Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-03-2021, 07:17 PM   #1
korme
Go Reds

Playbooks

Do you suppose people don't share their playbooks because all of the hardcore guys that make them are in online competitive leagues?

I've just recently gotten back into FOF and for all of these years, the playbook stuff always has me scratching my head. I've downloaded the corbes stuff from years ago, and it is helpful, but I still don't necessarily know if I'm using the right one. I liked seeing the 2018 emulated playbooks as well - I wish there were more options to choose from!

Simply, I don't have the time to tinker around with the playbook stuff at this point in my life, but I feel like if I don't, my team will perpetually underachieve.

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 08:21 PM   #2
mac88
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Do you suppose people don't share their playbooks because all of the hardcore guys that make them are in online competitive leagues?

I've just recently gotten back into FOF and for all of these years, the playbook stuff always has me scratching my head. I've downloaded the corbes stuff from years ago, and it is helpful, but I still don't necessarily know if I'm using the right one. I liked seeing the 2018 emulated playbooks as well - I wish there were more options to choose from!

Simply, I don't have the time to tinker around with the playbook stuff at this point in my life, but I feel like if I don't, my team will perpetually underachieve.

I understand guys not sharing playbooks. Although I should probably share mine to learn what not to do from some of the experts here haha.
mac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 03:22 PM   #3
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

I'll give you guys any playbook you want FWIW
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 09:33 PM   #4
finkellll
n00b

I know at least 1 person has reverse engineered a playbook by going thru the game logs and copying plays manually, then creating the plays in the playbook next year.

I've also tried copying playbooks between different teams I run and had mixed results.

I personally use the guided and match the sliders to the players on my roster, and it is good enough for me to make the playoffs consistently.

The best teams have fully custom playbooks, but it is not necessary to compete. Get a OC & DC with max playcalling bars and you will be decent with a fully rex'ed playbook.
finkellll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:36 AM   #5
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ushikawa View Post
I'll give you guys any playbook you want FWIW

You know, I would love that. I just spent a few hours over the weekend reading the corbes thread and other posts, feeling as if I got a decent re-understanding of how to design a playbook. Made something that I felt very satisfactory, pass heavy, then my QB proceeded to throw the 32nd highest amount of pass attempts and at about a 5 yards per attempt clip.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:37 AM   #6
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkellll View Post
I know at least 1 person has reverse engineered a playbook by going thru the game logs and copying plays manually, then creating the plays in the playbook next year.

I've also tried copying playbooks between different teams I run and had mixed results.

I personally use the guided and match the sliders to the players on my roster, and it is good enough for me to make the playoffs consistently.

The best teams have fully custom playbooks, but it is not necessary to compete. Get a OC & DC with max playcalling bars and you will be decent with a fully rex'ed playbook.

Will try that next time I fire it up.
Old 09-14-2021, 11:32 AM   #7
Ushikawa
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
You know, I would love that. I just spent a few hours over the weekend reading the corbes thread and other posts, feeling as if I got a decent re-understanding of how to design a playbook. Made something that I felt very satisfactory, pass heavy, then my QB proceeded to throw the 32nd highest amount of pass attempts and at about a 5 yards per attempt clip.

Just send me a PM with your email and preferred playstyle.
Ushikawa is offline   Reply With Quote