he will likely to miss the title game.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #10
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Finished recruiting yesterday...got two 3 star recruits. Nothing spectacular, but I'm honing in on some others. I need a RB because there's no way Stephens will come back for his senior year. Other than that, A&M is pretty young so I can get by with a weaker class and make sure I'm focused from day 1 next year.

That said, has anyone checked out Michigan's recruiting class?? 9 guys that are 5 or 4 stars....it's a helluva class. Makes me want to play them next year.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:27 PM   #11
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky, the only undefeated team in the SEC, played Vanderbilt, the only winless team in the SEC. Vandy's highlight was when they kicked the opening kickoff and I only returned it to my 46. It was a brutal beatdown from there. I scored :45 into the 2nd quarter to make it 35-0 (which included a defensive TD & punt return for a TD). At this point, I put in my backups. It was mostly work with my 3rd string QB and my backup D. When you're playing against a team rated something terrible (like 61), everything you do seems to go well.

The highlight of the game for me was when I called the quarters D against a pass. They threw a slant pass which their guy bobbled and my DB jumped up and caught it. Except it wasn't my DB...it was my star WR. I guess I didn't have enough DB's to use so they put him in. My WR returned it for a TD. That was pretty funny. Needless to say, I didn't call the quarters D the rest of the game (for fear of injury).

Next week is the SEC East game of the year. #5 Georgia @ #6 Kentucky. Winner plays for the SEC title and still has a very slim chance at playing for the national championship. I'm glad I bounced back from my heartbreaking loss to Stanford to be in this position. Even if I win my next three games, I don't think I'll be able to jump up enough to make it to #2. By the way, WTF is up with Michigan being undefeated and Ohio State only having one loss? I almost hope that it's A&M against Stanford in the title game so one of the crappy Big Ten teams doesn't get to play for it all (just ask Purdue how that turned out).

The Arkansas/Mississippi State game this week is huge. The winner controls their destiny in the SEC West. There's currently a three-way tie between those two and LSU. Mississippi State already defeated LSU, so if they win then they're probably going to win the West. If Arkansas wins & they beat LSU, then they will represent the West. Very exciting. Good luck to both teams
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:53 PM   #12
cmp
Pro Rookie

WVU, can you play tomorrow night after 10? Or Saturday before 1, or after 10?
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

WVUfan told me he had something come up and won't be able to get this game in, so he wants me to set him to CPU control for your game cmp.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:27 AM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

I'll set his team to CPU when I get home from work tonight.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:16 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Arkansas is set to Autopilot for this week, per WVUfan's request.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #16
bhlloy
Coordinator

We beat UCLA 31-28, but it shouldn't have been close. Were up 31-14 and driving when seemingly the catch up logic kicked in and we fumbled on the goalline. Had to abort earlier in the week because of unexpected visitors in the fourth quarter of a really close game - that one sucked but at least we won in the end.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I was very disappointed to see Sun Tzu use a cheesy double audible (or maybe single audible with some other shift) nano blitz at 2 key junctions (the same play/audibles both times) in our game today when it was a close game. I'm sure he would have beat me if he hadn't done it, but we were within a TD both times it happened including in the 3rd quarter.

Stanford beats Washington 42-24.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-06-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #18
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

PM sent
Old 06-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #19
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
cheesy double audible (or maybe single audible with some other shift) nano blitz at 2 key junctions (the same play/audibles both times)

For the record, I did not call a single defensive audible all game, nor did I spread out your OL, nor did manually move a single defensive player (all or some of these are a nano blitz). I looked up what I was doing, which was blitzing an outside man (by calling a play in which he was blitzing, not via audible) and pinching my DL just in case you ran...and it's perfectly legal and in no way, shape, or form considered cheesing. If a QB is scrambling/rolling out on literally every single pass play, I have the right to send someone faster than a DE to try to track him down. I also only ran a 3 man defensive front from late in the first quarter and on, because you seemed to give up on the run game (at least outside of Locker) awfully easily...you only ran the ball 14 times all game despite holding on to the ball much longer than I did.

Before you posted this, I had no idea what this "nano blitz" was, so I looked it up and I have never done it. These "key plays" that you mentioned, I have absolutely no idea what they were if that tells you anything. The key plays in my opinion were my HB taking a pass in the flats 80 yards for a TD, as well as the kickoff I returned for a TD immediately after you brought the game to within 4 points.

We had discussed this via PM...and not exactly in a civil manner...but I decided I don't want a stigma around here as someone who cheats. My theory is, if you are going to scramble left to right with a QB on every single pass play, then I'm going to take a chance of leaving someone open by blitzing either an OLB or CB to get you to make a quicker decision to scramble/pass or force you to throw a pick. Whenever I play against people who use the scramble/rollout method as opposed to the stay in the pocket and scramble when necessary method, I find that they usually wind up shooting themselves in the foot with picks/QB fumbles anyways. I know some people just want their opponent to run a basic 4-3/nickel D in cover two regardless of what kind of offensive gameplan they brought...but that's not fair. So, if you do something repetitively on Offense and I see a weakness, I'm going to attack it as I always have...and that does *not* include, nor has it ever included audibling, spreading out the OL, or manually moving a defender.

That being said, if I have played anyone who for one reason or another thought I was "cheesing", please let me know either via these forums or PM. I wont be quitting ala Bignej, I just would like to nip it in the bud.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-07-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 09:34 AM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
For the record, I did not call a single defensive audible all game, nor did I spread out your OL, nor did manually move a single defensive player (all or some of these are a nano blitz). I looked up what I was doing, which was blitzing an outside man (by calling a play in which he was blitzing, not via audible) and pinching my DL just in case you ran...and it's perfectly legal and in no way, shape, or form considered cheesing. If a QB is scrambling/rolling out on literally every single pass play, I have the right to send someone faster than a DE to try to track him down. I also only ran a 3 man defensive front from late in the first quarter and on, because you seemed to give up on the run game (at least outside of Locker) awfully easily...you only ran the ball 14 times all game despite holding on to the ball much longer than I did.

Before you posted this, I had no idea what this "nano blitz" was, so I looked it up and I have never done it. These "key plays" that you mentioned, I have absolutely no idea what they were if that tells you anything. The key plays in my opinion were my HB taking a pass in the flats 80 yards for a TD, as well as the kickoff I returned for a TD immediately after you brought the game to within 4 points.

We had discussed this via PM...and not exactly in a civil manner...but I decided I don't want a stigma around here as someone who cheats. My theory is, if you are going to scramble left to right with a QB on every single pass play, then I'm going to take a chance of leaving someone open by blitzing either an OLB or CB to get you early or force you to throw a pick. Whenever I play against people who use the scramble/rollout method as opposed to the stay in the pocket and scramble when necessary method, I find that they usually wind up shooting themselves in the foot with picks/QB fumbles anyways. I know some people just want me to run a basic 4-3/nickel D in cover two regardless of what kind of offensive gameplan they brought...but that's not fair. So, if you do something repetitively on Offense and I see a weakness, I'm going to attack it as I always have...and that does *not* include, nor has it ever included audibling, spreading out the OL, or manually moving a defender.

That being said, if I have played anyone who for one reason or another thought I was "cheesing", please let me know either via these forums or PM. I wont be quitting ala Bignej, I just would like to nip it in the bud.

You are absolutely full of shit. I know you audibled from a dime formation those 2 plays that I called in question as your entire team was moving. One was where I was inside your 20 driving for the tying score and you called it on a 1st and 10 in the 2nd quarter. You called it again in the 3rd quarter when I was driving for the tying score. Both times you were in my backfield in about a second. No one has gotten pressure that fast, not even Raiders Army with his famed blitzes. I should have taken video of it, but I was pissed off and didn't think of it at the time. I didn't scramble every play. I only rushed Locker 5 times for 49 yards and I only started rolling out repeatedly after you did that bullshit. I'll never be in a league with you again - you cheese when it gets close. Pure and simple. I suspect your cheesing had something to do with Karlifornia deciding to stop playing as well.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-07-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:36 AM   #21
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
You are absolutely full of shit. I know you audibled from a dime formation those 2 plays that I called in question. I should have taken video of it, but I was pissed off and didn't think of it at the time. I didn't scramble every play. I only rushed Locker 5 times for 49 yards and I only started rolling out repeatedly after you did that bullshit. I'll never be in a league with you again - you cheese when it gets close. Pure and simple. I suspect your cheesing had something to do with Karlifornia deciding to stop playing as well.

I haven't done a defensive audible in years. The only adjustments I make pre snap on defense are....A.) show blitz, B.) press defense, or C.) DL shift. If we're outlawing either one of those, or if they have already been outlawed, please let me know.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-07-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #22
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I suspect your cheesing had something to do with Karlifornia deciding to stop playing as well.

While I won't comment on everything else you said, seeing as how I wasn't witness to it, I will say that Sun Tzu is definitely not why I quit the leagues. It is true that quit immediately after being thrashed by him in a game, but it wasn't due to what I perceived as unsportsmanlike play.

As I already said, I don't know what happened in your game, but I've never had a problem with the way he played.