Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #51
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
GSP, Lesnar and Jones all on one PPV? That is freaking stacked.

Ha, yep. Jones losing to Rampage hurt so I had to get him back asap. My HW division is fairly weak right now so I wanted to get Brock built back up as soon as possible.

Sadly my write up was just lost so I will have to just do simple results for this card. Kinda sucks too since it was pretty crazy.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #52
DeToxRox
Head Coach

- In the Jon Jones/Lil' Nog fight, Jones showed his inexperience as he shot on Nog right away and took him down. Nog just let him come into his guard and when Jones couldn't get to mount Nog locked in the choke. Jones literally had nowhere to go and was forced to tap. Just bad game planning on his part.

- Brock vs Struve was literally as expected. He took him down, got into mount and gorilla punched him to death.

- The Main Event was 3-0 GSP going into the 4th. Each round was the same. He'd take down Fitch, work for a choke and not get it. Then going into the 4th GSP's corner said to knock him out. GSP went for a spinning back fist and got taken down. Fitch perfectly timed an elbow that stunned GSP and then he pounded him out. Stupid decision by GSP cost him.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 12-22-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #53
Travis
Pro Rookie

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn
Old 12-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #54
molson
General Manager

Great dynasty, it's pushing me towards a purchase.

How is the reallife mod working out balance and gameplay wise (I don't care too much about stat realism because I'm a casual fan and wouldn't know the difference.)

And if you ever start a women's division, you should bring in that "Cuddles" broad that always gets beat up in Strikeforce. I'm a big fan.

Last edited by molson : 12-22-2010 at 03:00 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:12 PM   #55
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Name Alex Donovan
Nickname "Devastation"
Record 6-0
Birthday August 18th, 1986
Nationality American
Hometown: Providence, RI
Based Out Of: Boston, MA
Stance (Traditional/Southpaw) Traditional
Height 6'3"
Best Weight 225
Min. Weight 210
Max. Weight 245
Walking Weight 235
Fighter Type (Just give a few lines out how you envision him fighting): A stand and banger, known for his aggressive striking and highlight reel KO's. Almost never goes for takedowns, so all his training is defensive for ground work

Background (Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Boxing, Muay Thai, Strike Based Submission, Judo) [Pick one for World class, 1 for high level] World Class Muay Thai, High Level Boxing

General Fight Strategy (Aggressive, counter fighter, etc) Agressive, prefers to ends fight quickly
Old 12-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #56
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Great dynasty, it's pushing me towards a purchase.

How is the reallife mod working out balance and gameplay wise (I don't care too much about stat realism because I'm a casual fan and wouldn't know the difference.)

And if you ever start a women's division, you should bring in that "Cuddles" broad that always gets beat up in Strikeforce. I'm a big fan.

So far I am digging the real life mod. The mod maker said he will keep it up to date and still isn't totally done. There are some flaws I had to fix (certain guys walking weights were too high so they were missing too many weigh ins) but honestly it feels right when I play.

I really cannot recommend this game enough. I find myself immersed more then ever with the WMMA series which was a big issue with the first version, and not as big an issue with the second, but still somewhat of a problem.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #57
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC on Versus: Cane vs Silva Lineup Announced

- In the Main Event of the next edition of UFC on Versus, two Brazilian Light Heavyweights collide as Luis Cane (11-3) takes on Thiago Silva (15-2). For Silva, who currently sits 4th in the division a win over the 11th ranked Cane would put him in the discussion for a title shot. For Cane, a win will help him start a win streak that could lead to a title shot down the line.

- Our Co-Main Event takes place in the Heavyweight Division where two guys desperately in need of a win will face off as it'll be Brendan "The Hybrid" Schuab (7-2) facing Cheick Kongo (15-7-2). The loser of this fight will face a long climb to respectability while the winner will get back on track.

- Also on our live show is a middleweight title that should be exciting as hell. It'll be Jorge "El Conquistador" Rivera (19-7) taking on Yushin "Thunder" Okami (26-5). Okami has been looking great as of late, and was itching to get another fight under his belt as soon as possible. Now he has the chance to take out a respected opponent in Rivera and earn a possible title shot.

- In the opener it is TUF 12 winner Jonathan Brookins (12-3) making his first fight since winning the Finale, where he will face off against the grizzled vet and Thugjitsu practitioner Yves Edwards (40-16-1)! A win vs the cagey vet would go a long way for Brookins career.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #58
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

There was one bug when they did my version, Dana White wouldn't let me sign anyone (or re-sign) for anything more then $5,000 a fight.. which obviously noone would sign for at a top level. Never mind we were making 12 million a PPV
Old 12-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #59
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
There was one bug when they did my version, Dana White wouldn't let me sign anyone (or re-sign) for anything more then $5,000 a fight.. which obviously noone would sign for at a top level. Never mind we were making 12 million a PPV

Yeah I had that with Mayhem. I turned on the override option just because it was too unrealistic.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #60
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC on Versus: Cane vs Silva Weigh Ins

- Jorge Rivera came in 3 lbs overweight and will lose a portion of his purse.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:44 PM   #61
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC on Versus: Cane vs Silva
September, Week 3, September 2011
Live from Connecticut

Prelims

Lightweight Division
Aaron Riley (30-12-1) vs Will Kerr (9-2)

Will Kerr d. Aaron Riley (Unanimous Decision) [Average]

Lightweight Division
Gabe "Godzilla" Ruediger (17-6) vs Michael "The Menace" Johnson (8-5)

Michael Johnson d. Gabe Ruediger (Unanimous Decision) [Decent]

Light Heavyweight Division
"The Ox" Dongi Yang (9-2) vs Anthony "The Hippo" Perosh (10-7)

Dongi Yang d. Anthony Perosh (Unanimous Decision) [Poor]

Heavyweight Division
Carl Seumanutafa (6-3) vs Antoni Hardonk (8-7)

Carl Seumantuafa d. Antoni Hardonk at 1:10 of the 1st round (TKO - Strikes) [Good]

Main Card

Lightweight Division
Jonathan Brookins (12-3) vs Yves Edwards (40-16-1)

Round 1: Brookins looks good early as he is showing quick feet and never lets Edwards gets comfortable. His first takedown is stuffed, but he throws a couple fists and then quickly follows up with a takedown. He manages to get Edwards back but the bell rings before he can lock in a choke.

Round 2: Brookins eats some big shots but he is able once again get Edwards down. Edwards tries to sweep Brookins but he can't. Brookins once again gets Edwards back and gets his hooks in and then applies a choke. It is in deep but the bell rings and Edwards is saved by the round!

Round 3: Brookins and Edwards come together and throw strikes. Brookins is too quick for Edwards though and is avoiding the big shots and just destroying Edwards with leg kicks. Brookins manages a knockdown from his leg kicks but the round ends before anything comes of it.

Jonathan Brookins d. Yves Edwards (Unanimous Decision) [Average]

Middleweight Division
Jorge "El Conquistador" Rivera (19-7) vs Yushin "Thunder" Okami (26-5)

Round 1: It's a slow round one that is more of a feeling out process then anything. Okami takes the round based on the most solid shots landed but it is a snore.

Round 2: Okami dominates the stand up again, stinging Rivera with fists that are taking their roll on Rivera. Rivera is just obviously gassed and Okami is still going strong but hasn't been able to finish.

Round 3: Rivera is just avoiding getting stopped now. He is avoiding shots but not throwing. Mercifully the fight is over.

Yushin Okami d. Jorge Rivera (Unanimous Decision) [Very Poor]

Co-Main Event/Heavyweight Division
Brendan "The Hybrid" Schuab (7-2) vs Cheick Kongo (15-7-2)

Round 1: They go back and forth with each guy missing big shots but each guy lands some solid blows. Twice they end up in a clinch but Kongo can't make Schuab pay. The round ends with Kongo landing a big flurry that probably steals him the round.

Round 2: Another fun round where the guys are trading blows. Kongo looks as good as he has in a long time. Kongo is throwing big shots and they are taking a toll on Schuab but Schuab answers with some solid shots himself. The round ends with a flurry from both men but Kongo may have won the second as well.

Round 3: It's a fun third round. It isn't spectacular but it is damn fun. Schuab rocks Kongo to start the round but can't finish him. Kongo manages to come back and not only survives being KO'd but fights his ass off. The round ends with Schuab on top.

Cheick Kongo d. Brendan Schuab (Unanimous Decision) [Decent]

Main Event/Light Heavyweight Division
Luis Cane (11-3) vs Thiago Silva (15-2)

Round 1: They trade blows to start the fight but Silva throws a big right and misses. He puts himself off balance and Cane throws his own big right cross and Silva is knocked out cold!

Luis Cane d. Thiago Silva at 2:35 of the 1st round (KO - Right Cross) [Great]

Show Review

Critical Rating: Decent
Commercial Rating: Good

Fight of the Night: Luis Cane vs Thiago Silva
KO of the Night: Luis Cane
Submission of the Night: None
Old 12-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #62
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC 133 Lineup Announce

Main Event - UFC Middleweight Title Fight
Anderson "The Spider" Silva [c] (28-4) vs Michael "The Count" Bisping (21-3)

Co-Main Event/Light Heavyweight Division
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (32-8) vs Ryan Bader (13-0)

Lightweight Division
Clay Guida (27-12) vs Sean Sherk (33-5-1)

Middleweight Division
Maiquel Falcao (27-3) vs Yoshiro Akiyama (14-3)

"The American Psycho" Stephen Bonnar (13-8) vs "The Iceman" Chuck Liddell (21-8)

Prelims

Heavyweight Division
Fabio Maldonado (18-5) vs Tim Hague (12-5)

Bantamweight Division
Brad "One Punch" Pickett (20-5) vs Chris "Kamikaze" Cariaso (10-1)

Middleweight Division
Jesse "Water" Bongfeldt (21-6-1) vs Rich "The Raging Bull" Attonito (9-4)

Middleweight Division
Chris Camozzi (15-3) vs Ed "Short Fuse" Herman (17-9)

Welterweight Division
Dustin Hazelett (12-7) vs Danie "Ninja"l Roberts (11-1)
Old 12-23-2010, 12:39 AM   #63
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I need two more HW's. If no one signs up by tomorrow people can create a second guy.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:19 PM   #64
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Name Thomas Mortensen
Nickname "Massive Mayhem"
Record 5-1
Birthday December 2nd, 1987
Nationality Canadian
Hometown: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Based Out Of: Chicago, IL
Stance (Traditional/Southpaw) Southpaw
Height 6' 4"
Best Weight 240
Min. Weight 220
Max. Weight 2655
Walking Weight 265
Fighter Type (Just give a few lines out how you envision him fighting): A counter puncher who tries to land the perfect counterpunch to knock opponents out. Lowish stamina, so his fights usually do not end in decisions. Either he knocks his opponent out or vice versa

Background (Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Boxing, Muay Thai, Strike Based Submission, Judo) [Pick one for World class, 1 for high level] World Class Boxing ; High Level Strike Based Submission

General Fight Strategy (Aggressive, counter fighter, etc) Counterfighter, throws a ton of power punches.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #65
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Nice Foz. If there isn't 1 more by tonight I'll add one more so I can add the guys and book the tournament.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #66
Johnny93g
College Starter

How about Mike Tyson trying his hand at MMA in the Ultimate Fighter
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:58 PM   #67
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
How about Mike Tyson trying his hand at MMA in the Ultimate Fighter

Haha. I could always bring James Toney into the house.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:06 PM   #68
Travis
Pro Rookie

Maybe do a celebrity TUF next time around?

Toney, Tyson and Butterbean to start off the cast mates Maybe give Kimbo another shot.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #69
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I have 7 guys in. I need 1 more. I can create 'em or if someone else wants to go for it. Time is short though, like within the next hour.
Old 12-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #70
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here. One more for ya?

Name Steven Kennedy
Nickname "Boa Constrictor"
Record 6-2
Birthday March 14th, 1984
Nationality American
Hometown: Orlando, FL
Based Out Of: Miami, FL
Height 6' 3"
Best Weight 229
Min. Weight 202
Max. Weight 245
Walking Weight 230
Fighter Type (Just give a few lines out how you envision him fighting):Horrible standup fighter, but a takedown machine, he's called the Boa Constrictor for the way he works people on the ground.never makes a move till he's sure he can restrict the other fighter's options more. Gets wins via submission

Background (Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Boxing, Muay Thai, Strike Based Submission, Judo) [Pick one for World class, 1 for high level] World Class Wrestling ; High Level Jiu Jitsu

General Fight Strategy (Aggressive, counter fighter, etc) Agressively tries to get opponent down but then moves deliberately to restrict his opponent
Old 12-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #71
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Here. One more for ya?

Name Steven Kennedy
Nickname "Boa Constrictor"
Record 6-2
Birthday March 14th, 1984
Nationality American
Hometown: Orlando, FL
Based Out Of: Miami, FL
Height 6' 3"
Best Weight 229
Min. Weight 202
Max. Weight 245
Walking Weight 230
Fighter Type (Just give a few lines out how you envision him fighting):Horrible standup fighter, but a takedown machine, he's called the Boa Constrictor for the way he works people on the ground.never makes a move till he's sure he can restrict the other fighter's options more. Gets wins via submission

Background (Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Boxing, Muay Thai, Strike Based Submission, Judo) [Pick one for World class, 1 for high level] World Class Wrestling ; High Level Jiu Jitsu

General Fight Strategy (Aggressive, counter fighter, etc) Agressively tries to get opponent down but then moves deliberately to restrict his opponent

Perfect. Thanks Foz.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:36 PM   #72
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC 133 Weigh Ins

- Michael Bisping comes in 5 lbs overweight. Not only will he be lose some of his fight purse, but the UFC Middleweight Title is no longer on the line.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:06 PM   #73
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC 133
Saturday, Week 2, October 2011
Live from Las Vegas, NV

Prelims

Welterweight Division
Dustin Hazelett (12-7) vs Daniel "Ninja" Roberts (11-1)

Daniel Roberts d. Dustin Hazelett at 3:56 of the 1st round (Submission - Americana) [Great]

Middleweight Division
Chris Camozzi (15-3) vs Ed "Short Fuse" Herman (17-9)

Ed Herman d. Chris Camozzi (Unanimous Decision) [Average]

Middleweight Division
Jesse "Water" Bongfeldt (21-6-1) vs Rich "The Raging Bull" Attonito (9-4)

Rich Attonito d. Jesse Bongfeldt (Unanimous Decision) [Poor]

Bantamweight Division
Brad "One Punch" Pickett (20-5) vs Chris "Kamikaze" Cariaso (10-1)

Chris Cariaso d. Brad Pickett (Unanimous Decision) [Average]

Heavyweight Division
Fabio Maldonado (18-5) vs Tim Hague (12-5)

Fabio Maldonado d. Tim Hague at 2:37 of the 2nd round (TKO - Strikes) [Average]

Main Card

"The American Psycho" Stephen Bonnar (13-8) vs "The Iceman" Chuck Liddell (21-8)

Round 1: It's a solid first round as both guys are just going toe to toe in the center of the cage. Bonnar goes for a takedown but Chuck sprawls and Bonnar ends up face down in a precarious position. Chuck takes advantage by throwing a huge bomb that stuns Bonnar but Bonnar is able to avoid any further damage.

Round 2: Once again both guys are toe to toe throwing punches but the big stuff just isn't landing. Bonnar decides to shoot again and ends up getting sprawled again. This time Chuck is able to throw multiple rights and Bonnar cannot defend himself! It's over!

Chuck Liddell d. Stephan Bonnar at 2:25 of the 2nd round (TKO - Strikes) [Good]

Middleweight Division
Maiquel Falcao (27-3) vs Yoshiro Akiyama (14-3)

Round 1: Falcao is pushing the pace in round 1, but Sexyama is just dancing around. He doesn't get hit much but he almost does zero striking of his own. Falcao wins a boring round 1.

Round 2: More boring fighting. Falcao takes another god awful round.

Round 3: Akiyama scores a takedown but not much happens with it. Round ends with him on top, but he will lose this disaster.

Maiquel Falcao d. Yoshiro Akiyama (Unanimous Decision) [Awful]

Lightweight Division
Clay Guida (27-12) vs Sean Sherk (33-5-1)

Round 1: Well damn. Guida comes right out with a flying knee that rocks Sherk and then he comes back with a huge spinning backfist. Guida can't take down Sherk but Sherk is hurt. Sherk tries to take down Guida and Guida counters with a choke but Sherk keeps moving his feet and takes Guida down! He collects himself then passes guard and gets to mount. He begins throwing huge bombs and before you know it the ref is stopping the fight! What a momentum swing!

Sean Sherk d. Clay Guida at 4:13 of the 1st round (TKO - Strikes) [Good]

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (32-8) vs Ryan Bader (13-0)

Round 1: Rampage comes out and goes right after Bader. Bader shoots in but Rampage sprawls. They keep circling and Bader shoots again. Another sprawl but this time Rampage picks him up and slams him down hard! Bader manages to keep guard though but Rampage passes and takes his back attempting a choke. Bader doesn't allow it to happen but Rampage wins the round.

Round 2: Bader tries to take Rampage down but once again he cannot do it. Bader is frustrated. Rampage decides to attack and throws a flurry of punches and follows them up with a takedown. He rocks Bader with some vicious shots but he isn't in mount. Bader is hurt and Rampage easily passes guard and gets into full mount. From there it's elementary as he pounds Bader out!

Rampage Jackson d. Ryan Bader at 4:44 of the 2nd round (TKO - Strikes) [Good]

Main Event
Anderson "The Spider" Silva [c] (28-4) vs Michael "The Count" Bisping (21-3)

Round 1: Its a slow first round. Bisping is actually able to take Anderson down after timing a kick but he can't pass guard and almost falls victim to an armbar. The round ends with Bisping on top and he steals it.

Round 2: It's another slow round. Bisping's plan of keeping out of range of big strikes and taking it to the mat it is working so far but Silva times a takedown and rocks Bisping. Bisping smartly retreats and spends the rest of the round trying to avoid getting hit. It's 1-1.

Round 3: Anderson rocks Bisping again on another takedown attempt but it's still a very slow round. Anderson eventually knocks Bisping down with a huge shot and gets into guard but he can't pass it. Bisping successfully sweeps but the round ends. Very poor Main Event.

Anderson Silva d. Michael Bisping (Unanimous Decision [Poor]

Show Review

Critical Rating: Average
PPV Buys: 2.1 million

Fight of the Night: Daniel Roberts vs Dustin Hazelett
KO of the Night: Rampage Jackson
Submission of the Night: Daniel Roberts
Old 12-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #74
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC Ultimate Fight Night: Aldo vs Brown Lineup

Prelims

Featherweight Division
Fredson Paixao (10-4) vs Raphael Assuncao (16-3)

Middleweight Division
Alexandre "Cacareco" Ferreira (18-6) vs Nick Catone (8-2)

Welterweight Division
Charles Blanchard (8-3) vs Matt Riddle (6-2)

Lightweight Division
Darren "The Damage" Elkins (11-2) vs "Handsome" Matt Wiman (12-5)

Main Card

Lightweight Division
Anthony "Showtime" Pettis (12-2) vs Spencer "The King" Fisher (24-6)

Welterweight Division
"The Natural Born Killer" Carlos Condit (26-6) vs Marcus "The Irish Hand Grenade" Davis (17-7)

Roy "Big Country" Nelson (16-5) vs Frank Mir (15-5)

Main Event/Featherweight Title Fight
Jose Aldo [c] (19-1) vs Mike Brown (25-6)
Old 12-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #75
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC Ultimate Fight Night Weigh Ins

- All fighters make weight.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #76
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC Ultimate Fight Night: Aldo vs Brown
Thursday, Week 4, October 2011
Live from Portland, Oregon

Prelims

Featherweight Division
Fredson Paixao (10-4) vs Raphael Assuncao (16-3)

Raphael Assuncao d. Fredson Paixao at 3:05 of the 3rd round (Submission - Kimura) [Decent]

Middleweight Division
Alexandre "Cacareco" Ferreira (18-6) vs Nick Catone (8-2)

Alexandre Ferreira d. Nick Catone at 2:55 of the 3rd round (Submission - Guillotine) [Great]

Welterweight Division
Charles Blanchard (8-3) vs Matt Riddle (6-2)

Matt Riddle d. Charles Blanchard at 2:07 of the 1st round (Submission - Armbar) [Great]

Lightweight Division
Darren "The Damage" Elkins (11-2) vs "Handsome" Matt Wiman (12-5)

Darren Elkins d. Matt Wiman (Split Decision) [Average]

Main Card

Lightweight Division
Anthony "Showtime" Pettis (12-2) vs Spencer "The King" Fisher (24-6)

Round 1: Pettis shows off his striking as he twice rocks Fisher. He wants to take the fight to the ground after the second big right but Fisher is still able to stuff the takedown. Still Pettis is easily the better fighter this round.

Round 2: Pettis is again dominating the round. He hits another big strike and opens a cut over Fishers eye. He moves Fisher over to the fence and shoots a takedown. He gets mount as the round is coming to an end but manages to land a few big shots. The bell saves Fisher.

Round 3: Pettis comes out looking to end the fight but Fisher ends up rocking him with a big flurry! Fisher smells blood but Pettis is able to cover up. Fisher keeps the pressure and tries grapping. Pettis remarkably picks Fisher up and slams him down! Fisher keeps him in guard though but it is a dramatic display as the fight ends.

Anthony Pettis d. Spencer Fisher (Unanimous Decision) [Good]

Welterweight Division
"The Natural Born Killer" Carlos Condit (26-6) vs Marcus "The Irish Hand Grenade" Davis (17-7)

Round 1: The round gets into gear around the 3 minute market following an inadvertent low blow on Davis. Davis is landing more shots but Condit isn't panicking. He moves Davis to the cage and takes him down and locks on an Americana but the round ends saving Davis.

Round 2: A decent round though not memorable in the least. Condit has a nice trip but is forced to avoid a kimrua attempt by Davis and it allows Davis to get up. Still Condit is winning the fight.

Round 3: Condit is able to take Davis down. Davis is gassed from a rough cut. Condit gets into position and locks a armbar in tight. Davis has no choice, he has to tap!

Carlos Condit d. Marcus Davis at 2:17 of the 3rd round (Submission - Armbar) [Decent]

Roy "Big Country" Nelson (16-5) vs Frank Mir (15-5)

Round 1: A very slow round. Mir gets a takedown and is trying to pass guard but Nelson won't allow it. On the flipside Nelson is trying to sweep Mir but Mir won't let that happen. The round ends with Mir on top.

Round 2: The fans are getting into the fight now as both guys are somewhat tired after a whole round on the ground. Both guys stand in the pocket and just throw punches for much of the round. Nelson is counter striking well but Mir lands a couple of big blows. I'd give it to Nelson but it's too close to say.

Round 3: Mir comes out and both guys circle. Then out of nowhere Mir dives at Nelson and is able to lock in a flying heel hook! Nelson is stunned and before he knows it he is tapping out!

Frank Mir d. Roy Nelson at 0:41 of the 3rd round (Submission - Flying Heel Hook) [Decent]

Main Event/Featherweight Title Fight
Jose Aldo [c] (19-1) vs Mike Brown (25-6)

Round 1: Brown wins the first round after a nice takedown. Aldo uses his butterfly guard twice to stymie Brown who has to retreat but he is controlling the pace through the first round.

Round 2: Aldo is controlling round 2 until Brown hits a counter right that stuns Aldo. Aldo trips and goes down. Brown quickly puts an armbar in but Aldo is able to get out of it and scramble to his feet. Aldo is able to throw some shots that may have salvaged the round for him but I have it 2-0 Brown.

Round 3: Aldo hits a big spinning backfist that rocks Brown but he misses a right that would have ended the fight. Brown is able to regain his wits. Brown comes in with a barrage of punches and shoots a takedown. He scores and smothers Aldo for the last minute of the round. It is 3-0 Brown in my opinion.

Round 4: Brown comes out and throws a jab. Out of nowhere Aldo throws an insanely fast high leg kick that hits Brown right in the temple and knocks him out cold!!

Jose Aldo d. Mike Brown at 0:27 of the 4th round (KO - Headkick) to retain the UFC Featherweight Title [Good]

Show Review

Commercial Rating: Great

Fight of the Night: Matt Riddle vs Charles Blanchard
KO of the Night: Jose Aldo
Submission of the Night: Frank Mir

Injuries

Mike Brown is out 1-2 months with a head injury

Last edited by DeToxRox : 12-23-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #77
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC 134 Lineup Announced

Prelims

Bantamweight Division
Anthony Leone (8-2) vs Clint Godfrey (11-3)

Welterweight Division
Amir Sadollah (4-3) vs Johnny Hendricks (9-1)

Lightweight Division
"The Daywalker" Aaron Wilkinson (6-4) vs "The Mongolian Wolf" Tie Quan Zhang (12-0)

Middleweight Division
Kris "Savage" McCray (5-2) vs Rafael "Sapo" Natal (12-3-1)

Featherweight Division
Cub Swanson (15-5) vs Brandon "The Viper" Visher (14-2)

Main Card

Heavyweight Division
"Big" Ben Rothwell (32-8) vs Junior dos Santos (12-3)

Lightweight Division
Gray "The Bully" Maynard (11-0) vs "The Fireball Kid" Takanori Gomi (33-6)

Middleweight Division
Chael Sonnen (25-12-1) vs Vitor "The Phenom" Belfort (19-1)

Shane Carwin (13-1) vs Antonio "Minotauro" Rodrigo Nogueira (32-7-1)

Main Event/UFC Bantamweight Title Fight
"The California Kid" Urijah Faber [c] (25-4) vs Brian Bowles (9-1)
Old 12-23-2010, 10:24 PM   #78
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC 134 Weigh In Results

- All fights make weight.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:13 AM   #79
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC 134
Saturday, Week 2, November 2011
Live from Seattle, Washington

Prelims

Bantamweight Division
Anthony Leone (8-2) vs Clint Godfrey (11-3)

Clint Godfrey d. Anthony Leone at 3:19 of the 2nd round (Submission - Guillotine) [Average]

Welterweight Division
Amir Sadollah (4-3) vs Johnny Hendricks (9-1)

Amir Sadollah d. Johnny Hendricks (Unanimous Decision) [Poor]

Lightweight Division
"The Daywalker" Aaron Wilkinson (6-4) vs "The Mongolian Wolf" Tie Quan Zhang (12-0)

Tie Quan Zhang d. Aaron Wilkinson at 4:59 of the 1st round (TKO - Strikes) [Great]

Middleweight Division
Kris "Savage" McCray (5-2) vs Rafael "Sapo" Natal (12-3-1)

Kris McCray d. Rafael Natal (Unanimous Decision) [Decent]

Featherweight Division
Cub Swanson (15-5) vs Brandon "The Viper" Visher (14-2)

Brandon Visher d. Cub Swanson at 0:43 of the 2nd round (TKO - Strikes) [Poor]

Main Card

Heavyweight Division
"Big" Ben Rothwell (32-8) vs Junior dos Santos (12-3)

Round 1: Rothwell comes in with his jab, keeping JDS at bay but JDS gets into the pocket and throws some shots that miss. Rothwell starts to throw his own big shots and one catches JDS flush knocking him down. He stands over JDS and rocks him with another big shot. He sees JDS is hurt so he gets into mount and pounds JDS out!

Ben Rothwell d. Junior dos Santos at 4:01 of the 1st round (TKO - Strikes) [Great]

Lightweight Division
Gray "The Bully" Maynard (11-0) vs "The Fireball Kid" Takanori Gomi (33-6)

Round 1: Maynard is able to take Gomi down but struggles to gain mount for much of the round. Finally as the round is about to expire Maynard gets full mount but the bell rings before he can even throw one punch.

Round 2: Gomi is able to rock Maynard with a flying knee but he can't do enough to follow it up. He throws a leg kick which Maynard catches and takes him down with. Maynard gets into full mount but can't finish Gomi so he gives up mount is slyly takes Gomi's back where he attempts a rear naked choke with both hooks in. Gomi fights it off but Maynard wins the round.

Round 3: It's a decent round that is highlighted by Gomi landing a big right that knocks Maynard down. Gomi tries like hell to finish the fight but he cannot do it. Maynard is able to get a takedown later in the round but he can't finish it either. Gomi takes the round but it has to be Maynard.

Gray Maynard d. Takanori Gomi (Unanimous Decision) [Average]

Middleweight Division
Chael Sonnen (25-12-1) vs Vitor "The Phenom" Belfort (19-11)

Round 1: Sonnen takes Belfort down early and tries to get into mount but Belfort sweeps him and locks in armbar. Sonnen won't quit and is able to free himself but Belfort has side control. He collects himself then goes back to the armbar and this time Sonnen has nowhere to go and is forced to tap!

Vitor Belfort d. Chael Sonnen at 4:20 of the 1st round (Submission - Armbar) [Decent]

Shane Carwin (13-1) vs Antonio "Minotauro" Rodrigo Nogueira (32-7-1)

Round 1: Carwin comes out swinging for the fences but he gets himself off balance and Nog is able to take him down. Carwin pulls guard but Nog's BJJ is simply too strong and he easily takes side control. Nog waits a moment and then gets himself into a position to lock on an Arm Triangle. Carwin has nowhere to go and he taps!

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira d. Shane Carwin at 2:46 of the 1st round (Submission - Arm Triangle) [Great]

Main Event/UFC Bantamweight Title Fight
"The California Kid" Urijah Faber [c] (25-4) vs Brian Bowles (9-1)

Round 1: Faber takes Bowles down right away and is trying for mount but Bowles won't let it happen. Still Faber is on top nearly the entire five minutes and easily takes round 1.

Round 2: Faber is rocked early in the round by a big right but quickly gets the takedown. He gets lazy and almost falls victim to a guillotine. Faber is frustrated because he cannot pass guard. The round ends too close to call.

Round 3: Faber scores another takedown, this one against the cage, but he lets Bowles up rather then to gas himself out. They trade blows the last minute of the round but nothing comes of it.

Round 4: Bowles corner advises him to go for the kill this round. He obliges as he knocks Faber down with a stiff right and goes to follow it up with an armbar but Faber is able to get out of danger. Bowles lets him up and engages again. This time a right cross hits Faber flush and we have a new champion!

Brian Bowles d. Urijah Faber at 2:51 of the 4th round (KO - Right Cross) to win the UFC Bantamweight Title [Decent]

Show Rating

Critical Rating: Good
PPV Buys: 2.2 million

Fight of the Night: Ben Rothwell vs Junior dos Santos
KO of the Night: Ben Rothwell
Submission of the Night: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
Old 12-24-2010, 12:39 AM   #80
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC 135 Lineup Announced

Prelims

Tim "The Barbarian" Boestch (12-4) vs Stanislav Nedkov (11-0)

Welterweight Division
Charlie "The Spaniard" Brenneman (12-3) vs Dong "Stun Gun" Hyun Kim (13-1-1)

Lightweight Division
Kamal "Prince of Persia" Shalorus (6-0-2) vs Nik "The Carnie" Lentz (20-3-2)

Lightweight Division
Dan Downes (6-1) vs Cody McKenzie (12-1)

Bantamweight Division
Antonio Banuelos (18-7) vs Chase "The Rage" Beebe (16-8)

Main Card

Middleweight Division
Court "The Crusher" Mcgee (14-1) vs Nate "The Great" Marquardt (30-10-2)

Featherweight Division
Chad "Money" Mendes (10-0) vs Manny "The Pitbull" Gamburyan (11-5)

Welterweight Division
Nate Diaz (13-6) vs Matt "The Terror" Serra (13-7)

Randy "The Natural" Couture (19-10) vs Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida (17-2)

Main Event/UFC Lightweight Title Fight
Frankie "The Answer" Edgar [c] (14-1) vs Ben "Smooth" Henderson (14-1)
Old 12-24-2010, 02:02 AM   #81
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC 135
Saturday, Week 1, December 2011
Live from Detroit, MI

Prelims

Tim "The Barbarian" Boestch (12-4) vs Stanislav Nedkov (11-0)

Stanislav Nedkov d. Tim Boestch at 4:21 of the 1st round (Submission - Americana) [Good]

Welterweight Division
Charlie "The Spaniard" Brenneman (12-3) vs Dong "Stun Gun" Hyun Kim (13-1-1)

Charlie Brenneman d. Dong Hyun Kim (Split Decision) [Very Poor]

Lightweight Division
Kamal "Prince of Persia" Shalorus (6-0-2) vs Nik "The Carnie" Lentz (20-3-2)

Kamal Shalorus d. Nik Lentz at 2:06 of the 1st round (TKO - Strikes) [Great]

Lightweight Division
Dan Downes (6-1) vs Cody McKenzie (12-1)

Cody McKenzie d. Dan Downes (Unanimous Decision) [Average]

Bantamweight Division
Antonio Banuelos (18-7) vs Chase "The Rage" Beebe (16-8)

Chase Beebe d. Antonio Banuelos at 2:31 of the 1st round (Submission - Armbar) [Great]

Main Card

Middleweight Division
Court "The Crusher" Mcgee (14-1) vs Nate "The Great" Marquardt (30-10-2)

Round 1: Mcgee gets the live show off hot when he executes a big Greco-Roman slam. His attempt at an armbar is thwarted but he gets Marquardt's back and tries a rear naked choke. Marquardt avoids it and then luckily the round ends.

Round 2: Marquardt handles the pace this round. Mcgee attempts a few takedowns but can't find his mark on them. Marquardt is throwing nice punches and working Mcgee over. The round ends and we're tied.

Round 3: It's a slow round as both guys had a bad cut and seem drained. Mcgee was hitting stronger strikes but Marquardt may have had the edge volume wise. The judges will have their hands full here.

Nate Marquardt d. Court Mcgee (Split Decision) [Average]

Featherweight Division
Chad "Money" Mendes (10-0) vs Manny "The Pitbull" Gamburyan (11-5)

Round 1: A slow round but Mendes takes the round as he is able to hold Manny against the cage and dirty box him.

Round 2: Manny takes a boring round two after securing a takedown and then dominating from on top.

Round 3: Mendes is taken down but he is able to sweep and get on top. It'll be close, but this was a boring fight.

Chad Mendes d. Manny Gamburyan (Split Decision) [Very Poor]

Welterweight Division
Nate Diaz (13-6) vs Matt "The Terror" Serra (13-7)

Round 1: Exciting first round mat action. Lot's of reversals and submission attempts. Both guys worked hard. Too close to call.

Round 2: Yawn. Not a good start to the live show. Diaz gets a takedown but eventually they are stood up. Diaz takes the round.

Round 3: They come out swinging and the fight is being salvaged. Neither guy has an advantage but at the end of the round Serra drops Diaz with a big right. He tries to finish Diaz but he cannot do it. Still Serra just stole the fight with that knockdown.

Matt Serra d. Nate Diaz (Unanimous Decision) [Decent]

Randy "The Natural" Couture (19-10) vs Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida (17-2)

Round 1: Couture is trying to take the fight down to the ground but Machida is too quick. Machida eventually times a takedown and tags Couture but Couture is able to complete the takedown. He is incredibly woozy though and Machida easily scrambles. The round ends with a flurry from Machida.

Round 2: Couture takes Machida down and spends most of the round on top trying to get into full mount. It's a boring round as Randy spends nearly 4 minutes on top but he does tie it up.

Round 3: Machida tags Couture again this round but again Randy is able to complete a takedown. Machida is the more active fighter even off of his back and finally he is able to get loose. Both men trade blows to end the fight but Machida should have it.

Lyoto Machida d. Randy Couture (Unanimous Decision) [Average]

Main Event/UFC Lightweight Title Fight
Frankie "The Answer" Edgar [c] (14-1) vs Ben "Smooth" Henderson (14-1)

Round 1: A solid first round. Henderson has the biggest highlight when he locks on a standing guillotine that he uses to bring Edgar down but he can't finish the fight.

Round 2: A boring ass round. What a bad card. Edgar gets a takedown and takes the round with it as he is more active on top.

Round 3: Edgar again with a takedown and he eventually he takes the back of Henderson but he cannot choke Henderson out. He tries twice but finally the round ends.

Round 4: Replay? Edgar takedown. Check. Edgar trying for a choke. Check. Henderson escaping. Check. Boring fight. Check.

Round 5: We almost see a miracle finish as Henderson gets an Arm Triangle locked in but Edgar won't tap. Eventually Henderson's arm gas and he gives it up. Edgar holds on for the win.

Frankie Edgar d. Ben Henderson (Unanimous Decision) to retain his UFC Lightweight Title [Poor]

Show Review

Critical Rating: Poor
PPV Buys: 2.2 million buys

Fight of the Night: Chase Beebe vs Antonio Banuelos
KO of the Night: Kamal Shalorus
Submission of the Night: Chase Beebe
Old 12-24-2010, 10:13 AM   #82
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Meet the Cast of The Ultimate Fighter Season 13

Alex "Devastation" Donovan (6-0)

Donovan is a 25 year old Muay Thai fighter out of Providence, Rhode Island. He is currently associated with The Arena fighting camp which is a very solid kickboxing academy. He is a lighter heavyweight but uses his superior speed to his advantage.

Calvin "The Can Opener" Oswald" (6-3)

Oswald is also 25 years old, but he is a straight brawler out of Detroit. He is a natural heel who people absolutely loathe but there is no questioning his heart. Standing with him is a mistake, but if you take him down things can get ugly for him in a hurry. He currently trains with the MMA Lab.

Garrett "The Artist" Hall (4-1)

Hall, a 22 year old Jiu Jitsu practitioner, is not going to wow you on his feet. In fact the longer he stands, the more likely it is he will suffer a magnificent knock out. Instead Hall relies on a solid wrestling game to take people down and make them tap. One of the more creative young submission specialists in the world, he is exciting on the floor and can beat you if you aren't careful. He currently trains with the Wand Fight Team.

Jace "The Hunter" Slater (12-2)

Slater, also 22, is a solid 6'6 specimen who even at his young age, already provides a very solid Muay Thai game. He is someone who is okay on the ground but as of right now will earn his money standing and banging. He currently is not associated with a camp.

John "Lethal Weapon" Williams (8-0)

Williams, 25, is a ground and pound guy. He has very good takedowns and is perhaps the strongest fighter on the show. He has massive hands and when he starts dropping his hammerfists it is reminiscent of a young Brock Lesnar. He is not currently associated with a camp.

Steve "Shell Shock" Bollea (2-0)

Bollela, at 21, is the youngest fighter on the show. A one time pro wrestler, Bollea gave it up early to focus on an MMA career. With only 2 pro fights behind him he is the most inexperienced fighter, but he has tons of potential. He has strong wrestling thanks to a state championship wrestling background in high school, and is very capable once the fight is on the floor. He currently trains with American Top Team.

Steven "The Boa Constrictor" Kennedy (6-2)

Kennedy, 27, is the elder statesmen of the group. Kennedy has solid wrestling and Jiu Jitsu which makes him a terror on the ground. Physically he is very gifted, except for a very weak chin which could be his undoing. He currently trains with AKA.

Thomas "Massive Mayhem" Mortensen (5-1)

Mortensen, 23, is the third Canadian on the cast. He is a former boxer who is evolving into a solid Mixed Martial Artist. He has solid power and throws his hands as well as anyone. He still needs to work on his ground game though and it'll most likely be his undoing. He currently trains with Roufusport.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #83
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale Lineup

Prelims

Welterweight Division
Anthony Waldburger (14-5) vs Paulo Thiago (13-3)

Bantamweight Division
Charlie Valencia (12-7) vs Scott "Young Guns" Jorgensen (11-4)

Featherweight Division
Francisco Rivera (5-1) vs Rani Yahya (15-6)

Lightweight Division
Alex Karalexis (10-6) vs Dave "The Fugitive" Jansen (11-1)

Main Card

Heavyweight Quarterfinal
Thomas "Massive Mayhem" Mortensen (5-1) vs Calvin "The Can Opener" Oswald (6-3)

Heavyweight Quarterfinal
Steve "Shell Shock" Bollea vs Jace "The Hunter" Slater

Heavyweight Quarterfinal
John "The Lethal Weapon" Williams (8-0) vs Steven "The Boa Constrictor" Kennedy (6-2)

Heavyweight Quarterfinal
Alex "Devastation" Donovan (6-0) vs Garrett "The Artist" Hall (4-1)

Heavyweight Semifinal
Oswald/Mortensen vs Bollea/Slater

Heavyweight Semifinal
Williams/Kennedy vs Donovan/Hall

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (19-5) vs Matt "The Hammer" Hamill (10-3)

TUF 13 Final
Old 12-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #84
DeToxRox
Head Coach

TUF 13 Finale Weigh Ins

Thomas Mortensne (265) vs Calvin Oswald (265)
Steve Bollea (245) vs Jace Slater (265)
John Williams (265) vs Steven Kennedy (229)
Alex Donovan (225) vs Garrett Hall (235)
Old 12-24-2010, 11:16 AM   #85
Travis
Pro Rookie

Ohhhh boy, this should be good. Nice to see nearly half the cast representing the great white north
Old 12-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #86
Johnny93g
College Starter

I love snake meat!!
TML
Old 12-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #87
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The Ultimate Fighter 13 Finale
Thursday, Week 2, December 2011
Live from Las Vegas, Nevada

Prelims

Welterweight Division
Anthony Waldburger (14-5) vs Paulo Thiago (13-3)

Paulo Thiago d. Anthony Waldburger (Unanimous Decision)
[Awful]

Bantamweight Division
Charlie Valencia (12-7) vs Scott "Young Guns" Jorgensen (11-4)

Scott Jorgensen d. Charlie Valencia at 4:00 of the 3rd round (KO - Punch)
[Average]

Featherweight Division
Francisco Rivera (5-1) vs Rani Yahya (15-6)

Rani Yahya d. Francisco Rivera (Unanimous Decision) [Average]

Lightweight Division
Alex Karalexis (10-6) vs Dave "The Fugitive" Jansen (11-1)

Dave Jansen d. Alex Karalexis at 4:15 of the 2nd round (Submission - Armbar) [Decent]

Main Card

Heavyweight Quarterfinal
Thomas "Massive Mayhem" Mortensen (5-1) vs Calvin "The Can Opener" Oswald (6-3)

Round 1: Both guys come out looking to counter the other guys punches. Oswald is landing some of the better strikes throughout the round but Mortensen connected with his own solid shots. Still it is Oswald's round.

Round 2: It's another solid round. Mortensen lands the biggest shot with a huge flying knee but Oswald won't go down. Instead of panicking Oswald just starts throws tons of punches forcing Mortensen to retreat. Hard to pick a winner that round.

Round 3: Oswald comes out and throws a huge spinning backfist of his own that knocks Mortensen down. He quickly follows it up with GNP and Mortensen cannot defend himself so the ref has no choice but to step in!

Charles Oswald d. Thomas Mortensen at 1:11 of the 3rd round (TKO - Strikes) to advance to the TUF Semi-Finals [Good]

Heavyweight Quarterfinal
Steve "Shell Shock" Bollea vs Jace "The Hunter" Slater

Round 1: Slater shows his experience advantage over Bollea early. He is throwing almost nothing but stinging leg kicks that is taking a toll on Bollea who is trying to take it to the ground. Bollea is getting flustered as Hunter takes the first round.

Round 2: Slater continues to follow his gameplan to a tee. He lands more leg kicks and Bollea is noticeably limping around the cage. He has nothing on his strikes now and no drive in his takedowns.

Round 3: Bollea has huge heart and is showing it by not giving up between rounds despite massive swelling of his leg. Slater continues his attack to the leg and Bollea is in visible pain. Bollea goes for a desperation takedown but ends up face down after a sprawl and eats a huge shot that rocks him. Slater is trying to finish but Bollea hangs in there and the round ends.

Jace Hunter d. Steve Bollea (Unanimous Decision) to advance to the TUF Semi-Finals [Decent]

Heavyweight Quarterfinal
John "The Lethal Weapon" Williams (8-0) vs Steven "The Boa Constrictor" Kennedy (6-2)

Round 1: Both fighters come out looking tentative. Kennedy engages first but eats a jab for his troubles. Williams quickly shoots and takes Kennedy down. Kennedy tries to secure an armbar but Williams blocks it and gets to mount. He is throwing big shots but Kennedy is defending himself. Williams waits and lands a big elbow that rocks Kennedy. Williams begins throwing huge shots now and the ref has to stop it!

John Williams d. Steven Kennedy at 3:13 of the 1st round (TKO - Strikes) to advance to the TUF Semi-Finals (Great)

Heavyweight Quarterfinal
Alex "Devastation" Donovan (6-0) vs Garrett "The Artist" Hall (4-1)

Round 1: Donovan and Hall trade some blows early on. Donovan attempts a high leg kick and it ends up a mistake as Hall counters with a takedown. Hall is trying every submission in his arsenal, and even has a guillotine in at one point but Donovan is able to get out. After Donovan sweeps Hall is on his back but that is just fine with him and Hall throws out an arm triangle that is way too deep and Donovan has no choice but to tap!

Garrett Hall d. Alex Donovan at 4:33 of the 1st round (Submission - Arm Triangle) to advance to the TUF Semi-Finals [Good]

Heavyweight Semifinal
Calvin "The Can Opener" Oswald vs Jace "The Hunter" Slater"

Round 1: Hunter comes out with the same strategy he had vs Bollea which is to attack the legs. Oswald is able to avoid a few of the shots and get into the pocket. Hunter uncharacteristically decides to let his fists blow and it is an incredible display as both men are throwing huge shots. Hunter misses with a big shot and Oswald is able to land a big right flush on the jaw knocking Hunter out cold!

Calvin Oswald d. Jace Hunter at 3:09 of the 1st round (KO - Punch) to advance to the TUF 13 Finals [Great]

Heavyweight Semifinal
John "The Lethal Weapon" Williams vs Garrett "The Artist" Hall

Round 1: Its' a decent first round as both men attempt to shoot on the other. Hall finally scores a takedown when Williams tries to counter with a guillotine but cannot get it. Hall moves to full mount and tries an armbar but Williams rolls out of it and assumes top control. He can't do much with it though and eventually stands up. The round soon ends after.

Round 2: Hall goes for a flying heel hook as the round begins but Williams defends it. Williams does end up tripped down though and Hall goes back to mount, looking for a submission. Williams stacks up an armbar and gets top control again and begins throwing some solid strikes but he is leery of being tapped out. Williams is content to stay on top and let the round finish with Williams stealing it.

Round 3: Williams scores a takedown but he cannot get into full mount. He keeps avoiding Hall's submission attempts. Williams lands some solid ground strikes but near the end of the round the two men are stood up. The round ends and it'll be close.

John Williams d. Garrett Hall (Unanimous Decision) to advance to the TUF 13 Finale [Average]

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (19-5) vs Matt "The Hammer" Hamill (10-3)

Round 1: What a display by Shogun! He comes in with a huge barrage that knocks Hamill down. He then mounts and locks in an armbar and Hamill has to tap!

Shogun Rua d. Matt Hamill at 0:54 of the 1st round (Submission - Armbar) [Good]

TUF 13 Finale
Calvin "The Can Opener" Oswald vs John "The Lethal Weapon" Williams

Round 1: Williams is wanting to take this fight down to the ground, something Oswald has to avoid but he cannot. Williams takes him down and is working for mount. Oswald is defending admirably but eventually Williams takes his back. Williams doesn't get his hooks in and still attempts a choke but Oswald is able to slip out. The round ends but it is all Williams.

Round 2: Oswald comes out using his speed advantage. He is moving all around and avoiding strikes that can set up takedowns. Oswald displays a significant striking advantage and Williams who had a 3 round war earlier is gassing. Oswald ties it up.

Round 3: It's a rough finale as should be expected from a one night Heavyweight tournament. Williams just can't explode like he could earlier in the night and it is making it easier for Oswald to just circle and jab. Oswald tries finishing the fight but Williams won't allow it. Still, Oswald may have stolen the fight with this round.

Calvin Oswald d. John Williams (Unanimous Decision) to win the TUF 13 Finale [Poor]

Show Review

Commercial Rating: Decent

Fight of the Night: Calvin Oswald vs Jace Slater
KO of the Night: Calvin Oswald
Submission of the Night: Shogun Rua
Old 12-24-2010, 11:42 AM   #88
Travis
Pro Rookie

D'oh, a bit too much adrenaline for Slater it sounds like.

Congrats to Oswald, hopefully we'll get another match sometime in the future.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #89
Johnny93g
College Starter

I want to rematch with the can opener when 'im not so tired!!!!
TML
Old 12-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #90
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
D'oh, a bit too much adrenaline for Slater it sounds like.

Congrats to Oswald, hopefully we'll get another match sometime in the future.

Slater actually used more strategy then most fighters. When I created Oswald I just envisioned a guy like Rampage minus the wrestling. He has one punch power and speed. Besides that he is fairly limited. Had Williams not been in a war the fight before I think he easily wins the tournament.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #91
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am taking requests for what division should be featured on TUF 14 also. So if you have any ideas let me know.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #92
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
UFC looking for 8 Heavyweights For TUF 13

The UFC has announced that the next season of The Ultimate Fighter will take place this full, but this time it will feature a new format. Channeling the UFC of old, 8 heavyweights will fight in a one night tournament to earn the rights to a six figure UFC contract!

Prospective fighters must fill out the following information:

Name
Nickname
Record
Birthday
Nationality
Hometown
Based Out Of
Stance (Traditional/Southpaw)
Height
Best Weight
Min. Weight
Max. Weight
Walking Weight
Fighter Type (Just give a few lines out how you envision him fighting)
Background (Jiu Jitsu, Wrestling, Boxing, Muay Thai, Strike Based Submission, Judo) [Pick one for World class, 1 for high level]
General Fight Strategy (Aggressive, counter fighter, etc)

Nice. You know I'm totally getting in on this!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:58 PM   #93
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC 136 Lineup Announced

Prelims

Middleweight Division
Aaron "A-Train" Simpson (7-2) vs Mario Miranda (10-2)

Jason "The Hitman" Brilz (18-4-1) vs "The Ox" Dongi Yang (10-2)

Featherweight Division
"The Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung (11-3) vs Erik "New Breed" Koch (11-2)

Welterweight Division
Anthony "Rumble" Johnson (8-4) vs "The Outlaw" Dan Hardy (23-9)

Lightweight Division
Joe "Daddy" Stevenson (31-12) vs Sam "Hands of Stone" Stout (16-6-1)

Main Card

Bantamweight Division
Dominick Cruz (16-2) vs Edde Wineland (17-7-1)

Lightweight Division
"The Young Assassin" Melvin Guillard (26-9-2) vs Thiago Tavares (15-3-1)

Middlweight Division
Chris "The Crippler" Leben (26-6) vs Demian Maia (15-2)

Co-Main Event/UFC Welterweight Title Fight
Jon Fitch [c] (24-3) vs Chris "Lights Out" Lytle (32-17-5)

Main Event/UFC Heavyweight Title Fight
Cain Velasquez [c] (10-0) vs Brock Lesnar (7-2)
Old 12-25-2010, 01:36 AM   #94
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC 136
Saturday, Week 4, December 2011
Live from Newark, New Jersey

Prelims

Middleweight Division
Aaron "A-Train" Simpson (7-2) vs Mario Miranda (10-2)

Round 1: Mario Miranda d. Aaron Simpson at 4:58 of the 2nd round (Submission - Arm Triangle) [Decent]

Jason "The Hitman" Brilz (18-4-1) vs "The Ox" Dongi Yang (10-2)

Jason Brilz d. Dongi Yang (Unaninous Decision) [Poor]

Featherweight Division
"The Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung (11-3) vs Erik "New Breed" Koch (11-2)

Chan Sung Jung d. Erik Koch (Unanimous Decision) [Poor]

Welterweight Division
Anthony "Rumble" Johnson (8-4) vs "The Outlaw" Dan Hardy (23-9)

Dan Hardy d. Anthony Johnson at 2:27 of the 2nd round (KO - Punch) [Great]

Lightweight Division
Joe "Daddy" Stevenson (31-12) vs Sam "Hands of Stone" Stout (16-6-1)

Joe Stevenson d. Sam stout at 3:48 of the 1st round (Submission - Armbar) [Decent]

Main Card

Bantamweight Division
Dominick Cruz (16-2) vs Edde Wineland (17-7-1)

Round 1: It's an uneventful first round. Both men are just feeling one another out. Cruz allegedly had a poor camp coming into this fight but so far he looks solid. He out strikes Wineland to take the round.

Round 2: Cruz is using superb head movement this round and is just countering Wineland to death. Wineland cannot get anything going and it's all Cruz again.

Round 3: Same as the first two rounds. Cruz is just counter punching Wineland and Wineland has no answer. The round ends once again in favor of Cruz.

Dominick Cruz d. Eddie Wineland (Unanimous Decision) [Poor]

Lightweight Division
"The Young Assassin" Melvin Guillard (26-9-2) vs Thiago Tavares (15-3-1)

Round 1: Melvin Guillard wants to make a point with this fight and he comes out swinging for the fences. He connects with Tavares who is forced to cover up. Guillard keeps throwing bombs and Tavares goes down. Guillard continues to pound on Tavares until the ref steps in!

Melvin Guillard d. Thiago Tavares at 0:50 of the 1st round (TKO - Strikes) [Good]

Middleweight Division
Chris "The Crippler" Leben (26-6) vs Demian Maia (15-2)

Round 1: Demian Maia comes at Leben quickly and ends up with a big takedown which puts Leben against the fence. Maia is able to lock on a guillotine choke and Leben cannot get out of it!

Demian Maia d. Chris Leben at 2:03 of the 1st round (Submission - Guillotine) [Great]

Co-Main Event/UFC Welterweight Title Fight
Jon Fitch [c] (24-3) vs Chris "Lights Out" Lytle (32-17-5)

Round 1: Typical Fitch round here. He scores a takedown and smothers Lytle while he tries to get into mount. Eventually they are stood up by Fitch easily takes the first round.

Round 2: Fitch with another takedown and he gets side control. He attempts an arm triangle and locks it in right but Lytle won't give up and eventually he is able to get free, but Fitch is taking the fight easily so far.

Round 3: Yawn. Fitch controls Lytle against the cage again for most of the round. Lytle is frustrated as he cannot do anything. Fitch is just dominating.

Round 4: This is getting awful. Fitch is just dominating Lytle and has basically taken the will right out of him.

Round 5: Fitch is now leg kicking Lytle and eventually secures a takedown. He gets side control and ends up locking a deep armbar in. Lytle is valiantly fighting but he cannot get out of it and he has to tap.

Jon Fitch d. Chris Lytle at 3:20 of the 5th round (Submission - Armbar) to retian the UFC Welterweight Title [Poor]

Main Event/UFC Heavyweight Title Fight
Cain Velasquez [c] (10-0) vs Brock Lesnar (7-2)

Round 1: Brock comes in with a controlled rage unlike the first fight. He lands a big shot early and it helps him take Cain down. From there he hits some big shots, one of which busts Cain open. Brock gets side control, then easily takes mount. The gorilla fists come in hard and fast and this fight is over!

Brock Lesnar d. Cain Velasquez at 4:02 of the 1st round (TKO - Strikes) to win the UFC Heavyweight Title [Decent]

Show Review

PPV Buys: 2.1 million

Fight of the Night: Dan Hardy vs Anthony Johnson
KO of the Night: Dan Hardy
Submission of the Night: Jon Fitch

Injuries/Medical Suspensions

Demian Maia is out 2-6 months with a leg injury
Cain Velasquez is out 3 months on Medical Suspension

Last edited by DeToxRox : 12-25-2010 at 01:38 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #95
DeToxRox
Head Coach

2010 Year End Awards

Fighter of the Year: Brock Lesnar (UFC)
Promotion of the Year: UFC
Rookie of the Year: Liz Carmouche (Strikeforce)
Show of the Year: Strikeforce -Bitter Rivals [Headlined by Gilbert Melendez vs Ryan Couture]
Female Fighter of the Year: Amanda Nunes (Strikeforce)
Team of the Year: Nova Unalo
Rise of the Year: Ethan Garrison (Strikeforce)
Fall of the Year: Marius Zaromskis
Fight of the Year: Sergio Gomez vs Ryan Healy (Cage Fighting Championships)
Worst Fight of the Year: Damir Mirenic vs Yuichi Nakanishi (Martial Combat)
Knockout of the Year: Brian Bowles KO Punch of Urijah Faber (UFC)
Submission of the Year: Matt Serra's Armbar vs Carlos Condit (UFC)
Main Event of the Year: Joe Henle vs Mike Moreno [TPF - Incendiary 12]
Upset of the Year: Issac Villanueva beats Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
Old 12-25-2010, 12:23 PM   #96
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Misc. UFC Notes

- Michael Bisping wouldn't come to terms on a new deal and has signed with Strikeforce.

- Josh Koscheck wouldn't come to terms on a new deal and has signed with Strikeforce.

- Fabricio Werdum has decided to come back to UFC.

- Dan Henderson retired and entered the Blurcat Hall of Fame.

- Chuck Liddell announced his plans to retire after his next fight.

- Amazingly our most financially beneficial fighter is Frankie Edgar. Edgar headlined the two highest grossing PPV's of the year.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #97
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC 137 Lineup

- In the Main Event it will be the third battle between icons, as "The Prodigy" BJ Penn takes on Georges "Rush" St. Pierre. GSP has to be considered the favorite, but no one can ever count Penn out.

- In the Co-Main Event, a place in the top 5 of the Light Heavyweight Division is at stake when Luis Cane takes on "Mr. Wonderful" Phil Davis. Both men are riding win streaks, but for Davis, he can cement himself as not just a future star, but a current star.

- It's the final bout in the long, illustrious career of "The Iceman" Chuck Liddell, and it won't be easy, as he is going to go one on one with Jon "Bones" Jones. For Jones he has a chance to send a Hall of Famer out with a loss and in turn get himself off of the snide, but he better be careful because Liddell will leave it all in the cage!

- It's a heavyweight battle on 137, as the surprising Carl Seumanautafa will take on Stefan "Skyscraper" Struve! Though Struve is coming off of a loss he is still a dangerous opponent for ground and pound artist.

- In our opener it is a featherweight battle pitting Leonard Garcia against Mike Brown. Expect a lot of fireworks here as both guys will want to put on a show!
Old 12-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #98
Icy
Pro Starter

A bit off topic, but... how "playable" is the game? I'm still on the fence about buying it.

I have owned both versions before and found (specially with 1 as didn't play 2 a lot) that i was more watching fights that i booked than really "playing" a game with an objective, strategic decisions and enough things to do to improve my company, so i got bored pretty fast.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:09 PM   #99
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
A bit off topic, but... how "playable" is the game? I'm still on the fence about buying it.

I have owned both versions before and found (specially with 1 as didn't play 2 a lot) that i was more watching fights that i booked than really "playing" a game with an objective, strategic decisions and enough things to do to improve my company, so i got bored pretty fast.

Right now I am just toying around with UFC to get a better feel for the game but I did start a Bellator game that I find more strategic. I booked what I thought was a can't miss fight for the first PPV I ran and it was a commercial and critical disaster. Nothing is worse then watching your dreams get smashed in front of your eyes. I find that very rewarding. I played 1 and 2 and I feel this is a very big step up.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:36 PM   #100
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC 137 Weigh Ins

- All fighters make weight.