Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Weekday League (FOWL)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-18-2009, 05:40 AM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

One True Dark Jedi Benevolent Dictator Decision: break for holidays

I could use a short break from simming, and I'm sure many people will be out of pocket at least part of the time. Plus, I like the rhythm of our 2-week schedule. Let's start it back on Monday, January 4th.

Calendar 2041 - FOWL - Text Sports Network

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:59 AM   #2
Groo
Mascot

No problem. My family does a LOT of visiting over the Holidays, so my time will become limited. This works out great for me.
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:01 AM   #3
Tasan
College Starter

That sounds great to me. Maybe if anyone's gonna be around, we can have a little recruiting drive.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
Groo
Mascot

I've talked about FOWL in vNFL and asked them to come check it out. I wouldn't mind seeing more humans in the league
Groo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #5
Subby
lolzcat

Good decision.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:39 PM   #6
Sef0r
n00b

In that case, happy holidays everyone. Hope to see you all next year.
Old 12-18-2009, 01:57 PM   #7
TTWS
Mascot

My wife dont know you BEN but im sure she likes you alot now that theres a 2 week break. I love FOWL so what am i going to for 2 weeks? I guess its time to dust off the PS3 and finally finish STARWARS FORCE UNLEASHED! Have a great holiday season everyone!

Last edited by TTWS : 12-18-2009 at 02:09 PM.
TTWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:32 AM   #8
TheMeat
n00b

Yup, I'm on board too, but I will be chomping at the bit the whole time.

Happy winter solstice everyone!

Good point about recruitment, everyone spend the extra time posting and getting at least 4 more AFC teams. The AFC north can't keep owning this shit year after year. I mean, we can, but come one
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:40 AM   #9
TheMeat
n00b

Double Post...

I also think it'd be a great time for any of you that find yourself browsing through league history at this point since we'll be on pause, to post some stories, little trivia facts or record book observations about the league. We did just finish our 21st season, my 20th in the league and we still have at least..... 8? original owners?

Ben - Atlanta
Subby - Arizona
Quiksand - Baltimore
Julio - Cincinnati
Tasan - New Orleans
Wade Moore - Indy
Suicane - Philly (maybe?)
Chinaski - Washington (maybe??)

C4 and I joined in 2021 after being on the waiting list, and Alan T joined quickly after that? Lets hear some Xmas tales about the history of FOWL

A little backstory some of the newish owners may not know:

FOWL was the brainchild of Ben E Lou, the original setup was to release everyone and have a one-time FA frenzy to start teams, then run a fast-sim league from there. Were there any other main house rules about the league back then? I think even before the first season it was agreed upon that because Ben and the others didn't want another league where everyone knows the QB-WR pass first ask questions later tactic and strives for it, Ben decided to limit the draft class. So no QB or WR over a certain draft rating. GREAT IDEA. We then had a draft in that first offseason, and for 3 or so after that, and Ben in his infinite wisdom added more ideas to the league, mainly the removal of less important stages and the no-draft system. GREAT MOTHER$#^#*&!@ IDEA. Shortly after that came my favorite idea of all, one I had used in my own personal Madden and FOF leagues... No injuries and the season happens in one day. BAM. There you have FOWL. A league where you can watch your team go through eras, watch players grow quickly and fade fast, where careers go down faster than Tiger Woods on a waitress. The most intriguing and quick-thinking football sim league you have ever seen.
Owner/GM of the soon to be awesome Fort Worth Fury of the IHOF

Last edited by TheMeat : 12-19-2009 at 05:53 AM.
TheMeat is offline   Reply With Quote